Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Some goddamned beautiful goons in these last 20 pages. I must say. REally dashing goons all around, for me too look at and appreciate. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Picnic Princess posted:

Guess I'll be the combo breaker.

My dad was a drug addict who lived in the street and tried to murder my Mom when I was 8. He looks like that doofy keyboarder from that Apache music video.

I am infinitely cooler than him even though I post in PYF.

The photos you posted seemed pretty cool, they were mountain like ones right?

You're setting yourself a low bar there though, are you cooler than sexy construction worker dad, professional body builder and judo dad, bad rear end biker dude dad, and hippy commune dad?

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I think she is :3:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Post Your Picture: Your dad is (usually) cooler

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Minimalist Program posted:

Some goddamned beautiful goons in these last 20 pages. I must say. REally dashing goons all around, for me too look at and appreciate. drat.

MP :buddy:

e: MP has a pretty cool duck in his avatar, how does cool duck rank against cool dad

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 23:19 on May 10, 2016

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
You and your bird biased modding!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

MP :buddy:

e: MP has a pretty cool duck in his avatar, how does cool duck rank against cool dad

I posted a picture of my living room, and yard, in GBS and several posters got mad at me because they seemed to think that my posting my living room and yard in GBS somehow means that I will not post my face in PYF?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Anyway, I am going to do it.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I bet you have nice hair, and eyes.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I bet you have nice hair, and eyes.

I am good looking, but my problem is that I know it, which can be a turn off to some.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

My best friend came back from France after almost a year! I don't know why he is making that face.

cash crab has a new favorite as of 03:19 on Sep 8, 2018

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Minimalist Program posted:

I am good looking, but my problem is that I know it, which can be a turn off to some.

:justpost: :rolleyes:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Kitchner posted:

The photos you posted seemed pretty cool, they were mountain like ones right?

You're setting yourself a low bar there though, are you cooler than sexy construction worker dad, professional body builder and judo dad, bad rear end biker dude dad, and hippy commune dad?

Tough call. Guess I need to climb more mountains.

Mocking Bird posted:

I think she is :3:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

That's unbearably cute.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's unbearably cute.

I also like to use cute animal gifs when I hand out probeartions in Take a Hike.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Picnic Princess posted:

I also like to use cute animal gifs when I hand out probeartions in Take a Hike.

Alas, I am rarely in the mood to do that when probating/banning in D&D. :smith:

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

I had a busy long weekend! :buddy: I visited a friend on the Delaware Bay.

He made me wear his hat. It was in exchange for getting to sit at his drum kit, so I figure it was a fair trade.

Then we all got to rescue a bunch of horseshoe crabs while we were wandering around the beach after midnight. It was pretty cool. :3:

They're so big!!!!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

You just prevented them from having sex you meany.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

I took a purikura while in Japan. No regrets (other than being too tall for their puny midget booths.)

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Mocking Bird posted:

My dad lives in a cabin in the woods where he has constructed a throne made of old Star Trek VHS tapes and that he accesses by dirt road on his motorcycle.

He has heart problems and no cell reception at home and tells us that his corpse being found weeks later gnawed upon by raccoons sounds "loving metal" :shrug:

Edit: the mullet of a man with a Star Trek throne

Quoting from the previous page because yes, that is very loving metal. The corpse thing more so than the VHS throne, though the latter is metal in a GBS-esque way.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Are we still doing dad-pics? I've got this one to hand.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Teach posted:

Are we still doing dad-pics? I've got this one to hand.

If that really is your dad that's awesome as poo poo.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Just chilling in these train tracks with this vintage car

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
:3: Thanks.

Yeah, he's always been into vintage cars, mainly smaller ones, like these Austin 7s in the background of his wedding pics. He has a long history of not really giving a gently caress.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Teach posted:

Yeah, he's always been into vintage cars, mainly smaller ones, like these Austin 7s in the background of his wedding pics. He has a long history of not really giving a gently caress.

Okay, see, now I can see what hipsters are going for and failing to achieve.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Teach posted:

Your dad was the original hipster.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
He looks like one of the Avett brothers. Did he play in a bluegrass band too?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

To be honest with the return of MP and dad chat I am hoping for a good heirs joke.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Teagan has a new favorite as of 01:30 on Mar 18, 2019

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I thought your occupation was a goof. That's pretty badass. I've done zero research but how's the market for WW2 era military Harley's?

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

LingcodKilla posted:

You just prevented them from having sex you meany.

Actually there were about 30+ of them flipped over from the storm that went through. All the ones that were together we made sure to flip together. Then they wandered off into the waves, still together.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

schnickety scribe posted:

Actually there were about 30+ of them flipped over from the storm that went through. All the ones that were together we made sure to flip together. Then they wandered off into the waves, still together.

:kimchi:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

schnickety scribe posted:

They're so big!!!!

What the gently caress, I always assumed a horseshoe crab had little horseshoey claws. That thing should be attack a spaceship.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

I thought your occupation was a goof. That's pretty badass. I've done zero research but how's the market for WW2 era military Harley's?

That is my 1958 Royal Enfield Super Meteor, have had it since I was a kid, and worked my whole life on it to get it juuuust right. It is military inspired of course. Basically any military actual build, or style is going to be very popular. You will find them in barns and country auctions mostly. (or else I do). You are obviously in the thousands, even just for parts and restoration. Throw a genuine military harley at me I'd.. well I am not sure what to quote, lots. I currently have one in the shop, but it is being chopped. I have considered turning the enfield into a cafe bike, mostly because I am bored.

I am wondering what an odd thing to put as profession if not real. Pasty Chef?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Teagan posted:

That is my 1958 Royal Enfield Super Meteor, have had it since I was a kid, and worked my whole life on it to get it juuuust right.

This rules, restoration is such a neat hobby.

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

EmmyOk posted:

What the gently caress, I always assumed a horseshoe crab had little horseshoey claws. That thing should be attack a spaceship.

The males had, like, little mitteny looking claspers to hold onto the females. And I think the whole "horseshoe" thing has more to do with the shape of the crab itself instead of its feet.

Fun fact: they are considered living fossils, because they've pretty much remained unchanged as a species since before dinosaurs existed. They are also more closely related to the ancient sea scorpions that were alive way back in the day than they are to crabs. :eng101:

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This rules, restoration is such a neat hobby.

My dad got in touch with a lot of his old biker friends (think teen and up) several years back, and so many people were asking to use our machinery that they started hanging out together while one or two did some work. It was called Toxic Tuesday, beer, paint stripper and coils. I would pop in, say hello, have a beer. Then I would work on my bike in the corner and steal a beer. and then it became a weekly thing where I would hang out with the guys. Wear my coveralls, get dirty, get hurt, and learn SO much from the guys. Then I joined a group in another town on tuesdays, and my father would drive me there. So it became Wicked Wednesdays. Same deal, different email header.

The guys noticed my handy work and would bring their projects for me to do for them. What with my dainty hands I could handle bolts and wiring more easily. But my favourite thing is stripping a whole bike and restoring to perfection, best at stripping/grinding and the fine details. I love to spray, to bake, to detail.... I get paid nicely for my work. I also buy err... I don't know how to put it in a pc term, so oh well sue me, jap bikes. I would buy honda's yamaha's, suzukis etc in poor condition, research what is in demand and clean up those parts and sell them at rallies, online, through connections. The entire upstairs is my work area of old and dead motorcycles, that and snow tires.

Having those men around me makes me feel safe, and accepted. I won a scholarship for automech and got poo poo from all the guys. Real men, real grown up, experienced guys think I am the bee's knees so I choose that to define myself as.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wow, so is that your full time job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Darth123123 posted:

Wow, so is that your full time job?

not technically. Some people call it a hobby, but I am not gluing together cardboard airplanes. I work projects when they come, and seek out projects when things are dry. Sometimes we just sit and tell war stories, or what a trouble maker my father was in the way back.

Technically I am a nursing person. But I consider my motorcycle junk to be my real work. I am not paid on a salary, I am paid by project. Last summer I rebuilt 2 antique Vincents worth well over 100k and made a very nice bonus. I would explain more deeply about my situation, but goons can be very twisty with personal information.

Often I work nights because I have more peace. But that is a trouble because you cannot rev at 3am with neighbours.

I adore what I do. Adore