Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I definitely found Ronee super annoying and I don't know why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Achmed Jones posted:

donnie and mel both got done dirty. i liked them both when they were with daphne and niles. mel was maris-lite because niles is maris-lite, too their entire thing was both being dorky clean-freak snobs that were generally well-meaning and kind, but snooty. not everything has to be opposites attracting. the best thing imo would've been if niles just got over daphne quietly like most people do with infatuations when they get in an actual normal relationship. but ah well, it's a 90s sitcom, i can't have everything

cam owns, bebe owns, cam's mom owns, poppy owns. martin being with ronnie instead of cam's mom is the greatest television injustice of all time. it's just such a massive mistake that i can't figure out how they managed to screw it up other than either the actress not wanting to do it, or somebody being lovely about interracial relationships

kirby's lame, lana's lamer, daphne's family sucks (but her mom has some funny moments so she gets a pass mostly)

Given the execs forced the plot of Roz getting pregnant specifically to punish her character for being unashamedly promiscuous I don't doubt they weren't gonna let an interracial relationship fly.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

All of Daphne's relatives in F.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I mostly like the ongoing rivalry with Cam, but I dislike the episode where Cam deliberately covers Frasier's window with the flag. Living through post-9/11 nationalism sucked enough poo poo at the time; I have no interest in revisiting that.

Agreed, it's pretty painful to remember. Although... Oh beautiful, for spacious skies / For amber waves of grain...

:911:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Cessna posted:

All of Daphne's relatives in F.

Though I am inclined to agree for every other episode I think Simon is perfect in “Dark Side of the Moon”

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Ive seen many episodes mostly in syndication like 20 years ago but I’m watching the whole series for the first time. Almost done with season 1 and I can’t help but feel for ol Frays. He’s basically forced to let his dad move in, forced to let his dads PT live there full time and he can’t even put his chili pepper lights on the tree without his old nagging dad starting a fight over it. There isn’t a bottle of sherry big enough to drown away the stress of living in that madhouse. #teamfrays #putdadinahome

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I mostly like the ongoing rivalry with Cam, but I dislike the episode where Cam deliberately covers Frasier's window with the flag. Living through post-9/11 nationalism sucked enough poo poo at the time; I have no interest in revisiting that.
I think that's the point. A lot of shitheads used the patriotic surge after 9/11 to coat their terrible crap in a thin veneer of patriotism. Cam is doing that to Frasier via an oversized flag because he's an rear end in a top hat who is trying to play up to people.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Bloopsy posted:

Almost done with season 1 and I can’t help but feel for ol Frays.
Like the 5th episode in S1 deals with that.

Frasier confides to Niles that it isn't working out, Marty tells him it won't be easy but he's doing it to bridge that divide between them. It's a quite American thing with the semi-estrangement and distance between the parent/son, the sense that it's easier for someone else to care for them, etc.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

sudonim posted:

I think that's the point. A lot of shitheads used the patriotic surge after 9/11 to coat their terrible crap in a thin veneer of patriotism. Cam is doing that to Frasier via an oversized flag because he's an rear end in a top hat who is trying to play up to people.

Yep, but I hate that sort of thing so much that I just don't really find it that funny.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Bloopsy posted:

IHe can’t even put his chili pepper lights on the tree without his old nagging dad starting a fight over it.

This is a weird scene on rewatch because later seasons would have this exact dialogue with the roles 100% reversed

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

early martin was a dick and im glad he got better

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Had it put that early on Martin's angry and depressed probably because he's lost his wife and now his independence, been getting begrudging visits from just Niles and now has to move in with his other very different son he hasn't seen much for years. Not too surprising he's a dick.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

sudonim posted:

And the moment when the flag drops over the window just as Frasier reaches the pinnacle of a pompous patriotic speech and Niles asks "how did you do that?" is one of my all-time favourite Frasier moments.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The good old days after 9/11!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

:catstare:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Why does it have to look so scary

It's like they're all Cartilage Head

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

this suddenly seems very appropriate:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Brawnfire posted:

Why does it have to look so scary

It's like they're all Cartilage Head

If you were a big dog they would be beautiful

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

My favorite part of this is that the Jack Russell terrier still exists and it’s just a normal dog

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
It’s a lesser dog. These are Big Dogs we are talking about here!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Frank Frank posted:

My favorite part of this is that the Jack Russell terrier still exists and it’s just a normal dog

that makes sense, there's still little birds in the disney duck media

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Goofy and Pluto

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'm absolutely certain that wasn't drawn by furries.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

My Furraiser hoodie came today. Feels great, fits great, I'm gonna be proud to wear it out in public. $55 well spent.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1646683799772692480?s=20

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Extremely funny that it’s sorta buried in the thread that the person he met was Patricia Clarkson

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

roomtwofifteen posted:

Extremely funny that it’s sorta buried in the thread that the person he met was Patricia Clarkson

Holy poo poo there's so much more you could recognize Patricia Clarkson from

I've finally found someone who is a bigger Frasier nerd than I

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Yeah surely she’s more recognizable as Justin Timberlake’s mom.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

https://twitter.com/2DForever/status/1646077127287029761

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Pulling out some Chun-Li specials with Roz

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Roz definitely has a special move where she bludgeons an opponent with a printout of the current union contract.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Daphne's psychic counterattack.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Riven posted:

Yeah surely she’s more recognizable as Justin Timberlake’s mom.

She's here, isn't she...?

No, the first one.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Daphne's psychic counterattack.

No, Daphne is the villain, brainwashing all the cast against our heroes. The level end bosses are her family members.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Bulldog's hit bar gets low enough and he flips out, THIS STINKS, THIS IS TOTAL BS and does tons of berserker damage

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

No, Daphne is the villain, brainwashing all the cast against our heroes. The level end bosses are her family members.

But then you gotta have Maris in a giant robot.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I understand Niles kicking the poo poo out of Simon but why is the other enemy Bobby Bacala?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's a beat em up game, everyone beats up everyone for no particular reason.

Actually the Simpsons arcade game comes to mind as having all the canon regulars- even (early season 1) Sideshow Bob!- be background characters or even providing assistance, while the enemies are all original characters in the show's style. I should bug the Simpsons meme thread about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

codo27 posted:

I understand Niles kicking the poo poo out of Simon but why is the other enemy Bobby Bacala?

Existential conflicts escalating from inconsequential petty differences? In Frasier Crane-related media? :monocle: