Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

therattle posted:

I want to eat it

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

If it’s OK!

UPDATE: I was brave and touched it. It felt like wax so definitely congealed/hard and fat. I’m not sure if it was rancid or not because I didn’t want to taste it. I took it off with a spoon and the paste underneath tasted okay, so I had some.

If these are my last words, remember me fondly.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
You can sniff it to see if it’s rancid, it will smell like wet cardboard. Surely you’ve smelled stale oil before right?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Steve Yun posted:

You can sniff it to see if it’s rancid, it will smell like wet cardboard. Surely you’ve smelled stale oil before right?

Yeah, I’ve smelled rancid oil. It smelled a touch rancid. But the paste below tasted ok!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
From what I gather from a quick googling rancid oil is bad for you if you consume it regularly but is ok if you just eat it once in a while?

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I thought we got over high meat like a decade ago.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Drink and Fight posted:

I thought we got over high meat like a decade ago.

Maybe I WANT a thorough purging.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Rattle, I swear to god I’m going to be so mad if you get sick from some goddamned jarred garbage. Throw that crap out, and have a nice cup of tea and some McVitie’s or something. Those things never betrayed you.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

dino. posted:

Rattle, I swear to god I’m going to be so mad if you get sick from some goddamned jarred garbage. Throw that crap out, and have a nice cup of tea and some McVitie’s or something. Those things never betrayed you.

Counterpoint: EAT THE GLOP, GLOP IS THE PLATONIC IDEAL

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Scientastic posted:

Counterpoint: EAT THE GLOP, GLOP IS THE PLATONIC IDEAL

Yess! I ate the glop! No gastric symptoms to report.

dino. posted:

You say that about McVitie’s but I’ve got some stories to tell you…

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

therattle posted:

Yess! I ate the glop! No gastric symptoms to report.

Check back in 24 hours

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

That Works posted:

Check back in 24 hours

It’s about 22.5 hours now. No explosive diarrhoea yet. I’m almost disappointed.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

therattle posted:

It’s about 22.5 hours now. No explosive diarrhoea yet. I’m almost disappointed.

eat the whole glob

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Eat This Glob posted:

eat the whole glob

This page was basically made for you.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Eat This Glob posted:

eat the whole glob

You would say that.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
random thing friend told me was their new obsession: something called Fruit Riot

have any of you been able to find it in stores?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It doesn't seem very exciting, it's frozen fruit with sour stuff added.

quote:

Grapes, Sour Coating (Lemon Juice Sugar Soluble Corn Fiber Corn Starch Citric Acid Malic Acid), Coconut Oil

Contains: Corn, Peanuts, Tree Nuts

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Countless grapes are already ruined by those who create raisins. now this nonsense? What’s next? just eat the dang grape

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Counterpoint: raisins are good.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Counterpoint: raisins are good.

Where the gently caress is all this raisin hate coming from? I love raisins, currants, prunes, craisins, pretty much any dried fruit.
Oatmeal Raisin is the BEST cookie, by far.

Some of this is a generational thing, my younger employees all hate raisins, and mock me for having once professed my love of Rum Raisin ice cream.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Raisins are bad, and have never improved anything they have been put in, except Raisin Bran. Can you imagine how bad a cereal has to be for adding 2 scoops of raisins to it to make it BETTER?

Being tricked into thinking your cookie has chocolate chips in it, only to find out it’s raisins is one of life’s greatest disappointments. Hydrated raisins in something like bread pudding feels like biting into and popping a little eyeball. Blegh.

Every raisin is a tragedy, because it’s a grape that could have stayed a delicious grape, or completed a grape’s true purpose, metamorphosis into wine.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I am raisinbivalent but I did love a curried chicken salad I had at Sweet Lady Jane’s in Los Angeles a decade ago and it had raisins, little tiny bursts of sweetness in between earthiness and richness

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Is hating raisins the new obsessing over bacon?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Human Tornada posted:

Is hating raisins the new obsessing over bacon?

Only if you have a Calvin peeing on raisins decal on your Ford F150

Arkhamina
Mar 30, 2008

Arkham Whore.
Fallen Rib
I like raisins, including oatmeal raisin cookies and rum raisin ice cream. I also love minced meat pie which features them.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

They're great. I'm going to make a raisin fruit loaf tomorrow.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I like raisins on their own but not so much in food. That said, they are growing on me in certain dishes, like I’ll add them to a Persian pilaf. I think I prefer the texture in cooked/stewed rather than baked goods, where the contrast in texture highlights the squished eye aspect above.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m the opposite. Raisins are great in baked goods but eating them out of a box yuck.

Doesn’t help that they get stale so easy

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My favorite thing about raisins is how the bottom half of the carton gets packed together into one hard mass

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Like a big wad of boogers

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Raisins are great when you know they are there, unexpected raisins are weird and gross.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pookah posted:

Raisins are great when you know they are there, unexpected raisins are weird and gross.

:hai:

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Raisins are great except when you get one with a weird shriveled seed left in, so there's just this horrible hard bit messing up your bite of chewy wrinkle fruit

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Enfys posted:

Raisins are great except when you get one with a weird shriveled seed left in, so there's just this horrible hard bit messing up your bite of chewy wrinkle fruit

Welcome to currants

mystes
May 31, 2006

therattle posted:

I like raisins on their own but not so much in food. That said, they are growing on me in certain dishes, like I’ll add them to a Persian pilaf.
Putting dried fruit in persian pilafs is absolute barberry

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

raisins? they're average

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

mystes posted:

Putting dried fruit in persian pilafs is absolute barberry

You’re just saying that because you’ve got sour cherries.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
my favorite thing about raisins is using the box as a whistle afterwards

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I like to soak raisins in water so I can have grapes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Me making raisins and then making grapes

(NSFW)

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 24, 2024