Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

An insane mind posted:

Maybe the lib-dems should just gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
people voting for the tories or the lib dems: lmao i hope you suffer

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Independent Scotland. With nukes.

Oh my lordy.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
i drank to much and went to sleep like 8 hours ago to hope for the best and holy poo poo its so much worse than i figured lmao

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Good morning, thread.
I am horribly hungover and just read the news.

Fuuuuuuuuck everyone itt for giving me hope and gently caress England for being a garbage land of servile cunts who love to be dominated by posh Etonian twats.
I’m joining the snp. death to the uk

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Does this big new majority just make a no deal Brexit more likely? Or could they pass some kind of new deal that the EU would agree with that they couldn't before?

Crashrat
Apr 2, 2012

Sedisp posted:

The temperature is rising, the pounds cratering
Btexit expected, the ice is growin' thin
Corbyns stop running, but I have no fear
'Cause London is drowning, and I, I voted for LibDem

:golfclap:

This was underappreciated so I'm just quoting it to make sure you know someone did appreciate this.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

My N-I friend said that even with the absolute crap result Nigel Dodds losing his seat had him tearing up with joy. I don't know if that's good or not.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

labour won in my area :unsmith:

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

hemale in pain posted:

and everyone that needs medicine and is poor are going to die

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Sedisp posted:

The temperature is rising, the pounds cratering
Btexit expected, the ice is growin' thin
Corbyns stop running, but I have no fear
'Cause London is drowning, and I, I voted for LibDem

this is what a UK SpiderHyphenMan must be like

DB Pooper
Mar 27, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hemale in pain posted:

you should have some champagne to celebrate

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

DB Pooper posted:

no because i voted lib dem

K9
May 6, 2007

My constituency was 70% Labour :unsmith:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

not really

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

DB Pooper posted:

strawberry champagne

K9
May 6, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

people voting for the tories or the lib dems: lmao i hope you suffer

There will be sufficient suffering

DB Pooper
Mar 27, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hemale in pain posted:

no because i voted lib dem

oh well in that case you should stay in bed and cry all day

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd link to an SNL skit from the 90s called The Continental where Christopher Walken enjoys some cham-pag-ne but NBC blocks old bit on YouTube because I guess that IP is just too precious.

K9
May 6, 2007

Nonsense posted:

strawberry champagne

*strawberry champagne may contain up to 50% piss

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
start building caskets

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Mariana Horchata posted:

start building caskets

Lol people already can't afford to die

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We need to make the caskets look classy on the cheap. Aluminum cladding on a plastic shell.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So when do you think the day will be when we hear a person speak with a British accent for the last time? I'm going to guess sometime in the 2040s.

K9
May 6, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

start building caskets

Those corpses are a valuable national resource, we can sell them to the US army for $CASH.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

IWW Online Branch posted:

So when do you think the day will be when we hear a person speak with a British accent for the last time? I'm going to guess sometime in the 2040s.
I guess the serious response is even when the UK loses all influence in the world, it doesn't mean people will stop using that accent. It just means it won't be recorded in anything other than local media.

Same with American accents eventually, and then English as a whole.

Edit: Latin was the language of state and education for hundreds of years after the fall of the Roman empire though, so we've got some time.

Samurai Sanders has issued a correction as of 11:40 on Dec 13, 2019

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
hell yeah all the people dancing over Corbyn's resignation

I'm sure Kier Starmer is gonna kick some Tory rear end

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Sell your blood.

Before the capitalists start charging rent on it.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

K9 posted:

My constituency was 70% Labour :unsmith:

Even if every non-tory vote in my constituency was for a single party they would still be ~20k votes short of the Tory vote, fml. The Labour vote cratered where I am. loving home counties.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

gradenko_2000 posted:

hell yeah all the people dancing over Corbyn's resignation

I'm sure Kier Starmer is gonna kick some Tory rear end

loling at all the libs that are like "now that that mean nasty Corbyn is gone we can get back to normal" they have no idea the hurricane of poo poo that's bearing down on them

Argentum
Feb 6, 2011
UGLY LIKE BOWEL CANCER

IWW Online Branch posted:

You guys aren't going to last past 2030 and that's already a generous estimate. The UK is hosed

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Politics is a farce, the clown with the flashiest make-up over their rictus grin wins.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

congrats on getting brexit done though, you'll be free of brussels' centrist influence now

Svensken
May 29, 2010
So it seems like the LibDems and Labour split the votes which handed the Tories a bunch of districts. Would Labour have had a shot if the Parliamentary seats were distributed by popular vote rather than by constituency?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

someone i know is rambling over how brexit is gonna be great for some fertiliser mining company and im like "wtf are you talking about??" he keeps bringing it up it's really weird.

apparently british farming is gonna be expanded (it's not) so will need more fertiliser. i wonder what CHUD forum he's getting this poo poo from.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
At least Ireland will be reunited

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hemale in pain posted:

someone i know is rambling over how brexit is gonna be great for some fertiliser mining company and im like "wtf are you talking about??" he keeps bringing it up it's really weird.

apparently british farming is gonna be expanded (it's not) so will need more fertiliser. i wonder what CHUD forum he's getting this poo poo from.

subsistence farming maybe

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Svensken posted:

So it seems like the LibDems and Labour split the votes which handed the Tories a bunch of districts. Would Labour have had a shot if the Parliamentary seats were distributed by popular vote rather than by constituency?

I think Labour, LibDem and Scots would have a slight majority if the numbers are final. The LibDems of course would join Boris.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
They could make it like the outer worlds and make fertilizer out of human remains?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Lord knows the death of the NHS will supply plenty of bodies.