Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
the woke want to take away your knives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
knives to meet you

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Real talk, do we need a Knife Amnesty or something? Cause gently caress me dead there's been another one.

It's actually not some crime wave sweeping the nation. This poo poo has always happened, but media looooves to jump on the trend bandwagon for those views.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
are we going to start to get updates on knife crime statistics?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

There's like three seperate ssids with Latin puns in the building and then one that says 'BIG DOGS HOUSE' and I'm torn between jumping on the Latin bandwagon or one upping the big dog and going "EVEN BIGGER DOGS HOUSE"

MEDIUM DOGS HOUSE

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
biggus&incontinentia

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
its bullshit that as more things can connect to the internet that there isnt an easy way to update the stored wifi passwords

i should probably change my routers access point passwords but there is so much poo poo id have to update the password on

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Infinitum posted:

Real talk, do we need a Knife Amnesty or something? Cause gently caress me dead there's been another one.

A lot of knives are already illegal to own/carry, but pretty much every home has knives capable of killing someone.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Better than being forked to death I reckon.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Peanut butter butter weed fudge is fine but to my taste doesn't quite disguise the cannabutter flavour enough. Possibly a touch more salt or chocolate chips would fix that right up though. I haven't tried the set fudge yet. I just licked the bowl and the spatula.

That took me like 3 minutes to type. I'm gonna go play video games.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
have you tried a cannabutter suppository?

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Chewbecca posted:

God speed, goon. Moving sucks poo poo in the worst way
It needn't though. One of my good friends asked if I could help with the muscle on his good friends move at 1pm so me and 5 guys took 45 minutes moving him out and 30 minutes moving him into a ground floor flat 20 minutes drive away. Beers and pizza – done by 5pm. It can be so easy if the circumstances are right.
However.
When it was time to return the favour to my good friend when he moved just 2 suburbs, this good friend of his called on the day of (Saturday am) citing 'getting sick'. We knew he was hungover, as he was a chronic drunk, bringing the crew that day from 5 to 4. That prick has not been spoken to again.
Don't be that prick. Show up with coffees and spew on your shoes, but don't bail on the day.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BastardAus posted:

It needn't though. One of my good friends asked if I could help with the muscle on his good friends move at 1pm so me and 5 guys took 45 minutes moving him out and 30 minutes moving him into a ground floor flat 20 minutes drive away. Beers and pizza – done by 5pm. It can be so easy if the circumstances are right.

Every time I've volunteered to help a friend move I've turned up at their house and most of their poo poo isn't even packed so it took hours

I was helping someone move their stuff into storage once and they hosed around so much that the storage facility was closed by the time the truck was loaded. In the end they had to pay the truck hire company to store their stuff and then get hire another truck so they could take it to the storage place. I didn't volunteer for the second attempt.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Every time I've volunteered to help a friend move I've turned up at their house and most of their poo poo isn't even packed so it took hours

I was helping someone move their stuff into storage once and they hosed around so much that the storage facility was closed by the time the truck was loaded. In the end they had to pay the truck hire company to store their stuff and then get hire another truck so they could take it to the storage place. I didn't volunteer for the second attempt.

TBF my friend was on his 18th move in 20 years. Amateurs can underrate the time it will take. And their friends' capacity to tell them to "hurry the gently caress up, we're not on the clock mate!".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
More than once I've been asked to help someone move and they hadn't even loving started packing their poo poo up.

My policy now is to turn around and leave and have them call me when they actually have their poo poo in gear.

"Help me pack and move" is one thing. "Help me move, just need you to load the boxes" and then you find they've done nothing when you arrive is a very different thing.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I think it would be "Magnus canis"

tell me, are the other Latin wifi names held to this scrutiny?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
My popcorn brings all the women to the yard

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Re Aus PT: It's all spokes and no wheels.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If Jacko and the ghost of Shane Warne got in a fight. Who would win?

Note - Jacko is pushing 65, but his Energizer battery is still going strong

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
flu shot done

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Hungry for food but its not lunch time yet

Sooo hungry

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Cheeky little breakdown between the old house and the new house. Pulled into a Maccas to get a frozen coke to try and cheer myself up and my wife's bridal dress was on a mannequin in the front seat and the back was jam packed full of trash and got a weird look from the drive thru lady. Hey lady like you've never cried taking a wedding dress for a drive with a car full of garbage.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Cheeky little breakdown between the old house and the new house. Pulled into a Maccas to get a frozen coke to try and cheer myself up and my wife's bridal dress was on a mannequin in the front seat and the back was jam packed full of trash and got a weird look from the drive thru lady. Hey lady like you've never cried taking a wedding dress for a drive with a car full of garbage.

Just say "That's my wifes" with no further clarification.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Easy Money (1983) is rodney dangerfield and joe pesci doing a bunch of bits like this

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

“Sir this is a maccas”

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
You should have leaned over and kissed the mannequin

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lolie posted:

flu shot done

Hope it doesn't hit you as hard as it did me

(might have had contributing factors such as me getting over another hellcold and getting the second shot of shingrix at the same time)

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I need to get another covid booster, some people I know got it recently and it absolutely flogged them

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Ah poo poo yeah I'm probably due for the next one

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
I got fly vaccine last week and I probably shouldn't have used it for a cheeky sickie the following day. I actually felt fine though

If we can get covid vaccine every 12 months (who the gently caress knows anymore) then I can get another one in June

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
What you do is get a crunchy bread roll and cut it open then you take a hot rod, stick it in the roll and slide it off the stick, add some chips then you get a potato and gravy and mix it up and pour it on top

Add some popcorn chicken as garnish

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Regular Wario posted:

What you do is get a crunchy bread roll and cut it open then you take a hot rod, stick it in the roll and slide it off the stick, add some chips then you get a potato and gravy and mix it up and pour it on top

Add some popcorn chicken as garnish

and then you swing by Gastro Stop for all your diarrhoea prevention needs

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just ate a huge pile of langarwali dahl I made 8 days ago cos I was worried about it going off.
Could be interesting times ahead, it tasted different than it did a week ago but not bad.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Getting the house meter replaced tomorrow and going up to the shops to get a flu jab seems like the play.. if I didn't have a dumbass Boxer that would absolutely loving slam itself up against the gate while the sparkies workin on it.

Made Singapore noodles last night and was pretty fuckin good.
https://www.recipetineats.com/singapore-vermicelli-noodles-with-chicken/
Might try it with some hotter curry powder next time, cause it just needs a little bit of an extra kick to it I reckon

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Whats the point of the vodafone app asking if you want to turn on fingerprint log in if it doesnt loving work and just makes you get a link anyway

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Regular Wario posted:

Whats the point of the vodafone app asking if you want to turn on fingerprint log in if it doesnt loving work and just makes you get a link anyway

The Vodafone app is the most convoluted mess I've seen in a while. Log in to the app, nope go to the website for a link, want to do anything? Log back into the website, get a link, then log back into the app.

Now that I think about it, I bet it's just a website in a app wrapper, hence the relogin crap all the time.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
The tram through Richmond earlier today was even more full of drunk and high people than usual

I mean, god bless, but do they gotta be so loud and aggressive about it :whitewater:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

kirbysuperstar posted:

Ah poo poo yeah I'm probably due for the next one

I have mine booked for Friday.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/apr/30/mt-druitt-stabbing-man-box-cutter-heber-park-hebersham

Not liking this timeline.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Feeling absolutely sick as a dog at the moment. Put a stick up my nose, but all coming back negative.

Might be a genuine case of "having a cold". Something's that's almost been consigned to the history books at this point, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

While concerning cause another knife attack, Mt Druitt is cheating. That place has ALWAYS been bad.