Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

virinvictus posted:

Where do you guys find time to keep in shape?

Round is a shape. :colbert:

That said, when I was baking I was running my rear end off. If if wasn't for a thousand calories worth of alcohol a day, I'd have dropped weight like crazy from doing 6 overnights a week and running up and down stairs with boxes.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wei
Jul 27, 2006
The Restaurant Industry Thread: a thousand calories worth of alcohol a day

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
1000 < 5 pints, c'mon son

you mean 2000

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

virinvictus posted:

Where do you guys find time to keep in shape?

Actually just having a job that's labor-intensive and only having one night off a week has me gradually getting in the best shape of my life. That and I know how much I drink every night so generally a big balanced breakfast and various tasting/grazing throughout the shift keeps me from being hungry and as BOD said I'm beat by the end of the night. I walk to and from work but it's <10 min walk. About 5 minutes of yoga later I'm feeling fine and ready to drink.

Also being high all day on my days off helps. Don't ask me how, exactly. Something about recuperative properties of weed smoking.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Yeah, basically staying in shape (at least back of house) is a function more of not drinking so loving much than it is doing extra exercise.

disclosure: i took a drink in the line break of this post

wei posted:

The Restaurant Industry Thread: a thousand calories worth of alcohol a day

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

JawKnee posted:

you mean 2000

See that's why I drink wine, you can get through like 2 bottles for the same calories. :eng101:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

JawKnee posted:

you mean 2000

I didn't drink beer. ~1000 calories in half a 750ml of gin.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Willie Tomg posted:

Yeah, basically staying in shape (at least back of house) is a function more of not drinking so loving much than it is doing extra exercise.

disclosure: i took a drink in the line break of this post

Yeah but, what am I supposed to replace the 4-5 shots of liquor with?

E: I also only drink liquor, and I don't do soda mixers. Usually lime or unsweetened tea. My problem was that I never met a cheesecake I didn't want to put my dick in loving shovel into my face.

Chef De Cuisinart fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 7, 2015

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Yeah but, what am I supposed to replace the 4-5 shots of liquor with?

v:shobon:v

I do notice a distinct doughiness that leaves after a week of laying off the sauce though.

took another drink.

if only there was an intoxicant which got you to a similar place, but better, and didn't have such metabolic bullshit attached!!

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Industry Thread: Something about the recuperative properties of weed smoking.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

v:shobon:v

I do notice a distinct doughiness that leaves after a week of laying off the sauce though.

took another drink.

if only there was an intoxicant which got you to a similar place, but better, and didn't have such metabolic bullshit attached!!

pondering the metaphysical depths of existence

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

licking toads whist spurning societal advances and cultural mores, dwelling alone on a mountain until you are full of wisdom, and must become empty

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

ps: this is what I come home to

so if I can stay in shape, so can you

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
no one trusts a skinny cook anyways

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Liquid Communism posted:

I didn't drink beer. ~1000 calories in half a 750ml of gin.

So you drink 2000 calories a day also, is what you're trying to say.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

JawKnee posted:

ps: this is what I come home to

so if I can stay in shape, so can you

Can I come over sometime?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

yes, if you're in Vancouver gimme a shout - I promise not to bring up politics

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

JawKnee posted:

Washington or BC? (Who am I kidding, obviously BC, everyone from Vancouver, Washington knows to say "Vancouver, Washington" for the same reason people from Moscow, Idaho know to say "Moscow, Idaho")

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

JawKnee posted:

You jest. Post election I might be.

Also, lives in Vancouver, drinks beer, is in the culinary industry.... are you my brother?

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

:chef: :eng99:
Sliders are the stupidest loving things. "Here's tiny little flat meatballs that are not only going to be dry, but also cold!"

In #work news, I thought I'd someday be busted for sneaking Cristal, but in reality the conversation (in general) was more like "wait, why is all this Cristal still here, why is nobody using this?"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Turkeybone posted:

Sliders are the stupidest loving things. "Here's tiny little flat meatballs that are not only going to be dry, but also cold!"

In #work news, I thought I'd someday be busted for sneaking Cristal, but in reality the conversation (in general) was more like "wait, why is all this Cristal still here, why is nobody using this?"

I used to go to a place that had like 30 different burgers and you could mix and match sliders of different kinds,so it was nice to be able to try several burgers but in tiny portions. Now I work at the restaurant and they stopped doing them before I was hired, so I can't use my employee discount to get weird variety packs of tiny burgers.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Sliders are a specific thing that is not just tiny burgers and it makes me MAD

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

pile of brown posted:

:stare:

:frogon:

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

pile of brown posted:

SLIDERS?

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
That show was awesome

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Edit: oh the animal rennet thing. Every vegetarian I know doesn't give a gently caress. They can't be assed to know what every fuckign cheese is made out of. I'm glad I'm not a vegetarian,

Parmesan isn't a protected name in the United States like it is in Italy, so it's entirely possible that they're using non-rennet fake parm.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Turkeybone posted:

Do you need my address to send me a few bottles?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Skwirl posted:

Moscow, Idaho know to say "Moscow, Idaho")

They either aren't pronounced the same or I've been saying Russia-Moscow wrong my entire life. (Family lives in Lewiston, just south.)

In thread-related funtime news at Green Apron Coffee Co., apparently after new year's our goals are going to change to 100% of orders including a food item. Really looking forward to convincing people to spend $7 on two pieces of lovely rubber-bread with a dream of chicken between them instead of going to the actual sandwich place next door and getting a sub the size of their arm for a dollar less. What gets into corporate people?

(Not sure if this belongs more here or in the BFC retail thread, but it's so loving ridiculous I have to tell SOMEBODY.)

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

:chef: :eng99:
Weird #work thing of today, some liquor store thinks he's on hold with the order board or credit department or some poo poo, but apparently he's being broadcast over our loudspeaker -- we heard this guy's conversations and poo poo for lke 45 minutes.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Sliders are terrible because the name evokes what they will do in your colon.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Republicans posted:

Sliders are terrible because the name evokes what they will do in your colon.

I saw that Arby's has sliders now and, frankly, :gonk:

On the second of two consecutive days off for the first time since (I think) April and I'm feeling fine like wine. Still don't feel like day drinking but that's something I've never done. I'm not above getting drunk every night but that's the line for me, I guess.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Every vegetarian I know doesn't give a gently caress. They can't be assed to know what every fuckign cheese is made out of. I'm glad I'm not a vegetarian,

One of my friends eats every type of animal meat under the sun (including venison, bison, pork, you name it) except beef and still identifies as vegetarian :psyduck:

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Some asked if we could make a vegan version of our burrata and honeycomb plate and I was just like "no...?"

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

pile of brown posted:

Some asked if we could make a vegan version of our burrata and honeycomb plate and I was just like "no...?"

"theoretically, yes"

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Does stealing from animals count as vegan?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

nuru posted:

Does stealing from animals count as vegan?

no, you have to pay for their goods, preferably in bitcoins

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Apparently honey is vegan if its from an deadabandoned colony.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Apparently honey is vegan if its from an deadabandoned colony.

By that logic, roadkill is vegan.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I saw that Arby's has sliders now and, frankly, :gonk:

Y'know people like to poo poo on Arby's but where else are you gonna find giant triangular tater tots?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Splizwarf posted:

By that logic, roadkill is vegan.

Only if it was killed by a vehicle driven by a nonhuman!

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Republicans posted:

Y'know people like to poo poo on Arby's but where else are you gonna find giant triangular tater tots?

You're not wrong. Hell the reason I know they have sliders is because I went there for breakfast. The saddest breakfast and the worst early-evening diarrhea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

The saddest breakfast and the worst early-evening diarrhea.

I'm sorry but this honour still belongs to Denny's

• Locked thread