Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MattTurner4L/status/822565628020224003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub

rudatron posted:

I have real WORDS to say aeolius but it's gonna take some time

it's cool, don't fret too much about time. i'll probably be around. i mean, unless i get hit by a bus or something, poo poo happens (p.s. don't take anything for granted, you buttholes)

anyway i don't have the inexhaustible time/focus i used to for these things, so a leisurely pace is just fine

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm not a neo-nazi.

Oh yeah that pin on my shoulder is Pepe he's become quite a th...

Also who was the person getting angry at the guy who punched him? It sounded like one of the girls who was questioning him in which case lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

jarofpiss posted:

good action in houston probably had 120ish people show in spite of flooding rains so i took that as a good sign. crowd had good energy and it went pretty well with no arrests. unfortunately we didn't see any limos to set on fire.

im back in texas for a couple months before i move to beijing, let me know if there's any other actions or meetings in houston

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
So I've signed up to attend the first meeting of my campuse's YDS, it should be pretty interesting!

MizPiz posted:

No, I'm sick of this flimsy attempts to claim a pervert identity by offering weak versions of the fetishes people demand, and then end up not even delivery on that.

Dickgirls are obviously important, but but if you're unwilling to truly commit to incest and vore, you clearly have no interest in getting the average American off.

*Smiles Tankily*

Well comrade, it looks like you're gonna have to be re-educated in the Neko Neko BDSM Gulag!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

In The Culture series, anybody can transition their sex with no side effects, genitals are genetically engineered to realize unimagined pleasures, and incest is no longer taboo thanks to full control of genetic reproduction.

But vore is frowned upon. Sorry. It was a big plot point in the first book that vore is bad.

It's pretty cool that sci-fi authors have to spend part of their first book explaining what fetishes are not allowed.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

In The Culture series, anybody can transition their sex with no side effects, genitals are genetically engineered to realize unimagined pleasures, and incest is no longer taboo thanks to full control of genetic reproduction.

But vore is frowned upon. Sorry. It was a big plot point in the first book that vore is bad.

Oh my god this book sounds fricken awful

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Dreddout posted:

*Smiles Tankily*

Well comrade, it looks like you're gonna have to be re-educated in the Neko Neko BDSM Gulag!

*commits acts of terrorism tsunderely*

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Kingfish posted:

Oh my god this book sounds fricken awful

It's actually really good, because it's written from the perspective of somebody who's fighting the Culture. There's this weird interlude where the protagonist is almost eaten alive by the morbidly obese living god of a food cult.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

MizPiz posted:

*commits acts of terrorism tsunderely*

ugh, these people are beneath bombing. UGH.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's actually really good, because it's written from the perspective of somebody who's fighting the Culture. There's this weird interlude where the protagonist is almost eaten alive by the morbidly obese living god of a food cult.

Oh ok nvm I'm sorry that sounds great

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

asdf32
May 15, 2010

I lust for childrens' deaths. Ask me about how I don't care if my kids die.

rudatron posted:

I have real WORDS to say aeolius but it's gonna take some time

can't believe i missed this one though

man i don't dislike you, as a person or whatever, but you're in the same category as homework explainer + hamprince as 'guy who thinks debating is less about learning something than it is laying *airquote* sweet burns'

I don't consider myself brain dead or funny so those are two pretty strange comparisons as far as I'm concerned. I think you're one of a handful of people who routinely demonstrate original thought rather than adopting an off-the-shelf political stance from some strange corner of the internet.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

asdf32 posted:

I don't consider myself brain dead or funny

You're right about one of these, at least.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

we prefer the term "alt-sleeping"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Fukkkk don't make me reread the culture series, I can't believe that fuckin bastard author keeled over aggghh

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

The Kingfish posted:

Oh ok nvm I'm sorry that sounds great

its actually p good

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Baloogan posted:

its actually p good

I wasn't being sarcastic. I just got the first one on audible.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

this thread has been pretty fun so far but i think it's about time to establish bylaws and a party line for the thread so we can get on with the business of splintering into more threads until we choke the entire forum on our sectarianism

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

bylaw 1: asuka > rei

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

jarofpiss posted:

this thread has been pretty fun so far but i think it's about time to establish bylaws and a party line for the thread so we can get on with the business of splintering into more threads until we choke the entire forum on our sectarianism

What do you think the catgirls were for?

Prav posted:

Marxist-Misatism reigns supreme!

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Prav posted:

its stupid to compare them <- pro evangelion take

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/823353790397030400

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Hey can someone tell me more about democratic centralism? The bit on wikipedia about "That all decisions of higher bodies shall be absolutely binding on lower bodies and on all Party member" seems kinda much but I can see the use in that.

Can someone give some examples of countries/tendencies or whatever and how they would view democratic centralism. Obv to M-L it's critical, but idk about anything else.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Ruzihm posted:

Hey can someone tell me more about democratic centralism? The bit on wikipedia about "That all decisions of higher bodies shall be absolutely binding on lower bodies and on all Party member" seems kinda much but I can see the use in that.

Can someone give some examples of countries/tendencies or whatever and how they would view democratic centralism. Obv to M-L it's critical, but idk about anything else.

it's basically to keep members in agreement on what the platform is. don't want party members off advocating for issues that are against the party line or whatever. if you're in a democratic centralist commie group and you decide you agree with everything except for the part where you're anti trans rights (for example) and want to go off and campaign for anti trans legislation, the group can expel you. lots of groups do that kind of thing because you don't want people speaking for the group when they aren't in agreement with it's principles.

orgs that prohibit members from democratic centralist groups are just doing it to keep commies out without using the word communist.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

~~we could have had it all~~

1994 Toyota Celica fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jan 23, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

jarofpiss posted:

it's basically to keep members in agreement on what the platform is.

aka the "we had a vote about this Bob, give it a rest already" clause

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

jarofpiss posted:

orgs that prohibit members from democratic centralist groups are just doing it to keep commies out without using the word communist.

remind me which ones do this?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Prav posted:

haha, ok I like that

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

Maybe DSA?

http://www.dsausa.org/constitution

Section 3. Members can be expelled if they are found to be in substantial disagreement with the principles or policies of the organization or if they consistently engage in undemocratic, disruptive behavior or if they are under the discipline of any self-defined democratic-centralist organization. Members facing expulsion must receive written notice of charges against them and must be given the opportunity to be heard before the NPC or a subcommittee thereof, appointed for the purpose of considering expulsion.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

R. Guyovich posted:

it was in the suggested bylaws sent by national DSA but was removed from both the austin and houston chapters at least. i guess it also helps prevent other groups from coming in and taking over but we kept the ability to expel members rather than a blanket ban on members of democratic centralist parties. DSA is a political org, not a party so i dont really see the need for it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I always derided the liberal concept of Culture Appropriation as cretinous and avoiding the real problem of mass culture destroying minority ones but after seeing the last page here I feel terribly offended. I'm a Stalinist who jacks off to Hentai. This is my culture, and not a costume.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
maybe its not cultural appropriation
maybe you just found your long lost motherland

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Prav posted:

That's its benign version but frankly it seems pointless and Bolshie LARPing compared to just saying by being part of a group you're agreeing to abide by its decisions. So there's a vote to do something and everyone works towards it, good. But what about if it's an absolute loving disaster and the best thing is to try and do damage limitation by pulling back? DC basically means people start throwing a voting result at you rather than arguing on the actual merits of continuing, which is just leveraging bureaucracy at someone rather than discussing it properly with a comrade.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

imagine this: the guy who won't agree is fishmech.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
imo democratic centralism helps you keep all the other loving idiots disciplined and in line, so its good, but it also gives all the other loving idiots a way to expel you if they manage to outnumber you. there's a season for all things etc.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

you're not a real marxist-lenninist organization unless you also include the 'totally meant to be temporary, pinkie swear guys' ban on 'factions' that lenin instituted after people kept arguing with him

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Fallen Hamprince posted:

you're not a real marxist-lenninist organization unless you also include the 'totally meant to be temporary, pinkie swear guys' ban on 'factions' that lenin instituted after people kept arguing with him

Tbf to Lenin this thread is pretty good evidence that commies love arguing amongst themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

having one political party which mediates the interests of an entire class serve as the locus of state power is the one thing marxist leninists can agree with the founding fathers of the us about

the class that's given power is the big, obvious difference