Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Is there a darkwraith sword. I wanna be a darkwraith because the first one I killed dropped the chest piece and now I want it all

Yeah, it's a really good sword too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Is there a darkwraith sword. I wanna be a darkwraith because the first one I killed dropped the chest piece and now I want it all

Full set, cool hand shield/soul sucker included

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought the badass hand because I loved using it in DS1

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ya the dark sword is really strong to the point its been nerfed a few times.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Its the noob sword.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grinded out the duo at farron keep for a half hour and now I've got the complete set. Looking like a total BAMF

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Its the noob sword.
I respect everyone's choice of weapon.

Soral
May 30, 2009

the boss at 2:00 in that trailer looks like he jumped straight out of bloodborne

Soral
May 30, 2009

but its just oceiros...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i could coop for the abysswatchers fight for ages

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

They're my favourite boss in the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Aston posted:

They're my favourite boss in the game

the area leading up to it is also invasion land so it's fun to deal with that too

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Its the noob sword.

the weird proportions make it look good on my bart simpson character. i like it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda knew this would happen as time went on but I realized today looking around at the DLC details that there's a ton of people defending DSII to the grave

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

I kinda knew this would happen as time went on but I realized today looking around at the DLC details that there's a ton of people defending DSII to the grave

Im jealous of the people that still like that game, honestly

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

i could coop for the abysswatchers fight for ages

I read this in a Nic Cage voice

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

You have been summoned to the world of Turd McShitman

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Dark souls 2 is a good game it's just the weakest entry in the series

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

HolePisser1982 posted:

Im jealous of the people that still like that game, honestly

it's cool that every dark souls thread has people saying THIS IS THE BEST DARK SOULS GAME

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

people in Games etc have turned on Dark Souls 3 because they have brain diseases. I love it still, with all my heart.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it has the best ng+ of the series

honestly i charged through DS3 expecting the NG+ to really rock poo poo up like that, since in interviews b4 the game came out they were all "yeah it's like dks2 there'll be new poo poo everywhere" and it was all lies :(

Soral
May 30, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

You have been summoned to the world of Turd McShitman

welcome home

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

people in Games etc have turned on Dark Souls 3 because they have brain diseases. I love it still, with all my heart.

sounds like they really lost their... poise... :twisted:

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

based on what

Dec 26, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

I read this in a Nic Cage voice

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

it has the best ng+ of the series

honestly i charged through DS3 expecting the NG+ to really rock poo poo up like that, since in interviews b4 the game came out they were all "yeah it's like dks2 there'll be new poo poo everywhere" and it was all lies :(
yeah that kinda sucks. wonder if stuff got cut.

it would be cool if the final boss in NG+ was your NG character but probably it wouldn't work very well.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

never, ever read the Games forum

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Benny D posted:

gently caress u.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Dark Souls 3 is kind of lacking because the two announced dlcs have yet to release

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I hope they find an ice cave to slip the bone fist in

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

01011001 posted:

based on what

Shakill OReal posted:

I feel the same way about the design in DS3 that most people do about DS2. I loved DS2's visual style, it was colorful and fantastical and even though the world wasn't as integrated as DS1, each area looked like a living breathing place that undead might actually exist in. The environments varied and changed as you progressed through the game and the areas were memorable. I liked the visual design of bosses like Pursuer because they looked larger than life (pun unintended) and like these fallen knights were once things of legend that everyone aspired to be more like. In these examples, even though I'm not too enthused with the DS2 version I think it's leaps and bounds beyond the DS3 example, which to me was just an unintimidating old man with a scythe and ambiguous foot appendage.

Dark Souls 3 held my interest for the shortest period out of any of the series and it's because there was nothing captivating or compelling about the world I was fighting through. Almost every area looked the same and they were usually a linear string of empty-ish rooms, almost every enemy looked the same (and the only one that's memorable to me is memorable because it looked hilarious and out of place, not because it was cool or scary). I can barely remember any of the bosses except for Wolgir and the dragon who were both visually cool fights with exactly zero interesting gameplay attached, so when I think back to Dark Souls 3's boss fights I think of two of the most boring bosses the series has ever had.

I played DS1 for hours on end, beat it more times than I remember and felt immersed through most of it. I did the same with DS2, I played it endlessly, there was so much variety to the world and my choices of where to co-op or pvp weren't so limited. DS2 has areas that I look back at fondly, that I can actually remember the first time I entered, like Shrine of Amana, it had boss arenas that I actually remember like the one you fight the dragon in, or the corpse pit you find The Rotten in. I remember almost every single one of the bosses. It had gameplay elements that were improvements for the series that got dropped for DS3, like the small soapstones which made co-op more than just camping outside a boss room and killing it in 30 seconds. I liked Life Gems and their return to a more Demon Souls-like healing system, but the inclusion of the Estus meant there was too much healing available. One of my most sorely missed things in DS3 was the way DS2 would highlight areas on the teleportation screen where players around your level were active in multiplayer.

DS2 is my favorite of the series with DS1 in a close second place and Demons Souls in a close third. I easily completed 5-6 playthroughs of each if not more and had dozens of characters I'd play to a certain point to do something specific and stop. DS3 held my attention for one full completion and then the first two zones of a second :(

e: I also bought DS2 3 times (PS3, Steam, SOTFS) which is more than I can say for any of the others :shrug:

Tallgeese posted:

2 is mechanically the best, and it's very difficult to argue otherwise.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i can't get past the Huntsman's Copse in DS2 because it's just so boring, and i hate the way enemies don't respawn

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

man i completely forgot about how they tied iframes to a stat lol.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I think for the dlc I'm going to run a Simon Belmont style whip/leathers/thrown item dude.

Dec 26, 2012

yikes

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

and the animation doesn't change at all :twisted:

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

this is one of several reasons i have to question anyone calling ds2 better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I think for the dlc I'm going to run a Simon Belmont style whip/leathers/thrown item dude.

did they finally make whips viable in 3? i never had the stats to try em out yet.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

01011001 posted:

this is one of several reasons i have to question anyone calling ds2 better

instead we got a poise stat that's functionally worthless and vitality that's basically worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

its possible also that dark souls 1 is just so good that even really godo games look bad next to it

• Locked thread