Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
How are you guys getting Phoenix squad folks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

How are you guys getting Phoenix squad folks?

The events that happened over the course of March.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Double cantina drops :woot:! Gonna farm deathtrooper, plo koon, and OB. That list should tell you a lot about what characters I have left to 78 from cantina :v:.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I only started playing last week. At least I managed to get Sabine. :shrug:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

When is double cantina drops active?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

xyigx posted:

They made 9b easier. I may have to give it another try.

Were you dying because the mobs were getting a third round of AoE off? If not, the change probably isn't going to help you much.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

waah posted:

When is double cantina drops active?

I think people are saying tomorrow. Keep in mind it will probably start around noon, so stockpile your energy and save your refreshes.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
On top of finishing the last heist stage I also managed to cap off the tank challenges so I can finally multi-sim

This + double cantina drops makes me very happy

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, double cantina drops for 5 days? That includes the cantina credits too?

https://swgoh.gg/u/shabadadeepoo/collection/

I was mod farming and buying QGJ with my credits. Is there anyone critical I should get while the double drops are on?

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 12, 2017

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I'm cumming everywhere

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Space Crabs posted:

Wait, double cantina drops for 5 days? That includes the cantina credits too?

https://swgoh.gg/u/shabadadeepoo/collection/

I was mod farming and buying QGJ with my credits. Is there anyone critical I should get while the double drops are on?

TFP, Chirpa, JKA, B2, Kylo

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Malgrin posted:

TFP, Chirpa, JKA, B2, Kylo

I 6*ed TFP this morning and need 94 more shards. If I get him to 7* I'll probably work on JKA and skip Chirpa since I've not been getting Teebo shards from GW yet.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Should I prioritize JKA over RG?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Space Crabs posted:

I 6*ed TFP this morning and need 94 more shards. If I get him to 7* I'll probably work on JKA and skip Chirpa since I've not been getting Teebo shards from GW yet.

These days, Chirpa has nothing to do with Teebo and everything to do with Palpatine.

TARDISman posted:

Should I prioritize JKA over RG?

JKA is overall much better at arena than RG (unless you're running Zader/EP lead), but RG is a pretty important part of P3 Chirpatine. He's replaceable, but just really solid (taunts on his own, stuns the powered up droids).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 13, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

JKA is overall much better at arena than RG (unless you're running Zader/EP lead), but RG is a pretty important part of P3 Chirpatine. He's replaceable, but just really solid (taunts on his own, stuns the powered up droids).

Also provides defense up for everyone and gains TM when other tanks get hit so he consistently gets actions. (Unlike sun Fac, for better and worse)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I think Sun Facs days are over. Too many lightning quick ability block/buff immunities in the top meta.

Good for Chirpatine, though.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Chilichimp posted:

I think Sun Facs days are over. Too many lightning quick ability block/buff immunities in the top meta.

His ship is pretty good too isn't it?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

Well yeah. But that's what we were talking about!

The main problem with Sun Fac for chirpatine is that he doesn't have any way to generate TM passively on his own, so if he doesn't get a taunt off before ST Han dies, you can get into trouble. Which is why RG is so brilliant for covering that gap.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Pyronic posted:

His ship is pretty good too isn't it?

It's okay. Good for Tarkin challenges, but he generally ends up feeling redundant in the current Biggs + All The Target Locks ships metagame.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

CaptainPsyko posted:

The main problem with Sun Fac for chirpatine is that he doesn't have any way to generate TM passively on his own, so if he doesn't get a taunt off before ST Han dies, you can get into trouble. Which is why RG is so brilliant for covering that gap.

Also his counters kill the droids and ruin palps TM gain from shocks.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Vulpes posted:

Also his counters kill the droids and ruin palps TM gain from shocks.

By the time he's taunting and countering, there shouldn't be any incoming fire from the droids to worry about, and his dispelling of the bosses offense up constantly is a more than worthwhile trade off IMO.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I wish I was a higher level for the Cantina event you people are talking about, I only access up to stage 5

Going by the OP,'s recommendations:
Cantina battles: Lando, Wedge, Tie Fighter Pilot, Jedi Knight Anakin, Royal Guard, Geonosian Soldier, Old Ben, Chief Chirpa

I need to promote TFP two more times, then I'll move onto Geonosian Soldier, since it's more important than Old Ben and Chief Chirpa.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

ijii posted:

I wish I was a higher level for the Cantina event you people are talking about, I only access up to stage 5

I recommend you pick up Kylo Ren after TFP instead of Geonosian Soldier. He got a buff and is actually very awesome now. He's the node right after TFP.

You got Lando to 7*, right? Make sure you do that first because he's one of the most important characters to have. Oh, and Aayla Secura is on 5-B. She's one of the better Jedi, and you can use her to eventually get Yoda. I feel like GS is kind of dated compared to all the other characters you can pick up now.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The event errors out if you try to join it, Error code 3.0.

:yeah:

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Dely Apple posted:

The event errors out if you try to join it, Error code 3.0.

:yeah:

The event is now just straight up gone for me. RIP event.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Venture posted:

I recommend you pick up Kylo Ren after TFP instead of Geonosian Soldier. He got a buff and is actually very awesome now. He's the node right after TFP.

You got Lando to 7*, right? Make sure you do that first because he's one of the most important characters to have. Oh, and Aayla Secura is on 5-B. She's one of the better Jedi, and you can use her to eventually get Yoda. I feel like GS is kind of dated compared to all the other characters you can pick up now.

Geo soldiers ship owns, though

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Does it mean double cantina credits to spend in the store as well or just shards and mats and stuff?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

Does it mean double cantina credits to spend in the store as well or just shards and mats and stuff?

Double credits too

If you can afford it, now is the time to drop 20 bucks on the game and throw it into 4 cantina refreshes/day.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

ijii posted:

Going by the OP,'s recommendations:
Cantina battles: Lando, Wedge, Tie Fighter Pilot, Jedi Knight Anakin, Royal Guard, Geonosian Soldier, Old Ben, Chief Chirpa

I need to promote TFP two more times, then I'll move onto Geonosian Soldier, since it's more important than Old Ben and Chief Chirpa.

Once you get past the first three, there isn't too strict of an order. I should probably remove Old Ben from the list, he doesn't see much use for anything these days, and I still haven't farmed him up. B2, Kylo, and Aayla should all be on the list somewhere. Kylo is the single best hero in Cantina right now, but he needs a zeta to get there, so, not super high priority. Chirpa is crap for 99% of the content in this game, but absolutely essential for P3 HAAT.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Here's how you can tell if the double cantina event has gone live: when you select a node, the number under the character shard will be a 2 instead of 1.

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002
I could use some arena help: https://swgoh.gg/u/karzon/

There's a wall of Zauls throughout the 20s and 30s that I cannot put a squad together to beat. Ones that seem to have some success are:
EP (L) / Boba / TFP / B2 / ST
Boba (L) / IG-88 / TFP / B2 / ST

I've been banging my head against this wall for two weeks now as I've been (slowly) trying to gear my Chaze up. My Zader squads just seem too slow against the Zaul. Anyone have any thoughts for a better combination of characters? My best mods are currently on my arena squad as far as I know.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Karzon posted:

I could use some arena help: https://swgoh.gg/u/karzon/

There's a wall of Zauls throughout the 20s and 30s that I cannot put a squad together to beat. Ones that seem to have some success are:
EP (L) / Boba / TFP / B2 / ST
Boba (L) / IG-88 / TFP / B2 / ST

I've been banging my head against this wall for two weeks now as I've been (slowly) trying to gear my Chaze up. My Zader squads just seem too slow against the Zaul. Anyone have any thoughts for a better combination of characters? My best mods are currently on my arena squad as far as I know.

There are basically two squads that consistently beat Zaul squads:
Zaul Squads
Rex, Chaze, GK, Nil.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you.

e: While there are squads that can beat lower tier Zaul squads, while you're working on one of the above solutions, the people you are playing against are going to be fine tuning their Zaul squads until those squads don't work anymore. In first place finishes right now, Rex and Maul take up 3/4 of the leaders. Even rank 1-10 finishes show almost 3/4. As far as Rex (L) goes, there are only a couple variations that work:
Rex · GK · Chirrut · Baze · Darth Nihilus
Rex · Kylo Ren · Chirrut · Baze · Darth Nihilus
Rex · Boba Fett · Emperor · GK · Darth Nihilus
Rex · Kylo Ren · Boba Fett · GK · Darth Nihilus
Rex · Kylo Ren · GK · Chirrut · Baze
Rex · Biggs · Wedge · Chirrut · Baze

While working on Chaze is still a good plan moving forwards, I would also be working on Sith. Zaul, Nil, Chaze, +1 is a solid comp.

I'm in a December '15 shard. My top 20 has one Zader (B2, Boba, Zylo, TFP) and one zBoba (Chaze, GK, Zylo). Looking between 21st and 50th, I see:
Vader x8
QGJ x3
Wedge
EP
GK
Boba

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 13, 2017

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002
Thanks for that, Mal. At least I'm heading the right direction, but sounds like I may have a stop gap by gearing up Rex.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Karzon posted:

Thanks for that, Mal. At least I'm heading the right direction, but sounds like I may have a stop gap by gearing up Rex.

Fortunately, getting Rex to G10 is actually really easy. You'll need some mk3 holos, one furnace, one stun cuff, and one syringe. Everything else is pretty simple, like 2 mk2 bactas (guild store) or mk8 holo lens (random white/green poo poo).

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I'm currently using Vader (L), Boba, TFP, Phasma and Shore while I work my way up to zetas so I take it that I should work on Kylo and B2 during the 2x cantina drop event? I have Kylo unlocked at least so that should speed it up a bit.

I have Lando at 7* and am working on Wedge right now, but since the Palp event isn't until next month, I can probably finish Wedge after the event no problem.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Crumbletron posted:

I'm currently using Vader (L), Boba, TFP, Phasma and Shore while I work my way up to zetas so I take it that I should work on Kylo and B2 during the 2x cantina drop event? I have Kylo unlocked at least so that should speed it up a bit.

I have Lando at 7* and am working on Wedge right now, but since the Palp event isn't until next month, I can probably finish Wedge after the event no problem.

If you think you'll be able to zeta him anytime soon, I'd go for Kylo. Actually, scratch that, just go for Kylo. He's a boss.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Malgrin posted:

If you think you'll be able to zeta him anytime soon, I'd go for Kylo. Actually, scratch that, just go for Kylo. He's a boss.

Sounds good. Wedge is almost halfway to 7* and being able to pick him up in the ship store speeds up the grind a lot. I'll stick to Kylo and see where that gets me.

For zetas, priority should probably be Vader > Kylo > Boba?

Thanks for all the effortposting you do, Mal.

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Malgrin posted:

Fortunately, getting Rex to G10 is actually really easy. You'll need some mk3 holos, one furnace, one stun cuff, and one syringe. Everything else is pretty simple, like 2 mk2 bactas (guild store) or mk8 holo lens (random white/green poo poo).

Nice. Mod him for speed and protection I assume?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Crumbletron posted:

Sounds good. Wedge is almost halfway to 7* and being able to pick him up in the ship store speeds up the grind a lot. I'll stick to Kylo and see where that gets me.

For zetas, priority should probably be Vader > Kylo > Boba?

Thanks for all the effortposting you do, Mal.

:effort:

It really depends. I did Boba > Vader, and then probably Nil is next. If I could go back, I'd drop the Vader -- it's nice for raids, but pretty far from essential, Kylo would've been better there. My plan moving forward for zetas is Nil, Maul, Savage, Kylo. Kylo is one of the best zetas, but he just won't work with my comp until I have all the other sith zetas.

Karzon posted:

Nice. Mod him for speed and protection I assume?

e: Whoops, meant to say pretty much. I like giving him tenacity too.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking as a Zader owner, while I appreciate his versatility, I kind of wish I'd started with Zaul. I feel a little locked into Zader lead for arena and transitioning to Zaul is going to take that much longer since I invested so heavily in getting Zader's arena team to g11. While I can certainly transition to Zaul now by slowly replacing the sith on Zader's team (EP, Sid) with better candidates (Savage, Nihilus), I think I would have been better off plugging away with EP lead while grooming the Zeta Maul team right away.

I have my 2nd zeta ready now and I feel a lot of pressure to use it on Sid in order to keep my head above water in arena. If I had gone Zaul first, there are several top notch choices that keep you moving toward a 1st rate arena team: Savage, DN, Kylo.