Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Comstar posted:

On a different topic, altogether: Freedom of Information. Freedom of expression. Freedom of speech ... but ONLY if you join the narrative and don't speak out of turn.

Not sure who the cultural victory winner is here, but I think I'm on FNLN's side here.

Also a shout-out to Angry with the kill shot in the comments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

So atrum do you plan on staying

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Mekchu posted:

Silly Q, but who is the IT guy for Horde these days? I remember it being a the same guy as when we first set up Horde and made our own services etc.

Kailbur or something is what I wanna say the name is.

Not a clue I'm afraid. My involvement in Horde is limited to the occasional fleet and the supercap umbrella

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
In my opinion people won't leave Goonwaffe just yet. Mostly because they are comfortable. But once they start feeling less and less secure. They will reassess that attitude and decide to leave.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Comstar posted:

On a different topic, altogether: Freedom of Information. Freedom of expression. Freedom of speech ... but ONLY if you join the narrative and don't speak out of turn.

Not sure who the cultural victory winner is here, but I think I'm on FNLN's side here.

already gone

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Comstar posted:

amazing, doubly so because this dipshit replied to all the comments calling it a bad post with "aha, the fact that u disagree with me means the post is accurate! The narrative!"

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jul 18, 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

NtotheTC posted:

amazing, doubly so because this dipshit replied to all the comments calling it a bad post with "aha, the act that u disagree with me means the post is accurate! The narrative!"

that's all he's been doing for days now, even on the GF forums. FNLN is leading a cabal of SA "cancel culture woke mob SJWs" to destroy The Imperium. I think he should log off for a while for his own good, it's becoming unhinged

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Same as that Dave stark chucklefuck.

After days of constant posting both of them were absent from my thread

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
There’s no reforming this. We invited the worst people in through the door in the name of space empire.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

goninzo posted:

The real Kismeteer Katana story.

I went to a school on the south side of Chicago, this was like winter 1992. I had borrowed an actual Katana because I was studying kenjutsu because I was into Kurasowa films etc at the time. I didn't own a car, and I needed to return this sword.

I was wearing a trenchcoat because, again, I'm a nerd. I'm not paying attention where I'm walking to because I'm worried about cops. And two guys jump out, pull knives, and say 'Give us your wallet'.

I shakily pull this japanese sword, like I was handing it over, say 'How about I give you this'. Meaning this is valuable. Yes, I should have said 'That's not a knife'.

They said 'Bye', and ran off. I got the shakes bad because they could have had guns as well, things could have gone badly. Put it back under my coat, carried on my way on the train. Nothing else weird happened.

I think that's why I prefer to tell that story in person. When I've done it in text on other sites, I sound way cooler than I actually am. It's a great story, but the guys who jumped me have the better story.

edit: btw spazzhole I'm so glad to see you in a better place, I love you man, your sweaty rear end dancing with me at eve vegas is still an amazing story for me to tell. <3

I know this is 10 pages back and was probably scary at the time but you deserve a :black101: for that post.

tocooljim posted:

They are even banning people for fixing the wiki too.

This is posting gold. I mean, I can see some wiki janitor editing them back later but poo poo talking on the wiki is in fine goon tradition.

Also it's accurate.

PookBear posted:

Jibrish is the owner of /r/conservative and a shitload of other subreddits

Well, that's a fitting username, at least.

CrushedWill posted:

Merk seemed to think that many of the problems with the eve community lie with the line members that play the game. While I don't disagree with that assessment, I felt like it was being used as a way to shield leadership. The "we wouldn't have a problem if linemembers weren't such bad people" argument falls flat when Mittani (and others) were shown to be raging shitlords for 10+ years and completely misses the point that leadership should be airlocking toxic people both at line and leadership levels/.

I think Merk is a good person but he's an inexperienced leader and this is where it shows: there are no bad ships, only bad captains.

Feliday Melody posted:

Well, I'm not taking the job. Neither is Calenthe and I think Mirana is in a different corp.

Cal would actually be a good CEO in this spaceship game but I don't blame her for not going for it.

learnincurve posted:

These are the people who just lost 1/6th of delve industry because these pubbies didn't know who the gently caress he is.

Who was 1/6th of Delve industry? FNLN?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Ynglaur posted:

Cal would actually be a good CEO in this spaceship game but I don't blame her for not going for it.

When I think about it, I never did ask her. Maybe it's rude of me to assume she wouldn't take the job without asking.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

lollontee posted:

my rap sheet is full of funny things

Like genocide denial, multiple threadbans for being an absolutely terrible poster, etc.

Just funny things.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

TheWeedNumber posted:

no one archived kugu so I got no evidence to share. Its not like I was rho squad either back in the day. I wasn't around for whatever sick poo poo they were up to as far as exhibiting this poor girls nudes and having her do shows for them or whatever the gently caress went down. My recollection is fuzzy but I'm certain BFM is a creep. That hasn't been in doubt for a decade.

As someone who fought Rho turning from a cool hangout in to a lovely anime gimmick, I can 100% confirm BFM would post pictures of topless and obviously young women in random threads, and the most pushback he ever got from mods on it was if one was of an unambiguous child. Obviously I didn't save any of it so it's not like I have logs 15 years later. Even being ~18 myself it seemed creepy at the time.

e; To be clear there was no like, celebration of him from the people in the squad, he didn't have some sort of megathread, he'd just post poo poo randomly in to other threads (or the general pictures thread).

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Skyl3lazer posted:

As someone who fought Rho turning from a cool hangout in to a lovely anime gimmick, I can 100% confirm BFM would post pictures of topless and obviously young women in random threads, and the most pushback he ever got from mods on it was if one was of an unambiguous child. Obviously I didn't save any of it so it's not like I have logs 15 years later. Even being ~18 myself it seemed creepy at the time.

Thank you for confirming my recollections. Sorry you had to deal with that poo poo.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rust Martialis posted:

Like genocide denial, multiple threadbans for being an absolutely terrible poster, etc.

Just funny things.

keep reading, it gets funnier

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
One of the consistent problems is that Eve is a game where numbers matter a lot and so leadership has been tolerant of complete shitheads and reluctant to do mass bannings for poo poo that's popular like racism, sexism, etc. Imperium hid behind an ostensible "no politics" policy and quietly discouraged shitheads from expressing their lovely views publicly but would not actually draw a line of "actually if you're a fuckhead you need to go" because doing so would mean losing line members who might go join an enemy and give them a numbers advantage.

A similar problem came with FCs who often were tolerated and allowed to be shitheads as long as they ran fleets because otherwise who would run them? FCs would only get airlocked if they were lovely enough to upset directors.

But this is lovely. It is more important to get rid of shitheads than to win spaceship wars. It's the root cause of pubbification and that bell can't be unrung but there would still be time to purge the ranks if the leadership had the will.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
a community is something that grows over time by the virtue of who and what is allowed, and if you don't take care to prune the weeds, you won't ever get high

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Comstar posted:

Speaking of load bearing misogynists, can someone tell me what xenuria actually DID for the collation? Was he a logistics guy? I get the impression he was not a FC that anyone would follow anyway. What did he do that was more important than anyone else until he admitted to his crimes? Despite being in GS multiple times since 2007, I'd never heard of the guy until last week.

Nothing. The entire sell that mittens gave us was "it'll be funny to send him to iceland and make CCP deal with him"

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Comstar posted:

Speaking of load bearing misogynists, can someone tell me what xenuria actually DID for the collation? Was he a logistics guy? I get the impression he was not a FC that anyone would follow anyway. What did he do that was more important than anyone else until he admitted to his crimes? Despite being in GS multiple times since 2007, I'd never heard of the guy until last week.

Mittani got it in his head that Xenuria's "unique view on psychology" would yield some sort of Malkavian-tier insight over our enemies. I suspect this was due to an IRL meeting of some kind.

Naturally, this never happened.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

In my opinion people won't leave Goonwaffe just yet. Mostly because they are comfortable. But once they start feeling less and less secure. They will reassess that attitude and decide to leave.

i think most people in waffe who cared already left.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

learnincurve posted:

Official apology, I know people are going to have Opinions, but as far as I am concerned this is all we, LGBT+. goons were asking for right at the start of this. It's a pity it didn't happen a week ago but imo it takes more balls to post it now on reddit, expecting everyone to jump on you, than it would have done back then before this snowballed.

That's great. That's the sort of contrition we want to push for with respect to Alexander "The Mittani" Gianturco and his weird little cult: unequivocal acknowledgment of a problem (i.e., institutional enabling of sexual predation and pedophilia), disavowal of its cause (i.e., Alex and his weird little cult), and commitment to do right (i.e., permabanning their asses and severing all ties with his business and supporters).

Right now, Atrum is not the enemy. Merkelchen is not the enemy. Wibla is not the enemy. People who don't immediately leave are not the enemy. I've been out of the game for over ten years, and I'm reeling from getting emotionally dickpunched, and so I imagine their various emotionally reproductive organs are in a rather sorry state right now. Let them catch their breath. Right now, The Mittani is the enemy, Xenuria is the enemy, their cult is the enemy, and the people who actively support them are the enemy. I didn't know Atrum or Wibla very long, but I believe they are institution builders who are first and foremost concerned with the stability and continuity of the organization. That's what motivates them. I surmise Merkelchen is cast in the same mold. They are not motivated by a desire to defend sexual predators and pedophilia as such, but in any organization, when the contradictory forces of desire for institutional stability and the fact of institutional evil meet, shuffling it under the rug all too often becomes the default equilibrium.

That is why beating the drum of truth slowly, steadily and stubbornly, rather than pursuing a strategy of outrage, will prove effective. Over time, as the drum shrinks and transforms the organization into a black hole nobody wants to go near for fear they won't be able to escape, the stability calculus will change. The stability play will become to denounce and disavow Alex and his EVE business. In the end, once the initial emotional shock wears off, nobody really wants to be associated with a sex pest pedophile defending cult unless backed into a corner. And let's be real, Atrum/Wibla/Merkel if you're reading this, you already want to do this, if it weren't for the fact that doing so now would fatally destabilize the organization, because you understand the long-term risk perfectly well. We are not your enemies or an unruly mob. We are your good friends, gently helping you make the decisions that you are a little too immersed and a little too weak to make right now. I know that all too well. :3:

Darkwing_Duck
Aug 22, 2002

Boldly going where no beer has gone before.

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Oh and gently caress Andupor.

Hoegaarden the CEO of my heart.

AdmiralAckbar posted:

- Hoegaarden's ridiculous parrots

Just dropping in to say:

FNLN always gets his

<3 Sesfan

and gently caress goons forever

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Ynglaur posted:

:stonk: yeah i like my life and generally try not to do things that make it considerably worse, like volunteering to cajole a bunch of rehomed space nerds into being not-poo poo to people and dealing with ratting drama.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Darkwing_Duck posted:

Just dropping in to say:

FNLN always gets his

<3 Sesfan

Oh drat hey Hoegaarden, it's icorion. I never understood why you wouldn't take the olive branch when I reached out, and I just wanted to say I figured it out now!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

make sesfan ceo again lmao

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

actually if i was queen of waffe i'd turn corp mails back on and let the weaklings who do not like them disperse to other member corps. :) VOTE CAL 2022

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Mekchu posted:

Silly Q, but who is the IT guy for Horde these days? I remember it being a the same guy as when we first set up Horde and made our own services etc.

Kailbur or something is what I wanna say the name is.

StormDelay, he is also the CSM rep for Horde. Or you can contact me via Rho or https://discord.gg/eveonline The Eve Online discord. Bat Discord is still very active as well. And if corps are looking to join Horde, just contact Gobbins, any size is fine.

Honestly, as long as you have the people at the top who are just following orders, I agree with FNLN. It has been done before, nothing will change, especially when good people won't speak up and risk being permabanned for complaining about something that is morally correct.

I was there at a dinner with VR, Solus, and The Mittani the night before the wizard hat speech. Both VR and I were advising slightly different tactic as he was talking about 'our enemies'. It's hard to imagine it now, but there was little advice listened to. That happened which should have been permaban but wasn't. So CCP did this to themselves by not acting on negative things that happened at their event.

I keep repeating this in horde, after xsquishy and crew got perma'd in horde two weeks ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/vw1mha/the_full_xtrasquishy_saga_compiled_for_your/ for those who missed that gamer moment.

quote:

When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Mittani got it in his head that Xenuria's "unique view on psychology" would yield some sort of Malkavian-tier insight over our enemies. I suspect this was due to an IRL meeting of some kind.

Naturally, this never happened.

Yeah, I can picture the encounter. Alex is incredibly cunning and the 101 tier spycraft Vile taught us gave him reach way beyond his grasp in terms of setting up systems of control, but he's a complete bonehead when it comes to anticipating people. Just ... very easily impressed. Half the reason he recruited me to the Star Chamber was because I blew his mind by dropping my usual all lower case idiot style and wrote in proper grammatical English. He was so legitimately impressed. :nsa:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

twigplant posted:

:stonk: yeah i like my life and generally try not to do things that make it considerably worse, like volunteering to cajole a bunch of rehomed space nerds into being not-poo poo to people and dealing with ratting drama.

I didn't say I wished it on you. :)

In any case I have most of my stuff consolidated in 1DQ and will be getting moved to high sec shortly before I drop corp. It will probably be a few days as I'm traveling for work.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goninzo posted:

StormDelay, he is also the CSM rep for Horde. Or you can contact me via Rho or https://discord.gg/eveonline The Eve Online discord. Bat Discord is still very active as well. And if corps are looking to join Horde, just contact Gobbins, any size is fine.

Honestly, as long as you have the people at the top who are just following orders, I agree with FNLN. It has been done before, nothing will change, especially when good people won't speak up and risk being permabanned for complaining about something that is morally correct.

I was there at a dinner with VR, Solus, and The Mittani the night before the wizard hat speech. Both VR and I were advising slightly different tactic as he was talking about 'our enemies'. It's hard to imagine it now, but there was little advice listened to. That happened which should have been permaban but wasn't. So CCP did this to themselves by not acting on negative things that happened at their event.

I keep repeating this in horde, after xsquishy and crew got perma'd in horde two weeks ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/vw1mha/the_full_xtrasquishy_saga_compiled_for_your/ for those who missed that gamer moment.

Definitely wasn't Storm Delay.

Found the guy, Kailbur Skirate - https://evewho.com/character/94073505

I'm 99% sure it is him as I remember him or someone else getting hilariously angry every time he tried to do something to set up services outside of PL's control and just ranting and raving for hours on Skype.

Also I'm happy you and the rest of BAT are happy in Horde.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 18, 2022

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Rhymenoserous posted:

There’s no reforming this. We invited the worst people in through the door in the name of space empire.

Maybe someone can forget to pay the bills and just start again ala 2010? Just don't hand it over to Mittens this time.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Nothing. The entire sell that mittens gave us was "it'll be funny to send him to iceland and make CCP deal with him"

lol if you ever voted in the csm and didn’t just lie and say you did so the pop up would go away.

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!

Darkwing_Duck posted:

Just dropping in to say:

FNLN always gets his

<3 Sesfan

oh look its the forum murderer

Darkwing_Duck
Aug 22, 2002

Zodium posted:

Oh drat hey Hoegaarden, it's icorion. I never understood why you wouldn't take the olive branch when I reached out, and I just wanted to say I figured it out now!

hey man, sorry but I have no recollection of what you're talking about, but sorry for being a jerk!

RustySeabutter posted:

oh look its the forum murderer

I've not idea what you're on about but sup Rusty

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Darkwing_Duck posted:

Just dropping in to say:

FNLN always gets his

<3 Sesfan

Would drop you from VPN again.

sup dood.

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!

Darkwing_Duck posted:

hey man, sorry but I have no recollection of what you're talking about, but sorry for being a jerk!

I've not idea what you're on about but sup Rusty

heya man, hope you're good!

im talking about you letting the groon forums die which i can see is weighing heavily on your heart

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Well, this has been a wild week. My heart seriously goes out to everyone involved in this, especially the victims of the abuses that led us here. I'd like to give you all some updates on my end:
  • I edited the OP a tad to make it clear that Goonwaffe is no longer affiliated with SA, but did keep that part of the OP spoilered for historical purposes.
  • I added the Goosefleet info to the second post which can now act as a place for goons to find non-lovely groups to play with.
  • I spoke to Jeffrey of YOSPOS a bit over the weekend about all of this. The tl;dr is that getting rid of shitheads on SA is good, but we don't want this thread to turn into stalking or doxxing of people in the spaceship game like Reddit is trying to do.
Obviously we're gonna keep talking about this and the fallout from it since this is unprecedented in EVE and in goon game groups. As it says in the MMO HMO rules, "If there is a serious issue with a goon that occurs offsite that would impact or endanger people here, please PM a mod/IK about it." If you do want to pursue direct action in-game against any of these banned/permabanned folks or start trying to draw media attention to it, I'd suggest starting a Discord server or something equivalent to organize outside of this thread.

Kaysette fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 18, 2022

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

:goofy:

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Darkwing_Duck posted:

Just dropping in to say:

FNLN always gets his

<3 Sesfan

How are the birds and yourself doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkwing_Duck
Aug 22, 2002

FatCow posted:

Would drop you from VPN again.

sup dood.

yeah I had it comin, not too much, sup with you

RustySeabutter posted:

heya man, hope you're good!

im talking about you letting the groon forums die which i can see is weighing heavily on your heart

v sad to hear the groon forums died, but I am pretty sure I was not required for anything to keep them running after I stopped playing EVE like 12 years ago.

anyways hope you're good too man

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

How are the birds and yourself doing?

I am good, birds we're rehomed quite some time ago, but doing well by all accounts