Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Harlock posted:

Leaving only the center to pass-block a hail mary/underneath lateral play, leading to Dak having to rush the throw to someone who has nobody behind him to lateral to

The Hook and Late-D'OH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Harlock posted:

Leaving only the center to pass-block a hail mary/underneath lateral play, leading to Dak having to rush the throw to someone who has nobody behind him to lateral to

The 'center' was almost certainly the intended lateralee too.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

that lovely play hurt the feelings of all the right people

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they had to run a strange play. it doesn't matter thjat it didn't work. there wasn't anything left. goodnight

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mike mccarthy pumping up his reeboks on the sidelines

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Well Niners win the game, but I think the Eagles were the real victors here. Closer than it should have been.

And now for a drive home… with Donna Summer.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Quiet Feet posted:

Just wanted to drop in this post from the NFCE thread.

:thunk:

Honest to God I'm mad at Dak but I'm not nearly as mad as I was last year. The ending was funny, I'll give you that, but last year was a surprise meltdown. This was just a repeat, so the spectacle isn't quite as bright.

Cheers to everyone celebrating tonight.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Harlock posted:

And that center… is a running back.

And not even your good one.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

Yeah, this is due to Harbaugh whining after Belichick unleashed this in the playoffs back in 2014.

Belichick had two tackles declared eligible, then had a Rb motion inside and take up the spot where the LT was, who was standing as an inline TE. Pats snap, LT ran 10 yards downfield, and caught a pass 2 plays in a row as the Ravens coach pissed himself in rage.

I wish the Ravens hadn't gotten that taken away lol

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

All that was set up by a guy who couldn't even drag the tip of his tow making a routine sideline catch.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:sickos:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Tayter Swift posted:

Well Niners win the game, but I think the Eagles were the real victors here. Closer than it should have been.

And now for a drive home… with Donna Summer.

Eagles scored what, 26 against the Cowboys earlier this year?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:circlefap:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

:yeshaha:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

well thats that. go 9ers. go bengos

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Finger Prince posted:

All that was set up by a guy who couldn't even drag the tip of his tow making a routine sideline catch.

And the play before let himself get knocked out of bounds backwards, causing them to lose a poo poo load of time lmao

Which itself was only shortly after what should've been an easy safety on Dak

Just an endless stream of gently caress ups

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

niners/eagles is going to rule

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Cavauro posted:

they had to run a strange play. it doesn't matter thjat it didn't work. there wasn't anything left. goodnight

Running a play from your own 24 with 5 seconds left is not gonna succeed no matter what

So thanks at least to the cowboys for making it funny!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

And that center… is a running back.

And not even your good one.

To his credit it was actually a pretty solid snap. Pop that thing up a little bit or get it there slow and the one man pass blocking scheme doesn't even give Dak a chance to complete an 8 yard pass.

So good job on one very specific part of whatever that play was supposed to be, Zeke.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

I'd recommend The Ticket but the hosts will be fine, not sure when the drunks will call in

they called dak mid

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I feel like that was a dumb play that Dak made even worse, right? He shouldn't have thrown it where he did?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

This guy and Jerry Jones need to abandon the Cowboys.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Still laughing my rear end off at that play

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/celebrityhottub/status/1617354560640532480

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
49ers are a poison pill anyways as every team that plays them loses the following game.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1617353124867624961?t=BOmvY6mNIGXZCllbVo5JPw&s=19

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Skip posting through it like usual

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P9LX54Yaus

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

infraboy posted:

49ers are a poison pill anyways as every team that plays them loses the following game.

The correct move to not lose the Superbowl as the eagles: just lose the nfccg

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

nikosoft posted:

I feel like that was a dumb play that Dak made even worse, right? He shouldn't have thrown it where he did?

No pretty sure that was right and he would lateral to Zeke coming towards the bottom sideline behind the linemen.

At least that's how it was probably supposed to work on the whiteboard.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

gotta love that this game made the worst people the most mad (NFCE posting comrades are the exception)

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Didn't this guy go to the game with his sidepiece and this was how his girlfriend/wife found out or was that some other sad Cowboys fan?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Who got chumped worse, Zeke after the snap, or Mac when the Pats threw the lateral to Da Raidahs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kalensc posted:

Who got chumped worse, Zeke after the snap, or Mac when the Pats threw the lateral to Da Raidahs.

Oh man, definitely Mac, but at least that play wasn't really truly drawn up to be a 'we have one play left' lateral play. A lateral or two might have been approved, but not that type of thing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

kalensc posted:

Yes.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kalensc posted:

I don't know but that may have been Zeke's last snap as a Cowboy, so maybe him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kalensc posted:

Mac for sure. Didn't know it was coming and was suddenly in one-on-one combat with a dude twice his size and the game on the line.