Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I saw this thing up the road from me, once. It gave me vibes like the truck from Jeepers Creepers. It was seriously just made of random parts and hunks of wood. (e: and a tarp.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mustache Ride posted:

I read this in the twilight zone voice

https://voca.ro/15FRSOjeId5N

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!
Stolen from https://www.curbsideclassic.com

When you need a flatbed, but only have an RV

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

:lol: I wish this could be a thread title.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Perfect

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

9/10, should have ended with "if you see it one night on the highway, beware...for you may have entered...the twilight zone"

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

:discourse:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

The Hyundai knows where it is, because it knows where it isnt.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

FlapYoJacks posted:

:lol: I wish this could be a thread title.

you can make the url the thread title

Terrible Car Stuff: https://voca.ro/15FRSOjeId5N

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

:five:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Large Testicles posted:

you can make the url the thread title

Terrible Car Stuff: https://voca.ro/15FRSOjeId5N

That's not as fun though as a title people can read. Besides the vocaroo link will break eventually

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Toupee Groupie posted:

Stolen from https://www.curbsideclassic.com

When you need a flatbed, but only have an RV

I'm the spraypainted windows. Oh wait, they're covering up text that says F R E E?

Wait, is that hitch chained... to the front bumper?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
It was likely towed to its destination, because it was free I doubt it moved under its own power.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

slothrop posted:

I'm the spraypainted windows. Oh wait, they're covering up text that says F R E E?

..Which made me focus on what the bottom text said.. A-b-a-n-d-o-n-e-d

oh!

:banjo: "Free home & abandoned"

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I've never seen a truck like this, at first I thought it was someone towing a shipping container on a flatbed, but I don't understand what I'm looking at

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

The Door Frame posted:

I've never seen a truck like this, at first I thought it was someone towing a shipping container on a flatbed, but I don't understand what I'm looking at

Construction water tank. Probably headed to a concrete batch plant to use to make concrete. Less likely option headed to a site to store water as part of dewatering. The location of the wheels lets them lay it flat as a skid, so it can't move.

Edit oh I forgot about fracking too. That's for sure the #1 use.

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 3, 2023

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

StormDrain posted:

Construction water tank. Probably headed to a concrete batch plant to use to make concrete. Less likely option headed to a site to store water as part of dewatering. The location of the wheels lets them lay it flat as a skid, so it can't move.

Edit oh I forgot about fracking too. That's for sure the #1 use.

Huh, it's weird that I've never seen one before, but that makes a lot of sense. It's riding so low that I was worried it would scrape the ground when it went over the train tracks

I do wonder why it isn't labeled non-potable like other water trucks, maybe I should be drinking from the shipping container...

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

The Door Frame posted:

Huh, it's weird that I've never seen one before, but that makes a lot of sense. It's riding so low that I was worried it would scrape the ground when it went over the train tracks

I do wonder why it isn't labeled non-potable like other water trucks, maybe I should be drinking from the shipping container...

Because I'm in that industry and a real fuckin weirdo I did end up checkin rain for rents website as they're a huge player and a lot of their tanks are potable. There may have been more labeling at the manifold too.

I just used all three versions of their so I hope I didn't miss any of them.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Seconding, tons seen in the Philadelphia area over the years, all owned by Rain for Rent.

I’ve seen them used for dust suppression during earthwork and one was parked near a rowhome-street scene they were preparing to shoot for “Invincible.”

I have to find & post the photo I took of the street: I had a loss on the same block, and parked my company Windstar there. As I locked it, a couple of very concerned PAs walked up & asked how long I was going to be. Only then did I notice that the newest car after mine was a ‘76 Monza.

edit: here is

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 4, 2023

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Maybe not matching all discussions here but I just remembered how awful I found the old Hyundai Tiburon to be with its goofy trypophobia triggering front end.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Catastrophe posted:

Maybe not matching all discussions here but I just remembered how awful I found the old Hyundai Tiburon to be with its goofy trypophobia triggering front end.

Wikipedia posted:

In 2004, all GT V6s received 17" wheels. A "special edition" of the GT V6 was also released. It featured a "Special Edition" decal-style badge underneath "Tiburon", sport cloth upholstery, a Kenwood stereo, red painted front brake calipers, and multigauges above the radio. (Torque, fuel consumption, and voltage) and the 6-speed and automatic transmissions were available. The special edition was available in Jet Black, Rally Red, and Sunburst Yellow only. The new design received praise from a number of automotive journalists, some of which compared it to the Ferrari 456.

I guess they both had red, black and yellow paint schemes?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

orange juche posted:

I googled this. For 2004, the Tiburon had 138hp and the Tiburon GT had 172hp.

Totally Ferraris. How can I handle this much FWD POWER??

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

orange juche posted:

Comparing it to, arguably, one of the prettiest understated designs to come out of the 90's is kinda odd. That said, the second gen Tiburon is not a bad looking car. It suffers from the same busy-ness at the front a lot of S Korean cars of the era do, but it's proportions are alright. The first gen is really bizarre looking, especially face-lifted with the quad headlights. I think they did a better job on the Elantra, with the high belt line and horizontal surfaces dividing the greenhouse from the rest of the car. A cheap, bland little car, but not offensive.

Catastrophe posted:

I googled this. For 2004, the Tiburon had 138hp and the Tiburon GT had 172hp.

Totally Ferraris. How can I handle this much FWD POWER??

They were very cheap. They had a lot of problems, but you could get a few good years out of one while saving your money. Sell it when it's paid off or trade it immediately after the warranty lapses, of course.

madeintaipei fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 5, 2023

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

orange juche posted:

Following the citation to: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/hyundai/coupe/15018/hyundai-coupe

quote:

With its sculpted flanks, muscular haunches and curved roofline it bears a striking resemblance to Ferrari's flagship 456GT, while the long bonnet, wraparound headlamps and wedge-shaped snout give the Coupe a Ford Mustang-like air of aggression at the front.

Kinda if you squint a bit I guess? I would have gone with Mk4 Supra myself.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Following the citation to: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/hyundai/coupe/15018/hyundai-coupe

Kinda if you squint a bit I guess? I would have gone with Mk4 Supra myself.

Supra seems like the more obvious comparison.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
i have always loved the ferrari 456 because it has the most ( ◡‿◡ ) ♡ face ever

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

And the 612 was so happy!

Truly, the only good Ferraris are front engine.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

And here I lived for years with a car that had the most derp-face ever.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Powershift posted:

.........!

THE F40 EXISTS RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Powershift posted:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Those all look incredibly uncomfortable.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Catastrophe posted:

I like it. It's like if a spider put on his best Twingo impression. The spider also has braces actually if you treat the top grille as a mouth then it works even better. I can't hate a car that's smiling at me

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Catastrophe posted:

70/80s 3 series are the best BMWs

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I would rather have a v6 tiburon than a 456

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Catastrophe posted:

the only cool one of those ever was the one where a guy stuffed another engine and trans in the trunk.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1097053_twin-engine-hyundai-tiburon-does-donut-dance-rips-off-10s-video

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Catastrophe posted:

With a little bit of sag in the tops of the plastic headlight buckets, my 412 is so much [ :ohdear: ]

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Powershift posted:

Those all look incredibly uncomfortable.

Every single Italian car I've ever driven is uncomfortable in its own way - doesn't matter if it's a Multipla or a Brera. They seem design for a body shape that doesn't exist in the real world.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I think it's like the ideal cockpit designs of post WWII military aviation. It was mostly the US Air Force pushing the idea, but designers made cockpits to perfectly fit the statistically average pilot's proportions, with the goal of being comfortable for every pilot in the military to fly. Instead they ended up fitting none of the pilots comfortably because individual humans don't have perfect, statistically average body shapes and sizes

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I must be the one person that fits since I've done 5+ hour drives in mine and it was more comfortable than my 5 series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

I must be the one person that fits since I've done 5+ hour drives in mine and it was more comfortable than my 5 series.

Careful, don't want to risk incurring the wrath of cat interceptor buy implying that modern ferraris are actually good

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)