Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Wheeee posted:

so is a dually platinum trim f-350 diesel like the biggest status vehicle you can drive in europe then

In Europe a 5M Fiat ducato/ram pro master is considered huge and a volks Touareg immense. Roads are far too narrow to fit a 350, just watch this for a sample of what happens when a h1 (which is smaller than a 250) goes thru your average European town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0-ldVORQyE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Years ago I read a British review of a standard bed regular cab F-150 and the reviewer kept going on and on about how massive it was and why would anyone need something so big for everyday driving.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Mr. Apollo posted:

Years ago I read a British review of a standard bed regular cab F-150 and the reviewer kept going on and on about how massive it was and why would anyone need something so big for everyday driving.

He's right though.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Residency Evil posted:

He's right though.
Yes, I just thought it was funny because that was the smallest pickup Ford made at the time (Ranger was discontinued) and people here regularly use even bigger models for everyday driving.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

just goin to costco

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Seems like a Sam's Club truck to me. Truck like that wouldn't be going to Costco with their mask rules and living wages.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

I'll never forget the time I had been in Italy for a week, and glanced down the street and thought "holy crap, that car is huge! How do they manage that thing here?"

It was a 2012 Ford Focus.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I'm torn whether to believe that's a lovely lopsided lift job, or the driver is really fat enough to sink the suspension that much.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

davebo posted:

I'm torn whether to believe that's a lovely lopsided lift job, or the driver is really fat enough to sink the suspension that much.

It's chassis twist from all the TWRQKS

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

davebo posted:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Wheeee posted:

just goin to costco

I'm thinking it would be real easy to gently caress with that suspension using an impact driver and a few sockets, provided the owner and friends are out of sight and duly occupied with [insert pseudo-patriotic/borderline-racist bullshit here].

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Laserface posted:

Rangers are bordering on the biggest thing you can comfortably drive in australia regularly and Dodge and chevy are both going guns blazing on bring over RAM 1500s and silverados its nuts.

100 loving grand for a big rear end piece of poo poo american truck what the hell is wrong with people

I can’t help but think that if they were priced to a similar value proposition to what Americans pay, a lot more people would buy them for the image, but as it stands with them being so expensive, at least here they seem to be getting bought by people who really need the towing capacity, eg I see them advertising to horse or big boat people. Some dealers bring in lightly used or brand new special edition trucks like 700hp blown Shelby F150’s and such but they’re for enthusiasts and the market seems to be half a dozen a year so who cares who dropping 200 grand plus on such toys.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Serious horse people are more likely to have a purpose built horse truck and you're more likely to see a fancy purpose built motorhome than a Ram with a 5th wheel type trailer.

Boats that are much larger than a Ranger can tow are going to tip you over the 6,000kg limit where standard car licenses stop so you don't see too many of those either.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
I didn’t say it was working, but just that’s where they seem to be aiming. Edit: also not necessarily about pulling a bigger load, but that the bigger truck gives you a bit more safety and stability over a mid-size truck being maxed out. A few of the recent towing tests I’ve seen out of the Aussie 4x4 media have shown up the mid sized trucks as a bit sketchy at max load.

BuckyDoneGun fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jul 22, 2021

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Mr. Apollo posted:

A cool thread here...

https://twitter.com/cocteautriplets/status/1417768162897141763?s=19

https://twitter.com/cocteautriplets/status/1417770637976817668?s=19

https://twitter.com/cocteautriplets/status/1418100033048780800?s=19

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 22, 2021

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
not including the italian minitanks ofc which are smaller than miatas

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Well no but it doesn't include something like this either... :v:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Wow that says it all.

Still got a way to catch up in the weight dept.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
That’s fun and all but “modern cars are the size of tanks!” is less fun when you cherry pick WW2 tanks and also forget we’ve always built massive cars. 1938 Caddy Sixteen? 6.5 x 2 x 1.8. 1974 Fleetwood? 6.4 x 2 x 1.4.

For comparison, a M1 Abrams is 8m x 3.7 x 2.4 not counting the gun. Or given the Mini comparison, a Badger is technically a tank and it’s about the size of a Fiat 500. The original.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

that looks so fun/stupid/dangerous

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BuckyDoneGun posted:

That’s fun and all but “modern cars are the size of tanks!” is less fun when you cherry pick WW2 tanks and also forget we’ve always built massive cars. 1938 Caddy Sixteen? 6.5 x 2 x 1.8. 1974 Fleetwood? 6.4 x 2 x 1.4.

For comparison, a M1 Abrams is 8m x 3.7 x 2.4 not counting the gun. Or given the Mini comparison, a Badger is technically a tank and it’s about the size of a Fiat 500. The original.

Omg it's the pig cop tank

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

BuckyDoneGun posted:

In the guy's posts he said he specifically picked midsized tanks from WW2. Obviously there are enormous cars and tiny tanks, there's also the opposite but still, they're loving TANKS. The Sherman seats 5, has a 105mm CANNON with 66 rounds, machine guns with anything from 300-6750 rounds, enormous tracks powered by anything from a V8 to a 16 litre, 9 cylinder radial engine and a 520-660 litre fuel tank. You could probably strap a few bikes to the roof and pull a house with it if you wanted... :v:

It wasn't a serious comparison, just a bit of fun.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

Life imitates art

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

mobby_6kl posted:

This is an A+ throwback, thank you for that

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Subaru announced pricing for the brz today:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/subaru-announces-pricing-on-all-new-2022-brz-301339721.html

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

quote:

The automatic transmission option also adds High Beam Assist to both trim levels.

What? Why is that dependent upon transmission choice

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sab669 posted:

If you're capable of operating a manual transmission, you understand when to use high beams vs low beams.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

manual drivers just love touching levers

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Twerk from Home posted:

If you're capable of operating a manual transmission, you understand when to use high beams vs low beams.

Agreed

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Sab669 posted:

Because it uses the eyesight cameras.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

are they not offering adaptive cruise unless you buy automatic? :v:

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

BraveUlysses posted:

Apparently that depends on Eyesight lol

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

BraveUlysses posted:

Subaru are loving dumb, you cant get Eyesight with any manual car they have.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Subaru are loving dumb, you cant get Eyesight with any manual car they have.

Where we're going we won't need eyes to drive.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

So literally no reason to pay extra for the limited. Good.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Russian Bear posted:

So literally no reason to pay extra for the limited. Good.

yeah pretty much this

unless the 18" wheels look better? i dont think they've revealed them.

i think the GR86 might be a better option after this came out...but the main problem with that is that i cant get it in WR blue

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Blind spot monitoring and rear cross path detection are on the limited and aren't restricted to the automatic (along with steering responsive headlights). Those seem like OK additions for a grand.

After owning a BRZ for 7 years, those two features would be really helpful quite a bit due to some of the sight lines out of the car.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I really like the blind spot detection on my Impreza. It's also useful if there's a big speed difference on a car approaching from behind because it'll light up earlier and make you aware of a car approaching quickly. I thought rear cross traffic was gonna be based on radar but it uses the camera. It still seems useful although I've only experienced it a few times.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Oh I bet the high beam thing would be nice if it was available. The halogen headlights on my Impreza are total poo poo, which I find really odd for Subaru to mess up. Maybe the LEDs are better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

i think the GR86 might be a better option after this came out...but the main problem with that is that i cant get it in WR blue

That Neptune Blue that was posted recently is way better than being the same color as every other WRX out there