Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Elyv posted:

Liliana's Sleight(I assume the name is not this, but that's what the twitter thing says)

Enchantment
When ~ Enters the battlefield, create 2 2/2 Zombies.
Zombies you control get +1/+1

Rosewater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/mtgjp/status/851349377197105153

Censor
1U
Instant
Counter target spell unless its controller pays 1.

Cycling U (U, Discard this card: Draw a card.)

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

Rinkles posted:

An MTG artist posted and promptly pulled an art piece onto Instagram, tagging it with #Samut #Planeswalker.

If this is the set's third PW, the Nissa art may have been for HoD (Maro said there are 3 PWs in AKH). Or they made a mistake with the tagging, and this is actually a legend (but you'd expect them to know the difference; getting a PW is a big deal).

I really like the art here. Also, she seems to be a very angry lady. I wonder what she's so angry about.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Miscalculation, that is not.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

YggdrasilTM posted:

Censor
1U
Instant

Miscalculation, this isn't.

Still going to see play if there's a cycling-matters deck though.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
If you can look at the top of your library at any time... does that mean that you can look at the card on top of your library while you are scrying 1?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

bigperm posted:

If you can look at the top of your library at any time... does that mean that you can look at the card on top of your library while you are scrying 1?

While you're scrying, the card is still technically on top of your library.

So yes, you're allowed to look at the card you're currently looking at.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Jenx posted:

I really like the art here. Also, she seems to be a very angry lady. I wonder what she's so angry about.
Fake hours would be my guess. A cropped version was shown in last week's story.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

bigperm posted:

When you're Scrying, the top cards of your library don't change. If you have a Lantern of Insight in play and play Serum Visions, you draw a card, reveal the new top card of the library, then scry 2, notably not revealing the second scry card nor the third card in the library.

Siivola posted:

Fake hours would be my guess. A cropped version was shown in last week's story.

I hate when my work schedule goes up and my hours are all fake.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Oketra the True
3W
Legendary Creature - God
Double strike, indestructible

Oketra the True cannot attack or block unless you control at least three other creatures.

3W: Create a 1/1 white Warrior creature token with vigilance.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

YggdrasilTM posted:

Oketra the True
3W
Legendary Creature - God

Oketra the True cannot attack or block unless you control at least three other creatures.

I want to play this in a Lingering Souls deck.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

This seems like a fine use for four mana, if you can just stay on curve?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I guess the pendulum has firmly swung away from X/X+1 and towards cards that are fantastic if you're ahead but awful if you're on the back foot.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

YggdrasilTM posted:

Oketra the True
3W
Legendary Creature - God

That is a very nice top of the curve for an aggressive tokens deck, though Gideon is more or less better in every way.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
I actually like Force Spikulation a lot

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

bigperm posted:

No, but you can see the extra card if you're casting brainstorm.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Bugsy posted:

Seems quite strong.

So glad I waited to make changes to Animar.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Bugsy posted:

Seems quite strong.

This is a hard card to judge without playtesting. Its card advantage and mana fixing but also doesn't do much the turn its played. Its not a legend though and is a 3/4. Its either busted or never finds a good deck to be in.

YggdrasilTM posted:

Censor
1U
Instant

ZeroCount posted:

Miscalculation, that is not.

That might be the best card in the set. Might be the card with the most non-standard play.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Oh god.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

YggdrasilTM posted:

Oketra the True
3W
Legendary Creature - God

It's funny how similar this card is to Heliod, considering how different the red and blue ones are from their Theros counterparts.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

:catstare:

Well that's terrifying.

YggdrasilTM posted:

Censor
1U
Instant

Ugggghhhhh why couldn't we just get a miscalculation reprint? Not that this is terrible, but still...

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

:catstare:

Well that's terrifying.

Ugggghhhhh why couldn't we just get a miscalculation reprint? Not that this is terrible, but still...

Miscalculation is an extremely good card. At least we didn't get a Spell Snip reprint.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

Slightly too good, I suppose.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

This is a hard card to judge without playtesting. Its card advantage and mana fixing but also doesn't do much the turn its played. Its not a legend though and is a 3/4. Its either busted or never finds a good deck to be in.

That might be the best card in the set. Might be the card with the most non-standard play.

This is much worse than Courser for one more mana. Seems bad.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

mcmagic posted:

You couldn't chain multiple cards off of the top with courser. I don't know if this'll be good in the format, but the ability to chain-cast cheap guys off the top of your deck is strong.

The counterspell is really interesting- for the early turns its generally an unconditional 2-mana counterspell, and U cycling removes the big downside of the taxing counterspells (doing nothing later on).
If there are U control decks at all I think it'll see play.

Sarmhan fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 10, 2017

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Ein Sexmonster posted:

You couldn't chain multiple cards off of the top with courser. I don't know if this'll be good in the format, but the ability to chain-cast cheap guys off the top of your deck is strong.

You can't get value off this without spending mana (as compared to courser).

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ein Sexmonster posted:

There could be potential for something with this and Paradox Engine, dunno if it would be any good without Llanowar Elf variants in standard though.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

Courser is better all around card because its 3 cmc and pairs well with fetches. Not much of a building cost there. Its a little too early to call this card much worse without seeing what else is going on.

Rinkles posted:

While this is true its still card advantage, potentially powerful one at that.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Sure. I'm just pointing out that the potential upside is significantly larger. I don't think it's better than courser, which is fine given how good courser was.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I didn't like what the extra information necessarily did to gameplay, but I did like that courser and Oracle's ability had a real downside (if marginal compared to the average value generated).

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
There are worse things to be than not as good as an almost busted card.

I'm guessing there will be a bigger release of spoilers later?

We're going to get a Vengeful Pharaoh reprint right?

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

They'll release the rest of the cool cards slowly over the week and then dump all the rest of the commons/uncommons at the end

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

BizarroAzrael posted:

At 11 EST, or more like 10:45 EST when MTGS and/or Reddit find the made-live-but-not-published articles on the Magic website.

I'm disappointed the Cat God doesn't make Cat tokens. :( Cat tokens have lifelink, so I guess having a repeatable source of 1/1 lifelinkers was too good.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

BJPaskoff posted:

At 11 EST, or more like 10:45 EST when MTGS and/or Reddit find the made-live-but-not-published articles on the Magic website.

I'm disappointed the Cat God doesn't make Cat tokens. :( Cat tokens have lifelink, so I guess having a repeatable source of 1/1 lifelinkers was too good.

It would have been the perfect soul sisters god!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

Courser is better all around card because its 3 cmc and pairs well with fetches. Not much of a building cost there. Its a little too early to call this card much worse without seeing what else is going on.

While this is true its still card advantage, potentially powerful one at that.

Just the fact that Courser helped you hit your land drops and this doesn't is a huge delta.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
So how does the combat limitation on the dumb egyptian god cards work mid-battle? Say Oketra - I think if she block something as a creature but during declare blockers phase you fall below the 3 needed creatures (like, one gets hit by removal before combat damage) she's no longer blocking anything but the thing is still blocked - right?

What about when she's attacking? Is she still attacking if you fall below three creatures after declare attackers?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Just the fact that Courser helped you hit your land drops and this doesn't is a huge delta.

This helps you to hit your creature drops!

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Rynder posted:

So how does the combat limitation on the dumb egyptian god cards work mid-battle? Say Oketra - I think if she block something as a creature but during declare blockers phase you fall below the 3 needed creatures (like, one gets hit by removal before combat damage) she's no longer blocking anything but the thing is still blocked - right?

What about when she's attacking? Is she still attacking if you fall below three creatures after declare attackers?
Simply put, yes. Once they're declared they're good.
This isn't like the theros ones where they stop being creatures.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Rynder posted:

Once they were declared attacker/blocker even if you remove the condition for their activation, they are still creatures attacking or blocking, and they will inflict damage. In this aspect they are better than the Theros gods!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Embalm Roar of the Wurm

• Locked thread