Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Actual American cheese, not the cheese food or similar products that come individually wrapped owns. I have no allusions that it's not garbage in comparison to actual cheeses.

The individually wrapped slices are universally awful and always kinda taste like the plastic wrapper. I once made the mistake of buying the cheapest slices at the dollar store for $.99 when I was really poor. I managed to eat like 2 slices before just deciding to throw it out.

Edit, content:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Double post

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

:raise:

:staredog:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

:canada:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This doesn't seem kosher

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I sometimes throw in a few slices in my cheese sauce, with otherwise quality cheeses, for the chemicals that make the cheese nice and melty. Works a treat.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

I figured from the bilingual note about the brand as well as the French grammar error

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/NhGitrS.mp4
Sound

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

those are just the souls of the damned leaving your food, this is why good occult food safety is important.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Mr.Radar posted:

According to my brother that taught English in Korea a few years ago, that's pretty much the only kind of cheese you can get over there.

No, but it is what people mean when they say "cheese" in Korea. You can get real (imported, expensive) cheese too but default cheese is knockoff Kraft singles. Japan and China too.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Can someone familiar with Korea explain the flavour profile of cheesy cheese vs nacho cheese?

Imagine a Kraft single, but with no flavor at all. That's every Korean cheese.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

spankmeister posted:

I sometimes throw in a few slices in my cheese sauce, with otherwise quality cheeses, for the chemicals that make the cheese nice and melty. Works a treat.
You can just buy sodium citrate ala carte.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I find that the cheap plastic wrapped cheese here tastes better when melted, has a completely different flavor when cold.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Scarodactyl posted:

You can just buy sodium citrate ala carte.

Exactly: Kraft Singles

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

His Divine Shadow posted:

I find that the cheap plastic wrapped cheese here tastes better when melted, has a completely different flavor when cold.

Yeah. The use for it is melted on a smashburger, where it is the ideal and only cheese to use.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Man I don’t know... It was twenty years ago so I don’t know if it still exists, but there was a brand of ultra-cheap knockoff “American” “cheese” that I once resorted to buying. Once.

I don’t even remember the taste, it was so bad, but what I do remember was that it didn’t melt when microwaved. It actually hardened. It shrunk a bit and became tough, like its density increased in the heat. If it were used instead of silica tiles, maybe the Columbia disaster could have been avoided.

I threw the rest of the package out after that abomination of food materials science. Yeah, I was poor, but some things are worth the extra cash.

Yeah, if you look close at the packaging of Dollar Tree Slices, you’ll see that there’s warnings that they contain no cheese and are not designed to melt. Same with the shredded stuff from Dollar Tree.

It’s all just theoretically digestible plastic painted yellow.

Living in poverty means having to obsessively check all your food to make sure it has actual food in it. :negative:

KataraniSword has a new favorite as of 20:44 on Dec 5, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

spankmeister posted:

I guess that'll do it, but you're better off adding a better melty cheese like gruyere, and/or just adding flour to prevent it from breaking.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Man the JAV Titles get more unbelievable every post.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is that "made in a big ocean" or "made of grandmothers"?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

OwlFancier posted:

Why not... both? :thunk:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

OwlFancier posted:

I thought maybe "large mares"? Like not just any horses, really big lady horses. The milk large horses.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

I guess that'll do it, but you're better off adding a better melty cheese like gruyere, and/or just adding flour to prevent it from breaking.

No it's for the sodium citrate.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

What are these?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Large isopods

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

thehoodie posted:

What are these?

Mothballs?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
small eggs

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

thehoodie posted:

What are these?

I don't know either, but there's one right behind you.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/MFLijmB.mp4

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
would if it weren't for the olives.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

oh this is my poo poo right here.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Data Graham posted:

Large isopods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54m4SDJiL6U

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

yeah I eat rear end posted:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

:yeshaha:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I have no such compunctions

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Its too bad its not kalamata olives.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

maybe a quarter of it and a nice crunchy salad

EDIT: I said maybe

LordSaturn has a new favorite as of 06:38 on Dec 6, 2020

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

LordSaturn posted:

maybe a quarter of it and a nice crunchy salad

Wow I don't think I could possibly do a quarter of that thing on one go :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Gimme a sixth and a spinach salad