Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
All I heard was "I like FFXI, can I get to hang out dress as yoko and paid for big boobs?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so wait your sister was trying to gently caress you

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Consider having this conversation elsewhere.

Perhaps even nowhere.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Bad Seafood posted:

Perhaps even nowhere.

I shall take this advice to heart

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

closer to the heart?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Bad Seafood posted:

Perhaps even nowhere.

And I can return to the land of not-anime knowing that somewhere, somehow, justice has occurred.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Next chapter is a timeskip and they're back on the boat.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Next chapter is a timeskip and they're back on the boat.

That was a mistranslation. They've actually been under a mermaid spell and have never been off the boat

bondster
May 6, 2007

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-21/berserk-gets-new-anime-project-featuring-guts-as-black-swordsman/.96773

This is great but :lol: on the manga going on hiatus again

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

It was too good to be true anyway. And we got three years worth of chapters over just half a year.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Amazing.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I hope they get back on the boat.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
Well, the anime project could be cool.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Wonder if they're gonna start with the snake count again or jump straight to the fat guy and Puck

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
I just hope they don't try to animate human beings in 3D again.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdY7NMWhLc

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

OnimaruXLR posted:

Wonder if they're gonna start with the snake count again or jump straight to the fat guy and Puck

I hope they skip the snake guy because he was clearly just a prototype for the count. Maybe use it as a set up scene for the movie, 10 minutes tops.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Sigh.... another hiatus.

If 4c is doing this again I hope they at least have a better CG pipeline. 3d CG anime can look good (Arpeggio of Blue Steel) but you need to use the right rendering engine. 4c was using Maya which has a crap toon shader and no useful plugins to provide better ones.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
So is Elf Island going to become the new boat?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
An island is just a boat that doesn't move.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They'd better get Susumu Hirasawa back for the music.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Is this a direct continuation of the 2012 series? I've never seen Berserk in any animated form, but I might if it's going to continue past the golden age stuff.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

There was no 2012 "Series," they just remade the Golden Age arc in movie form (but still cut a bunch of stuff).

The new anime will likely be retreating the Golden Age again, though hopefully they'll finally be able to move past it.

Personally I feel like a faithful adaptation of Berserk would be more suited to an OVA format, but there are probably a lot of costs and catches to that I'm unaware of.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I really want to see an animated version of the Faerie Forest arc.

All my anime-only friends will cry. :unsmigghh:

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

you know the third berserk movie which had eclipse happen had 5 minutes of soothing music after the movie was over. Think about what would happen if they showed out even more messed out stuff to audience. A therapy session for the audience?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUPOsm8vvJA

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Bad Seafood posted:

There was no 2012 "Series," they just remade the Golden Age arc in movie form (but still cut a bunch of stuff).

The new anime will likely be retreating the Golden Age again, though hopefully they'll finally be able to move past it.

The poster literally says "Sleepless nights shall begin"

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Sakurazuka posted:

They'd better get Susumu Hirasawa back for the music.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Bad Seafood posted:

The promo image is clearly Black Swordsman Guts.

if it's the loving Golden Age loving again I'm going to scream

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The original anime also started with Black Swordsman Guts.

Only for an episode, but still.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
the original anime also sucked.

I remember the fire in that episode literally just being a static image in every shot

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'm not a fan of the original anime either, I'm just saying that just because they're advertising Black Swordsman Guts doesn't mean they're not gonna do the Golden Age again.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Aren't those hiatuses occuring because the artist likes to play some weird video games like a lazy git instead of working?

I mean sure, he can do what he wants in his free time but going on a hiatus for his work just to play more games seems self-defeating in the long-term

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

IronicDongz posted:

the original anime also sucked.

I remember the fire in that episode literally just being a static image in every shot

Wrong, it is good.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Libluini posted:

Aren't those hiatuses occuring because the artist likes to play some weird video games like a lazy git instead of working?

I mean sure, he can do what he wants in his free time but going on a hiatus for his work just to play more games seems self-defeating in the long-term

That's just a running joke/rumor that isn't particularly based on reality. At least part of it is that the guy just cannot stop himself from drawing everything with insane amounts of detail.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm not a fan of the original anime either, I'm just saying that just because they're advertising Black Swordsman Guts doesn't mean they're not gonna do the Golden Age again.

Do I look like I give a drat? No.

Do I look like I'm going to scream? Yes.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Dr Subterfuge posted:

That's just a running joke/rumor that isn't particularly based on reality. At least part of it is that the guy just cannot stop himself from drawing everything with insane amounts of detail.

I wonder if this last spat of updates was an attempt to see if he could keep of the pace of a monthly series with the current level of detail. If that's the case then I guess the answer was "no".

Oh well, at least some poo poo actually happened this time. 11/24/2015, never forget. :unsmith:

Edit: I really, really hope this new series has some great outtakes.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hahaha, what was it this time? Something like 6 releases before he burnt out?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I laughed really hard at the "going from monthly to irregular releases" like it hasn't been that way for a decade now.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Time for a repost of this classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

YouTuber posted:

Hahaha, what was it this time? Something like 6 releases before he burnt out?

Pwom, dwink da nectar