Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Remember that a facet of the wellness program is that they no longer have to do it immediately. Roman's suspension was at a convenient time so he would still make Battleground. Lesnar would still make Summerslam uf they did it now, but they could also do it after so he can gently caress off for another several months if he feels like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Also wasn't Billy Gunn employed in a way where he technically didn't fall under the wellness policy anyways? I thought he worked full time as a trainer or whatever and the wellness policy clearly only applies to on air talent.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
Gunn also didn't tell the WWE that he was doing bodybuilding competitions on the side iirc.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

a retard posted:

Gunn also didn't tell the WWE that he was doing bodybuilding competitions on the side iirc.

oh they didn't know?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Couldn't WWE be waiting for the USADA B Sample or whatever it's called before deciding anything? I realize those almost never matter, jussayin;.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MotU posted:

oh they didn't know?

Mr.rear end should've called somebody :(

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Also wasn't Billy Gunn employed in a way where he technically didn't fall under the wellness policy anyways? I thought he worked full time as a trainer or whatever and the wellness policy clearly only applies to on air talent.

They shitcanned Mr. rear end because it's a really bad PR look when one of their top NXT trainers is a known juicer

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

MotU posted:

oh they didn't know?

:golfclap:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/matthardybrand/status/755589702799986689

Matt. :allears:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

oh my god aaaahahaha

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I really want to like those kinds of tweets but they reek too much of desperation to be relevant :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Couldn't WWE be waiting for the USADA B Sample or whatever it's called before deciding anything? I realize those almost never matter, jussayin;.

It was just announced today he failed another test. So not only would he have to do something that has never happened in the UFC (B sample gets a different result resulting in punishment completely overturned), he'd have to do it twice in order to not be punished by UFC or USADA

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

It was just announced today he failed another test. So not only would he have to do something that has never happened in the UFC (B sample gets a different result resulting in punishment completely overturned), he'd have to do it twice in order to not be punished by UFC or USADA

Just playing Devil's Advocate. WWE should suspend him, won't.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

I really want to like those kinds of tweets but they reek too much of desperation to be relevant :(

How is that desperate? It's like a one in a million joke opportunity

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Aesop Poprock posted:

How is that desperate? It's like a one in a million joke opportunity

It's this and the Hillary and Trump ones that reek of trying to be relevant.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

It's this and the Hillary and Trump ones that reek of trying to be relevant.

Ah I didn't see those ones, it was definitely funnier when I thought it was a standalone thing from out of left field. Still decent though

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Basically most "so bad it's good" things get lame once the original creators are in on the joke. This is what happened to The Room when Tommy Wiseau started going around claiming it was a "black comedy" the whole time (it's so clearly not, if you actually watch the movie and read the behind-the-scenes stories).

So yeah, there's a worry that Matt will get a little too self-aware with his gimmick and try too hard.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Benne posted:

Basically most "so bad it's good" things get lame once the original creators are in on the joke. This is what happened to The Room when Tommy Wiseau started going around claiming it was a "black comedy" the whole time (it's so clearly not, if you actually watch the movie and read the behind-the-scenes stories).

So yeah, there's a worry that Matt will get a little too self-aware with his gimmick and try too hard.

This gimmick has always been tongue in cheek though. He has never been serious with it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jeff's the only one that at all appears to be taking it seriously, and that's only because long ago he became high enough that the concept of jokes eluded him

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

I dunno how you can watch anything Matt has put out at least since at least the final deletion build up and tell me it hasn't been self aware the whole time

But yeah for all we know Jeff probably thinks this is reality and he's actually battling his brother and his fleet of drones with fireworks to save himself from being physically deleted

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Please note I didn't say it was bad, I just hope Matt doesn't go too far into Iron Sheik('s sleazy handlers) Twitter territory where "I'll use my gimmick to opine on current pop culture" is the only thing he does. Just keep it a bit grounded in the universe he created, you know?

But yeah, Jeff is enough of a doofus that his dead-serious sincerity still makes the whole angle work.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Benne posted:

this happened weeks ago

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Eventually Matt Hardy will realize that people are laughing at him, not with him. Going to be a great day

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The great day will be Matt Hardy winning Wrestling Observer Wrestler of the Year, and Best Feud.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Eventually Matt Hardy will realize that people are laughing at him, not with him. Going to be a great day

He knows. His entire ROH run was based around him knowing.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Yeah if you honestly think Matt isn't in on the joke, well, I guess this is the thread for you.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Of course he's in on the joke, and in 2 months when he still thinks tweeting DELETE BROTHER NERO at random events is hilarious, it will be hilarious for a whole new reason

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Aesop Poprock posted:

I dunno how you can watch anything Matt has put out at least since at least the final deletion build up and tell me it hasn't been self aware the whole time

But yeah for all we know Jeff probably thinks this is reality and he's actually battling his brother and his fleet of drones with fireworks to save himself from being physically deleted

Imagine Jeff laying in bed awake all night, shivering in terror, eyes on the window for drones

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alain Post posted:

The great day will be Matt Hardy winning Wrestling Observer Wrestler of the Year, and Best Feud.

I think it's fair to call Final Deletion both the best and worst angle of the year. It's in a weird situation where it can reasonably win both.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I think it's fair to call Final Deletion both the best and worst angle of the year. It's in a weird situation where it can reasonably win both.

I don't feel comfortable calling Impact the worst show for airing it

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/x_julia22/status/755882848171749376

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

And it's gone

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
didnt we used to screencap the tweets? because of that very thing?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

syzpid posted:

And it's gone

it was just someone tweeting triple h, the cwc twitter and something else probably the wwe twitter to gently caress her so hard that a 7.0 magnitude tsunami wave happens

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AkumaHokoru posted:

didnt we used to screencap the tweets? because of that very thing?

Now that tweets imbed that noble goal has died a swift death

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I don't know, that second person's assessment of the situation is probably correct. I can't imagine anyone else would do that.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The first one is fair in Kayfabe. Three time champion, headliner of the last two Wrestlemanias should be an earlier pick than guy who's yet to debut

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

St Evan Echoes posted:

The first one is fair in Kayfabe. Three time champion, headliner of the last two Wrestlemanias should be an earlier pick than guy who's yet to debut

well the suspension was brought up in kayfabe, so someone who's currently suspended has an uncertain future about how they're coming back, compared to someone who had a legendary run in the feeder leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

spongeh posted:

well the suspension was brought up in kayfabe, so someone who's currently suspended has an uncertain future about how they're coming back, compared to someone who had a legendary run in the feeder leagues.

Reigns isn't suspended.