Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
by doing the things in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bob NewSCART posted:

That's cool as gently caress. That wasn't the case for the other record books was it? Also what's the fastest way to get some ranks in that dumb book

Repeat pulls come out at 3 light and need to be infused. It's an excellent mechanic and functionally a kiosk. If only the raid had its own record book.

Maybe it does...there's a whole page of ?????s in there.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Repeat pulls come out at 3 light and need to be infused. It's an excellent mechanic and functionally a kiosk. If only the raid had its own record book.

Maybe it does...there's a whole page of ?????s in there.

That page is titled after the raid, so yes that's the raid page aka the rage.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bob NewSCART posted:

That's cool as gently caress. That wasn't the case for the other record books was it? Also what's the fastest way to get some ranks in that dumb book

Nothing faster than reading the descriptions and doing what they say. Some of the nodes are faster than others, IIRC there's one for winning 2 crucible matches in a row and one for a match with a KDR over 1.0.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I just did the Archor Forge about 10+ times. I had 4 keys (one of each character and another in the inventory) and 2 more dropped, plus these the other guys used.

On returning to the tower I had lots of engrams, rare and legendary. Highly productive. Woah. So many kills :D, So many engrams :D

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
has anyone noticed the old iron banner shells now display as the crappy level 1 ghost? the thumbnail is right but when you preview it its just the plain white one. same deal in-game, too.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Package results today:
-DIS-43 with litc/pb/hand laid
-Last Resort with kneepads/hammer forged/rangefinder

Both kick rear end in crucible, and the new mode is really fun

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

poor life choice posted:

Tangentially, if you're online a little after 6pm CST I will be interested in chaining heroics for a few hours. Vanguard rep booster + the 3x vanguard streak buff + a competent* group should get us some points. Stop when we have to or when we're at risk of losing out on a vanguard/faction reward due to a second level-up.

If the raid is mechanically more involved than "a really hectic 6-person strike" I'm fully expecting us to fail spectacularly tomorrow anyway. :)

Sure. I might be a bit later depending, but definitely.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

so no one else preordered from Amazon and got their new sparrow? Figured you goons would be freaking out about that poo poo

Also I think it's funny how laughably low the content for this $30 DLC was. They literally recycled the same exact maps and enemies/bosses and just wrote that into the story "oh they're adding ____ to them now to make them stronger! I mean yeah it's what they've always done and they're laughing all the away to the bank. But seriously is this like the 5th iteration of the walker tank and literally just doing previous missions backwards lmao

Still bought it and am playing it tho but man what a joke

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 22, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If you think it's a joke then stop loving giving Bungie money.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

poo poo if they dropped more DLC I'd buy that poo poo too

I just think it's funny 's all

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Got my first skeleton key. Pretty sure I don't have any strike specific gear except Tanik's cloak. What should I be trying for, goons?

Luccion
Jun 14, 2008

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Got my first skeleton key. Pretty sure I don't have any strike specific gear except Tanik's cloak. What should I be trying for, goons?

I'm pretty certain the general consensus is "good stuff." Just try to get good stuff and you should be fine.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

i want the warlock tentacle arm from restorative mind

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Number Ten Cocks posted:

The sniper you can get from the new Siva enemies is the efrideets archetype and staggers everything you head shot (can also one shot supers with a head shot). Omnislut for a better chance at a grasp if you don't have one.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Oh yeah I should get those theosiyan arms. I got a mediocre grasp with my first one but a rad new cloak.

ALSO THERE ARE SO MANY CLOAKS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

whats the best way to get my poo poo ghost past 350? Rando weapon engrams?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

AAB posted:

whats the best way to get my poo poo ghost past 350? Rando weapon engrams?

Getting blue ghosts from strikes/boss farming

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Pro-tip: Every time you get a SIVA ofering, move it to other character, you may end with 4 offerings that you can use for a mega session of Archor Forge. Better if theres other 3 guys around the forge.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Buy a 350 Ghost from any vendor at all. Ideally the Dead Orbit one that gives you extra $$$ glimmer on Fallen Kills, and Spinmetal on Engram drops.

Also do the Iron Lord missions so you get a 350 artifact.

Once you have those two, your routine drops should be at least in the 340s and you can do Heroic Strikes for higher level stuff.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
A consensus seems to be emerging that The Palindrome, the Crucible handcannon, has a good vendor roll. It's the same archetype as Eysluna and it has certain base stats (namely the way its recoil pattern works and its aim assist) that are superior. The base roll also comes with Rangefinder and Rifled Barrel, along with Spray and Play to compensate for the reload speed.

Failing that, the Crucible pulse appears to be the Hawksaw archetype, so the reign of terror of high fire rate pulses is not at an end yet.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
god drat it i bought taken king and rise of iron. can't believe i just bought destiny in 2016

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

some dude getting gear at 387 :stare:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Tei posted:

Pro-tip: Every time you get a SIVA ofering, move it to other character, you may end with 4 offerings that you can use for a mega session of Archor Forge. Better if theres other 3 guys around the forge.

Can you only carry one?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Can you only carry one?

Yes and it's dumb as gently caress

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Can you only carry one?

Yes, there are a lot of gating mechanisms in this DLC. They want people to go a lot slower, which just means they're going to hunt for ways to break the system and min/max the speed of upgrades.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

xzzy posted:

Yes, there are a lot of gating mechanisms in this DLC. They want people to go a lot slower, which just means they're going to hunt for ways to break the system and min/max the speed of upgrades.

Somewhere a Bungie designer is getting asked uncomfortable questions about why people have already finished the campaign, all three initially available exotic quests, and are already geared appropriately for the raid. :v:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I started Destiny the first day TTK came out. Several of my friends and I started at the same time and we all had a lot of fun playing. Over time, they moved on to other games while still playing when new content came out. I stuck with the game for the long haul though. I completed all the Y2 MOT, collected the Y1 exotics, and reached max light. The whole nine yards.
With Rise of Iron, I wanted to do something special though. Having never experienced Gjallarhorn as the powerhouse that it was and hearing the various stories here from this community (thanks for being an awesome community, by the way, you've been super helpful), I wanted my own moment. My mountain to climb (literally and figuratively, it would turn out) was to get this weapon myself; to earn it by my own hand.
Doing it was a blast. Being a defender titan with the supercell carried me through the missions with enough challenge to make it fun and demanding, but not enough for it to be stressful. I was even able to clear the waves of adds in the final mission well ahead of the end of the reconstruction. Now I have this weapon, this trophy, this legend. I'm overjoyed to have it and I'm glad I got it the way I did.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Lightning Knight posted:

Somewhere a Bungie designer is getting asked uncomfortable questions about why people have already finished the campaign, all three initially available exotic quests, and are already geared appropriately for the raid. :v:

:munch:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I tried the heroic siva strikes underleveled and..... ouch, some are doable, others are a true pain in the rear end. Had to stop doing them and moved to easier things.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

:stare:

I only just got to 360 and I played for 14 hours straight on launch day

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

Just be glad they don't delay the raid for a month or they would have come up with a way to gate hitting 260 for several weeks.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Just got booted from three strikes, mid strike, one of which was at the boss fight.

Raid launch is gonna be interesting

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Tei posted:

I like to have three guys gathered around the forge for a mega session.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

:stare:

I only just got to 360 and I played for 14 hours straight on launch day

I think the main point was that the infuse at higher light level bug(?) is letting some equipment beat the 385 cap. Isn't that the cap?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I've been having a good amount of success with the khvostov. I guess I should have tried harder to get a doctrine or a claw huh?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Are the gunsmith's arms day tickets updated for better/new weapons since the RoI update?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

A consensus seems to be emerging that The Palindrome, the Crucible handcannon, has a good vendor roll. It's the same archetype as Eysluna and it has certain base stats (namely the way its recoil pattern works and its aim assist) that are superior. The base roll also comes with Rangefinder and Rifled Barrel, along with Spray and Play to compensate for the reload speed.

I've been using the vendor roll in Crucible a bit and can confirm that it does own.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Lightning Knight posted:

, all three initially available exotic quests,

Three??

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Thorn quest is a random chance when turning in vanguard weekly bounties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Thorn quest is a random chance when turning in vanguard weekly bounties

Oh I didn't even think of Thorn. Whoops

• Locked thread