Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
The Scorpion seems dangerously good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

It is the most OP thing in the game right now by a wide margin.

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Game is about to be real unbalanced for the next few months. No reason to ever not take all 3 of the new ops plus IQ and Thatcher.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

keyframe posted:

Ranked will be really interesting for attackers with a 3min time limit and mines everywhere up the rear end.

By real interesting you mean utter hell. Even with Fuze, and thatcher, and IQ there's no way you're going to clear all of them.

Lesion might be fine if he had either 7 traps, or 3 invisible traps. Having both is just original Black Beard levels of trolling attackers. Just by him and Ela existing you're forcing people to always run IQ/Thatcher now (which doesn't help you in a lot of locations: see Kanal server hallway; with ADS and a dead fuze it is quite literally impossible to remove the traps there).

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Lesion's ability is actually more useful for telling if someone is behind a door or wall than it is for actually hurting or even slowing down people.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Played a perfect Tchanka round last night.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
oops double

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Wow this game owns.

I gotta break my csgo habit of watching two entry/ exits because that gets me killed

Also a headset

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

verbal enema posted:

Also a headset

A decent pair of headphones/headset is the best thing you can do to be better at this game really.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
use the pulse blindfold to fully roleplay your tacticality by sitting there with your eyes closed irl immersed into the world of Tom Clancy via noise canceling headphones ...deep in the OBJ with the barrel of your shotgun pressed against the single wall the someone forgot to reinforce

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If you put a Frost mat down and then put a Gu mine on or next to it, which triggers first and will the Gu mine kill the person in the trap?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

If you put a Frost mat down and then put a Gu mine on or next to it, which triggers first and will the Gu mine kill the person in the trap?

I'd assume if you can place a Gu mine directly on top of it the mat's box is bigger so you'd hit the mat first, and then potentially you'd intersect the mine and you'd definitely die from that.

If nothing else I'll be saving a mine or two sometimes to throw at downed people.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Lol, I'm glad some footage of our games made the cut

Hahaha that yokai snipe. Echo getting dunked on is the best

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 30, 2017

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
how long does TTS run for? just until it's out, or does it stop before that?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So apparently every op has a new pose and moves slightly in the post game victory photo, according to my buddies playing the tts. And the peeking game is is much more fair now too.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I'm watching a Serenity video and he seems to have access to the new ops. Say whaaaaaat? Are they out already? Any confirmed sources I can read outlining their abilities?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Q8ee posted:

I'm watching a Serenity video and he seems to have access to the new ops. Say whaaaaaat? Are they out already? Any confirmed sources I can read outlining their abilities?

On the technical test server, yeah. It's free for pc owners and you have access to all the ops there so give it a whirl.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Man this game has a hell of a learning curve. Took a break for a while and after coming back im just getting ruined.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

e: wtf phone

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Aug 31, 2017

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Hard can you tell them to release the patch on Monday when the civilized world has nothing else to do. Releasing the day after a holiday is the worst

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hey all. I've been lurking this thread for a few weeks and watching stuff related to this game because I need a PC shooting fix (been out for long playing RPGs and such) and was wondering about jumping on this game.

I missed the free weekend on steam to test out how well will it run on my pc ( i72600k, GTX960 2Gb, 16Gb DDR3 @1600 and two Samsung SSD where I can install it), and while I don't care for ultra or high settings, I don't want to jump if it'll chug even on medium. I'm confused about the starter edition, gold, year 2 pass and that. I played the mess that the open beta was years ago and I see the game came a long run wich is nice and see that is a fun romp.

Any tips on what pack should I pick on steam? (I know it runs on uplay but I hate not having it on steam, also sales!) and if it's a big grind if I just pick the starter edition.

I also noticed that there's no console thread at all so wondering if there are console goons in here or is just PC players.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I have a i5 3570k, a GTX 950, 8gb DDR3 @ 1337mhz and one 500gb HD. It runs smooth as silk on Normal textures (it's the only thing I can't increase because it requires a shitload of VRAM and my 2gb card can't meet that). You should have no issues.

The grind on the starter edition was so bad I spent like $35 in the first week just to unlock the base ops.

Azran fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 31, 2017

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Do not buy the starter edition. This advice should be in the title of the thread or something.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jehde posted:

Do not buy the starter edition. This advice should be in the title of the thread or something.

I think it is sorry. I think I can get a decent deal on the standard edition next time it goes on sale (it will for sure will the upcoming new shooters).

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Guillermus posted:

Hey all. I've been lurking this thread for a few weeks and watching stuff related to this game because I need a PC shooting fix (been out for long playing RPGs and such) and was wondering about jumping on this game.

I missed the free weekend on steam to test out how well will it run on my pc ( i72600k, GTX960 2Gb, 16Gb DDR3 @1600 and two Samsung SSD where I can install it), and while I don't care for ultra or high settings, I don't want to jump if it'll chug even on medium. I'm confused about the starter edition, gold, year 2 pass and that. I played the mess that the open beta was years ago and I see the game came a long run wich is nice and see that is a fun romp.

Any tips on what pack should I pick on steam? (I know it runs on uplay but I hate not having it on steam, also sales!) and if it's a big grind if I just pick the starter edition.

I also noticed that there's no console thread at all so wondering if there are console goons in here or is just PC players.

I was in the same situation a few weeks back, and the resounding thread consensus was "for the love of god, don't pick the starter edition". And after playing for a while, I'll absolutely agree on that point. I was able to unlock all the 20 vanilla operators (plus assorted weapon customisations) after about ~15-20 hours played, and one of the DLC ones after about the same time again. By comparison, with the starter edition I'd only have been able to unlock a grand total of 4 operators in the same time. So unless you're looking to play with the same handful of operators for literally hundreds of hours, just go with the standard edition. Really, half the fun of the game is trying out whatever operator you currently feel like at the moment, and the starter edition just cuts that out for you.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Guillermus posted:

I have a i5-2500k, gtx 960 and i get 90 fps according to the frame counter with everything on medium. If i leave a twitch stream open at the same time that reduces to 30 fps so it's cpu bound.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Oh yeah I run a GTX 770 (4GB VRAM) and i5-3570k and still manage 60fps at 1080p with ultra textures. However I periodically run into massive hitches when loading a map for the first time, so I really need to upgrade my ancient CPU to fix that. Even though Siege looks fantastic from a graphical standpoint, it's actually more taxing on the CPU with all the destruction and everything.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Siege is a pretty well optimized game.

Quite a few of the folks in the discord run old as gently caress hardware, see: jehde, and are able to run everything at acceptable settings and fps all while running shadowplay as well.

Long as you aren't trying to play it on like integrated graphics or something I think you'll be fine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Duggler posted:

Hard can you tell them to release the patch on Monday when the civilized world has nothing else to do. Releasing the day after a holiday is the worst

Thankfully I am working from home on Tuesday, but Monday would be much appreciated. :kiddo:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thanks! I'll see if I can snag a good price for the standard edition soon. I love to try weapons and new stuff so I'll start with that.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

god that new operator with the mobile flashbangs seems so satisfying to play. and from what I can tell, looking away doesn't save you from being blinded, which is incredible.

regular flashbangs need the same buff. make it so looking away prevents you being severely blinded, but at least have it debuff you with deafened sound so it's harder to hear the person who threw it rushing you

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Guillermus posted:

Thanks! I'll see if I can snag a good price for the standard edition soon. I love to try weapons and new stuff so I'll start with that.

You just missed the sale. Maybe they'll have another one when the DLC comes out who knows. If not just wait 3 months for the next free weekend.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Q8ee posted:

god that new operator with the mobile flashbangs seems so satisfying to play. and from what I can tell, looking away doesn't save you from being blinded, which is incredible.

regular flashbangs need the same buff. make it so looking away prevents you being severely blinded, but at least have it debuff you with deafened sound so it's harder to hear the person who threw it rushing you

They do work that way at close ranges actually. They have a maximum range which is pretty far if you're looking at them but can be mitigated by looking away, but inside a certain range you'll be blinded whether you're looking at the grenade or not when it goes off.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My smurf account is a starter edition and that's the only time I would recommend it; you should be experienced with the game and know what you're getting into, be ok with playing the same operators over and over, and not have the regular edition on sale for $5 more the next week.

It's my Siege and Chill version where I don't have to be on top of my game and can just roam around with Doc's shotgun and figure out cool spots for Valk cams. This only applies when your MMR is high enough that you routinely get platinums every game on your regular account.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

CJ posted:

You just missed the sale. Maybe they'll have another one when the DLC comes out who knows. If not just wait 3 months for the next free weekend.

Ubisoft will force another sale on steam as soon as another big shooter gets released. And yes, I sadly missed the sale like for a few days. I was busy playing Yakuza 0 and didn't launch steam in days :(

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

IceOrb posted:

Siege is a pretty well optimized game.

Not to mention, as in standard FPS tradition, if you make your game look like dogshit you get a nice advantage over someone playing with max settings and shadows and things.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
i play on minimum because my computer is ancient but i'd definitely rather have shadows on, there are lots of places where they cast in such a way that they reveal people. at least that's the impression i get from watching youtube videos of people with the game maxed out.

definitely advantages in other ways though. i never had to deal with favela lag like so many people for instance

e: unrelatedly, did they take out you being able to shoot bombers in the tank to disable them? it's not working for me anymore on tts

Koramei fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 31, 2017

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Speaking of setting, I've got some nuts 6gb card and am only running 1080p on my projector. Any tricks I can pull to really crank the graphics in this game?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkiAfA28g0I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

w00tmonger posted:

Speaking of setting, I've got some nuts 6gb card and am only running 1080p on my projector. Any tricks I can pull to really crank the graphics in this game?

Turn everything up to ultra and use something like SSAA/downscaling.

• Locked thread