Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Effie is good 100% because of Wary Fighter, since it means that even when someone comes at her with type advantage they rarely can actually finish her. If you don't have a strong green unit in arena she's a legit nightmare to deal with simply because you end up having to commit so many resources to her that it can leave you in a bad spot. Effie is great and Draug and Sheena are mediocre entirely because armors draw unfavorable matchups and Effie can deal with them while Draug and Sheena cannot.

tithin posted:

HEARD YOU TALKING poo poo LIKE I WOULDN'T FIND OUT

3/10 tree not big enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

akulanization posted:

3/10 tree not big enough.
I'm more impressed that it's been pulled clean in half.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Man, hacking this game sounds fun but on the other hand, getting banned for hacking in the 5*s I want would suck.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't see what's so fun about hacking but I shall not shame.

Unless they break my win streak then they can gently caress OFF!!!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't see what's so fun about hacking but I shall not shame.

Unless they break my win streak then they can gently caress OFF!!!

Look I'd like Azura Kagero Hector and Takumi and that's just not happening any other way

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I just want rare characters because the point of a Fire Emblem game like this is presumably to use all your favorites. If you never draw your favorites then it sucks.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
After actually looking into how to do it I...think I might be good :stare:

I'll just relax and hope I don't run into too many +10 Takumis.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
One of the normal mode March quests is to defeat five enemies with an armored unit

Get hosed if you didn't pull one, I guess. Hopefully Zephiel shows up in the grand hero battle before March is over.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Has anyone seen Anna or Sharena +x?

I'm still not seeing any actual proof of hacking that affects the game for others.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
Spent close to $1000 building my team only to get pitted with the +10 dipshits. I've read about them on the forums yesterday and today but didn't think I would actually see them in action myself. Rest assured Nintendo, I'll be no longer dropping any cash on you, new banners or not, until the cheating has been controlled. Understood that cheating can never go away permanently but they need to at least start the banhammer asap. If not adios, off to whale another game

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

General Morden posted:

Spent close to $1000 building my team only to get pitted with the +10 dipshits. I've read about them on the forums yesterday and today but didn't think I would actually see them in action myself. Rest assured Nintendo, I'll be no longer dropping any cash on you, new banners or not, until the cheating has been controlled. Understood that cheating can never go away permanently but they need to at least start the banhammer asap. If not adios, off to whale another game

How do you know when it's a cheater versus an another whale?

'cause they match whales against whales.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

General Morden posted:

Source your quotes

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
who spend $1000 on a mobile game

especially one that's less than a month old

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

General Morden posted:

You haven't fooled me, you scallywag.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Clarste posted:

I just want rare characters because the point of a Fire Emblem game like this is presumably to use all your favorites. If you never draw your favorites then it sucks.

Your favorite character is poo poo, loses to Virion, and probably wears a pot on his head

Sorry

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tired Moritz posted:

who spend $1000 on a mobile game

especially one that's less than a month old
I know a guy who spent like $1000 on the first day of service so...

Basically: You make shittons of money + You don't really spend outside your hobby + The mobile game satisfies your hobby is some way.
Dude's an investment banker and dedicates pretty much all his disposable income (which is a lot) towards weeb stuff and waifus.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Mar 1, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

endlessmonotony posted:

Has anyone seen Anna or Sharena +x?

I'm still not seeing any actual proof of hacking that affects the game for others.

Not just a river in Egypt.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
No March arena missions?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

sassassin posted:

Not just a river in Egypt.

idk if you're being set up with Takumi/Hector's with 10+, you're probably a whale and deserve to be punished

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Okay, so I linked up to my Nintendo account from my current android phone that is currently not charging because Sony can't make a decent loving phone worth a drat. If I get a replacement phone that's also an android device, download the app and link that to my Nintendo account, all my orbs and characters and progress should be okay, right?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Kyte posted:

Dude's an investment banker and dedicates pretty much all his disposable income (which is a lot) towards weeb stuff and waifus.

sounds like a helluva guy

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Roger Explosion posted:

Okay, so I linked up to my Nintendo account from my current android phone that is currently not charging because Sony can't make a decent loving phone worth a drat. If I get a replacement phone that's also an android device, download the app and link that to my Nintendo account, all my orbs and characters and progress should be okay, right?

Yes.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tired Moritz posted:

idk if you're being set up with Takumi/Hector's with 10+, you're probably a whale and deserve to be punished

iirc Takumi's stats aren't that high so at +10 he's equivalent to lots of normal 5*s in matchups.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
+10 Takumi is equivalent to a normal Hector. He suffers the standard ranged unit penalty.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
So I finally pulled the trigger on a 5* Anna (Effie and Sharena will have to wait, lack of blue characters be damned) and, holy crap, she is a bloody freight train. She hits hard and fast so Astra charges quicker than you'd think and she doesn't get doubled that much, Vantage 3 is wonderful bait/an rear end saver and Nóatún is just the best, you guys. It's either a Get Out of Jail Free card or a means to smack a mage in the face for harassing your knight (sup Robin). I can't wait for skill inheritance so i can offload Threaten Attack 3 and Defense +3 to patch her glass cannon-ness.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Each unit that dies lowers the points you get from that fight.

You need a better arena strategy.

Although your points on Effie are valid.

I didn't know that! Thanks.

Question: do you have to get someone up to level 20 before you can boost their star count? I didn't realize that Sharena was good; I want to pair her with Effie for lance-only missions but she's only a two-star at the moment.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

surf rock posted:

Question: do you have to get someone up to level 20 before you can boost their star count? I didn't realize that Sharena was good; I want to pair her with Effie for lance-only missions but she's only a two-star at the moment.

Yes.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

sassassin posted:

No March arena missions?

Hopefully a week in like last month's. Really sucks if not.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Which day of the week have they been updating the banners?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Roger Explosion posted:

So I finally pulled the trigger on a 5* Anna (Effie and Sharena will have to wait, lack of blue characters be damned) and, holy crap, she is a bloody freight train. She hits hard and fast so Astra charges quicker than you'd think and she doesn't get doubled that much, Vantage 3 is wonderful bait/an rear end saver and Nóatún is just the best, you guys. It's either a Get Out of Jail Free card or a means to smack a mage in the face for harassing your knight (sup Robin). I can't wait for skill inheritance so i can offload Threaten Attack 3 and Defense +3 to patch her glass cannon-ness.

yeah Anna is amazing. I 5*'d her immediately and don't regret it at all. She eats blue characters alive, tome users especially with her high res and speed. A very good anti-robin, imo

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
So I think this is pretty definitive proof (if the screenshot is real) that the servers are accepting edited Client-side data as legitimate

http://imgur.com/a/M8uSM

a guy is running into a lvl 40 Xander in Arena lmao.

Welp. Nintendo don goofed real bad.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 1, 2017

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Wassbix posted:

So I think this is pretty definitive proof (if the screenshot is real) that the servers are accepted edited Client-side data as legitimate

http://imgur.com/a/M8uSM

a guy is running into a lvl 40 Xander in Arena lmao.

Welp. Nintendo don goofed real bad.
I sure hope that Xander has a negative Res stat because it is comically low. Effie and Robin say hi.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

They just updated their TOS, I had to accept one to play today. I didn't read it, natch, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a response to the hacking.

And lol at people demanding perfect, clear evidence that anyone would ever dare cheat at a mobile game.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

AlphaKretin posted:

They just updated their TOS, I had to accept one to play today. I didn't read it, natch, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a response to the hacking.

And lol at people demanding perfect, clear evidence that anyone would ever dare cheat at a mobile game.

It's moreso people wanted proof because if real it speaks volumes on how incompetent Nintendo is.

Hex-editing clientside data to cheat in mobile games has been around since rooted phones, but no one with two braincells would setup a system where the server trusts clientside data over the server data.

Like Nintendo has literally been defeated by a Gameshark Engine in TYOOL 2017. How sad is that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

AlphaKretin posted:

It mostly about being allowed to sell your phone number and other data, and ties in with the Switch terms or something, I didn't read it properly either.

And you don't have to agree to it, if you back out and restart it just assumes you did.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

sassassin posted:

And you don't have to agree to it, if you back out and restart it just assumes you did.

Hahaha holy poo poo

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

AlphaKretin posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo

yeah I thought something bad happened because it asked me to link to my nintendo account again (wut?) so I closed out of it, opened the game and it just started as normal.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
No surprise there, it's Nintendo. I am surprised they have the accounts even working.

I think if they made the leaderboards public the hacking would be super obvious. Wouldn't surprise me if they locked them in anticipation.

I'm still not really impacted personally so I don't give a poo poo.

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light

Rascyc posted:

No surprise there, it's Nintendo. I am surprised they have the accounts even working.

I haven't tried to recover one yet but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Severedseven posted:

I haven't tried to recover one yet but I wouldn't hold my breath.

It's pretty simple, you just mail them your phone and...