Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah that was thankfully fixed a while back, in theory all you need to do is have the ship bought/unlocked and talk to the ship manager and the admiralty card will pop in. In practice you probably have to open the ship selection window and wait fifteen seconds for the server to actually register it but it's otherwise surprisingly flawless as cryptic code goes.

FuturePastNow posted:

That's really weird because I've always been under the impression that every shipyard vendor in the game is exactly the same, and it just checks your character's "permissions" (faction etc) to know what to show you. That's why you don't have to go to the fleet starbase to buy fleet ships, for example. But if they have to code each one individually that's both very stupid and very Cryptic.
:shrug: You're probably vastly overestimating Cryptic's coding competence here, I wouldn't be surprised that not only are all the ship vendors separate but there's somehow different shop for each possible race/faction combination or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Now it's auto-populating as soon as I bring up the whole Doff/Admiralty/R&D thing.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Man, the new mission Knowledge is Power is straight up bad. You have to run as a garbage NPC (so everything you've earned is locked away) on the ground with no autofire (what the actual gently caress), fighting hordes of enemies. It's time-gated, it's enemy-spam, it's just a pile of poo poo all around.

My captain is still in orbit, so where are these literally hundreds of ground enemies beaming in from? And why are there feds on this otherwise Klank map?

It feels like a mission out of 2012 or 2013. It's that bad.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

MREBoy posted:

So what sort of joke setup ships do people have ? This is one of mine:

Corvette. All of the speed/turn/inertia modifiers you can pack on it. Pilot teams, epte, aux to damp, rcs consoles, that go-fast console from a mission reward, pilot spec, evasive maneuvers engine, etc.

Cannon scatter volley. Turrets all around.

Take it to Azure Nebula Rescue. Drift donuts around pubbies. You're so fast that you should just mash spacebar to get between astroids rather than changing your speed.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

MREBoy posted:

So what sort of joke setup ships do people have ? This is one of mine:

8 tetryon turrets + CRF + APU Cruiser = Gatling Gun effect because the ship model for whatever reason only emits turret shots from the very top and very bottom center spires on the model. Add in some sources of +Power and +Dmg along with a couple of single target debuffs and I was melting stuff in the Starbase 1 TFO in not so bad times. I can probably turn this up some more because all the weapons are 12 Rare and I had a bunch of Sci traits slotted

For a while I ran a Risian Luxury Cruiser with eight different types of beams. The ship had a neon pink color scheme as well.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
New legendary pack: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483463
B'rel's the first announced part of it. From the silhouette it looks like the Fed ships are the Excelsior and Ambassador class ships, so we'll get the rest of the Enterprises.

Also, lol at charging almost as much as the previous 10-pack for a 4-pack this time.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

g0del posted:

New legendary pack: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483463
B'rel's the first announced part of it. From the silhouette it looks like the Fed ships are the Excelsior and Ambassador class ships, so we'll get the rest of the Enterprises.

Also, lol at charging almost as much as the previous 10-pack for a 4-pack this time.

Other silhouette looks like a second B'Rel variant.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Cythereal posted:

Other silhouette looks like a second B'Rel variant.
It does, but that would be incredibly dumb, even by cryptic's standards. Also, look at the launcher, it has all the ships shown. B'rel, Vor'Cha, Ambassador, and Excelsior.
Edit: image, for people who have jobs and in case cryptic fixes it:

g0del fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 29, 2021

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

g0del posted:

It does, but that would be incredibly dumb, even by cryptic's standards. Also, look at the launcher, it has all the ships shown. B'rel, Vor'Cha, Ambassador, and Excelsior.

I'm at work so I can't check the launcher, I was just going off by the article image.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'll just beam into spacedock OH OH GOD

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I wish the B'Rel was 5/1 but the pilot abilities are gonna be fun.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

theres so much bullshit in that bundle just to blow up the price like they keys, the crossfaction flying and all of the 11x stuff
no D7 seems to be a high indicator that theyre gonna sell that and other ships as seperate "legendary" packs to squeeze that tit

edit: the anniversary event ship even is a better raider than the Legendary B'Rel, 4/2 weapon layout really? the pilot maneuvers on it dont help that

Teron D Amun fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 29, 2021

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016
Kael confirms there will NOT be a big KDF bundle coming:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l7z2dw/pro_tip_read_the_actual_title_of_the_bundle/gla01rn/

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

YEAR. OF. KLINGON.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

quote:

There may be other Legendary Bundles this year, including one I think you'll like based on the reaction today, but they will be on the scale of the Romulan, Discovery and Mirror Bundles.

thats gotta be the D7 then

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm a tad confused about how to apply to join TheNextGooneration/the fleets. What's my @ handle supposed to be? I'm missing something obvious, right?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

There may be other Legendary Bundles this year, including one I think you'll like based on the reaction today, but they will be on the scale of the Romulan, Discovery and Mirror Bundles.
Oh get hosed Kael, I'm not paying almost two hundred dollars for a whopping four ships, especially when you coyly tease you'll probably do it again this year too you cheap bastards. You could get away with it with the first bundle because it was like ten hero ships and several of them were lockbox ships, this is just silly now.

Also :lol: year of the klingon.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Teron D Amun posted:

thats gotta be the D7 then
Which one? They've made three of the things.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh yeah don't forget all the price padding cruft doesn't include any experimental upgrades either so they're fully 3zpextinf you to spend another 20+ bucks atop the bundle for "full" functionality. :jerkbag:

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

Oh yeah don't forget all the price padding cruft doesn't include any experimental upgrades either so they're fully 3zpextinf you to spend another 20+ bucks atop the bundle for "full" functionality. :jerkbag:
No, it includes 6 X upgrades. Still a bad deal, but at least you can -X all six ships you can get from it. I just hope the next single ship bundles don't include any more level 65 boosts. Those things are super worthless, especially considering how much Cryptic seems to think they're worth.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

g0del posted:

No, it includes 6 X upgrades. Still a bad deal, but at least you can -X all six ships you can get from it. I just hope the next single ship bundles don't include any more level 65 boosts. Those things are super worthless, especially considering how much Cryptic seems to think they're worth.

oh you just know it, TOS Era D7 bundled with a KDF 65 boost long after everyone got their recruit to max level

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

g0del posted:

Oh whoops, that's not as bad then. Not that it isn't still bad.

Honestly I would have been happier to see these as $60 legendary "bundles" rather than a big pack since at least I could just grab the B'rel and be done with it. But not throwing in a D7 variant or some other previous lockbox ship is insulting.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l81ay2/can_i_ask_a_quick_dumb_favor/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Hey guys being a community manager and announcing progressively worse monetisation attempts is hard, but what REALLY makes it challenging is being tagged on Reddit and having to load a thread.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Coq au Nandos posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l81ay2/can_i_ask_a_quick_dumb_favor/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Hey guys being a community manager and announcing progressively worse monetisation attempts is hard, but what REALLY makes it challenging is being tagged on Reddit and having to load a thread.

Lol that is some weak rear end lazy poo poo.

It's a couple of loving mouse clicks ffs.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

I truly can't understand how instant access to the all-ships all-factions thing is a selling point for that bundle for anyone but the laziest, wealthiest person. It takes a week playing casually a hour or two to get a KDF character to 65, much less if there's an XP event weekend on. It's literally nothing.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It adds ten dollars of "value" that costs them nothing to give away since almost everyone buying it has it. That's it realky.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I am pleased to report that disco klingons are the new meta

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Outfitting my new klingon with event stuff - what seasonal modules are good?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

All I know offhand is 1) the risian kit frame is absurdly good, especially if you can slap 2-3 summer kitsch on it, but mostly if you reengineer it before you improve the quality so you can mqx out the amount of +kitperf, and 2) the ball lightning and... uh, gravimetric whatever modules are really good too. That's a lot of lolnauts though.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Sometimes the game tries to play two voice files at the same time. During the Klingon tutorial, upon entering sector space for the first time, it plays the tutorial computer voice and the Leonard Nimoy file for Klingon space at the same. When handing in a mission, sometimes it has the mission-giver talking and the "Level up" voice actor talking at the same time, and it's worse when it's a level which triggers a tutorial with a computer voice. It'd be useful if they could delay either of the sound files until a second after the other is done in that situation. In the NPC mission situation, I can click out of the window and start it from the beginning, at least.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Makes sense. The purpose of a sales bundle is to sell.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Here's my team for the Klingon Recruitment Event, aside from K'Gan.

Captain: Arketh Ulani Rejal

Captain of the I.K.S. Dar'Kek. Against the wishes of her family, at the age of 18, Rejal joined the True Way terrorist faction of Cardassians attempting to restore a fascist government. In 2396, she helped sneak at least 75 warships off Cardassia Prime. As it became clear that the organization's efforts were fruitless to restore Cardassia to its former fascist "glory", Arketh sought refuge and purpose in building a new Empire as an ally to the Klingons.

Seeking enrollment in the Klingon Defense Force, Rejal was initially denied on the grounds that the previous Cardassian government was without honor as a purveyor of concentration camps, and the True Way terrorist faction hides and sneaks in remote corners of the galaxy like cowards. Lingering on Qo'nos as a dishwasher in a bar and grill next to a back-alley slum, every once in a while Rejal would hear news concerning Cardassian and Bajoran relations. Later, she was hired as a cook on the I.K.S. Dar'Kek. As her curiosity continued to grow, she sought out holo-footage concerning Bajor from the Klingon point of view, trying to reconcile it with the Cardassian propaganda.

Eventually, the dam broke and the realization of the magnitude of Cardassia's crimes broke through. Suddenly a tabula rasa without any other moral guidance, Rejal internalized that honor can only be found through the field of battle and committed to living the life of a warrior. She sought guidance on the teachings of Kahless from her crewmates and trained in the Holodeck to fight Starfleet officers. Again applying to the Klingon Defense Force with the recommendation of several crewmates, she was accepted into Klingon Academy.

During this time, Rejal reached out to her family via subspace and reconciled. As Cardassia itself grew closer ties with the Federation, the alliance between the Federation and the Klingon Empire was threatened by a series of incidents involving Species 8472 infiltration of the Gorn government, Federation reluctance to join the Klingon Empire in what they believed was a border war, and a rogue Federation ship attempting to intervene on the Gorn's behalf. Renewed family ties became threatened by the dawn of war...

I like playing the melee combat as 5'6". It makes the NPCs a little taller and more intimidating so it's more fun to punch them or slice them in the stomach in this "That's my purse! I don't know you!" kind of way.

Science Officer: Gesengrella "Grella" Ch'Rad

She is the product of a Gorn experiment to make KDF Aenars, motivated by historical research into the 2150s Romulan kidnapping of Aenar for use as pilots. She was freed at the age of 11 by KDF forces at the end of the Gorn War. She became a scientist instead of a pilot, sparked by curiosity concerning her genetics and the homeworlds of her genetic contributors.

(I tweaked the default KDF female alien by adding hair to hide the weird horror-vagina on the back of her skull and changed the make-up.)

Chief Engineer: Pavello

The Lethean in the crew in the revamped tutorial had the kind of surprisingly regular-human voice that I imagined he'd have.

Chief Tactical Officer: Larzo Mebet

The random Orion generator gave me a regular-sized version of a dwarf with a shrunken head, so I changed it so he kind of looks like Gimli. I was thinking of a tall, narrow Orion with hair and a goatee or soul patch, but the "epic beard" is the only facial hair option for Orions anyway.

I'd probably add a Kentari female on there, as some "You wallow in your own filth like a targ, but you fight like a Klingon!" gimmick

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 31, 2021

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

This is the Fek'Ihri console from the second anniversary episode after being fully upgraded. Is it my imagination or is this gonna make a lot of Sci powers even more stupidly overpowered ? I have 4 Temporal powers + a Radiation applying secondary deflector in use on my sort of main sciboat and all of the Temporals list Physical damage as their type.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

the console is apparently meta for Space Magic now

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Something that I noticed that made me lol while doing the new eps is the inconsistency on how the actors (and Cryptic) were pronouncing/spelling Fek'ihri. Sometimes it's Fek'Ihri (capital I after the k) and pronounced like FEK-LAHR or FEK-LAHR-E, and then its Fek'ihri (lower case i) and pronounced like FEK-ERIE. On the console screenshot above its got the lower case i, but I've seen several upper case examples floating about.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

MREBoy posted:

Something that I noticed that made me lol while doing the new eps is the inconsistency on how the actors (and Cryptic) were pronouncing/spelling Fek'ihri. Sometimes it's Fek'Ihri (capital I after the k) and pronounced like FEK-LAHR or FEK-LAHR-E, and then its Fek'ihri (lower case i) and pronounced like FEK-ERIE. On the console screenshot above its got the lower case i, but I've seen several upper case examples floating about.
You can blame the show's writers for this. The Fek'lhr comes from a TNG episode, and the script uses a lowercase L and specifies that the pronunciation is FECK-luhr. Then in a DS9 episode they talk about the Fek'Ihri written with a capital i and pronounced that way. Cryptic decided to make the Fek'Ihri (with an i) who were never shown in the show look like the Fek'lhr (with an L), and made the Fek'lhr (with an L) a boss in some of the Fek'Ihri (with an i) missions. It's not exactly surprising that some of the text and voiceovers got it mixed up.

In other news, the Legendary Excelsior's stats are available. Unsurprisingly, it's better than the current T6 version. I'm not super excited about the seating, but it's workable. Also, either the announcement is wrong, or Cryptic realized that there weren't really enough previous excelsior's to make a legendary out of and they pulled the starship trait from the Earhart/Sech to add to it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

For the melee kills cheevo on new klingons, melee boff kills do NOT count, but melee pet kills DO.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

g0del posted:

In other news, the Legendary Excelsior's stats are available. Unsurprisingly, it's better than the current T6 version. I'm not super excited about the seating, but it's workable. Also, either the announcement is wrong, or Cryptic realized that there weren't really enough previous excelsior's to make a legendary out of and they pulled the starship trait from the Earhart/Sech to add to it.

If only the Commander seat was Pilot. Let me spin a Cruiser around with Pilot maneuvers, Cryptic!

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

The new space trait you get from ambush kills is apparently bugged, it'll get you stuck in combat anytime your team is in combat, like say, during a TFO, making it impossible to catch up with anything.

Which wouldn't be a problem if it didn't keep insist on automatically slotting itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Is there something that says how long I have to wait until I can get another event credit? I could swear it's been 0 hours but I did the dumb STF and nothing.