Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

chaoslord posted:

Hi all, stickup got me watching hockey and I have Eastside Hockey Manager on steam so I decided "Well I might as well do Mafia Hockey."

Picking a semi random team, I have decided to replace Arizona Coyotes with Mumbles Scumhunters. I'm gonna do a random draft to rebuild the league so I can't just look up "Who should I try to sign?"

Quote this post or PM me if you would like to be included, preferably with a position you would like to play.

I know nothing about hockey. I hope I do not get fired in the first season :ohdear:

Put me on defense, coach. The perfect blend of not having slapshots sent at my face and not needing to skate the entire rink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

Hi all, stickup got me watching hockey and I have Eastside Hockey Manager on steam so I decided "Well I might as well do Mafia Hockey."

Picking a semi random team, I have decided to replace Arizona Coyotes with Mumbles Scumhunters. I'm gonna do a random draft to rebuild the league so I can't just look up "Who should I try to sign?"

Quote this post or PM me if you would like to be included, preferably with a position you would like to play.

I know nothing about hockey. I hope I do not get fired in the first season :ohdear:

Someone already sniped goalie so put me on defense somewhere

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

This process is definitely not as friendly as it was in Football Manager, jeez. Here's what I'm looking at currently, based on the AI auto generating a depth chart for me

Goalies: Birdstrike (#1)

Defense: Hats (#1), Poque (#2), Keane (#3), Asiina (#4)

Left Wingers:edit Pinterest Mom (#1) not pictured, Podima (#2)

Centers: Fisk (#1), Stickup (#2), Wren (#3)

Right Wingers: Moat (#1)

Podima you said you wanted to be a physical player last night and defense got full quick (and hats is a finesse defense) so I put you as the #2 LW because he is a hot prospect and also a physical player. Moat you would have been the 4th center so I put you as a RW that can also play center, although based on this depth chart that probably won't happen.

If anyone would like to be in a different position or anyone else would like to join, please let me know!

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 15, 2017

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Looks good buddy! Forgot I already answered you last night, haha

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Updated with lines

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Excellent CL, now just sit back and let the hatricks roll in

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Put me in as Left Right Out

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'll be a prospect if you want, make me the player most emblematic of the Philadelphia Flyers hockey team.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I'll be the striker and cherry pick everything

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I still need a few more for my game!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816882

the player list looks really strong so far, don't you want to be part of this? I've also started working on some of the role PMs so maybe it'll actually start a reasonable time after it fills! wouldn't that be neat!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

On the first day of the week, Mary of Magdala came to the tomb early in the morning, while it was still dark, and saw the stone removed from the tomb. So she ran and went to Simon Peter and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and told them, “They have taken the Lord from the tomb, and we don’t know where they put him.” So Peter and the other disciple went out and came to the tomb. They both ran, but the other disciple ran faster than Peter and arrived at the tomb first; he bent down and saw the burial cloths there, but did not go in. When Simon Peter arrived after him, he went into the tomb and saw the burial cloths there, and the cloth that had covered his head, not with the burial cloths but rolled up in a separate place. Then the other disciple also went in, the one who had arrived at the tomb first, and he saw and believed.

HAPPY EASTER

May each of you, regardless of faith, have a truly blessed day. God has conquered death itself for his love for us. Eat bread, and drink wine and milk! Rejoice, and be glad.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
blessed are the cheesemakers

apparently

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
There's a lincoln log in me sock drawer

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

awakening>fates, and kart>maker

mario maker 3ds doesn't have most of the online sharing features so is kinda garbo

but you should know if you'd rather play a very good waifu strategy rpg or a very good mario kart that's not a decision anyone else can make for you

I ended up getting Awakening. Biting the bullet, despite having trouble getting into these games due to Anime plots. Now do I refrain from getting all the DLC...

MrThingyman
Mar 8, 2014
Update on The Mafia Championship

Exciting news: We are expanding to 150 participating communities, which is more than last season. In fact, we may even go for 165 communities depending on how some invitations go.

On that note, if you know of a community that might be interested in participating and isn't on the list in the linked post, let me know and I'll be happy to give them an invitation: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now%21?p=1070949&viewfull=1#post1070949

Since none of the representatives chosen at this point have indicated that they can only play if their game starts April 24, I have made the decision that the qualifying phase won't begin until May 1st in order to allow me more time to get everything properly organized and to get all representatives properly prepared. This will have no impact on the overall schedule for this season; the qualifying phase will still be wrapped up by early July, after which we dive into the wildcard games followed by the finale game.

As for how to spectate your representative (Lumpen), I'll get back to you with more info on that, but cliffs: Your community may of course create your own private spectator chat (that your rep can't access), but the general spectator chat (where all communities gather and chat together) will be on Discord this year. If you want an invite to the server already now, just write me.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Come join my game! Only need 3 more!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816882

its me glenda posted:

if this fires by tomorrow i will make another Awful Survivor within the next 4 months.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tempting, but I think I'm going to have to politely decline.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

You two need to kiss and make up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The makeup sex gonna be cray cray

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I am in porbland.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
easter sucks!!!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

You should have mentioned that I'm playing this game! It wouldn't have helped!

But 3 more people should sign up for this game.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tommunist posted:

easter sucks!!!

hey bsbu

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

(by dbd)

from the dude who brought you failed (but fun) concept games "the death of cecilia" and the "bodega murder mystery" but also the triumph of crime scene last year~

• starting some time in may, has been in the works for almost a year now off and on! i'd like this to grow into a potential series of games (hopefully).
  • detective teams of two scour environments, interview suspects, and flirt with danger, death and bamboozling from detectives and suspects alike with the objective of looking for clues, analyzing them, and trying to piece everything together to catch a murderer. (exact specifications will be given in thread, but trust me, it will be tough to solve).
  • there may or may not be rogue detectives helping the suspect!
  • there will be a few really cool mechanics in this game that i won't reveal yet.
  • you can pre-sign up, but you can also wait for the thread to be posted in a month. just PM me if you have any interest.
  • there are three sorts of roles you're able to sign up for. detective team roles (of 2), suspect roles (1), and forensics/other roles (coroner, etc). the latter is for people who want to be involved but don't have to be as active (there will be only a limited amount of these roles).

let's have a fun!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

(by dbd)

from the dude who brought you failed (but fun) concept games "the death of cecilia" and the "bodega murder mystery" but also the triumph of crime scene last year~

• starting some time in may, has been in the works for almost a year now off and on! i'd like this to grow into a potential series of games (hopefully).
  • detective teams of two scour environments, interview suspects, and flirt with danger, death and bamboozling from detectives and suspects alike with the objective of looking for clues, analyzing them, and trying to piece everything together to catch a murderer. (exact specifications will be given in thread, but trust me, it will be tough to solve).
  • there will be a few really cool mechanics in this game that i won't reveal yet.
  • you can pre-sign up, but you can also wait for the thread to be posted in a month. just PM me if you have any interest.
  • there are three sorts of roles you're able to sign up for. detective team roles (of 2), suspect roles (1), and forensics/other roles (coroner, etc). the latter is for people who want to be involved but don't have to be as active (there will be only a limited amount of these roles).

let's have a fun!

yowza bowza this looks cool

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

hey sup birbstirk

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Deadbeat Dad posted:

(by dbd)

let's have a fun!

this sounds real cool.

is this actually mafia?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Little Mac posted:

this sounds real cool.

is this actually mafia?

mafia-like at best, but not exactly mafia

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm signing up for that so hard as long as you don't call it mafia.

drat

(All of DBD's games are amazing everybody)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Are people not playing Mafia anymore? Like, actively going "Mafia bad" for real? Is it dead?????

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidthulhu posted:

Are people not playing Mafia anymore? Like, actively going "Mafia bad" for real? Is it dead?????

What is dead can never die

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

I think there is some bit of bad blood between players atm which is effecting things.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Quidthulhu posted:

Nah Ecco has a largeish game about to start, Pod has one a few days in and the myst game is taking up a lot of people's time I think

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quidthulhu posted:

why would you say that? my last few games have had plenty of postings.

join my game imo

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
There are three active games with a big 24 person game nearly full. Fits is opening a Soliders game soon. Pera's Myst game is taking up a lot of attention.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm too busy to play right now but the thread has been dead as poo poo and DBD bringing up a not-mafia game and being met with cries of "yes! I shall play this, for it is not the Devil's Mafia!" made me confused. But carry on, angry goons, carry on.

I'll be back to play the mafs in mid May/June.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

He said, rolling into the thread and telling everyone their social interactions are not to his liking, having primarily been absent from said thread!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This thread generally sucks.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
not true, sometimes i dont post in it for a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

busb do you still play League and sigh heavily at bads like Mannii & Lum?