Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

Mak0rz posted:

In the comments I learn that libertarians believe Robin Hood is about how taxation is theft and that he reclaims taxes from the state to return them to the citizens or something.

https://twitter.com/YALiberty/status/999651360604815360?s=19

So. Close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Nightgull posted:

So. Close.

Especially when their property is you.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Every interaction I've had with libertarians starts off good then inevitably turns into insanity, like

Libertarians: "Capitalism is killing people and people shouldn't have to sell their labour to not die"
Me: "yes agreed good message"
Libertarians: "which is why taxes and age of consent laws must be repealed. Also corporations are good."
Me: "how did we get here"

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"To say you have a claim to my property..."

"Redistribute women so I can get laid"

:thunk:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
They have a claim to the roads they built, for starters. Get paying.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
"I have a meme page with over 14k likes"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Monkeytime posted:

Metal drama could easily be its own spin-off thread

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I was walking around in a Big Bazar store shopping, when I saw a Cashier talking to a boy couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old ...

The Cashier said : _"I'm sorry, but you don't have enough money to buy this doll."_

Then the little boy turned to the cashier and asked : _"Are you sure I don't have enough money?''_

The cashier counted his cash once again and replied : _"You know that you don't have enough money to buy the doll, my dear.''_

But the little boy was still holding the doll in his hand. Finally, I walked toward him and I asked him who he wished to give this doll to.

_"It's the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much. I wanted to Gift her for her BIRTHDAY. I have to give the doll to my mommy so that she can give it to my sister when she goes there."_

His eyes were so sad while saying this, _"My Sister has gone to be with God ... Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so I thought that she could take the doll with her to give it to my sister.''_

My heart nearly stopped. The little boy looked up at me and said : _"I told daddy to tell mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait until I come back from the mall."_

Then he showed me a very nice photo of him where he was laughing. He then told me : _"I want mommy to take my picture with her so my sister won't forget me. I love my mommy and I wish she doesn't have to leave me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my little sister."_
Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly ...

I quickly reached for my wallet and said to the boy : _"Suppose we check again, just in case you do have enough money for the doll?''_

_"OK"_ he said, _"I hope I do have enough."_

I added some of my money to his without him seeing and we started to count it. There was enough for the doll and even some spare money.

The little boy said : _"Thank you God for giving me enough money!"_

Then he looked at me and added : _"I asked last night before I went to sleep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll, so that mommy could give It to my sister ... and He heard me ! I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I didn't dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll and a white rose. My mommy loves white roses."_

I finished my shopping in a totally different state from when I started. I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind.

Then I remembered a local news paper article two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young woman and a little girl. The little girl died right away, and the mother was left in a critical state. The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the life-sustaining machine, because the young woman would not be able to recover from the coma. Was this the family of the little boy?

Two days after this encounter with the little boy, I read in the news paper that the young woman had passed away. I couldn't stop myself as I bought a bunch of white roses and I went to the funeral home where the body of the young woman was exposed for people to see and make last wishes before her burial.

She was there, in her coffin ... holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her chest.

I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had been changed for ever ...
The Trust that the little boy had for God who answer prayer and love for his mother and his sister is still, to this day, hard to imagine. And in a fraction of a second, a drunk driver had taken all this away from him.

*Please DO NOT DRINK & DRIVE.*

Now you have 3 choices ...

1) Share this message, or

2) Believe and accept that there is a God that answer prayer and a God that will give you salvation. Or

3) Ignore it as if it never touched your heart.

For those who prefer to think that God is not watching over us ... go ahead and delete this.
For the rest of us ... pass this on.
Love your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind just like the small boy and Love your neighbor as yourself.
Do this and you will live.

“don’t drink and drive”

Even if you do not believe that there is a God or don't drink alcohol at all, please spread the awareness.....

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/BadSmashTweets/status/1000785183409344512?s=19

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Monkeytime posted:

Is throwing a dildo at metal bands a meme now? Is this Loss somehow?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

:frogon:

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

I'm going to need context for this.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Please tell me this is in response to that article that went around recently telling people in the community to shower every now and then.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Mak0rz posted:

In the comments I learn that libertarians believe Robin Hood is about how taxation is theft and that he reclaims taxes from the state to return them to the citizens or something.

https://twitter.com/YALiberty/status/999651360604815360?s=19

I thought that all of the Harry Potter hot takes were bad (they still are) but this is the most disconnected lovely pop culture=politics I have ever seen. How do you turn take from the rich give to the poor into that?

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I was walking around in a Big Bazar store shopping, when I saw a Cashier talking to a boy couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old ...

The Cashier said : _"I'm sorry, but you don't have enough money to buy this doll."_

Then the little boy turned to the cashier and asked : _"Are you sure I don't have enough money?''_

The cashier counted his cash once again and replied : _"You know that you don't have enough money to buy the doll, my dear.''_

But the little boy was still holding the doll in his hand. Finally, I walked toward him and I asked him who he wished to give this doll to.

_"It's the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much. I wanted to Gift her for her BIRTHDAY. I have to give the doll to my mommy so that she can give it to my sister when she goes there."_

His eyes were so sad while saying this, _"My Sister has gone to be with God ... Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so I thought that she could take the doll with her to give it to my sister.''_

My heart nearly stopped. The little boy looked up at me and said : _"I told daddy to tell mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait until I come back from the mall."_

Then he showed me a very nice photo of him where he was laughing. He then told me : _"I want mommy to take my picture with her so my sister won't forget me. I love my mommy and I wish she doesn't have to leave me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my little sister."_
Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly ...

I quickly reached for my wallet and said to the boy : _"Suppose we check again, just in case you do have enough money for the doll?''_

_"OK"_ he said, _"I hope I do have enough."_

I added some of my money to his without him seeing and we started to count it. There was enough for the doll and even some spare money.

The little boy said : _"Thank you God for giving me enough money!"_

Then he looked at me and added : _"I asked last night before I went to sleep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll, so that mommy could give It to my sister ... and He heard me ! I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I didn't dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll and a white rose. My mommy loves white roses."_

I finished my shopping in a totally different state from when I started. I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind.

Then I remembered a local news paper article two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young woman and a little girl. The little girl died right away, and the mother was left in a critical state. The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the life-sustaining machine, because the young woman would not be able to recover from the coma. Was this the family of the little boy?

Two days after this encounter with the little boy, I read in the news paper that the young woman had passed away. I couldn't stop myself as I bought a bunch of white roses and I went to the funeral home where the body of the young woman was exposed for people to see and make last wishes before her burial.

She was there, in her coffin ... holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her chest.

I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had been changed for ever ...
The Trust that the little boy had for God who answer prayer and love for his mother and his sister is still, to this day, hard to imagine. And in a fraction of a second, a drunk driver had taken all this away from him.

*Please DO NOT DRINK & DRIVE.*

Now you have 3 choices ...

1) Share this message, or

2) Believe and accept that there is a God that answer prayer and a God that will give you salvation. Or

For those who prefer to think that God is not watching over us ... go ahead and delete this.
For the rest of us ... pass this on.
Love your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind just like the small boy and Love your neighbor as yourself.
Do this and you will live.

“don’t drink and drive”

Even if you do not believe that there is a God or don't drink alcohol at all, please spread the awareness.....

This is just Christmas Shoes with a drunk driver. I do not like, and have no plans to share.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’m going to drink and drive just to spite that kid

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

it was this

I love these things

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

it was this

I love these things

A car with wheels uses no moving parts?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
The non-moving parts on that car look suspiciously like wheels.

Also I know it’s stupid Facebook spam claptrap but doll + white roses story there did tug on my heartstrings some.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Phone posting so no screen shots, sorry.

https://twitter.com/Damac1214/status/1000792912685404161?s=19

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

"But it's my jawwb"

Maybe they'd be happier once they realized that not literally every piece of art has to be for them.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ularg posted:

"But it's my jawwb"

Maybe they'd be happier once they realized that not literally every piece of art has to be for them.

I enjoy the comment where someone says the movie "gives up and plays the Empire soundtrack".

Do... do they not... understand theme music?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

This is the best.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Jippa posted:

This is the best.

This is America.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Krispy Wafer posted:

Scholtz? Tastes more like Schlitz.

How is that an insult? Schlitz is a good cheap beer.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

hanales posted:

What made roasts funny in the past is that they were generally specific jokes about a persons flaws and features. The jokes were personal, the people knew each other, and there was a sense of camaraderie.

The reddit ones are strangers so they are just generic one liners trying to out edge each other.

I’m a little depressed. I signed up for next door after hearing so much about it in this thread, and pretty much this is all I’ve seen.

I've got to try this Nextdoor thing, it sounds amazing.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Midnight Voyager posted:

I enjoy the comment where someone says the movie "gives up and plays the Empire soundtrack".

Do... do they not... understand theme music?

*Ron Howard's voice*

They didn't.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I've got to try this Nextdoor thing, it sounds amazing.

I think the general consensus is that apart from what gets posted on the best of nextdoor twitter, it's just old people being boring as hell.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Monkeytime posted:

This guy sounds like a dildo, maybe his girlfriend should throw him at Satyricon instead.

People who take black metal too seriously are the biggest dweebs. Like, it's 2018 and you have an iPhone. Get over yourself.

And I say this as someone who loves black metal and wore corpse paint to an Enslaved concert, who the actual gently caress still genuinely tries to do the whole true kvlt grim and frostbitten poo poo anymore?

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 10:47 on May 28, 2018

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Monkeytime posted:

Throw dildo

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
teenagers? lol

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hell I'd throw a dildo at a black metal band. See if I can get it stuck on someone's bracelet spikes.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

it is with a heavy heart that i must announce that the astrologers are at it again

https://twitter.com/GEMlNHIGH/status/999836091665584128?s=19

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Foxhound posted:

I think the general consensus is that apart from what gets posted on the best of nextdoor twitter, it's just old people being boring as hell.

They also want my actual real-life information so I will not be doing that thing.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

it is with a heavy heart that i must announce that the astrologers are at it again

This is so loving infuriating.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
What they don't seem to get is that we don't think we have special meaning where the other objects don't. We are all "Just here" to those that feel that way.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

I read this in a comedy cowboy accent.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

BioEnchanted posted:

What they don't seem to get is that we don't think we have special meaning where the other objects don't. We are all "Just here" to those that feel that way.

Yes, but astrologers think we're here for a special reason, therefore everything in the entire loving universe must have been put here for our special reasons because we are that loving special.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

quote:

Because it's not a film, it's the latest in a systematic series of atrocities disgracing and dismantling the once proud Star Wars franchise. To say Solo is a film isolated from this overall process is to reveal you don't have a clue what's going on with Star Wars. #BoycottSolo

Ah yes the integrity of Star Wars, the movie where every single background character has an action figure. Don't forget the comtech from ep 1. Each figure came with a little voice chip and you had to get a separate dodad that would play the voice clips.

Shadows of the Empire wasn't even a movie and I have Dash Rendar and his space ship in a box at home somewhere.

This certainly is a proud franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So my mom's still a devout believer of the Black Hebrew Israelite teachings- I'm not because A: Not too religious in general B: People shouting on a street corner isn't my prefered way to receive information C: Like her, they can't research poo poo before passing it along so this was a point made in one of the videos she was watching. And I also heard him saying 'gook' too so they've already solidified my opposition to them on basic respect reasons. D: They're basically just hanging around on the street berating passersby on not knowing the Bible. Which doesn't really appeal to me at all. I don't get why it would to other people, tbh. E: less compelling but the fact that they label their videos like clickbait anti-feminists do just soured me on them to begin with.

So I sent her that link of dril tweets

https://twitter.com/chIoroplast/status/1000199890205593601?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

And got this in response

quote:

All of that is man-made garbage, made and presented by the white man. By you sending it to me shows you haven't really watched the videos to see what is actually going on. The WHOLE Bible is to, for and by the Israelites.

The white man took OUR book and cooked up Christianity from which all the various religions fractioned off from. It's all BS doctrine. The bible is a book of LAWS, STATUTES, AND COMMANDMENTS which is our heritage!!

They lied and continue to lie to us to keep us in sin so that we do not inherit the kingdom of heaven and RETURN to our rulership.

Blacks, Hispanics, and Native Americans are at the bottom and are always the target of everything horrible. It's because WE are the Chosen children of GOD. If THAT doesn't give you a desire to live I don't know what would.

The Bible is a true book. The problem is the lying rear end white man knows what's up and they use Christianity to keep us from the truth.