Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

little munchkin posted:

lol yea those groups are definitely a "combination" and not the exact same people

Ugh, probably right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

little munchkin posted:

lol yea those groups are definitely a "combination" and not the exact same people

Twitch is mostly not trash people outside of the main stream.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

Twitch is mostly trash people

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

ShaneB posted:

I cannot believe he is going to stream again.

I understand what you're saying... but I also would have been quite surprised if he'd stopped streaming. I think it's his only source of income, I don't think he believes he did anything really wrong, and I also think he'll still get viewers (probably less, but maybe not by much - and possibly some new ones).

Before all this came out, I was kind of sad for the guy, as he already seemed to be kind of coming untethered as a human being after quitting teaching.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
wearing two ties every time i'm in public now, as a form of penance

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

little munchkin posted:

wearing two ties every time i'm in public now, as a form of penance

you're on quite the twitter commenting spree

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

AlternateNu posted:

:siren:NYC Goon Meet Up Thread:siren:

So, enough people seem to be interested in a semi-regular meet up. Post in the thread and let’s get this train rolling.

Reposting this over the next couple pages. Report in, ya goons.

We have 5 up for random Sunday spell slinging for anyone on the fence. (Not this Sunday.)

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Owlbear Camus posted:

As an apology it rates even below "Sorry I burned down your village. Here's some gold."

Still (and forever) the best thing in or about Magic. (The flavor text / & art combo, not the tweet.)

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/zaboomafool/status/1057756819659968512

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Tezzeret did nothing wrong

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

my favorite thing about this is that by completely ignoring the allegations, hes basically confirmed they happened, gently caress him lol

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Eli Kassis's Jeskai list is so insanely smart, it was absolutely perfect for that weekend.

*0 creatures main, removal are completely dead spells
*Gateway over Azcanta to get live cards faster and win faster
*Banefire main to trump the control MUs and have an extra x spell for Gateway
*Settle + Seal Away to deal with both kinds of Phoenix and Adanto Vanguard
*Rekindlings in the SB as an incredibly hard to deal with threat after you board out most removal
*Revitalize in the SB against opposing Banefires
*The Immortal Sun in the SB because it's less vulnerable than Teferi
*Ixalan's Binding in the SB for drake phoenix decks

It has a lot of ways to beat each plan from GB - Carny T, Planeswalkers, or the grind out. It has a major advantage in control mirrors between Gateway and Banefire. It has lots of good answers to drakes and phoenixes and Adanto Vanguards. And it is doing something powerful besides playing Teferi so it has a higher power level against random decks.

Edit: gently caress Todd Stevens. SCG needs to share their investigation with WOTC, and WOTC needs to ban him.

Yeah it's basically my favorite metagaming choice in as long as I can remember. I still don't like Azor's Gateway that much at least for FNM play, but I'll try it.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

jfc, Todd Stevens just got murdered

Metaphorically.

Edit: who's going to champs? I'll be there all weekend and Thursday*

*or until I get burned out so probably like a day

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

mandatory lesbian posted:

my favorite thing about this is that by completely ignoring the allegations, hes basically confirmed they happened, gently caress him lol

Yeah, everyone now agrees "gently caress Todd Stevens." Not a whole lotta fence sitters, just people who think women should be sexually harassed and people who think Todd Stevens should go gently caress himself.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

Yeah, everyone now agrees "gently caress Todd Stevens." Not a whole lotta fence sitters, just people who think women should be sexually harassed and people who think Todd Stevens should go gently caress himself.

There were too many "this could happen to any man! Things like this should be kept private!" in the Twitter comments for my taste. His Twitch chat should be interesting tomorrow.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

LifeLynx posted:

There were too many "this could happen to any man! Things like this should be kept private!" in the Twitter comments for my taste. His Twitch chat should be interesting tomorrow.

I'm making a throwaway just to be a fly on the wall

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I get banned for a month and Todd Stephens goes from tie wearing poindexter to alt right misogynistic hero. Whoa.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I get banned for a month and Todd Stephens goes from tie wearing poindexter to alt right misogynistic hero. Whoa.

I wondered what happened to you

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ShaneB posted:

I wondered what happened to you

I'm not well liked in certain areas of this site...

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

mcmagic posted:

More than just this thread huh

JK I like u mcm

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

mcmagic posted:

You don't have to lie to us, we're all your friends.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

ShaneB posted:

More than just this thread huh

JK I like u mcm

Yankees fan. It comes with the territory.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Turns out that tuning my deck to just gently caress teferi makes me lose to red deck wins. Worth it.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

mcmagic posted:

have you seen your own rap sheet?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

80s James Hetfield posted:

have you seen your own rap sheet?

I get banned randomly for fun.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

mcmagic posted:

:nallears:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

mcmagic posted:

your last 3 bans were for

-using a slur (that you couldn't even spell correctly)
-talking about the president raping someone (again with misspellings)
-suggesting that a politician leak the name of a sexual assault victim

normally we all laugh and clap when people post those types of things, i agree that it's unfair that the mods single you out for them

80s James Hetfield posted:

you're on quite the twitter commenting spree

i just love posting

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

little munchkin posted:

your last 3 bans were for

-using a slur (that you couldn't even spell correctly)
-talking about the president raping someone (again with misspellings)
-suggesting that a politician leak the name of a sexual assault victim

normally we all laugh and clap when people post those types of things, i agree that it's unfair that the mods single you out for them

i just love posting

I honestly didn't know that was a racist slur. The other 2 posts are just true things that either would happen or did happen.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
only magic related slapfights, please

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

We did an Innistrad draft for Halloween.
I drafted pretty much THE innistrad dream deck and managed not to win a single game with it:

Hinterland harbor
2x Boneyard Wurm
Kessig Cagebreakers
Spider Spawning
Gnaw to the bone
Wreath of Geists
2x Armored Skaab
Selhoff Occultist
Stitcher's Apprentice
Makeshift Mauler
Curse of the Bloody Tome
Ghoulcaller's Bell
Deranged Assistant
Dream Twist
Mulch
Make a Wish
and 9 other less related cards, and basics

I even lost one by milling myself out. I passed a sulfur falls, a stony silence, and a witchbane orb to take on-color stuff.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Doctor Dogballs posted:

We did an Innistrad draft for Halloween.
I drafted pretty much THE innistrad dream deck and managed not to win a single game with it:

Hinterland harbor
2x Boneyard Wurm
Kessig Cagebreakers
Spider Spawning
Gnaw to the bone
Wreath of Geists
2x Armored Skaab
Selhoff Occultist
Stitcher's Apprentice
Makeshift Mauler
Curse of the Bloody Tome
Ghoulcaller's Bell
Deranged Assistant
Dream Twist
Mulch
Make a Wish
and 9 other less related cards, and basics

I even lost one by milling myself out. I passed a sulfur falls, a stony silence, and a witchbane orb to take on-color stuff.

How the gently caress did you not crush

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

GoutPatrol posted:

How the gently caress did you not crush

I know... it looks like it should have been pretty loving good. But opponents just seemed to have a lot of removal and smoother, lower mana curves than me every time. And one game I forgot I had already milled Gnaw and could have cast it. D'oh. Red tempo is really fuckin good in Innistrad limited

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

that deck looks really short on creatures

e: wreath of geists and boneyard wurm are not very good iirc, and ghoulcallers bell and curse of the bloody tome aren't very good either. You want some more men

Elyv fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 1, 2018

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

Elyv posted:

that deck looks really short on creatures

e: wreath of geists and boneyard wurm are not very good iirc, and ghoulcallers bell and curse of the bloody tome aren't very good either. You want some more men

a bunch of those "other" cards were creatures, just didnt list them out cause they werent so much on the graveyard theme. the card that did the most work for for me tonight was fortress crab. and I gotta disagree on ghoulcallers bell. that thing was outstanding

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Doctor Dogballs posted:

a bunch of those "other" cards were creatures, just didnt list them out cause they werent so much on the graveyard theme. the card that did the most work for for me tonight was fortress crab. and I gotta disagree on ghoulcallers bell. that thing was outstanding

how is a card outstanding in a deck that never wins?

number one pta fan
Sep 6, 2011

my work is my play play
every day pay day
Last night my Hallowe'en outfit was casting Disinformation Campaign into Mono Green.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Eli Kassis wrote a tournament report and a bit about his card choices:

http://magic.facetofacegames.com/jeskai-control-at-gp-new-first-place/

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
lmfao, this rules

https://youtu.be/7VG_W75sD9k

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

laffin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

https://youtu.be/8nxuRwkVPx0