Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

If you care about this sort of thing I would turn ambient occlusion off. Fake shadows in the corners of rooms make it more difficult to spot some people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The true way to play any FPS is like CS 1.0 with these low polygon and bright colour models and everything at low :shepface:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

This is great

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Guillermus posted:

The true way to play any FPS is like CS 1.0 with these low polygon and bright colour models and everything at low :shepface:

Correct.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Hard reactivate TTS for the weekend thank you.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I've been out of the loop, is Blitz getting a buff?

I'd say leave his flash range the same, but let him carry a Klobb instead of a pistol.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
When people talked about Ela's Scorpion, I thought they were referring to a Skorpion. I love that little bugger.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I've been out of the loop, is Blitz getting a buff?

I'd say leave his flash range the same, but let him carry a Klobb instead of a pistol.

technically IQ is getting the biggest buff of anyone even though she's already great

harassing pulse random players will always be fun lmao:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHS2eG15hoI

Qubee
May 31, 2013

your "nice catch :smuggo:" makes the clip. was that a private goon match? cause 3 of those clips, you shoulda straight up died but your opponents had potato aim / potato reflexes.

and where can i see these upcoming operator buffs / changes?

Qubee fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 1, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Ranked now has the new map in the rotation, and Reddit is falling over itself ready to give blowjobs to Ubisoft for listening to the will of the people.

Meanwhile literally nothing said about other maps or the casual playlist.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Can you remove some operators to keep things fresh please.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Start with Ash.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

well learning a new map in ranked is genuinely fun and awesome so im quite glad that they went that direction

but everything else regarding the removal of maps is among the most ridiculous bullshit i've seen regarding this game. especially after being like oops we gotta cancel one because our roadmap hit a detour

i love this game though - everything from the silly skins to the deviant art fan fiction characters becoming canon are all great.

Q8ee posted:

was that a private goon match? cause 3 of those clips, you shoulda straight up died but your opponents had potato aim / potato reflexes.

lol its just one of the many benefits of being bad and playing at low tier

Qubee
May 31, 2013

ngl im really excited to see what they come up with for the sequel to rainbow six. i hope they carry forward all their experience and learn from their mistakes. r6 is still far too buggy for my taste despite being out for years. in ten games, I'll encounter at least one really frustrating bug, like charges not blowing up on windows and me slamming into them and then exploding, or debris showing for me and not my enemies, or (the worst one I encountered) seeing my friend frozen in place despite him moving and shooting. that was the weirdest bug, I could hear his ghost footsteps but he was frozen out in the courtyard. shooting his frozen body didn't damage him, and none of his bullets did damage to opponents despite the fact their shots hurt him.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The game hasn't been out two years, much less "out for years"

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the sheer variety of stuff you can do in this game is why i play it aside from the sound quality

sure there are some bugs here and there but they are hardly ever game breaking and when they happen they're usually more entertaining than anything

but the flexibility is something else given how small the fighting area is relative to a game like pubg. you can just run around and shoot ppl if you want. you can focus on utility/recon. you can set loving traps! this game owns. every single time i find myself getting bored or burnt out with the game i just play a different operator or change my weapons and it is fun again.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Hey guys I wouldn't normally dump this here but I'm gonna attempt to play siege for 24 hours with all donation proceeds going towards helping those affected by Hurricane Harvey.

If you bored please drop in and say hi: https://tiltify.com/events/come-together-right-now-over-siege

/shill

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

IceOrb posted:

Hey guys I wouldn't normally dump this here but I'm gonna attempt to play siege for 24 hours with all donation proceeds going towards helping those affected by Hurricane Harvey.

If you bored please drop in and say hi: https://tiltify.com/events/come-together-right-now-over-siege

/shill

Congrats on the r6 official retweet:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

IceOrb posted:

/shill

A+ would donate again. Shoot people for charity?!? Sounds like a win-win-win-derank-lose-win!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Huh I forgot to mention that I encountered the new map when playing ranked on Wednesday or Thursday can't remember now. Granted, this was on the tts, but I forgot that the new map was never supposed to be in the rotation.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

I don't know because I got the game recently, but wasn't Favela a year one dlc map? Meaning you paid 40$ for a map they're removing from the game probably permanently? Lame

Still excited for dumb gun six12 though

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Noone paid anything for maps or any actual gameplay content, which is one of the best decisions that Ubisoft have made for this game.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

I thought that was the idea behind the season passes, that you were funding the development of this stuff? I don't think Ubi gave them a huge budget for post release but I could be wrong. From what I've seen the maps are also promoted alongside the season pass as well.

It's great that they don't gate anything behind DLC and I personally haven't bought a season pass, but it's something my friend who bought both mentioned and I hadn't even considered

edit - the 20$ special skins are the only thing you can't grind out it seems

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 2, 2017

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Penpal posted:

I thought that was the idea behind the season passes, that you were funding the development of this stuff? I don't think Ubi gave them a huge budget for post release but I could be wrong. From what I've seen the maps are also promoted alongside the season pass as well.

It's great that they don't gate anything behind DLC and I personally haven't bought a season pass, but it's something my friend who bought both mentioned and I hadn't even considered

edit - the 20$ special skins are the only thing you can't grind out it seems

Yeah basically. I don't think you can but renown boosters for renown, but it's such a moot point between getting access to dailies and the uplay challenges to boost your renown aquisition. For the season pass you also get free skins every season, and a week early access to the operators, while the non-season pass plebs (like me :v:) get to buy the operators a week later. Oh and you just get them, no need to buy them or anything.

Also for someone who asked earlier, here's the whole list of changes for this season a.k.a. patch notes: https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/bloodorchid/index.aspx

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Wooper posted:

Can you remove some operators to keep things fresh please.

You jest but this gave me an idea. How about an arcade game mode, similar to casual, but the game gives you a random operator (or maybe locks off half of the operators for the round) so you have to make due with what's available. The randomness would mean that matches are always unpredictable, and if you wanna be a nice company, maybe let the game pick operators you haven't unlocked yet to give new players a taste of the DLC ops and stuff.

Complete wildcard idea: have random weapons, gadgets or abilities be assigned to whatever operator you pick during preparation. Imagine Jäger with doc's stims instead of his ADS. :unsmigghh:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Add an ARAM map please.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Athanatos posted:

Congrats on the r6 official retweet:

oh man my boy iceorb is gonna be internet famous

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Deltasquid posted:

Complete wildcard idea: have random weapons, gadgets or abilities be assigned to whatever operator you pick during preparation. Imagine Jäger with doc's stims instead of his ADS. :unsmigghh:

recruit roulette would be cool.

they supposedly have a sort of "tacticool realizm" mode with minimized hud already but everytime i try to join a random custom game running it i get tactically votekicked before i can even pick an operator becauae the 3 ppl in there dont know me already

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Turns out Hard is good at video games:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CuriousJoyousGrassStinkyCheese

Qubee
May 31, 2013

That's Hard?! What a chill dude. I realise that is not Hard, that's you. Oops. He's the one that threw the C4 like a boss.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Q8ee posted:

That's Hard?! What a chill dude.

Hard posted this

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

idk about you but i'm hard after watching that killfeed

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

https://youtu.be/MdfOwt0hPoo

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

24 Hours complete.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SplendidIcyPineappleFUNgineer

Thanks to everyone who came out, played with me, donated to the stream, subscribed, followed, shared the link, or just chatted.

I had a blast.

Now I sleep.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
11 hours straight of siege. Time well spent :thumbsup:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Was really fun to watch and I learned a lot of stuff of this game!

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

IceOrb posted:

24 Hours complete.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SplendidIcyPineappleFUNgineer

Thanks to everyone who came out, played with me, donated to the stream, subscribed, followed, shared the link, or just chatted.

I had a blast.

Now I sleep.

GJ man, was fun to play with you guys for a few hours.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PKD2PBiUW0

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Don't think I've posted this yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9euy_79OpEk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Supposedly, they're going to switch to a CSGO style of weapon recoil, which is bad and dumb.

• Locked thread