Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Why is "child sees Spider-Man, adult doesn't believe them" a thing that keeps happening? Everyone knows Spider-Man is real, lives in New York, and moves quickly, why is it so hard to believe that your child saw him and you didn't?

"Gradually" is right.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

random Viivi & Wagner

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

We're going to get a reveal and it's going to be either Skip or some other character already in the strip. Personally I'd prefer it be someone completely outside the regular characters but when has that ever happened?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I want it to be her cat, catfishing her.

Maslovo
Oct 12, 2016

Tiggum posted:

Why is "child sees Spider-Man, adult doesn't believe them" a thing that keeps happening? Everyone knows Spider-Man is real, lives in New York, and moves quickly, why is it so hard to believe that your child saw him and you didn't?

The same reason everybody thinks werewolves aren't real, poor writing.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Tiggum posted:

It's like Spidey thinking the guy from before's claim that he was a vampire was pure insanity even though he knows vampires exist and has met at least one. Yet in this storyline, he instantly believes he's chasing a real werewolf.

I'd think if I lived in the Marvel universe and anybody told me anything remotely outlandish had happened, my response would be, "Yep. Sounds plausible."

And then I'd probably be crushed by a falling building or something.

Phantom Classic

[url=][img][/img][/url]

Radio Patrol

[url=][img][/img][/url]

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Are Ben and Spider talking in unison?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

At least Spiderman himself has a valid reason for his erratic behavior after all that head trauma.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 2, 1995)

Garfield Classic (May 2, 1985)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How long has this Intelligent Life arc been?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You can split hairs but it's been mininge-dating since the 20th of March

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Johnny Aztec posted:

Did she think Gunk was gonna nick that bowl or what?

yeah that was a weird detail to focus a whole panel on

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

sweeperbravo posted:

yeah that was a weird detail to focus a whole panel on

I feel like there's probably some bit of Curtis lore that only the crustiest of GoComics commenters would remember about how like Gunk eats wood or something

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

"I recognize those waves!"
  /
;-*

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ahaha what the gently caress Narda

"And then the most contrived thing happened!"
NEXT: CONTRIVANCE

"Where's Narda?"
"Gone!"
"how very contrived this situation is!"

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

mwdan posted:

Opus 12-07-2003

Berke was getting artsy with that next-to-last panel -- it's a homage to Maxfield Parrish's Daybreak.

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I like these and I am 3 years old.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine Meets [Insert Subforum or Thread of Your Choice]

The Phantom

Pooch Café

Slylock Fox and Comics for Kids

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2000 Spiderman

"Should we have someone who can draw animals help with this werewolf?" "Nah, good enough."

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

lol

Mary Worth

Tomorrow:
Katie: I liked the dessert, but I thought it was a little too sweet!
Derek: Me too! (Thought Bubble: How I miss that sweet, sweet nicotine!)

Rex Morgan MD

Who could have predicted this shocking turn of events?

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

"Boy do I resent my supportive and loving wife!"

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
This is why I need to take a break from comics. After a while you notice that they keep issuing the same padding and same cliches with every story, and then it feels like the literary equivalent of banging your head against a wall.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Who could have predicted this shocking turn of events?

How could the boyfriend be this dumb unless he wants to gently caress up his relationship and get the with rich girl instead. In which case, carry on.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Ok, I chuckled :)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

sweeperbravo posted:

Ok, I chuckled :)

There are a bunch of funny comics today

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

...and the pitch! posted:

:siren: Tiff actually did something bad :siren:

Unlike St Bernice, the retribution exacted upon her shall be swift and terrible.

Exactly right!

Luann

Even though she immediately decided to do the right thing after all, and even though she gave sincere (or at least sincere sounding) condolences and an offer of help, she is rewarded only with Luann's lovely tone! What a bitch! I'm glad that fuckhead Gunther is the best thing in her life!

(What I'm sincerely glad to see is Tiff standing up for herself by walking away when ~*Our Hero*~ couldn't even make an effort to be civil in response to her kindness, as if it's hard to treat somebody like a human being. Of course, we're *meant* to interpret this as Tiff being the rear end in a top hat, so I suspect her comeuppance isn't over yet.)

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

Exactly right!

Do college boys send flowers when they break up?

Tiffany tried the worst legerdemain of all time for no good reason. It may be time to bring back the eye patch.

fake edit: I wish I could credit some of those editors.

real edit: How dumb is Tiff supposed to be? If you are giving Luann flowers that are purportedly for you explaining away snatching the card is the easiest thing in the world. "It's personal." Done.

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 25, 2017

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Some things can't be unseen.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

Berke was getting artsy with that next-to-last panel -- it's a homage to Maxfield Parrish's Daybreak.

Well, learned a bit of culture today I did. I thought he was referencing one of his old collection covers from the 80's:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
B.C.

Baldo

Wizard of Id is really clever today

Big Nate

random Wallace the Brave

Curtis

I thought it was weird that Curtis' mom specified "Let me put away this wooden bowl" in yesterday's strip. I chalked it up to clunky dialogue, but I guess Billingsley is going somewhere with this?

Baby Blues

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
Don't get me wrong, Breathed is a good artist, but I find the character designs in the Opus universe absolutely repulsive, so much so that I can't read any of it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

mwdan
Feb 7, 2004

Webbed Blobs
Mr. Breathed has recieved a Cease and Desist letter today..

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mwdan posted:

:thunk:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

mwdan posted:

No he didn't.

http://twitchy.com/sd-3133/2017/05/25/is-this-real-no-trumps-lawyer-didnt-threaten-bloom-county-cartoonist-berkeley-breathed/

Or other sources that can be googled! Still funny though!

Edit: less annoying source: http://uproxx.com/news/trump-berkeley-breathed-cease-and-desist/

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Man I'm just blown away that the legal notice with the phrase "have your [bleep] in a sling by lunch" in it turned out to be a joke.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

SomeMathGuy posted:

Man I'm just blown away that the legal notice with the phrase "have your [bleep] in a sling by lunch" in it turned out to be a joke.

With the current administration are you really that shocked anymore?

Edit: er, would you be that shocked if it turned out to be something he said? You know what I mean.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Trump said something like that, I would be surprised if his lawyer put it in a formal legal filing. The illusion of decorum in this country is breaking down, but it hasn't hit that point just yet.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Well, drat. And here was me snickering while imagining a subsequent C&D/trademark infringement letter from Adobe to The Orange One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set eats smarter, not harder.

Working Daze thinks we're invested in these characters.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is a mystery for the ages.

• Locked thread