Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Cutting Lady Stoneheart and Victarion Greyjoy were terrible mistakes, considering the Sand Snake poo poo they chose instead.

Producers: "This show needs the bad pussy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

To be fair even GRRM had very little content for Victarion and Lady Stoneheart.

I feel the public is ready for Victarion being a cuck though

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Top three worst characters in the show

1. Kalleisi Yas Queen 1.5 The old man in love with her.
2. Aria “hasn’t been relevant since the first season” Stark 2.5 Sansa “baby” Stark
3. The entire iron islands cast(dorne too -Oberón)

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

stannis was the worst

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
I loved bad pussy and was upset when princess marjory got blown up
There are no characters left that are even mildly interesting. I guess tyrion is still around somewhere? Idk. it's been about 1000 years since the last season, so HOW can I pay attention

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I miss the thing when it was a big deal. There's no must-watch TV show today, where you can ask anyone about it and they're all "Yeah man that poo poo rocks!".

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Trying to remember when things started going off the rails, sometime around Season 4 / 5.

The books are far from flawless, but it does generally seem the further they deviated the dumber things got.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Trying to remember when things started going off the rails, sometime around Season 4 / 5.

Oh, I thought this was generally agreed - it was when they ran out of books to follow the story and they began making up their own thing

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Writer 1: "OK Guys we need to come up with some filler plot. We have a couple characters we haven't done yet, one is Theon's viking warlord uncle who gets a volcano fire arm - the other is a zombie Catelyn Stark who is hanging Freys by the dozen."

Writer 2: "What about we have one of the Sand Snakes show her tits and say 'bad pussy' to Bronn?!"

Writer 1: "SHIP IT!"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Cutting Lady Stoneheart and Victarion Greyjoy were terrible mistakes, considering the Sand Snake poo poo they chose instead.

the not so solid snakes

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Grevling posted:

Who cares about special effects, I'd rather just watch a regular turd than a polished one.

you must be German

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Esp bc you need lady stoneheart and the northern conspiracy stuff to provide catharsis in the form of Freys getting owned on

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

FuhrerHat posted:

bring back rome too

Rome was so good, more of that please.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Rome also had sister loving.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Rome also had:

- tits
- bromantic snackmen Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo
- pretty accurate, good-looking sets and costumes
- slave with big penis
- hot and menacing Mark Anthony
- instead of multipage food orgies they eat mice and drink lovely wine
- if it had gone on for more seasons I think elephants would have stepped on people

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Rome was awesome. When Marc Antony gets punked by bitch rear end Cicero at the Senate and he goes ham and kills the clerk reading it lol

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Grevling posted:

Rome also had:

- tits
- bromantic snackmen Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo
- pretty accurate, good-looking sets and costumes
- slave with big penis
- hot and menacing Mark Anthony
- instead of multipage food orgies they eat mice and drink lovely wine
- if it had gone on for more seasons I think elephants would have stepped on people

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I miss the thing when it was a big deal. There's no must-watch TV show today, where you can ask anyone about it and they're all "Yeah man that poo poo rocks!".

If you want to cure that situation, better call Saul

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm just hoping for Dexter level bad.

Honest question: Would the finale of GoT be better or worse if:
- They do whatever poo poo they're going to do
- They give up and go full Yor: Hunter From the Future and throw in laser guns and space ships

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Actually outside this dead, gay message board, many people will still say that about GoT.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Black Mirror

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Blazing Ownager posted:

- They give up and go full Yor: Hunter From the Future and throw in laser guns and space ships

Massive ships arrive at the end and unload dudes with muskets and cannons.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

The show ends with older and more obese Sam hunched over a desk. On the desk is a manuscript entitled "Winds of Winter". Apart from the heading, it's empty. The camera moves over to a window and we see an angry mob gathered outside. Sam sighs and looks directly into the camera. His eyes move to the back of his head and he keels over and dies. End credits.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ilmucche posted:

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

The books are far from flawless, but it does generally seem the further they deviated the dumber things got.

When did Tyrion get out of his carriage and start properly hanging out with Varys? For me that was the real "oh it's all bad now" moment. That should have been an incendiary pairing, like a constant witty, amiable battle of wits, seeing the worlds to right. Instead it just fell back on catch phrases and eye rolls. /edit: yeah I'm thinking of season 5. The dialogue just fell off a cliff.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How much do you want to bet despite there only being a handful of episodes left in a short rear end season they don't have the balls to kill any main characters until the last minute for a big Self Sacrifice Story Reason, despite the show getting famous for being ruthless with character death.

Seriously like 3-5 named characters should be dying an episode this season or gently caress it

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Black Mirror

more like brown mirror.... because it's poo poo!!!

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

The fact that dumb merc is still in the show running around everywhere stinks. I hated him the minute they made him legolas during the battle of blackwater

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Blazing Ownager posted:

One is stupid, the other is awesome. What do you think?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Fake sansa will destroy your balls and vagian while stepping on some more people

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Blazing Ownager posted:

How much do you want to bet despite there only being a handful of episodes left in a short rear end season they don't have the balls to kill any main characters until the last minute for a big Self Sacrifice Story Reason, despite the show getting famous for being ruthless with character death.

Seriously like 3-5 named characters should be dying an episode this season or gently caress it

Jon should have stayed dead

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Rome is still one of my favorite shows of all time, even with the rushed Season 2. It's still so so good.

edit:

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 10, 2019

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Thirteen! *,Smashes skull mace rod through old gladiators loving shoulder/neck area.*

gently caress Rome was awesome.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'm going to see it through regardless but I agree. I'd be fine with this even if it's even decent.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*a large shadow, big as a mountain looms over the hound. he grimaces*

the hound: "cock"

*a giant steps on the hound and he dies*

source: i wrote the final season of game of thrones

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Jamie, in Dorne: “snakes. Why did it have to be snakes” *mugs at camera*

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ilmucche posted:

As cathartic as an Apocalypto ending would be, it's too smart/unique/against the brand for d&d

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Wild hunt should kill everyone on Westeros imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ilmucche posted:

The more I think about this the more I like it and to me this is now the canon ending.

A dragon flies at a man-o-war which unloads a broadside right down the dragon's gullet.