Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

AnemicChipmunk posted:

I hope Biden does one of those Alzheimers things were he wanders out of the White House and into the street and then dies of hypothermia.

The secret service are all registered nurses now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i think the part of this that offends me the most is that if you actually thought the parliamentarian would be an issue why the hell would fifteen dollar wage be the priority over checks given that the checks are a direct response to covid19 what with the whole people dont even have safe jobs anymore that they can get a minimum wage from

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
can't tell if they're stupid or liars or if that difference should even matter to me

why should it matter?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Apoplexy posted:

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1365397757977051136

"Egocentric demands"

"Vaccine"

I won't say I agree with a prescription of heavy pickaxe trepanning treatment... But Felix may be on to something with this?

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1365398416038191104

Never ever trust or listen to a Duke grad

she clarified that the people who are mad at her for calling covid relief "egocentric" are just privileged

https://twitter.com/IsabelIvanescu/status/1365379855211245579

which is ironic considering she went to a private college (that her parents no doubt paid the tuition for)

spacemang_spliff has issued a correction as of 15:44 on Feb 27, 2021

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/GoodPoliticGuy/status/1365671904875544586

holy poo poo

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
most liberals i know dont give a poo poo what happens to poor white people anywhere. they def have that kind of "i cant just get that upset over my deep enemies suffering" which you know i kind of understand and all.

i don't think they have the "sides" remotely right but i get the sentiment yeah?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

GoLambo posted:

i don't think they have the "sides" remotely right

No, they definitely do.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's not just white people, they celebrate whenever any "red" area suffers regardless of how the voting broke down (going Republican by 1% is still worthy of universal condemnation), racial populations, or general voter suppression. South Carolina, the soul of the country that decides presidential elections, got hit with flooding in 2017 and they were smugly revelling in the state's poor disaster relief despite the main areas affected being non white since the state overall went for Trump. When Texas was freezing they were telling Biden voters there they deserve what they got.

Everything to them is team politics taken to its most toxic levels which is kinda why I think we are utterly screwed since the political discourse in this country is so decoupled from reality.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 16:31 on Feb 27, 2021

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mobile.twitter.com/JudgingDogma/status/1365547457107480577

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

loquacius posted:

The "war is peace" person looked very familiar to me, I think they were the first one to vehemently argue to me on Twitter that M4A is racist/sexist/ableist/whatever, that takes me back

Here's a thread full of their bad takes, whole thing is gold. Certified psychopath

https://twitter.com/besf0rt/status/1365475414311862272?s=19

Read this tweet out to my wife and I could literally see her brain lock up as she tried to process it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

"Left of Center Social|Right of Center Fiscal"

This checks out

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Eggplant Squire posted:

It's not just white people, they celebrate whenever any "red" area suffers regardless of how the voting broke down (going Republican by 1% is still worthy of universal condemnation), racial populations, or general voter suppression. South Carolina, the soul of the country that decides presidential elections, got hit with flooding in 2017 and they were smugly revelling in the state's poor disaster relief despite the main areas affected being non white since the state overall went for Trump. When Texas was freezing they were telling Biden voters there they deserve what they got.

Everything to them is team politics taken to its most toxic levels which is kinda why I think we are utterly screwed since the political discourse in this country is so decoupled from reality.

They hate the poor and working class, and making GBS threads on red states is one of their ways if expressing it.

They don't give a poo poo about minorities that didn't graduate from an Ivy League school.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Apoplexy posted:

https://twitter.com/Lukewearechange/status/1365492947245015046

Fairly reminiscient "HIGH JACK THIS FAGS", but liberal! :) I found something funny on that Wikipedia page I hadn't heard before, though, having lived the times and seeing the photoshop thread for it back in the day:

Both the Associated Press and the United States Navy have apologized for the incident. AP spokesman Jack Stokes described publishing the photograph as a "journalistic error," saying that the "fag bomb" picture "never should have gotten through, and nobody should have seen it."

Not 'hey we probably shouldn't be writing anti-gay slurs on bombs being sent at poor people in the Global South', but an apology from the loving AP about how they would never ordinarily or intentionally let ANYTHING exposing the bloodthirsty, homophobic, ignorant nature of the American servicehog through!

https://twitter.com/ZhenDeRen/status/1365500992020770822

Anyone who uses the word "based" is 99% of the time a huge dumbass piece of poo poo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The takes keep getting worse!!!!

gently caress!!!

FUUUUUUCK!!!

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

gently caress!!!

FUUUUUUCK!!!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

The secret service are all registered nurses now.

that'd be funny because they're paid less than nurses

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ive always wanted to be a secret service agent just so when a gunman appears i can run and hide behind the president while wetly whimpering

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Liberals are cracking and pinging faster than ever glad I didn't vote it only makes them even madder lol

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Where are the crackingpinging libs? I just see a ton of them doubling down

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

https://twitter.com/ZhenDeRen/status/1365500992020770822

Anyone who uses the word "based" is 99% of the time a huge dumbass piece of poo poo

Hey, I may be a dumbass and a piece of poo poo, and sure I'm pretty overweight, but uhh

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

It will never not be infuriating that politicians are celebrities to be defended instead of public servants who aren't doing their drat job

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/Alvinthe1st/status/985243748182511616

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Ever since the Migrant Facility story broke, I'm noticing those Mobile Mini trailers everywhere. They're fuckin storage units, man. You see them at construction sites holding tools or sheets of plywood. I'm not sure I could stand upright inside one.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

gradenko_2000 posted:

The takes keep getting worse!!!!

gently caress!!!

FUUUUUUCK!!!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

turns out it was the King in Orange that broke everyone's mind

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Pussy Boss posted:

Ever since the Migrant Facility story broke, I'm noticing those Mobile Mini trailers everywhere. They're fuckin storage units, man. You see them at construction sites holding tools or sheets of plywood. I'm not sure I could stand upright inside one.

look the important thing is that pesky cameras can't see inside

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

PipHelix posted:

The proof is go anywhere politically right of a mutual aid group and ask someone about putting in some transit. Or getting rid of parking. Or accepting refugees. Or building a homeless shelter or even just services. Or, gently caress, I dunno, enacting Affirmative action and catching the state up to 1965.

You're ignoring the difference between the police, government and people. I'm telling you that the conversations with *people* I've met since I moved here have all been right of what would be normal on the east coast. I keep writing and then deleting anecdotes because they take too much space and they'd just be waved away. Trust me. The people are different here, and worse.

I honestly don't think if every voter in NYS (even the upstate chuds) was given a choice, they'd strip affirmative action from minorities. And then reaffirm the choice 30 years later, overwhelmingly. Maybe I'm naive.

Probably just spoiled cause I'm from a coal area with a strong union tradition. That we only have because the powers that be at the time must not have used wealth and social control to run propaganda campaigns. They only had people hung, they didn't run play hardball and run facebook ads.

you need better friends lol

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Oval Pawffice has been reinstated on Twitter. It brings me no pleasure to report this.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

New York and wall street has literally sucked up all the wealth from the rest of the country like a massive parasite, talk about how socially liberal New Yorkers are all you want, it is a malignant tumor that causes massive amount of pain and anguish

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

The Pussy Boss posted:

luckily influxed unaccompanied minors are shorter than you

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.

loquacius posted:

The "war is peace" person looked very familiar to me, I think they were the first one to vehemently argue to me on Twitter that M4A is racist/sexist/ableist/whatever, that takes me back

Here's a thread full of their bad takes, whole thing is gold. Certified psychopath

https://twitter.com/besf0rt/status/1365475414311862272?s=19

https://twitter.com/existentialenso/status/1365701616331014145?s=21

libya? yemen? caused by... *checks notes* oh dear!

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
technocratic disruptivation provides solutions* to all** problems***

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

it remains loving insane and infuriating that we’re getting a single “survival check” 2 months later and $600 smaller than it was promised and boy is it going to reek rear end when people immediately clamor for another payment in april and the dems just plug fingers in their ears and go “lalala can’t hear you get back to work”

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Pussy Boss posted:

The Oval Pawffice has been reinstated on Twitter. It brings me no pleasure to report this.

Apparently they also represent the Biden's one cat, which is why they also do "purr" and "meow" puns

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

misadventurous posted:

it remains loving insane and infuriating that we’re getting a single “survival check” 2 months later and $600 smaller than it was promised and boy is it going to reek rear end when people immediately clamor for another payment in april and the dems just plug fingers in their ears and go “lalala can’t hear you get back to work”

and how do you propose to get those bills past the Parliamentarian, genius? even if they did they would still have to make it through the Chancellor of the House, the Decorum Minister, the Marquis of Manuscripts,

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1365691129778360321

https://twitter.com/Auderesan/status/1365706114613055493

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Excelzior posted:

turns out it was the King in Orange that broke everyone's mind

:yooge: I wear no mask

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Everyone with anime avatars skip the revolutionary people's courts and go straight to the gulags temporary overflow facilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Maya Fey posted:

and how do you propose to get those bills past the Parliamentarian, genius? even if they did they would still have to make it through the Chancellor of the House, the Decorum Minister, the Marquis of Manuscripts,

they should run it past them and juke it like a football play