Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

i dunno i think its adorable and slightly heartwarming that kids that got away from the horrors of war and refugee camps and cant understand the implications of furries anyway find them delightful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Jagchosis posted:

i dunno i think its adorable and slightly heartwarming that kids that got away from the horrors of war and refugee camps and cant understand the implications of furries anyway find them delightful

innocent in the ways of the decadent yankee infidel world

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
some guy I know from school is facebook liveposting a gigantic meltdown from a mental hospital

it would seem his mother took the opportunity of him being back in the UK to try to have him institutionalised since his life has been unraveling for some time

jesus

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Jagchosis posted:

They escaped a war zone but they lost their innocence in Vancouver.

GreenTea4Breakfast
Feb 17, 2016

good morning, friends

Disinterested posted:

it would seem his mother took the opportunity of him being back in the UK to try to have him institutionalised since his life has been unraveling for some time

Do you think the choice was warranted on her part, as far as you can tell?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i liked the breadman's posting imitations but i have to admit i didn't recognise all of them. i feel like i no longer have my finger on the thread pulse

GreenTea4Breakfast
Feb 17, 2016

good morning, friends
This is going to sound like a joke in exceptionally poor taste but I've had some mental health issues subsequent to a head injury and earlier this week watching the movie Deadpool in the theater with friends caused me to have a mild psychotic break

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
buenos días dadchat

bienvenidos a miércoles maravilloso

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

sudo rm -rf posted:

i havent been able to mess around with languages in a while though. i've been studying for ccnp - route for four or so months now. i take it this friday, and hopefully the final test not too long afterwards. when i get done, i'm gonna go back to norwegian and german full time.

you haven't seen the end of me yet, vil

good

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

R. Mute posted:

i liked the breadman's posting imitations but i have to admit i didn't recognise all of them. i feel like i no longer have my finger on the thread pulse

Oh really? Sounds like a fun night

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

The Warszawa posted:

buenos días dadchat

What's so dias about it

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Jagchosis posted:

maybe season 4 realistically but can you really defend the 4th and 5th books

very easily

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Gravel Gravy posted:

What's so dias about it

someone post mcgregor.jpg

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

The Warszawa posted:

buenos días dadchat

bueno cinco de mayo to you too my mexican friend

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

go on

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Disinterested posted:

some guy I know from school is facebook liveposting a gigantic meltdown from a mental hospital

jesus

I would have thought taking away social media access is like stage one of being sectioned

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

kustomkarkommando posted:

I would have thought taking away social media access is like stage one of being sectioned

have you seen tumblr

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

My uncle was sectioned back before the internet existed and I don't think having access to Facebook would have helped his violent paranoid delusions

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
my paranoid schizophrenic grandma would have just shared memes about that muslim obama instead of killing herself, if the technology existed then

GreenTea4Breakfast
Feb 17, 2016

good morning, friends

Jagchosis posted:

have you seen tumblr

Do people seriously post from mental institutions? I believe you but I've never witnessed this and I am somewhat surprised -- I'd think people would be reluctant to admit it

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

GreenTea4Breakfast posted:

Do people seriously post from mental institutions? I believe you but I've never witnessed this and I am somewhat surprised -- I'd think people would be reluctant to admit it

im guessing they dont in reality but a small part of me hopes so because that would explain the internet better since people in prison don't get to post

GreenTea4Breakfast
Feb 17, 2016

good morning, friends

Jagchosis posted:

im guessing they dont in reality but a small part of me hopes so because that would explain the internet better since people in prison don't get to post

Oh, you were joking. Sorry :spergin:

I was imagining people blogging about how the kids in neighboring cells wouldn't respect their Supernatural pairings or something

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

alright so books 4 (especially) and 5 are mostly about taking a breather from the first part of the story and setting up part two but also about showing the consequences of the plot do which it does really well! when you take them as the one book they were supposed to be it's probably the second best in the series so far. they get a bad rap because people are unable to separate the (admittedly long) waits for the books with the books themselves.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is it safe to read any of the election threads

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

euphronius posted:

you can read the irish election thread

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I will vote for the party who promises Protestant blood

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

euphronius posted:

ah, sinn fein

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

i read it. your election is sad. has there been any progress on the government formation yet

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

euphronius posted:

So Bernie did alright last night as did Trump and Rubio is loving done. Is that about right?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

euphronius posted:

My man

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Jagchosis posted:

i read it. your election is sad. has there been any progress on the government formation yet

there's a vote tomorrow on who gets to head the government. no one will get the votes needed so the current head will have to tender a formal resignation after losing the confidence of the house but he stays on in a caretaker role until a new government is elected

basically no serious negotiations are going on until after the thursday vote as the two largest parties are trying to do some horse trading to get the most votes to get the momentum behind their bid for a minority government.

nothings going to get done until after easter - st paddy's is coming up which means a state visit to the US, then there are the easter rising centenary events almost immediately after. It's not going to be April until things start happening.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Jagchosis posted:

yeah it's good.

once they get older and get internet access they can realize the horrors of modern north american society but i'm sure for them it was fun and probably gave the parents a little bit of a break too.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

euphronius posted:

our election is over, so you can re-read that.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Dreylad posted:

yeah it's good.

once they get older and get internet access they can realize the horrors of modern north american society but i'm sure for them it was fun and probably gave the parents a little bit of a break too.

the syrian furry community will be huge in 20 years now

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Soup du Jour posted:

the syrian furry community will be huge in 20 years now

I am sure there are one or two furry factions in Syria now.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

euphronius posted:

the predictit thread is the best

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

euphronius posted:

Vile is still probated for 4 days and the saurus got hit for three so the answer on the republican thread is maybe.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

euph you can get excited about the south african municipal elections if you want

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Doctor Cave posted:

That Disturbed - Sound of Silence picture disc looks pretty badass

Brutal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005