Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

berecsl posted:

How hard it is to make a trox fixer? Ive always wanted one of those...

They aren't that uncommon really. From what I remember you'd be lagging behind in evades and the dark blue nanoskills + dark blue intelligence means you'll have a hell of a time with nanos, but Atrox has the highest attack rating for a Fixer because strength is cheap for you and is one of the key attributes for SMG. You'll also have more health because you get 4 HP for every point you invest in body dev, but less nanopoints because you only get 1 NP per point in nanopool. An Atrox Fixer is a pretty solid choice if you plan on doing any PvP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009
My Shade isn't doing gently caress-all in Argenteum Astrum, can someone toss her a GoonCorp invite? Her name is hfhfhvdd, I'll either be online as her or (more often) sfdgdfg.

Snooty fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 2, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

What ever happened to AO moving to dx9 or whatever with improved graphics? I'd love to play this game again but everytime I load it up I get pissed off looking at it and turn it off.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Who even still plays who can give gooncorp invites?

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009

BadLlama posted:

What ever happened to AO moving to dx9 or whatever with improved graphics? I'd love to play this game again but everytime I load it up I get pissed off looking at it and turn it off.

They were working on implementing the Ogre engine but scrapped it halfway through and opted for the Dreamworld engine that AoC runs on instead. They're making slow but sure progress with it now.. First screens were out a few weeks ago. In the meantime, Antiailasing and texture filtering can improve your AO experience a lot, I override them from Catalyst Control Center and they make AO look so much better. The simple low poly graphics actually look really good with it, especially in the Shadowlands.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

-Troika- posted:

Who even still plays who can give gooncorp invites?

You! Your fixer should be able to invite people since I promoted you to have cloak access. Just target them and type /org invite and that should work. I'll be back around once my loving apartment gets internet again, but the cable company screwed something up so there's no signal going to the unit at all :(

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Am I also able to promote people to the level wherein they can invite?

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

-Troika- posted:

Am I also able to promote people to the level wherein they can invite?

I think so. Just promote someone as much as you can and they should be able to invite people then.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Got a Stygian Desolator equipped on my keeper (at around level 36 or so). This ought to last me for almost a hundred levels.

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains

-Troika- posted:

Got a Stygian Desolator equipped on my keeper (at around level 36 or so). This ought to last me for almost a hundred levels.

It does fine in the early stages of SL. But the SL creatures quickly gain high armor that you will always hit for min damage. The stygian is not renowned for its min damage. You'll want to trade to the frost scythe and then the FBR (or alien/ofab).

But the stygian does look hot!

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
That was one of the things I always hated about Shadowlands. Having to downgrade weapons, if you were melee, in order to actually do damage to the mobs.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Gearhead posted:

That was one of the things I always hated about Shadowlands. Having to downgrade weapons, if you were melee, in order to actually do damage to the mobs.

I will let you know if I ever find anything I like about Shadowlands. That was the beginning of the end of what made AO fun. Goodbye sci-fi, hello goofball psychic mumbojumbo.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I like the scenery in the Shadowlands. :)

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I didn't mind the idea behind Shadowlands, but the execution and the game mechanics introduced by it were completely and utterly retarded. And no real effort has ever been made to address the underlying Problems Shadowlands has in its basic concept.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
I thought it was refreshingly self-honest for their writer to admit that the outrageous poo poo attributed to nanotechnology really was magic after all.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I mentioned it to someone the other night, but I thought I should repost here in case it wasn't fixed yet. Gooncorp's bank is a little low, we only have enough in there for one more payment. Someone should probably drop some cash in there.

Also, wow, the alien mothership bosses are pretty easy. Me and a doctor did the one that has a zillion little nano draining guys around him and he went down ridiculously easy.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Conskill posted:

I thought it was refreshingly self-honest for their writer to admit that the outrageous poo poo attributed to nanotechnology really was magic after all.

Now, see, I kind of liked that.

What I couldn't stand was all the crap tucked away on rare mobs with an arcane spawn timer that only dropped something useful once a century. Oh, and EVERYTHING useful for mid range characters dropped from like, three dudes, making the items.. when they appeared.. sell for retarded amounts on the market.

Unless you were an MP.

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009
A lot of AO's problems could simply solved by doubling droprates all around, yeah. Or increasing the number of bosses that drop certain rare items. Right now, many items, armour and weapons that are absolutely vital for an even decent setup are so crazy expensive, there's no way a new player can afford them. So either more ways to make a good sum of credits, or a massive droprate increase.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

AO was hosed as soon as they decided to make 99% of equipment vendor trash (before release).

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

Decrepus posted:

AO was hosed as soon as they decided to make 99% of equipment vendor trash (before release).

This is one of the things that bothers me most about the game. You've got a mountain of items available, and maybe dozen are worth the trouble to get assuming you can even afford or find them. And the stupid drop rates on some items leads to camping spawns for weeks on retarded long respawn timers that often mean you're just sitting at a spot for hours competing with a dozen other people for a kill with no guaranteed drop for the item you want instead of actually playing and enjoying the game.

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

Holy hell I haven't played this game in ages. I remember being at the level cap in whatever that dungeon was where the GTA dropped on my 'trox Enforcer, managed to fight 4 other groups for that big bro and my GTA dropped :woop:

Then I outleveled the GTA around 80 and hopped around the shadowlands like a pro.

Then I found better games and moved on! Oh, memories.

White Paper
Sep 24, 2000
just got back into the game after leaving it on the shelf for a while. 220/30/70 soldier RK1, clanner so I cant join gooncorp but let me know if you need assistance/items/hugs. /tell Marxgorm

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can someone with the proper skills to make implants give me a quote on how much it would cost me to pay you to make these?

White Paper
Sep 24, 2000
cost me about 3 mill total in imps and clusters to make those. if you are RK1 you can pick them up whenever you want. /tell Marxgorm

No charge of course. If you are on RK2, tough luck I suppose.

Did not make all ql 130 as that would have required a lot of impfarming, made them from 125 bases but with skill they ended up as mostly ql 127, 2 became 126 and 2 became 128.

White Paper fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 8, 2009

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I am indeed RK1. Keep an eye out for Countcawgula. :)

Maxxx
Apr 12, 2006
WHAT
Just reactivated not to long ago.
Currently playing my main Rk1 - Xzeep - Clan Atrox Fixer - 220/19.

Looking for advice on making money because I seem to be bad at that part.

Also looking for parties for endgame content if possible. Need Beast, Pande, and DB2

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009

Maxxx posted:

Just reactivated not to long ago.
Currently playing my main Rk1 - Xzeep - Clan Atrox Fixer - 220/19.

Looking for advice on making money because I seem to be bad at that part.

Also looking for parties for endgame content if possible. Need Beast, Pande, and DB2

Hop on the Dustfront raidbot. They're a good all-around bot for Pande, APF, DB and pretty much every other endgame raid content. Send a /tell to sfddsdf sometime ingame and I'll get you an invite.

Also as a Fixer you can just blitz a poo poo load of QL250 clusters and implants and put up a big thread in the market forums to sell them. I usually ask 2m for imps and 3m for clusters, no matter what type.

Snooty fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 2, 2017

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver
Just got a free 30 days on AO, and a free upgrade to the newest expansion, so I'm back in. My old guild from 4 years ago is still up, so I am going to give it a try here in the next 30 days.

150 engineer, should be fun to try and relearn.

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

So the store I work in caught fire today, and we don't know when we'll be able to open up again. I guess I'll be taking advantage of that 30 day offer I got yesterday. :smith:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I would rather burn alive than play AO.

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver
Man, I can't get this to run smoothly on my computer, and I run WOW, EQ2, and others just fine. Now I also know why I left. Everything seems just so bad compared to everything else. I guess I was still looking at this game through rose colored glasses

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This game is like how EVE used to be, in that most of the graphics work is done by the processor. Try reducing your view distance, that really helps me.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Nah, you just need 4 GB of ram and a 3 GHz+ dual core processor, then it runs great!

(most of the time)

((by great I mean at 15 fps))

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

Hooray for in-game mai-

quote:

- Standard delivery: 2000 credits, 30-35 minutes.
- Express delivery: 200000 credits, 2-7 minutes.
- Can not send nodrops, backpacks or temporary items.
- Normal mail timeout is 14 days.
- Any mail that times out will be deleted and items/credits will be lost (will not be reimbursed).

gently caress you, FunCom.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Tyshalob posted:

Hooray for in-game mai-

What the gently caress is the point? Oh yeah, WoW did it.

tamphex
Jun 21, 2003

Tyshalob posted:

Hooray for in-game mai-

That's loving ridiculous. What the hell are they thinking?!

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains
Wow, that is completely stupid.

Tip, Funcom: not everything needs to be an attempt to balance the economy.

Mail is NOT that desirable, especially when it is significantly less efficient than a trade and has a timeout that makes it almost useless. And then of course the delivery times, haha.

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009
Yeah, I'm only gonna be using that if I'm buying/selling something on the shopping forums and can't reach the counterpart of the trade. For alt transfers, a mule will still be vastly superior, faster, cheaper and more effective.

Still no changes to Victory Points either :sigh: Oh well, maybe next time.

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

Got an almost full run of the Subway tonight except for Abmouth from some helpful goon (whoever character Dweia is - thanks). Vergil dropped junk but I'll treasure those living cyber pants forever~

Oh, and that Ring of the Nucleus Basalis that guy farming Eumenides didn't loot.

edit: Solo'd Virgil and got no drop at all. Then I fell through the floor and /stuck thinks I'm standing.

Tyshalob fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Nov 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

Anybody still able to do ToTW want to team up this weekend and muck about in the temple? I know as a lowly level 26 untwinked MA that is still in a full Omni-Med suit I can't do much, but I'd like to give it a try.

• Locked thread