Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Z3n posted:

Yeah where is that guy anyways? :xd:

He can't post right now. He said something about his bike dying on him and then catching fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Are there any bike manufacturers that have mastered the electron? Harley? Triumph?

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Ola posted:

Are there any bike manufacturers that have mastered the electron? Harley? Triumph?

None.

BSA did master the Quark in 1963, and introduced it as a standard feature on all 1964 models. However, as with Lucas electrics, owners never observed them working.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Saga posted:

He can't post right now. He said something about his bike dying on him and then catching fire.

As Julian Ryder and Toby Moody are fond of saying: There's a reason it's called "Honda Motor Company". The rest is just details.

infraboy posted:

Clearly Kawasaki parts are the best and most reliable.

Science says this is true.

Ola posted:

Actually, smarmy brit jokes aside, I haven't personally had to deal with any Triumph charging system failures. The one Harley I've worked on had a wiring harness fault that led to a bad charging system. Of course, it had also lit itself on fire, so I'm pretty sure it was just a little :downs:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Saga posted:

None.

BSA did master the Quark in 1963, and introduced it as a standard feature on all 1964 models. However, as with Lucas electrics, owners never observed them working.

All I can think of now is Schroedinger's cat on a café racer, approaching the speed of light. The oil change intervals approach infinity.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Ola posted:

When I was looking for my Triumph, came across a ton of people with electrical gremlins. Did that stop me from wrecking it getting it? Hell no!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Ola posted:

All I can think of now is Schroedinger's cat on a café racer, approaching the speed of light. The oil change intervals approach infinity.

I feel the closest allegory to Honda charging systems is starting Schroedinger's paradox with a dead cat.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdjWhWPFlkw

Really need to clean that windshield. Besides that, enjoy the sounds of a choo choo train and some blue skies. Also some rockin' out.

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

I remember having whiny gears like that with my F2, it sounded like a racecar with straight cut gears.

Retsalb
Feb 6, 2011

by Ozma

Z3n posted:

Really need to clean that windshield. Besides that, enjoy the sounds of a choo choo train and some blue skies. Also some rockin' out.

You're still stupid selling it. With current Kawasaki regulator improvements it'll probably outlive your wife. Keep it.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Z3n posted:

quote:

I feel the closest allegory to Honda charging systems is starting Schroedinger's paradox with a dead cat.

:laffo: at this and the rocking out. I enjoyed that. Also gently caress your blue skies.

MrZig fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Feb 12, 2011

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Retsalb posted:

You're still stupid selling it. With current Kawasaki regulator improvements it'll probably outlive your wife. Keep it.

You really got a hard-on for F2s huh?

Retsalb
Feb 6, 2011

by Ozma

Russian Bear posted:

You really got a hard-on for F2s huh?

Not especially.

I recommend bikes on a per user base. I know Z3n will grow to love this bike based on all his other posts. It might even cure him of the Supermoto bug.

Myself: I only ride bikes that has no merit. Bikes of evil. Bikes that will kill you while not even being in motion. poo poo-bikes with too few strokes and too much displacement or gently caress-literbikes with too much carburetors and valves.

No, I really don't like the F2, it's way too solid, handles too good and is too sexy for me to own. It's however perfect for Z3n. His wife should shut the gently caress up and place her jealousy elsewhere.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

:laffo:

Love ya, buddy.

I'll be taking the bike out today for probably 200 miles or so of riding. We'll see how much it grows on me. It also probably needs some fresh clutch springs as engagement is very wimpy.

I'll try and shoot some video for you guys :)

Retsalb
Feb 6, 2011

by Ozma

Z3n posted:

I'll be taking the bike out today for probably 200 miles or so of riding. We'll see how much it grows on me. It also probably needs some fresh clutch springs as engagement is very wimpy.

Don't just replace the springs. Plates and springs are almost ridiculously easy to replace on a F2 and they'll last for a decade.

It's valentines, buy your wife some cheap flowers and tell her about your priorities in life.

She'll probably understand that this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...=item3cb48b5bdc is more important than a cheap dinner in town.

In case you need a manual, I think I have a .pdf somewhere.

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

I went from an F2 to a supermoto and ain't never going back (DOUBLE NEGATIVE).

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Spent all day riding a drz and pulling wheelies, stoppies, and backing it in. Tomorrow the CBR will get a proper ride. Probably. :)

I do have a manual for it, thanks. Honda factory manuals of this vintage are definitely on the arcane side.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Z3n posted:

Tomorrow the CBR will get a proper ride. Probably. :)

I am willing to offer my services as a test-pilot.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I am willing to offer my services as a test-pilot.
You're welcome to take it out for awhile if you'd like :)

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Retsalb posted:

No, I really don't like the F2, it's way too solid, handles too good and is too sexy for me to own. It's however perfect for Z3n. His wife should shut the gently caress up and place her jealousy elsewhere.

Hey there cold northerner, I know your kind I'm descended from your stock. Your grouchy exterior cannot make up for the fact that deep down inside you're a soft hearted person with a weak spot for ugly and out-dated technology.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

CBR test ride. Fair warning, it's pretty dull. The camera is also mounted far to the left side of the bike so it looks like I'm hanging it out over the DY but I'm not.

Beautiful weather though, about 65 degrees with a light wind. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rchYcLLzYOI

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.

Z3n posted:

CBR test ride. Fair warning, it's pretty dull. The camera is also mounted far to the left side of the bike so it looks like I'm hanging it out over the DY but I'm not.

Beautiful weather though, about 65 degrees with a light wind. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rchYcLLzYOI

Glad somewhere in this state has nice weather, its cold and raining here today. :colbert: (And after a weekend full of absolutely beautiful weather.)

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007
What kind of camera do you have (GoPro)? And how did you eliminate the wind blast?!!

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

He has a GoPro HD which features a pretty good sound setup. Basically all you have to do is put the sealing gasket in its case to block out most of the wind. You can also set the mic to have low sensitivity if the camera is on a vibrating surface if you still get a lot of wind noise.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

It's a stock setting GoProHD, with the waterproof backing. They also have an open one for low speed stuff. I attached it to the left side of the front fairing with the suction mount and a lanyard wrapped around it just in case it decided to fall off (which it didn't). Nice camera, highly recommended, they've obviously worked really hard on it. No failures, no problems. You can get them for 210$ shipped through the rider's discount thread on WERA.

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007
Thanks for the info! I've been looking at different camera systems and the main problem is always the massive windblast. I've read a lot about clever tricks with foam and whatnot but it never seems to help much.

I'll give rider's discount a go, hopefully they ship to the UK...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Forty Two posted:

Thanks for the info! I've been looking at different camera systems and the main problem is always the massive windblast. I've read a lot about clever tricks with foam and whatnot but it never seems to help much.

If they don't, you can have it shipped to me and I can reship it for you.

Ghostpilots
Sep 24, 2004

Vigilant Sidekick

Z3n posted:

If they don't, you can have it shipped to me and I can reship it for you.

I'm going to be pulling the trigger on an Olympia jacket and maybe some gloves here pretty shortly. I know this is a lot to ask, but I live in Canada and the import fees for Olympia stuff is retarded. Would you be ok with me piggybacking off this offer and having you reship me the jacket?

I'm fairly certain I still have your email from the stickers giveaway

Of course feel free to say no, and should you ship for me I'll paypal you money to cover the costs. Whaddya say?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ghostpilots posted:

I'm going to be pulling the trigger on an Olympia jacket and maybe some gloves here pretty shortly. I know this is a lot to ask, but I live in Canada and the import fees for Olympia stuff is retarded. Would you be ok with me piggybacking off this offer and having you reship me the jacket?

I'm fairly certain I still have your email from the stickers giveaway

Of course feel free to say no, and should you ship for me I'll paypal you money to cover the costs. Whaddya say?

Sure, no problem. Get in touch with me via e-mail :)

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007
Thanks for the offer! They don't actually ship to the UK, so now I'm just trying to decide whether I'm going to spend money on another toy that I don't really need

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Cool! :)

This weekend should be fun, have a bit of work to do on the GSX-R, a load of Vortex parts to install, and a new rear stand to use! :woop:

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Forty Two posted:

Supermotard Mag just did a comparison of a number of onboard camera systems - might be worth a read. No. 47 for Jan/Feb. Also with DRZ and Dorsoduro 1200 goodness, from your local foreign press establishment. Don't think they have a website.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Picked up a new duck this weekend. Some weakness around the headstock but that's pretty typical for early ducks.

Headstock issues are resolving themselves already :buddy:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I love the murdered-out livery. Is it for track or street?

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
Careful with that towel. Being a duck, it's going to poo poo the bed shortly.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Saga posted:

Ya this is the truth. I had a duckling before and I was constantly cleaning up poo poo until it was old enough and warm enough to build a pen outside for it.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ola posted:

I love the murdered-out livery. Is it for track or street?

It'll run where ever I go!

Saga posted:

'tis true. It's too small for the duck diapers we have for it, unfortunately you can't house train a duck as they don't have any control over their sphincters.

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

Whoa, did I miss something? Why did you get a duck?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Clank posted:

Whoa, did I miss something? Why did you get a duck?

Wife wanted a bird, but parrots are loud and a pain in the rear end. This duck breed is relatively quiet, hardy, and cute :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nrlYaE4uU4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

Z3n posted:

Wife wanted a bird, but parrots are loud and a pain in the rear end. This duck breed is relatively quiet, hardy, and cute :3:

I didn't even know people kept ducks as pets. Cool!

• Locked thread