Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Can someone write a script that lets me post in multiple threads at once?

Just open up all the threads, put the word "lol" in the post box, then duplicate each tab and hit post

That way you have all the threads open so you can do it again every time you want to post "lol"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Bring back division threads.. :mad:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

GNU Order posted:

Just open up all the threads, put the word "lol" in the post box, then duplicate each tab and hit post

That way you have all the threads open so you can do it again every time you want to post "lol"

10 second delay :argh:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I made a prototype GDT posting script

It still has some bugs, though

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
drat how lazy are some of you guys that you can't just keep the GDT up that matches up with the game you are watching and have the other ones open in new tabs? It isn't like your pals are going across the country. They are only going an inch away from your mouse pointer.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
drat, Cole, you're right. I'm such an idiot and I've been approaching this all wrong! I should just buy an iPad for each thread.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Zypher posted:

drat, Cole, you're right. I'm such an idiot and I've been approaching this all wrong! I should just buy an iPad for each thread.

It's easy to use tabbed browsing in safari

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Philip Rivers posted:

Bring back division threads.. :mad:

nah

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

How about just the AFC North one, because we're objectively the best posters

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

You started this split thread fiasco. You're outta the loving club.

*The club is me and Mel Mudkiper spitting on one another in an abandoned house.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

African AIDS cum posted:

It's easy to use tabbed browsing in safari

Some of us can't afford iPads and are phone posting from the app. Check your wealth privilege. This is obviously just a way to keep the poor posters confined to a single thread.

Seriously though, it was ok. I do generally prefer a single thread but if everyone else wants 2, then we can do 2 and have redzone be a catch all.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I used to want to make a case for NFC West posters but uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ramadu posted:

I used to want to make a case for NFC West posters but uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh look at the high and might Cardinal poster in his ivory tower! Being on top of the division isn't good enough for ya? Ya got to poo poo on us poor defeated NFC West posters?

Arizona fans make me sick. (This post and others like it are what you have to look forward to when you win the Super Bowl this year. It owns and I hope you make fun of all the whiny TFFers who cheer for losers.)

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I still like the split threads after week 2. a 40 page thread for the 1 pm games is much much better than a 120 page thread.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Chichevache posted:

Oh look at the high and might Cardinal poster in his ivory tower! Being on top of the division isn't good enough for ya? Ya got to poo poo on us poor defeated NFC West posters?

Arizona fans make me sick. (This post and others like it are what you have to look forward to when you win the Super Bowl this year. It owns and I hope you make fun of all the whiny TFFers who cheer for losers.)

Look I'll toss myself in the lake of bad posters too the only things I bring of substance is streams for the people

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Ramadu posted:

Look I'll toss myself in the lake of bad posters too the only things I bring of substance is streams for the people

And turnover magic.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I'm genuinely sympathetic to the people who want it to stay the way it was, but I think splitting the early GDTs has been about the best balance between the two sides that we could hope for (admittedly, I've been busy on Sundays and haven't had a chance to participate at all, but I've looked in a few times). There are still enough games going on at once that it's pretty fast paced without being completely overwhelming.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 16, 2014

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Is there any real harm in doing a poll in News / Views? IMO it seems more like it's pretty split.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Each game should have its own topic

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Dave posted:

Is there any real harm in doing a poll in News / Views? IMO it seems more like it's pretty split.

Things I just learned: The code to add a poll is, to be as kind as possible, wonky as hell.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3665258

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Kalli posted:

Things I just learned: The code to add a poll is, to be as kind as possible, wonky as hell.

Never be kind to the forum code, it doesn't deserve it.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I'm happy the Redzone GDT has worked out so well. God bless.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MonsterWalk posted:

*The club is me and Mel Mudkiper spitting on one another in an abandoned house.

this is so loving hot

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Tzen posted:

It was very chill, good times

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Agreed

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Tzen posted:

Same here. Best thread.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Give the Jets/Pats games their own thread so I can post my novels about how much I hate Tom Brady

• Locked thread