Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
Haste makes human waste.

E: Now that I think about it, under those presumptions at least a couple of times Corvo flickered into existence like a bad horror movie ghost just long enough for him to replenish time stop, while several feet away a bullet materializes and Scanners' someone in the face. That's loving horrifying.

Orv fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
High Chaos Update

Post-Lady Boyle's Last Party: Youtube Polsy
Return to the Tower: Youtube Polsy

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 9, 2016

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Coolguye posted:

High Chaos Update

Post-Lady Boyle's Last Party: Youtube Polsy
Return to the Tower: Youtube Polsy

Both your Polsy links link to "Return to the Tower", Coolguye.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
I guess it was only a matter of time before you caught the guards discussing their number one hobby (ah-ha. Ah ha. ha.).

That was a fun little misadventure, even if that level doesn't seem like it provided quite the array of hijinks that some of the others promoted.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Well, the first area is hijinxy as heck with all the speakers and light walls and so forth. If I'd been more stealthy about it I could have made the lobby a lot more hilarious too. But I feel like the trade-off of what I did there was more worth it.

After that though yeah, there's a lot more tight spaces and not a lot of toys to play with by the time you get further in.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I love RoboKy's childish glee as he does absolutely horrific things to the guards :allears:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Dunwallian X-Games. To those in the front rows: You will get wet.

I'm glad you guys are going out of your way to get the pre & post murder Outsider speeches. He was savoring the Lord Regent's death a little much.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

IMJack posted:

Dunwallian X-Games. To those in the front rows: You will get wet.
As if the entire audience isn't participating too.

Even the back row can't escape it. There's a draft up there!

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
No idea how far along you are with recording the low chaos run, but here's a few things you can show off:

-It's possible to double jump blink up to the safe room without ever entering the interior of Dunwall tower.
-You can also remove your mask in front of the Lord Regent in the safe room, standing in front of the wall of light.
-The wall of light on the second level isn't active as you enter the interior. If you're fast enough, you can catch up to a guard carrying a whale oil container up the stairs.

The last time I played this level, I had a great final confrontation with the Lord Regent. I talked to him through the wall of light in his safe room, and as the conversation ended, I summoned a rat swarm to overload the wall of light. At the same time, he decided to lunge at me through the wall, but since it was firing at the rats, he got vaporized too. Science vs magic. Magic wins.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Fanzay posted:

Both your Polsy links link to "Return to the Tower", Coolguye.

Thanks, fixed.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Coolguye posted:

Thanks, fixed.

Eh... I'd take another look. :pwn:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Fanzay posted:

Eh... I'd take another look. :pwn:
Not my best day. Got it that time. Thanks.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
No problem.

Also, I'm loving this LP! Glad to see XCOM 2 hasn't eaten you all.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I think real life devours Coolguye more than anything. On my end I actually played XCOM2 22 hours in the first two days and beat it so I can go back to it in small doses.

You might lose me when Dark Souls 3 (April) and Total War: Warhammer (May) come out. Hopefully we'll be onto the DLC by then!

And speaking of losing things, I've already recorded the intermission and gameplay for the next mission! It's about an hour and a half of footage, and half of it is pretty much my least favourite part of the game so oh boy.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

TheLastRoboKy posted:

You might lose me when Dark Souls 3 (April) and Total War: Warhammer (May) come out. Hopefully we'll be onto the DLC by then!

So when are you doing the grand elf genocide LP?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Yeah real life is my big one right now. I can't talk about it too much at the moment; a number of people from my real life watch our LPs and I'm not clear on if they read the forums too. But suffice it to say, I am really excited for the next few months to unfold, and once they do you'll see a lot fewer delays and mistakes in my work.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

In the moat's defence, it does serve to funnel all the idiots who can't teleport onto a nice narrow stone bridge for easier disposal.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Stormgale posted:

So when are you doing the grand elf genocide LP?

When the game has elves (there's no elf armies on release).

If the game is good you can be sure I'll be doing a Bretonnian LP once they're in the game as playable.

MooCowlian posted:

In the moat's defence, it does serve to funnel all the idiots who can't teleport onto a nice narrow stone bridge for easier disposal.

Everything these people make Corvo can just use to murderise them all to ashes. It's nice.

They should have just made a trench and filled it with some cheese and dead bodies and I guarantee you no one would wanna step near it.

I mean it's a horribly bad idea with terrible consequences but so was the moat so why not just go full blast?

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Y'know, every time I hear that grumbling, I think of another bit of grumbling, and smile a little.

Nobody brings me my dinner, when're they gonna bring me dinner, I don't ever get any dinner, when're they gonna bring me my dinner, that's what I wanna know...

...Oh, Benny.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

It's a shame you can only crank call him once. Would be nice to get an extra bit after he sics the guards on you. "Still here, you're... on the list, gotta kill everyone else first."

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Everything these people make Corvo can just use to murderise them all to ashes. It's nice.

One day, video game villains will learn to build in anticipation of vengeful stab-wizards.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

MooCowlian posted:

One day, video game villains will learn to build in anticipation of vengeful stab-wizards.

I don't really hold it against them too much but it's not like they don't know stab-wizards already exist. I mean they hired Daud and that's basically his job description.

Torlon
Oct 27, 2007

Kittens, you have to get them before they get you

MooCowlian posted:

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I don't really hold it against them too much but it's not like they don't know stab-wizards already exist. I mean they hired Daud and that's basically his job description.

True, which begs the question why wasn't the villain hiding in a fort made out of music boxes? I mean seriously you have a way to fight outsider magic and you don't have at least two with you at all time?

I was also going to say he should have some assassins with him but then again having a group of magical masked killers with you when a magical masked killer is after you seems like a bad idea.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Torlon posted:

True, which begs the question why wasn't the villain hiding in a fort made out of music boxes? I mean seriously you have a way to fight outsider magic and you don't have at least two with you at all time?

I was also going to say he should have some assassins with him but then again having a group of magical masked killers with you when a magical masked killer is after you seems like a bad idea.

Well, the Overseers had fallen out with him by this point since Martin took over. He's lucky he has the one in his safe 'room'. Also he's broke now.

The reason why there seems to be no assassins really involved with the Lord Regent by this point, well we have all that explained in the next mission. Which comes after Low Chaos so ENJOY THE WAIT.

Edit: Adding on to this, remember this is all happening really fast. The time between "Corvo breaks out" and "Corvo storms Dunwall Tower" is a few meagre days. Not really enough time to get full armed up with your experiment cranks of assholery.

TheLastRoboKy fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Mar 9, 2016

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I've always considered the passage of time between missions to be more fluid than what's directly shown; Lady Boyle going missing/getting killed, and the Lord Regent no longer being able to fund his troops the day after doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Same with Pendleton taking control of parliament and stalling his decisions, or Martin getting elected High Overseer and taking control of the abbey.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Lessons learned from my next episode:

1) Spinrazor pranks are funny
2) Spinrazor pranks absolutely will kill someone through 2 walls
3) Samuel is loving done with my bullshit
4) 'Low Chaos' doesn't mean 'orderly' or 'sensible'
5) I am batman

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Coolguye posted:

1) Spinrazor pranks are funny
2) Spinrazor pranks absolutely will kill someone through 2 walls
4) 'Low Chaos' doesn't mean 'orderly' or 'sensible'
5) I am batman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuKABU-XPY

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Coolguye posted:

I am surprised it took him this long to call you out.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

What I do hold against the Lord Regent is that his safe room has one, giant open wall which really isn't built to defend against guns which, while single shot (outside of the monstronsity Pierre made for you) are common as dirt in the setting. Yes it's covered by a wall of light, but I doubt that a real tesla wall would stop a bullet I can't remember of they do in game, but I'm pretty sure a jolt of lightning wouldn't reduce a solid lump of lead to ash.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Alkydere posted:

What I do hold against the Lord Regent is that his safe room has one, giant open wall which really isn't built to defend against guns which, while single shot (outside of the monstronsity Pierre made for you) are common as dirt in the setting. Yes it's covered by a wall of light, but I doubt that a real tesla wall would stop a bullet I can't remember of they do in game, but I'm pretty sure a jolt of lightning wouldn't reduce a solid lump of lead to ash.

you got me curious so i decided to go for a little catharsis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3I_o2ZWQBQ

basic answer: you could theoretically break through it with enough gunshots since it does seem to drain the whale oil tank a bit, but it's not really practical in real terms

what is practical is attaching a spinrazor to someone's face though, good times

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Practical, no. Potentially dramatic, yes.

I mean, could you imagine Corvo standing before the fucker, having removed his mask, calmly reloading and shooting the wall of light?

"Your guards are dead!"
*shot*
"No one is coming to save you!"
*shot*
"I killed them all!"
*shot*
"And now it's just you,"
*shot*
"And me,"
*shot*
"And your fragile little wall."

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Coolguye posted:

you got me curious so i decided to go for a little catharsis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3I_o2ZWQBQ

basic answer: you could theoretically break through it with enough gunshots since it does seem to drain the whale oil tank a bit, but it's not really practical in real terms

what is practical is attaching a spinrazor to someone's face though, good times

This was great, the only thing that could have made it better would have been possessing and walking that one guy in front of his own time-frozen bullet, and emptying the whale oil for the wall of light by throwing body after body into it in front of the spymaster.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Broken Box posted:

This was great, the only thing that could have made it better would have been possessing and walking that one guy in front of his own time-frozen bullet, and emptying the whale oil for the wall of light by throwing body after body into it in front of the spymaster.

that was generally the plan, but as you'll see during the next episode, i was actually super low on health potions for a....particular reason

the spoiler is that i really need to not try to record these things when i'm tired, it makes me do some very questionable things

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

If it's been mentioned in-game before, I probably missed it, but has there been an in-game explanation for the magic potions? It's been talked about how the health potions are used to stave off the plague, but I'm curious if there's a reason for the other potion.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Sam Faust posted:

If it's been mentioned in-game before, I probably missed it, but has there been an in-game explanation for the magic potions? It's been talked about how the health potions are used to stave off the plague, but I'm curious if there's a reason for the other potion.

The two elixirs (potions) are made by Piero and Sokolov and are both supposed to fight off the plague. Sokolov is the most popular one (the red one) and has known/visible health benefits hence it's the health potion. Piero's isn't as good for you but he is convinced his is better for your spirits...which it is. It's just most people don't have crazy eldritch magical powers, and therefore lack a mana bar in need of refilling. :v:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's Piero's brand of plague cure. It gives you magic juice because of game mechanics.

Efb

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

You can tell Corvo's been marked by the Outsider, because he never has to piss once in the entire game, unlike the normies he terrorizes. All this despite chugging Gatorade constantly.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

He goes between missions, by blinking up on rooftops and aiming for the guards below.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just assume he pisses off the side of the boat to and from missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Hunt11 posted:

I just assume he pisses off the side of the boat to and from missions.

Nah, the double-jump is just a hydrojet burst.

• Locked thread