Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If Undertale makes it to finals everyone here has to play it. :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hell gladly.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Skyrim is the greatest game of all time. It came out in 2011, but it's still one of the most played games on Steam with tons of community created content being released on a daily basis from its passionate fans.

But of course it loses to a prototype 3D game with the most inconsistent design in gaming history. Mario 64 SUCKED and is dated as hell. The only reason the metal cap existed was to show off the N64's reflection capabilities. There's this weird sea monster you ride on in one level that totally clashes with the artstyle of the game. The whole "jumping into paintings" thing only served to show off the ripple effects.

A goddamn tech demo is beating the best game ever made.

Wake me up when a non-Nintendo game has a chance of winning this stupid contest.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

elf help book posted:

Skyrim is the greatest game of all time. It came out in 2011, but it's still one of the most played games on Steam with tons of community created content being released on a daily basis from its passionate fans.

But of course it loses to a prototype 3D game with the most inconsistent design in gaming history. Mario 64 SUCKED and is dated as hell. The only reason the metal cap existed was to show off the N64's reflection capabilities. There's this weird sea monster you ride on in one level that totally clashes with the artstyle of the game. The whole "jumping into paintings" thing only served to show off the ripple effects.

Wake me up when a non-Nintendo game has a chance of winning this stupid contest.

I hope he never wakes up

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Cripes, again? Why, I have played the GOTY to completion already seven times in a row!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

What I wonder is why more people aren't complaining about Mario 64 beating Skyrim. I barely touched Skyrim but even I see that is a better game. Mario 64 is pretty dated and more like a tech demo if you look back on it. With most the world looking like test pieces rather than actual Mario looking world. But I guess it's more of a Nostalgia contest than anything.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ahhh... Gaming discussion's ambrosia...

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

net cafe scandal posted:

no

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My internet ex-Girlfriend but still my friend is playing it so I probably shall anyway,.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My will is stronger than yours.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This... is an outrage!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean Mario 64 is definitely made to show off the N64... It's just also really fun otherwise.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
yoshi mod for skyrim

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

elf help book posted:

It's a troll post a friend of mine wrote. Sorry for the confusion!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mega64 posted:

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i vote every day and would pick ff7 or oot in most matchups

I love FF7 and OOT.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lol poo poo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i just wanted funny enraged posts that werent about undertale

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Some of my IRL friends have said similar poo poo about Mario 64 and it just baffles the mind. Saying like "The texture work is just atrocious" and "it has such a visually nondescript hub world" and I took out a pump-action and blew their heads off before they could say another word.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Jesus

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

which megha64 are you

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Lmap at the sincere replies to the most obvious troll post

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im going to gamefaqs, where there are no trolls

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

elf help book posted:

i just wanted funny enraged posts that werent about undertale

This.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Some of my IRL friends have said similar poo poo about Mario 64 and it just baffles the mind. Saying like "The texture work is just atrocious" and "it has such a visually nondescript hub world" and I took out a pump-action and blew their heads off before they could say another word.

Awesome... Wish I could take out a shotgun and shoot my friends someday.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got a perfect Division VI.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Melee has taken an early lead over Final Fantasy 7 :staredog:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Voted for Melee and Undertale, havent played the others. :^)

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

In Training posted:

In the final boss battle he has a 2+ minute long (no exaggeration) attack animation where he explodes every planet in the solar system one by one until he blows you up. This isn't like a special attack, he will do it multiple times lol. Also it's playing the most epic music in JRPG history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTc9sLmOR0A

You can't not link it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Keep in mind the plot of the game is that you're trying to stop a meteor from hitting the planet, just keep that in the back of your head as you watch.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well he's destroying the sol system and earth, not the planet FF7 takes place on. He brings Cloud to space to force him to watch him annihilate the players home planet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

My phone is offering this post and only this post in Reader View.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm somewhat surprised by the melee votes. Is there really that many people that like an outdated fighting game with two better iterations?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I'm somewhat surprised by the melee votes. Is there really that many people that like an outdated fighting game with two better iterations?
Yes.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Melee fans are massive fucktards

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Melee fans are massive fucktards

They're going to be banned from Evo next year and the QQ is going to be epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It didn't even take until 8am for the Undertale crew to overtake Mario 64, its power only grows.

And from what I gathered reading the forums Melee seems to have a lot of off-site support throughout the contest, I think it might be the best chance to stop Undertale. Basically the contest is about who has the most organized offsite fanbases since no one goes to gamefaqs front page.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Dec 11, 2015

• Locked thread