Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

c beverage s: fentimans cola is really really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Al! posted:

surely all that money will protect him from hard vacuum

we should test this theory experimentally

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

Have someone develop a better user-facing view of the application? Not too hard.

btw i used peoplesoft some more this morning and it not only crashed google chrome, it took down my graphics driver at the same time. the official oracle solution is "don't use that version of google chrome, use this one from about six months ago" which is of course impossible.

what a piece of poo poo.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

btw i used peoplesoft some more this morning and it not only crashed google chrome, it took down my graphics driver at the same time. the official oracle solution is "don't use that version of google chrome, use this one from about six months ago" which is of course impossible.

what a piece of poo poo.

:agreed:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

what a piece of poo poo.

Google loving their poo poo up is not Larry's responsibility to fix.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oracle dev #1: "should we make our software compatible with the #1 most used browser in the world and ensure that we keep up with its updates"
oracle dev #2: "nah"

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
http://nym.ag/1Sr6zXT

wow the onion is killin it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
im home during the day for the first time in a long time so ive got some epic symphonies blasting on my BEOMSATER 4500 and matching Vintage Bang & Olufsen Beovox RedLine Speakers

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Smythe posted:

im home during the day for the first time in a long time so ive got some epic symphonies blasting on my BEOMSATER 4500 and matching Vintage Bang & Olufsen Beovox RedLine Speakers

whoa whoa there big boy keep it in the six figgies thread.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

i come to this thread so i can read about minuscule but slight annoying computer problems that i can relate to.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

vodkat posted:

whoa whoa there big boy keep it in the six figgies thread.

try 7

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
im joking. this poeice of consumer electronics is the nicest thing i own and my prized possession. i got it from dead grams :qq:

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cucked again :(

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

vodkat posted:

owned

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

vodkat posted:

lol at the word filter on cuckoldry

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

oracle dev #1: "should we make our software compatible with the #1 most used browser in the world and ensure that we keep up with its updates"
oracle dev #2: "nah"

It is not Oracle's responsibility to modify their product constantly to fix Google's ADHD-fueled gently caress-ups, especially when every Windows installation comes with a perfectly standards-compliant browser that will work fine.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol is zdr adding more word filters?

about damned time imo.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

what a piece of poo poo.

works in IE, good enough for me.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

It is not Oracle's responsibility to modify their product constantly to fix Google's ADHD-fueled gently caress-ups, especially when every Windows installation comes with a perfectly standards-compliant browser that will work fine.

microsoft edge is a terrible piece of poo poo

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
edge is better than chome or failfox or slowfari

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

microsoft edge is a terrible piece of poo poo

Yet it works perfectly fine with PeopleSoft. Wonder why.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Citizen Tayne posted:

god drat this is ownage. this is YOSPOS

Apr 7, 2003

I wonder who I trust more for my enterprise-critical applications, a company with a proven multi-decade track record of success or a company with a Chucky Cheese ball pit. Hmm

Apr 7, 2003

Smythe posted:

god drat this is ownage. this is YOSPOS

*fist bump*

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

Yet it works perfectly fine with PeopleSoft. Wonder why.

They're both terrible pieces of poo poo. poo poo combines well with other poo poo. That's why.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

I wonder who I trust more for my enterprise-critical applications, a company with a proven multi-decade track record of success or a company with a Chucky Cheese ball pit. Hmm

is the first one microsoft or oracle? because it describes neither

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Google writes bad software that contains multiple bugs one of which is an apparent crash when using javascript/html/css from some web sites (ex: peoplesoft). stop using chome if you want a quality web experience

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

is the first one microsoft or oracle? because it describes neither

How many private islands do you own?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shaggar posted:

Google writes bad software that contains multiple bugs one of which is an apparent crash when using javascript/html/css from some web sites (ex: peoplesoft). stop using chome if you want a quality web experience

well i can't argue that google writes bad software but i hypothesize that in fact peoplesoft is also bad software, because other software doesn't trigger this particular bug in the world's most popular browser.

Citizen Tayne posted:

How many private islands do you own?

only one, and it's not very big.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
what's peoplesoft

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I don't even remember why I use chrome anymore tbh maybe I should follow the guys with the weird unpopular positions

Apr 7, 2003

bump_fn posted:

what's peoplesoft

An imperfect solution for an imperfect world.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

bump_fn posted:

what's peoplesoft

payroll software that was acquired by oracle and went mutant and tried to turn into a real enterprise system but is pretty unsuitable but still worlds better than oracle ebusiness

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

russia's railways is moving off of a moloch of an SAP instance to russian-made ERP software

im sure they will be much better off as a result and it will not crash and burn horribly

Apr 7, 2003

I mean, the gently caress else are you going to use, SAP? Lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Citizen Tayne posted:

I mean, the gently caress else are you going to use, SAP? Lol

crystal reports is a great piece of software

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

An imperfect solution for an imperfect world.

Our university's version is branded as "campus solutions" and everyone thinks they've come up with a super clever pun on the name that if you ponder for a while you may happen on yourself!

Apr 7, 2003

Just about any company that's been around pre-1970 and isn't in and of itself a tech company is using some homebrew ERP system based on CICS and DB2 anyway, and I'm sure that's still better than SAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

crystal reports is a great piece of software

when i worked in consulting i did my best to convince clients to just not have reports. anything but loving reports. print the goddamn page out from chrome. shoot excel files at one another whatever just no reports.

• Locked thread