Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Biplane posted:

wish i could gently caress a twilek in a spaceship

I wonder if you can gently caress them between the head tail things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Ah the Twileks, a race heavily victimised in sexual slavery, a bit dodgy for a kid friendly film series, but hey you gotta show your villains are evil and deserving of death somehow.

In the EU I'm pretty sure they said something dumb and really creepy about the females being into entertainment jobs because of :biotruths: really hoping I'm just confused with the poor reputation of the EU on this.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Baka-nin posted:

Ah the Twileks, a race heavily victimised in sexual slavery, a bit dodgy for a kid friendly film series, but hey you gotta show your villains are evil and deserving of death somehow.

In the EU I'm pretty sure they said something dumb and really creepy about the females being into entertainment jobs because of :biotruths: really hoping I'm just confused with the poor reputation of the EU on this.

iirc the females are into entertainment because its an easy way off the twilek planet, and even being a hutts sex slave is better than living on the farm.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

if i could, i would try it and let you know, friend.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

RFC2324 posted:

iirc the females are into entertainment because its an easy way off the twilek planet, and even being a hutts sex slave is better than living on the farm.

To be fair, hutts are hermaphroditic worms who don't find their lithe, scantily-clad slavegirls attractive in the least... The blatant leering and poo poo is probably just coincidental.

Also, hutts are incredibly tough and hard to kill as evidenced by Jabba being strangled by an 80 girl and a thin chain.

freethought
Feb 24, 2011

Cthulu Carl posted:

Also, hutts are incredibly tough and hard to kill as evidenced by Jabba being strangled by an 80 girl and a thin chain.

Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Jabba was supposedly different from the other Hutts in that he was totally about humanoid pussy even though he couldn't actually do anything other than leer and lick their faces with his gross tongue.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Of all the star war characters i identify the most with jabba

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Eastbound Spider posted:

Of all the star war characters i identify the most with the sarlacc pit

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Baka-nin posted:

Kind of stupid how they went with the whole "everybody in that race is how the one character in the movie was" thing with them.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Baka-nin posted:

I am glad that in the new star wars canon, the most prominent Twileks are an amazing pilot and jedi. there's probably really bad EU :biotruths: about twileks somewhere but the only one I remember was a pilot in the x-wing series.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Chill la Chill posted:

I am glad that in the new star wars canon, the most prominent Twileks are an amazing pilot and jedi. there's probably really bad EU :biotruths: about twileks somewhere but the only one I remember was a pilot in the x-wing series.

Are neural interfaces a thing in Star Wars? They can probably make up some bullshit about them using their head appendages to jack in to the flight computer.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Lobot is the one character than can directly interface with computers. Everyone should read the Lando comic miniseries. It's actually p good.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this? posted:

Kind of stupid how they went with the whole "everybody in that race is how the one character in the movie was" thing with them.

It's a common SciFi problem: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PlanetOfCopyhats

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Please do not link to :tvtropes:, namaste.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

You guys hear they're reshooting poo poo for Rogue One because it was too much like a war movie and didn't have the Star Wars brand levity?

hosed up if true.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

RFC2324 posted:

No, lekku are too sensitive and contain part of their brain. I learned that word when a player with a Twi'lek pilot named their ship the Lucky Lekku. However that character got neg'd by Palpatine who was a bit of PUA in that campaign.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TK-42-1 posted:

You guys hear they're reshooting poo poo for Rogue One because it was too much like a war movie and didn't have the Star Wars brand levity?

hosed up if true.

reshoots are a thing every movie does but people freak out about them for some reason

tho they did say the reshoots are to bring it more in line with new hope so who knows

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

PBS Newshour posted:

reshoots are a thing every movie does but people freak out about them for some reason

tho they did say the reshoots are to bring it more in line with new hope so who knows

I rewatched the original trilogy recently and I had forgotten how goddamn funny the movies were

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

I rewatched the original trilogy recently and I had forgotten how goddamn funny the movies were

It's funny reading the comments on AVClub or Ars Technica because all the nerds are angsting about how Star Wars should be 'dark' and 'gritty' and 'FOR ADULTS!' because of all the hosed up poo poo that happens and now Disney is making GBS threads all over it because they realized people might want movies that are still kinda light-hearted.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I was just hoping they would do different genre films in the same universe for the off year movies. Like a war movie featuring stormtroopers or x-wing pilots. A Bourne-esque action movie or anything really. I can understand what they're doing but I guess it's better in the long run to keep it in the same wheelhouse

I'm gay.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

PBS Newshour posted:

There's reshoots and then there's reshoots

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

TK-42-1 posted:

I was just hoping they would do different genre films in the same universe for the off year movies. Like a war movie featuring stormtroopers or x-wing pilots. A Bourne-esque action movie or anything really. I can understand what they're doing but I guess it's better in the long run to keep it in the same wheelhouse

I'm gay.

I was kind of expecting this one to be more of a heist movie but i guess not

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Lol I love that lowtax's trigger word just makes it even longer and bold.

In other words I'm homo

I haven't even watched the Rogue One trailer yet. All I know is nerds are mad again because female lady Mary Sue is bad or somethin

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Alan Smithee posted:

I haven't even watched the Rogue One trailer yet. All I know is nerds are mad again because female lady Mary Sue is bad or somethin

I think maybe they're just mad the mary sue in this case is a woman. Luke had a penis (presumably) and so was relatable. After watching VII it was much more offensive how dumb the movie was than the obvious fact that the girl could do anything and everybody else was varying degrees of incompetent.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

phasmid posted:

I think maybe they're just mad the mary sue in this case is a woman. Luke had a penis (presumably) and so was relatable. After watching VII it was much more offensive how dumb the movie was than the obvious fact that the girl could do anything and everybody else was varying degrees of incompetent.

Someone really should've taken Luke to task for that Womp Rats bullshit.

"Oh, wow, you used to hit big rats from your hillbilly glider? For real? Yeah, wow, that's totally like sending a missile directly down a shaft as you try and dodge enemy turrets. It's gotta hit it at the perfect angle, I mean perfect, it's gotta fly straight on down to the reactor for like a hundred miles without crashing into a wall. But you hit some rats before.

Man, let's get this guy kitted up, he is READY to fly a state of the art space fighter on this unprecedented mission."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Well they did say it was one in a million

Real talk my main complaint with Rey is that her progression is a little too fast on the Jedi powers. I mean what left is there for her to learn. Granted she hasn't been in a dogfight so maybe they are just reversing the order

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Someone really should've taken Luke to task for that Womp Rats bullshit.

"Oh, wow, you used to hit big rats from your hillbilly glider? For real? Yeah, wow, that's totally like sending a missile directly down a shaft as you try and dodge enemy turrets. It's gotta hit it at the perfect angle, I mean perfect, it's gotta fly straight on down to the reactor for like a hundred miles without crashing into a wall. But you hit some rats before.

Man, let's get this guy kitted up, he is READY to fly a state of the art space fighter on this unprecedented mission."

It should have been Wedge.

Like every movie should have had Luke being cocky and Wedge is right there shooting him down.

Womp ratline before the Death Star Run? Well, you covered that.

Taking down AT-ATs? "Geel, Luke, that tow cable idea sure works a lot better when you don't get your gunner loving killed. Oh,your speeder got stepped on? Yeah, mine's still good to go."

During the party on Endor Luke leans on a tree and instead of seeing Ben, Yoda, and Anakin sees Wedge pissing on Vader's pyre. Wedge gives him the finger. "Guess who survived ANOTHER Death Star suicide mission while the big hero was busy dealing with his waah-waah nanny-boo-boo daddy issues? THIS GUY."

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
And here I was thinking there was no other way for wedge to get better and here we are.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mange Mite posted:

I was kind of expecting this one to be more of a heist movie but i guess not

I wanted Ronin, but in space.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

RFC2324 posted:

I wanted Ronin, but in space.

Frankenheimer is dead. The dream may be no more :(

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

ScarWars (2018): After getting a Galactic citizenship card in exchange for assassinating an Imperial government official, Ton'i Mountanna (Tom Hardy) stakes a claim on the spice trade in Correlia. Viciously murdering anyone who stands in his way, Ton'i eventually becomes the biggest crime lord in the state, controlling nearly all the spice that comes through Correlia. But increased pressure from the police, wars with Imperial drug cartels and his own drug-fueled paranoia serve to fuel the flames of his eventual downfall.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

be interesting to see a morally dubious gray area character in Star Wars uni

basically Jack Sparrow in space which Han was supposed to be I guess

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

And here I was thinking there was no other way for wedge to get better and here we are.

TFA ends with Rey handing Luke his lightsaber. As he reaches out to take the long lost weapon, he looks over her shoulder. An X-Wing flies past slowly. It's Wedge. On his bi-weekly mooning run of Luke's hermitage.

Rey ponders this for a moment, looks back to Luke and says "You know, I think I'd rather train with him. Bye." She takes the lightsaber and leaves. Wedge's first lesson - delivered via loudspeaker strapped to the X-Wing - is to always call Luke "Sister-Kisser."

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Wedge has what, a dozen lines across the whole film series??

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Wedge has what, a dozen lines across the whole film series??

I think that might actually be a generous estimate.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I make my wife dress up like Wedge and say "Look at the size of that thing" when I get my baby dick out.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Cthulu Carl posted:

I think that might actually be a generous estimate.

Yeah, it's like half a dozen on IMDB

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The big advantage Wedge has over other minor characters is that while he doesn't do much, he gets the job done and survives whereas so many others do absolutely nothing and then go out like chumps because they can't handle a blind dude with a stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

TK-42-1 posted:

I make my wife dress up like Wedge and say "Look at the size of that thing" when I get my baby dick out.

"Wedge! Pull out! You're not doing any good back there!"

• Locked thread