Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck
Corruption: 13

"Janine does the firm happen to have any apothecarial apparatus? I know it's not standard procedure but I was hoping I could make use of it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Martin Beck

Janine raises an eyebrow and momentarily stops packing the most valuable books. She shrugs and gently floats upstairs. She comes back with a heavy bronze key. GGS is always willing to let its employees dig themselves in deeper. The elevator is out of order though.

Maxine Wei and Cassie Beck

The ratboy stares at Maxine like she just started screeching in tongues, "break a promise?" You might as well have told him that you stabbed Druford because he swam to Saturn and back last night. "I watched Druford and he was above ground but I Witnessed no contract and I think the court did not Witness it and I Witness what I Witness I don't know how to Not Witness what was Witnessed but..." he chews nervously at his legs wound, "I'm pretty dumb and I don't know most things. You wants to appeal in the Winter Queen's Court before we War?"

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Blood +0 Heart -1 Mind +1 Spirit +3
Mortal1 Night -1 Wild 2 Power 0
Harm: 1/5 Corruption: 2/5 Armor: 0 Foretelling: 1

I freeze. Oh, no, Don. Oh no, no no. Not you too.

Seriously, what the gently caress is this weird false god I have in my basement made of, bad-guy-heroin? Everyone's loving addicted to the end of the world this week.

I let out an involuntary groan. "Don. Don, look at me. You know me, right? You know about my visions? gently caress, you've seen me have one right before your eyes. You, at least, know that they're valid. Right?" Normally, i wouldn't even ask this -- what's being a horseperson worth if not this -- but it's been a bonanza week for Cassandras. I take Marconi's hand and squeeze it. "Then look me in the eyes when I tell you this; I have seen what happens if the thing in my basement gets released. Seattle burns, then drowns, then disintegrates. This is not a thing you can use, Don. This is not something that will power an engine to do anything but end the world. This is something you keep locked away forever, and throw away the loving key."

Persuade an NPC

@OKShark (Ashley) you rolled 6, 2-1 for a total of 7.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Gavreel, The Angel

Blood +1 Heart +1 Mind +0 Spirit +1
Mortal 1 Night -1 Power 1 Wild 1
Corruption: 0/5 Corruption Advances: 0 Armor: 0
Harm: 0 Faint, 00 Grievous, 00 Critical

Who Is Your Lord?

I have but one Lord and nothing, not even Death and oblivion, will change that fact. I was made for a purpose, I was made for peace and to preserve it, I will not abandon this purpose, for it is all that I am. Nothing more, nothing less.

What do you do?

Death is a part of life, but it can come too soon for many. It was less cold in the past, a way for us to connect to our creator, but now the halls are empty. Seeing the man die does not disturb me for I know of the soul as a fact and can hope he receives what is due to him, but what unnerves me is how he passed on to there hereafter. He was someone who bore a lot of sorrow and a burden that was unjustly his, to be struck down may have just been as much a mercy as a cruelty. It is hard to say.

Strangely, something feels off, but I do not know what. Something about his soul.

Let It Out
Try to see what's wrong with the dying man's soul. Why it feels...off. What this wizard tower's spell did to it.
@Gavreel, The Angel you rolled 3, 2+1 for a total of 6.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Jack Chase
0/5 Harm 1/5 Corruption
While the Genie might say he needs to serve someone to be protected from the GG&S, there is no way in hell Jack is going to do that. He is an independent operator, and not even the threat of GG&S is going to change that. He might make deals with those in power, but he isn't going to give up his freedom. He starts to head down the steps.

wandering
!roll 2d6+1
RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 6:36 PM
@IShallRise -Jack Chase you rolled 4, 1+1 for a total of 6.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck
Corruption: 13

Martin stared at the key and staircase. Wasn't Jack up in that direction.

"Ugh, I think I'll check it out later. Let me help you!"

Martin starts helping Janine save the valuables, paying close attention to what the firm considers valuable and most worthy of being saved in the event of emergency.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Jack Chase

As you venture down the dark spiral staircase Marconi pops back into your head, "hey there old buddy! Sorry, got distracted by my ex being a spoilsport and MY loving SON DYING! Anyway, I'd take it as a enormous personal favor if you hosed up these assholes' entire world. So, on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being just a tiny hit of juice and 10 being complete HellFire Nuclear Meltdown, how much demonic power are you comfortable wielding? Oh! The library is just ahead, let's burn it to the ground and immolate all within!"

Even as his voice intrudes on your brain, you hear a stone-grinding noise and then heavy, rhythmic stomping coming from below, Giger Jr.'s pompous, prick-ish voice calls up: "Our wards might not be 100%, but thanks to some great efforts by our junior associates we can track you, Jack! I'm here to give our second offer: drop your weapons, march upstairs, and let Smith put that Nexus back where it belongs. You don't even know what it is! Do that and you'll walk out of here unharmed, and we will enact no retribution. Refuse, and we will cut your tendons, shatter your ears, and pluck out your eyes. We need you living, not healthy. A cripple will do fine!"

You can hear the marching, like an army of stone, coming closer.

What do you do?

---
Martin Beck

You hear some grinding coming from the other side of the stair-doors. From the sound of it, you think someone roused the Stone Soldiers.

What do you do?

---
Gavreel

The spell seems to be coming from the city itself, as if all the spiritual power flowing through it suddenly rose up to strike down its most hated inhabitants. No man could possibly generate this kind of power. No man could even wield it. You feel a lurch as the power lashes out chaotically. The human Wards, lesser versions of Angelic Runes, are unable to completely control the spell. You can feel them collapsing with the help of a saboteur. At this rate, the city itself is in danger.

What do you do?

---
Ashley

Marconi swirls his brandy and frowns at you, "izzat right? Well, gently caress that guy, then. Your sister also said I shouldn't go with that, just stick with Vanilla Apocalypse. I think some of the other guys are heading that way too, now that it looks like it's a go..." he pulls you closer and turns his head at an angle Jesse can't see, then he rolls his eyes at her and gives an exaggerated stage-wink, "so I'm switching to my backup plan, codename: Con Air."

You know Jesse would never in her life deign to see Con Air, but he seems to be counting on you knowing the plot. Marconi is, of course, Nicholas Cage.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck

Martin pulls back from the door as he hears the stone soldiers. poo poo was about to go down.

"It sounds like they're right outside the library on the emergency escape. Let's get these treasures out somewhere else safe."

Martin is gonna help Janine evacuate the library.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Maxine Wei
Harm 0 00 00 - Corruption 0/5 - Mortal Night(x) Power Wild(x)

Figuring out consequences
!roll 2d6
RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 5:46 PM
@TLB - Maxine you rolled 6, 3 for a total of 9.

I was hoping to use this on Druford, but since he's a pile of ash in a box, I might as well get some use out of this now. Probably won't work as well on this vermin beast, but hell, Lethe is Lethe. "Well, now. If we're going to talk, we should get you patched up. I've got this mystical medicine, will make you feel no pain while you recover." That's even a fae truth, since he'll be knocked cold and probably won't remember much of the last few hours. "Just take a bit of this, and everything will be just like new."

I offer him a bit of the lethe, enough to get him to forget at least who killed Druford.

Persuade NPC
!roll 2d6+1
RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 6:22 PM
@TLB - Maxine you rolled 5, 1+1 for a total of 7.
Irresistable makes this a 10+.

"Just have a nice rest..Shhh."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Gavreel, The Angel

This is insane. What is going on? What in the world is generating this kind of power? Is it a demon or an angel? It can't be a mortal. This is just too much for a mortal. Or even an undead. This is...more than I expected, but it is why I'm here. That music is not pleasant, like nails on chalkboard.

I need to find where this is coming from and fast. It might be all the spiritual power of the city flood forward, but there must be an epicenter. Who did this, really? An angel? A demon? Both are in the city, but who would put so many lives in danger? Com on, Gavreel, I just need to relax, take a breathe, and try to see if I can't find the source: I need to find it so I can save these poor people.

Let It Out
@Gavreel, The Angel you rolled 5, 1+1 for a total of 7.
On a hit, choose 1 and mark corruption.
Gavreel forced his will upon the cosmos instead of serving it like an Angel should: 1 corruption
Extend your senses, supernatural or otherwise

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Ashley Winston

Oh my god, this is the nerdiest conversation I've ever been involved in.

I give the Don a disdainful look that's only half feigned, and sigh. "All right, this looks like one of those "lesser of two evils" type deals, so I'll tell you what: I know you wouldn't even be bringing this up if you didn't have some concrete plan in mind. So I'll make you a deal; you tell me what you want me o do, and I'll see if I can stomach it, and if so, we trade; my talents for a hit off of the divine essence I need for my vision quest."

"And yes, i did phrase that so you could get the maximum mount of innuendo out of it; my little gift to you."

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Ashley

Marconi shrugs, "well, Red is flying in soon and I think the plan is to start a clusterfuck all out war in the city that will spread through the country once he starts fanning the flames. I'm doing my part by picking a fight with GGS, which I am, 100%, because gently caress those guys. I'm also pulling a Cage on the US government. They are totally going to march in on this, maybe even start purging supernaturals which as you know is something I'm really into. I think your sister is working on the Dragon War. She struck a deal between the Naga, Leviathan, China, and the Summer Court. They're looking at Seattle for a spearhead to conquer the continent. So here's the deal, I'll deposit some divine seed in you and give you the magic touch. In exchange, you'll help your sister finalize the deal with Summer. Those pussies aren't on the apocalypse train so they need some gentle stroking to come onboard. Because we're such good friends, I'll deposit my seed inside of you now."

He pokes your forehead and it burns a little. He pouts, "it's really anti-climactic without all the robes, chanting, undulating ladies, piles of snakes, or dead chickens. You wanna at least gently caress?"

What do you do?
---

Gavreel

Not a man, not an angel, an Abomination. At first it's difficult to see who is directing the spell, but as the wards crumble under sabotage you get a glimpse of it's true form. God gave both men and angels a Divine Spark which forms the foundation of the soul. It's an eternal power source born of His own essence. But if man's Spark is a candle, Angels are a bonfire. Angels can use it naturally to, in a limited capacity, alter the reality God created and thus perform a miracle. Men, initially taught by fallen angels, eventually found a way to do the same. Angels are limited by their own nature to not inflict their will on God's perfect creation. Fallen angels are limited by their corrupted Spark which is no longer eternal and must be re-fueled by men. Men are limited by their relatively weak Spark. This creature is born of men, but it is not a man. It's taken souls, thousands of souls, and somehow congealed them into a single will. In doing so, a thousand candles become a bonfire. It is a false angel without the limits of angels, devils, or men.

What do you do?
---

Maxine Wei

The Ratboy eyes you suspiciously for long enough to make you nervous, then you blurt out a phrase you heard once: “yours without obligation, let or lien. A freely given gift.” It grins like it just conned you and gulps the stuff down as quick as it can. It has a bewildered look on its face, and then collapses to the ground. You can hear sirens in the distance.

What do you do?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Gavreel, The Angel

"..."

"..."

"..."

I need help.

This is not what I was expecting. There has to be another angel in this city. I can't do this alone. I need one of them to help me out, get this right.

Hit The Streets For Angelic Assistance
@Gavreel, The Angel you rolled 4, 1+1 for a total of 6.
GM may make a hard move.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Ashley Winston

I rub my forehead. "Jesus. That was fast, Don. Even for you." It feels... tingly. And corrupted, obviously, but that's basically background noise at this point. I look at Jesse over his forehead. This is a plan? But what else do I have?

Leaning over him -- he's short as hell, which is a sore spot -- I kiss his forehead. "I'll take a raincheck on the gently caress," I tell him. "Sorry. I already promised to meet a friend after this for drinks." Then I decide to show some mercy. "But I'll tell you what; I'll try to steer her to one of your bars, and if the great Don Marconi just happens to show up in all his charming glory, you can try for double or nothing." There's no way in hell it'll happen, but I figure Marconi will appreciate the attempt at temptation.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Maxine Wei

"That's our cue, Cassie. Not that the cops are going to charge us for making dust, but we'd have to explain a lot of things." Not the least of which is the security guard still in my trunk. "Did you want a ride anywhere? I've got to lay low after we dump the security guard off and I've got to make a call to my lawyers. You know, see if we can't get some mystical.. legal standing or whatever that thing that Druford wanted so bad was all about."

I head out to the car without too much trouble, jumping inside before the cops get there.

Escape!
RoboNitoriBOT - Today at 8:53 PM
@TLB - Maxine you rolled 6, 4+2 for a total of 12.
I'll owe someone a debt if it's still needed on the escape.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 22, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie the Wolf
Stats: Blood 3, Heart -1, Mind 0, Spirit 1
Factions: Mortality 0x, Night 2x, Power -1, Wild 1x
Harm: 1/5 Corruption: 0/5 Armor: 0

Grateful that this got smoothed over, I say, "Yeah, let's get out of here."

I text Ashley, letting her know I'm free, and after a little, I get an address. I plug it into her GPS and say, "Drop me off here, if you don't mind?"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Just as a head's up, I am going to see Azael.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
End of Session!

And then the water rushed in. The waves took thousands, and behind them came the Naga. Ah Atlantis! The Holy City! May you return to the blessed deep! The Leviathan calls!

Only those with a strong spirit weathered the initial wave. Roll + Spirit. On a 10+ you survived unscathed. On a 7-9 choose one. On a 6- choose two.

• Someone sacrificed themselves to save you. They’re dead, and their debts are now yours.
• You lost a great deal, and had to scramble to save what you have left. You lose two debts and a major asset of the GM’s choice.
• You had to sink deep into your dark side, take 3 corruption.

They chose a poor time to conquer. War laughs, for his time has come. The Dragon was awake, and the Winter Queen stood with the White King. They turned back the tides even as the city collapsed into open warfare.

Smith’s slaughter complete he returned to the Wards. His tower stands, defiant, between the Leviathan and the Dragon.

In the fighting that followed, the savage profited. Roll +Blood. On a 10+ pick 3. On a 7-9 pick two.
• You killed a vulnerable enemy of your choice
• You hurt a secure enemy of your choice
• You protected what’s yours and came out of the fighting more secure than ever
• You came out of the fighting with an infamous reputation

And Null? The Naga Queen broke her seal, leaving just one left. The Ghost of the Void walks among the living, and the Dead have ceased to speak. In Ashley’s box, a heart beats, but the body still cannot find its soul.

I’ll post Ashley’s vision later.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie the Wolf
Harm: 1/5 Corruption: 3/5 Armor: 0

During the deluge, I had to shift between wolf and human a lot. I fought and ran and climbed and swam as needed to keep my head above water. In addition, I let my natural healing take care of any harm I took.

Only those with a strong spirit weathered the initial wave:
You had to sink deep into your dark side, take 3 corruption.

During the violence, I made sure to protect what was mine. I think I was running on adrenaline and MRE's for two days, but anyone who even tried to make trouble in my neighborhood found themselves quickly beaten down. But, a few clued in people who just wanted shelter from the storm and violence pledged themselves as members of the community, and I protected them from all comers.

After all, it's not like Druford was around to protect "his" land, right?

In the fighting that followed, the savage profited:
• You hurt a secure enemy of your choice (Unsure about this. I'll think it over more.)

As I surveyed the aftermath, I saw everyone coming together, picking up the pieces and lending a hand to their neighbor. It was pretty touching, honestly. I allowed myself a tired grin, and then went to finally get some well deserved sleep in my hideout.

If you are actively patrolling your territory at the start of the session, roll with Blood.
On a 10+, your territory is secure and trouble is at a minimum; take +1 ongoing to Hitting the Streets in your territory.

Rolls are for after Ashley and I had our chat. I'm gonna be free Saturday evening and Sunday if you wanna Discord it out.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Maxine Wei

After I drop Cassie off, I barely get back home before the rest of the poo poo hits the fan. I knew about these drat fishpeople, and I didn't do anything about it. Too busy chasing down my own poo poo. When all these problems hit my turf, I was lucky to be there. We definitely did our part to add to everything. Seas running red and all of that, made quite a mess that eventually washed away. Being able to see through walls helped more than it should have.

Initial Wave
!roll 2d6-1
RoboNitoriBOT - Yesterday at 8:22 PM
@TLB - Maxine you rolled 6, 2-1 for a total of 7.

Once everything was locked down, though, we made sure we weren't going to be losing anything to anyone. Pushed the White King's gangs out of my part of the city, without holding back for a second. I'm going to need another new suit.

Savage Fighting
!roll 2d6+2
RoboNitoriBOT - Yesterday at 8:23 PM
@TLB - Maxine you rolled 4, 2+2 for a total of 8.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Harm: 1/5 Corruption: 5/5 Armor: 0 Foretelling: 1

The waters picked a hell of a time to rise, for both the city and the forces of Atlantis, because when Echidna made her play, I was deep in the dream, zonked out on demonic essence and Thompson-esque levels of drugs. What rose to the call of Apocalypse was only barely me, and mostly Conquest. Which means that, for the first time since the Black Plague, Three of the Four rode forth, in full raiment. I can only vaguely remember skimming across the sky on wings of thunder and fire, but i know it must have happened, because the other day I saw some rear end in a top hat in Wedgewood with the scene painted on the side of his van. That was out little Apocalypse, now. gently caress.

Initial Wave
Only those with a strong spirit weathered the initial wave. Roll + Spirit. On a 10+ you survived unscathed. On a 7-9 choose one. On a 6- choose two.
@OKShark (Ashley) you rolled 3, 2+3 for a total of 8.

So, I lived. A bunch of nagas didn't. Also a bunch of humans that got in the way of the three horsemen. I like to tell myself most of them deserved it, but... probably not. My sister thinks I'm now fully on board with the whole Apocalypse thing, which is more awkward than helpful. Also, my sanctuary survived, it being on high ground. Unfortunately, now the park where it's located is a FEMA disaster relief zone, so I've got hundreds of displaced flood victims parked on my lawn, as well as federal troops. So that's... interesting.

In the fighting that followed, the savage profited:
@OKShark (Ashley) you rolled 5, 2+0 for a total of 7.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Session 4 - Tax Day

Cassie

Things have calmed down a little. You’re a local hero in the mortal press for your disaster relief and community organization efforts, and your fierce reputation has only grown for the supernaturals. Which is no doubt why you find yourself in a sitdown now with Richard Drake. You’re meeting in the Blue Moon Tavern, along with the other werewolves who held the west university district. They also stood firm, though their territory is farther from the fighting. The juicy steaks and microbrews are on him.

“I would like to thank you once again for your fantastic service to this city. You eliminated a number of the Sovereign’s enemies, including a Mr. Hussiss who was planning a sabotage campaign against key infrastructure. For your service we would like to formally acknowledge what is already true: The Woodland Park area is yours. We believe you have already paid the customary tribute by taking the head of an enemy, though we would be happy if you attended the tributary ceremony. Your fellow Wolves,” he nods to the rest of the pack who are splitting their attention between football and the conversation, “have already agreed to be acknowledged as landowners, though as we understand it they have not settled on who ‘gets to be count.’ I understand that wolves often run together, so it would be easy enough to merge your territories into a Barony if you prefer.”

He makes it sound like it’s a gift, not an offer. Like it’s the most natural thing in the world. But you flash back to a phone call earlier today. The Red Lady brokering a deal for the Naga Queen. Rich payment in whatever currency you desire for access to your territory as a staging ground. She assures you that the Dragon is an ally of the White King and the Winter Queen, your enemies. They would support you while the Dragon would merely take advantage of you. Besides, Smith still stands with the Dragon. Didn’t Smith kill a friend of yours? She assures you that Maxine will be on board with this plan and if you don’t side with her you will inevitably be at war with each other. You don’t want to have to fight your friends, right? This deal lets you stay on good terms with everyone you care about, and bad terms with everyone you hate.

---

Maxine
You’re feeling like a real vampire lord these days. You have an army of hard veterans, well equipped and without moral compunctions. You have a rich territory full of the downtrodden and disenfranchised. The money from your new drugs is starting to come in, and Miss Zhang has been leaning more heavily on your soldiers for distribution, which means you’re making a real profit on her poo poo deal. Even better, Cassie has been working real hard to shield you from those wolves that have it out for you to the east, and those intolerant knights to the north. It’s all looking good. Which is when the Red Lady calls to ruin your day.

“Hey sweetheart! You’ve been doing real good. I hear you’ve been tight with Miss Zhang. You know she’s with the seafolk right? She represents some Chinese interests with deep pockets, looking to shake up things in the city. They’re putting a price on the White King’s head. Think if he dies the Winter Queen will pull out. She’s offering 1000 bodies a year for 100 years to any vampire that stakes him. He has to pop his head up for tribute night. Hit him before or after he gives the Dragon a rim job for keeping him alive and we’ll be golden. I’ve got some people on the inside that’ll make sure his security is a bit lax."

---
Martin Beck

You’ve been hiding out in the tower while the city sinks. Smith personally restored the wards, and stood with the Winter Queen and
Dragon to stop the tides. Or so you heard. You’ve been finishing up your potion while under lockdown. They finally fixed the elevator and Janine hands you a note.

Please come to my office at your earliest convenience.
- Smith

What do you do?

---

Ashley
You’re dreaming. But it’s different this time. You’re floating outside of the whole thing, watching dispassionately as your dream self conquers and burns and generally acts like a total psycho. All that exhilarating violence that terrorized you is just one bubble of possibility, floating in a sea. Each bubble is linked to countless others, a sprawling web of unique possibility. There are millions of futures, but only a few are pierced by the golden light of your mantle and revealed to you, again and again, until they shape your choices and draw you towards that terrible end. Your sister takes your hand and draws you from side to side, to the alternatives. The boring, ignorant life of a woman who ignores her dreams. The broken life of an addict who realizes how much better heroin is for an empty sleep than alcohol. She draws you along the long path of your struggle, until your inevitable death in battle. She shows you the glowing path of embracing your power, becoming both Angel and Woman and breaking the world so it can be healed. She smiles, encouragingly. This is better. This is right.

You peer at the golden light, where does it come from? You follow it far away, to the empty, endless halls of God’s abandoned city. Past the Throne that none dare sit upon. Past the endless throngs of contented, patient, waiting, souls. You find a dutiful Angel pondering over a glowing scroll. Itherael the Archangel of Fate, gifted by God to see all possibilities, but not to pierce the veil of free will. He raises his empty black eyes to meet yours in the dream. You can feel your power surge within you. Itherael doles out both visions and power piecemeal. He cannot make you choose, but with perfect knowledge of all futures he can skillfully manipulate you.

Your power is ultimately angelic. You can fight the horsemen as you would fight an angel. You can also cut them off from their power source. But, to give up the mantle without killing yourself and to end the horsemen forever you will have to kill Itherael, or force him to abandon his duty and Fall. He will not help you do that, so you would face him as just a mortal woman.

You wake up in your shelter/relief center. Arachne is humming to herself and stroking the Box. "Can you hear? His heart is beating!"

What do you do?

---
Gavreel
You did what you could to help the people of this city in this time of need. You’ve been very busy, and the Abomination still stands in its tower. You’ve decided to meet with Azrael as the other angel currently in the city. He’s sitting in a gaudy prop throne at the center of the abandoned theater, burned and now flooded. Angels have no inherent need to move or learn or change. So those that are waiting do just that. To indulge in the pleasures of the flesh is to risk falling. To concern yourself with things outside your purpose is to risk falling. So he sits and stares into space and waits. These days it feels like there is not enough time for you to fulfill your purpose. So many are in need of mercy and so few are giving it. The Angel of Death must have it easy. People do most of the work for him. As you approach he springs to life and sneers down at you, “hello little brother. I recognize you. I am waiting for the Horseman to Call me. What is your purpose here?”

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Maxine Wei
Harm 0 00 00 - Corruption 3/5 - Mortal Night(x) Power Wild(x)

Gain one debt on the Red Lady since she's asking for help here. Also, using Web start-of-session move on EDIT:The Skinwalker.

"Look, while that sounds.. too good to be true, you're gonna have to give me more than your word that you got some help on the inside before I go rushing inside on something like that." I look around my place, as I talk about this. "I mean, the security around Druford was a complete shitshow, but he was a loose end, I'd imagine. You're not going to tell me that they were that badly hosed by the flooding?"

I would be rolling my eyes, but I've still been cursed by this drat apocalypse-seal nonsense. "I think I've got some muscle I can lean into the White King, but I want to get my poo poo together for it. It's not going to be like what I've done so far. How long we've got on your little light security deal?"

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 5, 2016

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck
Corruption: 15 Hold: 4

"Earliest Convenience." The practiced, polite formality was chilling. Did Smith know? That Martin knew he was the Cannibal King? That Martin had hacked the wards and inserted a back door? That Martin had allowed the skinshifter in without putting up a fight? That Martin had helped Jack?

Any one of those could lead to a lovely selection of fates worse than death, but he was also in the heart of Smith's power. If he suddenly got the note and made a beeline for the exit then it would be suspicious. Play it cool Martin. Let them show their hand first then you can maybe keep trying to keep all your plates spinning, the firm, the Goblin King, the Dragon, the Japanese, the White King, the Don. He got out of the chair and made his way to the elevator his fingers fiddling with the vial of luck potion in his suit pocket. He had no idea how it would work but it was the closest he had to an insurance policy.

Channeling
@Apocron - Martin Beck you rolled 2, 2+3 for a total of 7.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Maxine Wei

"I should think my word is enough guarantee. Are you saying you don't trust me Maxie? I'm hurt. The White King was disturbingly adept at preserving his assets even as he lost half his land, but he also holed up in his safehouse instead of holding court, and let the Winter Queen do the heavy lifting. He must attend this ceremony though, and that predictability will be his downfall. My man on the inside is real and well placed. His vehicle will be missing its customary armor plating, his escorts will be incompetent, and his Fae protectors temporarily detained. Your window is narrow, before or after the tribute ceremony. I would not recommend you attack him in the presence of the Dragon and all her retainers."

What do you do?

---

Martin Beck

You ride the elevator up. The doors open and sunlight pours in. For the first time ever you see the top floor and...

You step into a small, beautiful, European village. It's sunny and smells like flowers. A young woman sits on her porch, sipping tea, and waves at you. "Hello Martin! Welcome to Smith!"

A man in old fashioned clothes approaches with a bow and a flourish.

"I am Jojann Weyer, one of the founders of Smith. With all these recent troubles I am sure you have already heard terrible rumors about us. The dark cowel and unearthly chorus does little to help our case. So we thought it best to show you our true form and thank you for all your hard work. Isn't it nice? A heaven of our own design, where we are the masters. Eternal wisdom, eternal power, eternal life. Come, sit, I'm sure you have questions."

What do you do?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Harm: 0/5 Corruption: 0/5 Armor: 0 Foretelling: 1

Taking Possession from the Spectre playbook for my second Corruption move. Seems approps for Conquest.

Fortellings: @OKShark (Ashley) you rolled 5, 1+3 for a total of 9.

Right. An Angel. It had to be an angel. I don't even feel surprised anymore. I guess I knew this was coming. That's what I get for being psychic.

I glance around the dank concrete walls of my sanctuary; let me tell you, a naga invasion and the rise of Ur-Atlantis doesn't do great things for your secret underground lair. Religious zealots can't shore up a retaining wall for poo poo. Hydrostatic pressure is causing leaks in places where you'd think no leaks would be. The carpets I laid out are already moldering.

Rising from bed and fetching a bowl to fill with honey-nut cheerios from my stash of dry goods, I pass Arachne, who's still fondling her evil beating god-heart. She gives me this look of childish pleasure at this new sign of the end; abject nihilism is a hell of a drug. She's also the only company I have down here since Cassie left, so I pull up a chair next to her and eat my cereal in silence, staring at the wall. This is my life, now. My old apartment washed away, so this is literally all the earthly possessions that I've got.

"gently caress it," I say, dropping the bowl into a bare stainless steel industrial cafeteria sink. "This isn't working. I can't keep trying to put out all the world's fires on my own. It's time to admit that I need help."

I get out my phone and find the old familiar number. "Alright, Don." I say, with a sigh. "You win."

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin

Martin's eyes goggle as he reaches the top floor. This was Smith? He could never have hoped to imagine that this was the face of the Cannibal King. Here in Seattle they had formed some kind of transcendental psychomagic portal realm. He had imagined this floor as soon nightmare of blood and agony but this warmth, this comfort was intoxicating. Still why play their hand now? Why finally draw him into their confidence, he began to worry that wherever Jack was up here now he was blissed out and pointing to Martin as part of the group that helped him. Still Martin had an alibi for helping him. Jack was perhaps his closest friend in all Seattle. That would work as a reason for why he tried to save his bacon.

"Sir, you honor me by inviting me to your realm. I knew you were a sorcerer of unimaginable power and you have exceeded that. But, what have I done to deserve this honor? Where are the Gigers?"

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Martin Beck

"Who, me?" Jojann looks bemused, "I'm a bit better than you. Always was better with theory than practice. I'm afraid when you meet the real Smith, you find you it is impossible to talk to Smith, you take my meaning? Smith is our minds and souls merged to one. We split and maintain our individual identities in here. Out there, we act in unison. I'm sorry but there is nothing you did to warrant this early meeting. We prefer to maintain the surprise until it is time to make a partnership offer. This is about something we did. An act of... irrationality. Some of our members were very... concerned about that thing we locked away. We founded Smith to lock it away after all. So we acted to... repair things. Perhaps we were a bit heavy handed with that Jack fellow. Perhaps we were complacent. We brought him here to put things right. But, then that thing regained more of its power. With infernal and abonimable power, Jack... wounded us and escaped. Giger and Giger have their own duties to attend to and it is... important to us that they not discover the wound. To heal we require two items. One is in the Dragon's care. Bring her our gift on tribute day, and tell her that Smith requires the Orb. The other is in the space needle. I'm afraid the needle stands in the flooded Naga lands now. Go to the place where magic dies and retrieve the black stone. Will you do this thing for us?"

Whenever he pauses, Jojann seems to freeze, and then immediately after he bursts into motion, like a video stream with bad buffering.

---
Ashley Winston

"Hey baby! I always win! What's my prize?"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Maxine Wei

"Accuse you of lying? Never. Just that if it was this easy, you'd come out and just take him out. So, I'm just assuming you've got a long game here. Beyond the obvious, of course." I look around, trying to see what I've got for something like this. "Is that all? If so, I've got an ambush to plan."

I wave over to the closest of my soldiers, trying to get him over here for when she's done with this conversation.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck

These poor sods. Trapped as Smith's battery until someone finally managed to break the real Smith and ruin their little paradise. Still Martin was at their mercy until he managed to handle Smith himself so he had to play along.

"If I retrieve the orb and the stone will I be made a partner? What about Eric and Samantha, I got the feeling they were in the running for partner too. Will they be running some parallel mission which turns this into a race? Either way I would be happy to retrieve the Orb and stone, but what are they? The presentation of the tribute to the dragon as the firm's proxy seems straightforward enough, but I'd like to know more about what's at the top of the needle. I've always sensed that there was something wrong there and if you're sending me in rather than one of the more established partners I'd like to know why I'm best qualified to face whatever the situation is"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie the Wolf
Harm: 1/5 Corruption: 3/5 Armor: 0

Gotta say, I take a long drink of my beer before I answer. That deal with the Naga was pretty tempting. But... the important thing is that I'd be stuck on the wrong side of the pack. We're getting along pretty well, and... I don't want to lose that so fast. It's one of the reasons I came out here, after all. Also, this way, the Fae will stay out of my hair over my claim on the land, which, given the last time they tried to give me grief, was more than worth it.

I'm sure Maxie will understand. It's just business.

And, well, Lady Cassie has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

After I finish the beer, I put the empty bottle down on the table and say, "Well, how could I say no to that? And, I'm fine keeping the counties separate for now. Maybe we all could work out something in the future." Before I know it, my empty bottle is replaced with a new one. I blink and glance around. I didn't even see a waitress come to the table. Still, beer's beer, right? I pick up the other bottle and give a slight nod to my new friends. And Mr. Drake.

"So, when's the tributary ceremony again? Anything I need to know before I show up? Don't want to step on any toes while I'm there, after all."

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Ashley Winston

"You win an ally, Don." I sigh. "Look, Don; I can't keep doing this poo poo all by myself. I've been bleeding off friends like they're going out of style. I need allies, and with all of heaven arrayed against me... your guys are the best shot. So I'm in. That plan we discussed earlier? I'm up for it."

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Cassie

"Party is tonight. Formal dress but that's not a hard rule. There is a hard rule: No fighting. It's very much a bread and salt affair. This is a chance for people who hate each other to snipe, gossip, or make peace to their heart's content. It's customary to bring a very, very nice gift. Best if you have a head of one of those people you killed still hanging around but your words and deeds will work. If you want to compete for her favor or humiliate your rivals bring something else. It's been a pleasure, feel free to call on me but for now I have a very busy day. In these trying times, do you know anyone else who deserves an invite?"

What do you do?

---
Ashley

"Peaches and gravy. Well, I guess you can do me a favor. They got me stirring things up with the mortals. You may have noticed the FEMA camp crawling up your rear end, and I hear some of those old FARGATE soldiers are snooping around. Red thinks that's loving wonderful and he'd like me to get them full Inquistion on the flooded undercity since all the monsters down there have been minding their own loving business. I think you know what to do... Hey, you hear the Dragon's throwing a party? She's been a real oval office to me but your sister wants the Horsemen to represent.

What do you do?

---
Martin Beck

"All of our employees have a... glorious future with this firm, but you have shown... Competence and discretion. This is a time of... Crisis. We've all decided that there is no need for this internal competition. To be frank, I barely understand what the Space Needle does, but we understand it when we meld our minds. It is... A kind of battery, a falisafe, and a second fortress. If the trapped entity is fully freed, we will need it. For now, we need its power to counter the... Wound. You should be wary of the Faceless Ghost." He smiles, lopsided, and nods like he just shared a clever joke. The other wizards are closer now, in a tight circle.

What do you do?

---
Maxine

Jamail, Frank, and Maya are your top soldiers. Jamail is in charge of intelligence, training, and discipline, and he's your right hand when it comes to the soldiers. Frank "the Punisher" is a born killer and your point man when you need a hard man to do hard work. Maya is some kind of weird ninja, Zhang gave her to you and she's your liason for the drug operations. She's openly spying on you, but she'll do dirty work and do it well.

What do you do?

---
Kifa Graham

So, Lyrica is looking to trade a gift that can get you in with the Dragon? Where's the meet and what do you have for her?

---
The Garriock

The angry sea came and washed to old away. You are free, for now. But the city is bound tight to Winter's vile bosum. The Great Hunt felled by the Goblin King's vile cunning. You can smell his musty slaves watching. You need vengeance, but first you need to be free and see. Who will keep you safe? Who will guide you to your captors?

---
Anne Andrews

Where have you been holed up, and how did the flood gently caress it up? Either way, you get a text. It's from 555-555-5555. Reads FARGATE ASSET REACTIVATE - REPORT. gently caress, you quit that poo poo 20 years ago.

What do you do?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Maxine Wei

"We need to find the possible routes in and out of the location. Find out what the White King is riding in, and how big his entourage is. Get Frank a truck. Well, a loving tank if you can find it. We're going to pin that little poo poo of a vampire lord in a crossfire and blow him up. Get every gun, grenade, whatever you can find that'll kill these fuckers. I've got a bit more business to take care of."

Well, this isn't what I'm used to, but it'd be better for us to get him on the way back out. I need to call someone I really don't want to, but she wouldn't be connected to me for when this goes down. Sure, Maya or Jamail might be able to get inside, but I'd like them help with the ambush. If Zhang really wants the White King taken down, she's going to want her pet ninja on that. I pull out my phone, sighing slightly.

"Call Ashley."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Anne Andrews
Harm 0 / 00 / 00 Corruption 0/5 Mortal Night Power Wild

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Where have you been holed up, and how did the flood gently caress it up? Either way, you get a text. It's from 555-555-5555. Reads FARGATE ASSET REACTIVATE - REPORT. gently caress, you quit that poo poo 20 years ago.

What do you do?

I was holed up on my boat with a case of whiskey and a telephoto lens, snooping on some sleazy rear end in a top hat for his jealous husband - not exactly a luxury cruise but I was kind of enjoying the time on the water. When the ocean rolled in my boat ripped free of the dock and ended up embedded in the fourth story of some tech company's office block. The insurance covered my basic financial loss but a lot of treasured (and potentially valuable) documents and photographs ended up in the drink. I kept backups, of course, but it turns out that saltwater is really bad for your typical basement server farm. Still, that wasn't my only asset, and starting fresh in this nice midtown apartment is a better deal than a lot of people got.

FARGATE? The hell do they want? More to the point how did they get my number? I didn't so much quit as run across the bridges as I burned them, they should think I'm dead or at least not interested in getting killed on their dime. Ugh, I never should have stuck my head out again. If they want a report but anonymized their call that presumably means I'm either under surveillance right now or I need to go hit up an old dead drop.

as this is my first time encountering FARGATE I'm using Old Friends, Old Favours:

Old Friends, Old Favours: 2d6+2 10

They are going to offer me Aid and Comfort

A quick walk to an old (but still secure) drop on the south shore of Union Lake, a heavily encrypted message in a a bottle, and let's see what the old agency wants from me this time.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

The Garriock
Blood -1 | Heart 1 | Mind 0 | Spirit 2
Mortality 0 | Night 0 | Power 1 | Wild 1
Harm: 0/5 Corruption: 0/5

intro theme

"There is a tide in the affairs of men, which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries," sang the Garriock. "On such a full sea are we now afloat. And we must take the current when it serves, or lose our ventures."

"On such a full sea we are now afloat!" crowed the Garriock again as they splashed through reeking puddles of seawater.

Seattle. Reek-stinking it was, soggy-logged and water-worn indeed, but it was a city which the Garriock could traverse freely at their own whims. No longer lock-ed up with the key tossed o'er the shoulder. Free!

"Five fathoms deep, my further lies," they muttered to themselves, more quietly. They had slipped their cruel bond several weeks prior, and had been laying groundwork before they did what they must now, skipping merrily through the floodwaste flooding the flooded city. Making connections with mortals and once-mortals, establishing debts, gathering brilliant beautiful clever bits of knowledge. That was interrupted by the most-damnable-flood of course, but the work was still compleated. Setting the stage (which, the Garriock reminded themself, is the world itself) for a real hum-dinger of an opening. The return of the prodigal, the tearful homecoming.

The Garriock, Jack of the Apple Court, lately the Prisoner of Seattle, Jailbreaker by nature and Vengeant by occupation, was returning, for the first time in years, to their Court.

"Head for High Ground, the River is Pissed," they said, matter-of-factly.

Despite the flooding, the Pike Place Farmer's Market recovered fairly quickly- money never sleeps and produce doesn't last. The particular confluence of commerce and biology brought life back into the floodstained neighborhood, the air was redolent once again with the cool scents of freshly harvested produce, the iron tang of butchered meat, the thick, heady, oily reek of cooking food. The Garriock open'd their nostrils wide, inhaling the scents, bathing in the scathing neon light. Home. Home again, home again, tickety boo.

Of course, the Garriock had a home to themself. But the Court was also home, in a different, puissant way. The embassy of the Apple Court to Seattle, a piece of the Fair Lands here in the Worlde of Manne. And, as the man said, home is where you wear your hat.

The Garriock brushed between stalls, bright peepers hidden behind signature sunglasses. It wasn't until they were right on top of Poor Winston that the guard-man masquerading as a stall-keeper noticed the Garriock, and then double-took so hard cartilage could be heard to creak and moan.

"You-" he stammered.

"Aye," they offered. "I."

Poor Winston looked first left, then right. Then he leaned over to hiss at the Garriock where the bustling masses of humanity couldn't hear. "Where have you been? No one's seen you for years!" he said. "Everyone thought that you were killed!"

The Garriock sneered one pretty lip. "The valiant never taste of death but once, Poor Winston, and there are no so valiant as the Garriock. Now will you bid me good day and allow me entrance to the court whose blessing I wear?"

Poor Winston frowned, becoming overwhelmed. The Garriock had not been seen for years, but they did wear the Apple Court's blessing, marking them as a member of that organ. Shaking his head, he stepped aside from the counter and allowed the Garriock to slip past and into the open court-hall of the Apple Court, magicked and beglamoured to cause the eyes of mortals to slide away. Before they entered formally, they turned to Poor Winston with some sympathy.

"After, like poor rogues, let's talk of court news. The Garriock will buy you a samosa."

And then the Garriock entered the Apple Court.

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 16, 2016

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Kifah Graham, the Aware
Blood 0, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild -1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 0/5

You could expect a place like the Pink Lady to face hard times during a time of crisis such as this, as people avoid spending their hard-earned money on something as frivolous as a burlesque show; in which case you'd reveal a fundamentally flawed understanding of human (and not-human) nature. A lot of people's reactions to disgraces, from the loss of capital caused by water damage to real estate to the loss of loved ones in the battle against the ; and nothing better to drown sense and memories in than good, old fashioned decadence.

A car that has never been seen in front of the establishment before parks on the other side of the street, trying as much as possible to minimize the splashing. Its driver double checks that the address is the right one: she doesn't like the idea of going there, but Lyrica had insisted on meeting here, and she can't afford to be choosy. The ceremony with the Dragon is tonight, and she needs to be there if only to keep an eye on the proceedings. Being officially recognized as a real up-and-coming player in the supernatural scene would also be nice, though. But to achieve that, she needs something precious enough that the Dragon will accept it as a gift.

'It's pretty weird how this society literally work on Medieval vassal rules.' she thinks as she gets out of the car and closes it with their little remote. 'But I guess I'll have to get used to it if I want to keep doing this.'

She splashes her way towards the Pink Lady- thank God for rubber boots- and hesitates for a second in front of the door, noting how unassuming and easy to overlook this place is. 'Whoever designed this wanted to hid their treehouse in plain sight'. She then shuffles inside and leans on the wall casually near the entrance. 'Better to scope out the place from where I can still back out. Just in case.'

Snooping around the Pink Lady: 2d6+1 9
What here is the greatest danger to me?

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 17, 2016

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Martin Beck
Corruption Countdown: 9

The wizards clamored around Martin. He could sense the ether heightening. This meant magic and he wasn't up for being the target of their juju.

"Smith! Please don't enchant me!"

Smith paused. 22 skeptical eyes focused on Martin, this was an acceptable part of his contract and to refuse was not only a faux pas but a breach of contract. Still Martin had come here of his own accord and put himself at their mercy so they waited rather than snuff him out for insolence.

"If you're injured then that means everyone will have their eyes focused on you. Looking for their opportunity to pounce. Surely that's why you or the Giger's don't leave the building. What you don't need is someone reeking of magic bounding through the city. Now that I think about the mission, doesn't it call for stealth and subtlety? Let me go without surveillance or support so that I can evade the eyes of those who watch and perhaps I can lay hands on the orb without anyone knowing that someone has left the building! Rather than singlaing your intent by expending your precious remaining magical force, save it for the battle to come. Give me the treasure for the dragon, show me a secret exit and perhaps I can visit the needle before the party tonight with no one the wiser."

Tricking Smith: 2d6+2 7
Going to choose: Avoid entanglement and confuse them for some time.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Martin Beck

Jojaan pauses, "an excellent argument! It's understandable to be nervous about such things, but understand that all we do is for your own good...

But then he's interrupted by the woman you saw first, "we should respect the young wizard's wishes, he will soon be one of us!"
'But the good of all"
"He is correct, they will hunt our presence"
"He has been acting suspicious"
"He will prove his worth"
They argue amongst themselves, unable to come to an immediate decision. You are able to leave before the Smith Override can manufacture consensus.

What do you do?

---
Kifah

The streets are dark, most businesses this deep in downtown are still flooded and closed. The Pink Lady is open, but it's not what it used to be. You heard it was one of the classier hangouts of the mysterious Vampire King, frequented by discreet, upper class monsters. Virtually no direct signs of feeding, but clear political and financial links to the Underworld. But... Not today. You spot a couple stumbling out, incoherently high, but a trained eye can see the their anemic pallor. You sneak into the abandoned store next door and find a drained corpse. Whoever is running the Pink Lady now, they are much less discrete. If you come in as an unaffiliated mortal, you're prey.

What do you do?

---
The Garriock

The stride into the Apple Court... But, no, into the Blighted Swamp? The geography of the Fae lands maps to the spirit of Mann. To you, the Fae is true and the Mann shifting. The Apple Court remains but its embassy to Seattle is winter frozen and water bloated. The Great Trees of Giving are nowhere to be seen, far now from the Market. Here the Goblins rule in the name of their foul king. No great matter, the door is simply broken... You feel for your Home and find... No. Rot in the core of the apple. This is the Apple Court? What of the Lady? To corrupt it so, she must be in another's keeping.

What do you do?

---

Anne Andrews

FARGATE is under new leadership, and new funding. Smith and the Dragon can no longer be trusted with sovreignty. The Tax Man is coming to collect, but he wants information. He's willing to pay for it. They transfer you a generous advance, enough to set yourself up anywhere in the city, a list of contacts, and a list of bounties.

1. Don Marconi's base of operations, list of lieutenants and allies.
2. Reasons behind the Naga invasion
3. Update on key supernatural players in the city
4. Names and dossiers on the current Horsemen
5. Undercity targets of opportunity
6. New assets amiable to working for the Federal Government in the city

What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Kifah Graham, the Aware
Blood 0, Heart 1, Mind 1, Spirit 0
Mortality 1, Night 0, Power 2, Wild -1
Harm 0/5 Corruption 0/5

Kifah's mouth is dry as she steps out of the store. She leans against the wall for support, as her mind feverishly goes through the possibilities. What the gently caress was Lyrica doing, agreeing to meeting in an hellhole like this? Was this a set-up? Did Lyrica sell her out? There is no way that she didn't know that this place was dangerous for humans. But she hasn't meddled in the business of that backstabbing piece of poo poo goddess, she wouldn't have set up this encounter otherwise, why would she do this? Maybe she's trying to get in the Vampire King's good graces? Would he have any reason to have beef with her?

She looks at the bite-addicted couple stumbling outside the place. No, this isn't old VK's handiwork. He insisted on keeping a lid on things, on running an efficient operation. This isn't his handiwork. The scene has changed.

She looks at the time on her watch. God, it's so late. Can she really expect to find someone else interested in selling a tribute worthy of the Dragon, arranging a meeting, meeting them in hopes that it's not somewhere where she counts as an appetizer and accomplish whatever bullshit they need accomplished before tonight? She might, but the odds are not good.

So she touches the reassuring, rigid shape of her taser, hidden in the baggy pockets of the sweatshirt she's chosen precisely for this feature, and steps inside.

Hard-Boiled is now active: I have 1 armor. If at all possible, Kifah will try to not attract attention, locate Lyrica and get to her rapidly, as to show that she's there with someone and should not be eaten.

e: apparently I was supposed to roll to keep my cool.
Don't draw attention, don't be noticed: 2d6 5
Well then.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Oct 19, 2016

• Locked thread