Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Toro Rosso rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lol

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When the b team of the drink company makes fun of you its time to pack it up. Rip Mclaren.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Maybe Honda just needed a change of environment. Like taking a troubled street youth from the gang capitol of Britain, Woking, and giving him a fresh start somewhere civilized like Italy.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

learnincurve posted:

She got in.

My 14 year old daughter got into the McLaren partnered engineering school.

Crying.

Congratulations LC and daughter!

Human Grand Prix posted:

BTF 1 and 3 are good. I dislike the second one; it's a bunch of bullass.

No. No, no, no. The original was the best, and the 2nd one was the next best one, because it had the dark Biff future in it. Also hoverboards. The cowboy one was the worst one. But still pretty good.

I like all of the recent Simpsons references and gifs. This should happen more often in the worst of threads.

GramCracker posted:

McLaren is taking sandbagging to entirely new levels never seen before.

http://www.skysports.com/iframe/widget/video/RnczZtZTE6OmwJhxOeO8gYd1wBVkmUvY

Lol, I'm the guy putting on the wrong tire. Then putting the correct tire on backwards.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

CratSock posted:

No. No, no, no. The original was the best, and the 2nd one was the next best one, because it had the dark Biff future in it. Also hoverboards. The cowboy one was the worst one. But still pretty good.

The Biff future is a little too close to our current reality.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

God I can't wait until the Honda starts blowing up again.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

CratSock posted:

Lol, I'm the guy putting on the wrong tire. Then putting the correct tire on backwards.

I'm the guy on the jack trying not to laughing my rear end off because I can't believe in what a lovely team I am.

This is worse than when they let fans try to change the wheels...

LC, can your daughter stem an F1 rear wheel? They might need help....

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

:nsa:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

The Kimoa Kid posted:

:same:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

GramCracker posted:

McLaren is taking sandbagging to entirely new levels never seen before.

http://www.skysports.com/iframe/widget/video/RnczZtZTE6OmwJhxOeO8gYd1wBVkmUvY

The first time I've noticed the tiny little Renault logo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dudley posted:

On the engine cover?

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Dudley posted:

To be fair it usually melts off after a lap or two.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Toro Rosso will win their first race this season.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Toro Rosso will win their first race this season.

As in their first race ever? They already have a win. Or do you mean they'll win in Australia? Because that would be great.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

As in their first race ever? They already have a win. Or do you mean they'll win in Australia? Because that would be great.

I actually forgot about Vettel's win. So, Torro Rosso will win their second race, this season.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Toro Rosso is going to finish dead last in every race and get relegated to NASCAR.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I believe that the plucky Italian lads from Faenza can get the fantastic Honda Power Unit working unlike some retarded fat boiled horse meat eating Brits

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

track day bro! posted:

I believe that the plucky Italian lads from Faenza can get the fantastic Honda Power Unit working unlike some retarded fat boiled horse meat eating Brits

It's that strong Austrian leadership that's maximizing the synergy of their partners.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Toro Rosso is going to finish dead last in every race and get relegated to NASCAR.

I will always respect NASCAR for being the one series Red Bull sucked rear end at

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I will always respect NASCAR for being the one series Red Bull sucked rear end at

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Theophany posted:

The Biff future is a little too close to our current reality.

Holy poo poo, I can't believe I never saw that before! Someone go find Trump's copy of Gray's Sports Almanac!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Honda got their poo poo together like a year ago but they were so done with McLaren's public humiliation routine that they reached out to Red Bull, who'd had their own issues with Renault, equally publicly. Around the time of pre-season testing last year, backroom deals were done and Honda and Red Bull management reached a loose agreement that Honda would continue to develop their engine, but not provide those improvements to McLaren. This way they could sour the relationship even further and McLaren would be unable to de-escalate from the rhetoric they'd been using.

Cue Red Bull 'reluctantly' offering Toro Rosso as a sacrificial lamb, knowing full-well that Honda had made leaps and bounds in the development of their engine. Red Bull got to fire a warning shot over the boughs of Renault and get a test bed for an engine that showed promise and was a viable parachute if Toro Rosso had a strong 2018 campaign that would also allow them to return to works team status.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

Honda got their poo poo together like a year ago but they were so done with McLaren's public humiliation routine that they reached out to Red Bull, who'd had their own issues with Renault, equally publicly. Around the time of pre-season testing last year, backroom deals were done and Honda and Red Bull management reached a loose agreement that Honda would continue to develop their engine, but not provide those improvements to McLaren. This way they could sour the relationship even further and McLaren would be unable to de-escalate from the rhetoric they'd been using.

Cue Red Bull 'reluctantly' offering Toro Rosso as a sacrificial lamb, knowing full-well that Honda had made leaps and bounds in the development of their engine. Red Bull got to fire a warning shot over the boughs of Renault and get a test bed for an engine that showed promise and was a viable parachute if Toro Rosso had a strong 2018 campaign that would also allow them to return to works team status.

Sir Arby's has many meats but we do not sell lamb

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I didn't notice the watch was on fire, lmao

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Sir Arby's has many meats but we do not sell lamb

This is what you get when you ban 'SchumacherFerrariFan82' from the motorsport.com comments section.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
If I were Hack Clown I would sue Honda, it's clear they've secretly had a perfectly competitive engine all along but chose to sabotage McLaren instead, probably on request from the EU.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Aren't they currently testing digital displays which attach to the left and the right of the camera on top of the roll hoop? Similar to what many racing series have for push to pass or what WEC has.

I hope they bring them in 2019, and I hope the resolution is high enough for this:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I didn't notice the watch was on fire, lmao

There's a temperature gauge as well, it's the best part imo.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

poty posted:

If I were Hack Clown

tURN Your MOnITOR

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

poty posted:

I can't believe Hack Clown is about to throw away Ron Dennis' masterplan, just when it was going to deliver an Honda engine with power and reliability like the world has never seen. Hmm actually I can.

He and Alonso, the mentally sick driver who is probably still whining out of jealousy for Palmer's skill and youth, are really made for each other.

They are doing irreparable damage to the best team in F1 history. This is a tragedy.

They are going to look so dumb next year when Kyvat becomes WDC. Ron Dennis must be spinning in his grave.

Toro Rosso is P3, check out this extremely correct prediction from legendary F1 genius poty

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

Toro Rosso is P3, check out this extremely correct prediction from legendary F1 genius poty

Where's Kvyat on the timing sheets?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Ferrari is obviously cheating as they are burning oil in plain sight (all of the Ferrari engines). They even illuminate the oil burning with the rear light. Fraud team imo.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tuo posted:

Ferrari is obviously cheating as they are burning oil in plain sight (all of the Ferrari engines). They even illuminate the oil burning with the rear light. Fraud team imo.

loving Germans, get out of my pub, you Nazis

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Theophany posted:

loving Germans, get out of my pub, you Nazis

I know where your pub is.

e: actually, I don't. London is loving big, thinking about it...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Germans are quite bad. Any Austrian will tell you this.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Even if Honda have their act together finally, Alonso was completely done with them and McLaren need Alonso to stick around.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Vettel is bad.
Schumacher is semi-bad.
Frentzen is awesome though.

Not sure where to put DTM-Glock and F1-Glock.

Heidfeld...phwoaaa

e: I always forget about Hulkenberg, also good

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Even if Honda have their act together finally, Kimoa was completely done with them and Kimoa need Kimoa to stick around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

Vettel is bad.
Schumacher is semi-bad.
Frentzen is awesome though.

Not sure where to put DTM-Glock and F1-Glock.

Heidfeld...phwoaaa

e: I always forget about Hulkenberg, also good

Tim O'Glock is Irish