Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Arcon posted:

Good news: I got Agrias' USB (and BSB) off the banner; Imperil for daaaays. Bad news, even with that and TGCid USB, I cant kill even the 280 difficulty nuTorment. I have 3 USBs, 4 if you count Alma's, (Also Have Gaff's) and I still cant make this work :[
What do you have in the way of party instacasts or other acceleration tools, regardless of realm? Much of my FFT tech is dated, but I was able to compensate by grabbing Aphmau as a healer as my one out-of-realm character and having Meliadoul act as the entrust bot. Aphmau's USB is an instacast medica/hastega/party instacast, so it's ideal for Cúchulainn to counter the AoE slow. Even if you don't have that specific one, something like Relm USB/Noctis SSB/Raijin SSB/whatever else might work to accelerate your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I got the second tier torment down to 56% hmmm...

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
So banner 1 has zero dupes for me and might help me clear torment, but i'm not 100% sure i'll need it for D280 since I have Ramza Chain and TGC USB and some good off realm Holy people to slot in on top. DWhale is a pipe dream probably forever so let's not count it.

But there's also FFV banners later in the month which are also zero dupes and will help with magicites that I'm still clearing (bartz spellblade fuckery) AND ffv torment. as far as FFV goes I have Greg Chain and USB, Bartz OSB and Krile BSB1.

I can probably have about 4 draws total, how should I spread them out? 2 on each? 1 FFT /3 FFV?

I'm leaning towards the latter because my Earth/Wind/Water could use some serious shoring up.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

are any of the ultras on this tactics banner worth tossing 50 in the hole for? i don't have ramza's second burst so it's tempting, but i have the three old bursts on the banner (agrias, ovelia, montblanc) and the agrias materia, so there's lots of chance for dupes. not to mention the fact that since tactics was the headliner on about 80% of the lucky banners over the last year means i've got more equipment for it than any other realm probably. whether or not the ultras are good might tip me one way or another.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Bartz stuff is always good and galufchain is a thing but you got lenna stuff which is blah. I've heard some people be down on the FFT banner 1 but I think it's quite good, especially if you need holy or healing, *3* chances at an ovelia medica. If you're looking at 4 pulls I definitely wouldn't feel bad about doing 1 or 2 on this banner. Montblanc's stuff is pretty meh but he's a decent dancer for a mage team.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Got Montblanc's BSB on my dollar draw :toot:. I wanted to have at least one relic each from the two Advance characters, and while I still don't have Marche USB (just BSB/LMR), that dream has come true.

Now if I run Alma as a Summoner, I can run a full Tactics mage team. (Marach SSB, Rapha USB, Montblanc BSB, Alma BSB/USB, Ovelia USB). Montblanc also becomes one of my better Ice mage relics, finally beating out Shantotto BSB and Vivi BSB2 for my Ice mage team.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
100 gem: Ovelia LMR
1/11: Montblanc LMR
1/11: Ramza LMR

Never pull.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
I started playing this again a couple of weeks ago after not playing since 2016 and am making my way through all the classic dungeons. I'm a little over half-way done with all of the missions and a few of my series rosters are sparse. With FF4, for example, I only have 4 characters unlocked. I was about to unlock Golbez with a soul but noticed the mission to recruit him only had a difficulty level of 29. When I look at the mission info, it says "completed" next to the mastery and first time rewards, including Golbez. Are these supposed to be unlocked or were they first time rewards added after I last played? I blew through the mission again and it didn't unlock Golbez, so it looks like I need to use a soul to get him. That's gonna suck if I need to use up all of my souls (15 at the moment) to get characters I'd already have if I'd waited to play the game. Any advice or suggestions? Can't tell if it's a bug or I'm just an idiot. Haven't gone through to see which characters I should already have unlocked by now, but I'm sure it's not just Golbez given how many missions have been completed. The overwhelming majority of the characters I do have unlocked range from L48-67 and I need some other fodder to throw in here and there so I'm not just using parties of capped 50s until I get MC1 for each of them.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

The dungeon rewards were revamped a few months ago, unfortunately if you've already completed the dungeon you can't go back and re-complete it to get the new rewards, so you're out of luck as far as getting the characters you missed for 'free'. The new rewards are mostly aimed at getting brand new players caught up more quickly. You should have been gifted a chunk of orbs + crystals when you logged back in for the first time since the revamp I think to partly make up for what you missed, unless it's been too long since the revamp for that to trigger maybe?

Either way, if you start playing again regularly though you'll quickly collect a ton of free souls + memory crystal 1 + 2's from weekly events, and be able to unlock anyone you want up to level 80. The game isn't shy about giving that stuff away, and nothing you could have missed is really important. If you feel like it you could start over on a fresh account and re-do everything and basically 'reset' all the dungeon mythril you got previously to spend on newer, better banners, but that's not necessary or anything.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Phew, close one!

My last attack was for around 100 from Alma and even though it likely wasn't, I choose to believe it was the difference maker.

My new team

I've swapped out Gaffgarion for Agrias and her BSB (also have OSB but didn't get a chance to use it). At this difficulty, it really does seem worthwhile to focus on one element if you can, or more specifically in my scenario, help TGC to hurt more. I still have Delita in there using lightning but he's putting up decent damage and 2 instant casts after his USB owns.

With what I have, I can't imagine I can do better than this, which I'm happy with since I have 60 leftover rubies after crafting Rainstorm Strike so that's hopefully an extra ability every 3 torments.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Philouza posted:

I've swapped out Gaffgarion for Agrias and her BSB (also have OSB but didn't get a chance to use it). At this difficulty, it really does seem worthwhile to focus on one element if you can, or more specifically in my scenario, help TGC to hurt more. I still have Delita in there using lightning but he's putting up decent damage and 2 instant casts after his USB owns.

With what I have, I can't imagine I can do better than this, which I'm happy with since I have 60 leftover rubies after crafting Rainstorm Strike so that's hopefully an extra ability every 3 torments.

Yeah, you definitely still want to try to focus on one element, especially if you have imperils. If you haven't already, definitely try to do the trick where you get the boss to 50% and then petrify your own character. This will get you mastery for the fight, which is another 40 rubies. Being able to get 240 rubies per torment means you'll be able to make 8 out of 9 of the new abilities every 3 months.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I didn't believe in the JP's new free draw rates after I got a 1* knife from it.

Now, I am!

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Indecisive posted:

The dungeon rewards were revamped a few months ago, unfortunately if you've already completed the dungeon you can't go back and re-complete it to get the new rewards, so you're out of luck as far as getting the characters you missed for 'free'. The new rewards are mostly aimed at getting brand new players caught up more quickly. You should have been gifted a chunk of orbs + crystals when you logged back in for the first time since the revamp I think to partly make up for what you missed, unless it's been too long since the revamp for that to trigger maybe?

Either way, if you start playing again regularly though you'll quickly collect a ton of free souls + memory crystal 1 + 2's from weekly events, and be able to unlock anyone you want up to level 80. The game isn't shy about giving that stuff away, and nothing you could have missed is really important. If you feel like it you could start over on a fresh account and re-do everything and basically 'reset' all the dungeon mythril you got previously to spend on newer, better banners, but that's not necessary or anything.

Thank you for the info. I've been popping into lower 80-120 events to get MC2 and sometimes MC3 but I'll go through and find out who I need to unlock with souls. I considered starting fresh but I have a bunch of 5-6* stuff I'd rather not get rid of, even if they do have old and underpowered breaks.

My only real complaint with the game since returning is that my Nexus 6P gets pretty hot and throttles down to the point that loading takes almost twice as long. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to try and play in an Android emulator on my PC instead. All of the Android emus I've found look super fishy and have ads though.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Decided after getting owned quick at D280 Torment (despite clearing D240 in under 30s...) to do all the Jumpstarts so I can dive some more people.

Oh my god taking Ramza w/Chain and TGC w/USB into these feels like the most degenerate thing I've ever done in this game.

I have Agrias SSB and enough motes to dive her to her Imperil LMR, will that also help make a dent?

Also how long does the Realm Chain last vs a Gen 2 Chain? Same duration?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Bloodplay it again posted:

My only real complaint with the game since returning is that my Nexus 6P gets pretty hot and throttles down to the point that loading takes almost twice as long. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to try and play in an Android emulator on my PC instead. All of the Android emus I've found look super fishy and have ads though.

Yeah I play on an emulator since I don't have a phone that can handle it, right now I'm Nox which, well, does have ads, but it seems pretty benign (not sure I'd plug a credit card into it tho). Leapdroid also works, and doesn't have ads that I can tell, I can't remember why I switched to Nox but I do like Nox a bit better, maybe if I dug into the settings Leapdroid can do the same stuff idk.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Well, I had very little to do at work yesterday so I managed to clear a bunch of content, which always makes me feel better about this game. Something about all the gimmick fights that come along with a fest that really drags this game down and makes it feel like a chore

I kinda like the nutorments, it's kinda refreshing to return to realm focus after nothing but elemental stuff for ages, even though I've only cleared 2 of the 4* magicites so far

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Decided after getting owned quick at D280 Torment (despite clearing D240 in under 30s...) to do all the Jumpstarts so I can dive some more people.

Oh my god taking Ramza w/Chain and TGC w/USB into these feels like the most degenerate thing I've ever done in this game.

I have Agrias SSB and enough motes to dive her to her Imperil LMR, will that also help make a dent?

Also how long does the Realm Chain last vs a Gen 2 Chain? Same duration?

Imperil is extremely useful for the Torments, especially D??? since that one is only 20% weak. Agrias really likes her W-Cast LMR to go with it though.

Realm and Gen 2 chains last the same duration. Gen 2 chains give a larger element boost but have the obvious drawback of being limited to only one element.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Has anyone brought Quina to the Celia and Lettie fight to see if s/he can be targeted by Entice?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Fister Roboto posted:

Has anyone brought Quina to the Celia and Lettie fight to see if s/he can be targeted by Entice?

Quina is not assigned a gender by the game. Anything which affects only males or only females will not affect Quina.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

are any of the ultras on this tactics banner worth tossing 50 in the hole for? i don't have ramza's second burst so it's tempting, but i have the three old bursts on the banner (agrias, ovelia, montblanc) and the agrias materia, so there's lots of chance for dupes. not to mention the fact that since tactics was the headliner on about 80% of the lucky banners over the last year means i've got more equipment for it than any other realm probably. whether or not the ultras are good might tip me one way or another.

i assume from the lack of response that’s pretty much a no?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Zurai posted:

Quina is not assigned a gender by the game. Anything which affects only males or only females will not affect Quina.

Does this apply to anyone else? I remember way back during the fest that had the coliseum with a bunch of themed brave synergy lists, there were a few other characters that were absent from both the male and female sets. Exdeath was one of them, I'm pretty sure, and I think Cait Sith?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

i assume from the lack of response that’s pretty much a no?

Afaik, Marche usb is great, the other stuff on these is only really good for the new torment, but to get anywhere with that you better already have Cid usb too.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Avalerion posted:

Afaik, Marche usb is great, the other stuff on these is only really good for the new torment, but to get anywhere with that you better already have Cid usb too.

yeah, i’ve got marche’s full suite already too. guess i’ll be prudent and Never Pull

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

spent the afternoon getting the 125 elite dungeons i have left down to 96 dungeons left thanks to the half stamina and boy is my phone tired

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Boy, I sure could use some more Holy options! Oh boy, a 1/11 6* pull!

:bang:

What the hell is this USB anyway? Damage, a break, and Proshellga? This seems very schizophrenic.
edit: I guess it'll work as for him as a dancer/mage hybrid.

Zonko_T.M. fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 15, 2018

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Boy, I sure could use some more Holy options! Oh boy, a 1/11 6* pull!

:bang:

What the hell is this USB anyway? Damage, a break, and Proshellga? This seems very schizophrenic.
edit: I guess it'll work as for him as a dancer/mage hybrid.

It's meant entirely for you to drag him to the nutorment where the pentabreak will do work and the proshellga will save slots and dWhale Cuchulainn is basically only viable with mage meta because of how high his DEF is.

Yeah, they gave the FFT nutorment 70k Defense. You're not gonna get more than like 2k per hit even with your non-Orlandus spamming rear end Saber outside of chain.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

the dainsleif crystal tower fight just shits out damage and i cant cope lol :(

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

dWhale Cuchulainn is basically only viable with mage meta because of how high his DEF is.

What? No. In fact I have not seen a single mage meta clear of Cucu. Pretty much every single clear is Ovelia, Marche, Ramza, Orlandeau, and Agrias.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I honestly didn't even know FFT had enough decent black mages for a synergy magic team.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I honestly didn't even know FFT had enough decent black mages for a synergy magic team.

Theoretically, Marach, Rapha, Montblanc, a healer, and I guess you could turn Orlandeau or Gaffgarion into a darkness mage? Or wait 6 months for Orran Durai to come out, he's likely going to be another mage.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Zurai posted:

Theoretically, Marach, Rapha, Montblanc, a healer, and I guess you could turn Orlandeau or Gaffgarion into a darkness mage? Or wait 6 months for Orran Durai to come out, he's likely going to be another mage.

Woah, I never even considered using Orlandeau as a mage, I kinda want to try that now just to see what kind of numbers he puts up.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

D??? does actually have lower RES than DEF, so he will take a lot more damage from magic than from physical attacks. A character at the MAG soft cap using Meltdown will do nearly twice as much damage as a character at the ATK softcap using Blast Strike, with all else being equal.

Definitely wouldn't say that only mage meta is viable though.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Zurai posted:

What? No. In fact I have not seen a single mage meta clear of Cucu. Pretty much every single clear is Ovelia, Marche, Ramza, Orlandeau, and Agrias.

Do you know if future ones are also this bad in needing one specific setup, or do the more varried realms allow variety in party building too?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Avalerion posted:

Do you know if future ones are also this bad in needing one specific setup, or do the more varried realms allow variety in party building too?

I really hope I'm misinformed but I heard that this is the easiest of the nuTorments. I'm not optimistic about things going forward.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Last minute pull:

:hellyeah:

The only elements I'm missing chains for are holy, earth, and water.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
2/4 on 5 star pulls in the new daily draw in the JP version, I got Vincent's glint today :stare:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i will say the rest of this discussion notwithstanding i’m looking forward to orran in january or whenever because he’s the last wishlist guy i’ve got so once he’s in i can throw my phone into a landfill

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Cowcaster posted:

i will say the rest of this discussion notwithstanding i’m looking forward to orran in january or whenever because he’s the last wishlist guy i’ve got so once he’s in i can throw my phone into a landfill

same but lilisette

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Shelke.