Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Lamar is better than Kordell, and plays for a team that is tailoring its offense to him, rather than trying to shoehorn him into Cowher's extremely Martyball game manager system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

FizFashizzle posted:

He was never very accurate, and passing wise he only had two really good seasons.

That said, he was definitely held back by Cowher hating quarterbacks, randomly switching him out with like Mike Tomczak, and then there were some .....rumors..... , about his off field preferences.

Speaking of preference rumors, how is Matt Moore looking for KC? Always wanted the guy to have another chance.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

zimbomonkey posted:

Speaking of preference rumors, how is Matt Moore looking for KC? Always wanted the guy to have another chance.

He's nails, it's insane how good he looks.

I don't feel like we have a good chance to convert every 3rd and 17 like I do with Pat of course but I also feel like the Chiefs have some chance to win every week. Which I very much did not expect since he was coaching high school football a couple of months ago.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Kirios posted:

Never forget that the Bears drafted noted bust Mitchell Trubisky #2 overall when Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes were on the board. Good job wasting a top tier defense.

Didn't they also trade up? Or is my brain trying to make it even more hilarious than it needs to be?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Dave posted:

Didn't they also trade up? Or is my brain trying to make it even more hilarious than it needs to be?

Yeah from all the way down at 3 to 2.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Kalli posted:

Yeah from all the way down at 3 to 2.

Thanks again, Bears.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News: people saying the Lions had an outside chance for a playoff spot.

Views:
https://i.imgur.com/YRwIPAe.gifv

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i looked at clay travis' twitter because of his lamar jackson take and saw that he was on a crusade this morning to point out that if jermaine whitehead wasn't black he would be killed and banished from society. do not forget clay travis for douchebag of the year

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
After Kordell chat a while ago I just realized the top four MVP candidates this year are probably in some order Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson and Christian McCaffrey.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Lamar Jackson, Randall Cunningham and Kordell Stewart all have played for the Ravens,

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kirios posted:

Never forget that the Bears drafted noted bust Mitchell Trubisky #2 overall when Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes were on the board. Good job wasting a top tier defense.

Chicagoans are trying to figure out if he's the biggest Chicago sports bust of all time when including the trading up to get him

Stacey king (bulls #6 pick over Shawn Kemp) and cam Barker(Hawks #3 ) are the other ideas so far

Oddly enough part of this reaction is the bears hadnt drafted top 3 in 40 years so the idea of having the super high guy be a bust isn't fathomable like it is for raiders , browns, chargers etc

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Cris Carter suspended from his TV show during an unspecified investigation.

Me Too?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

GD_American posted:

Cris Carter suspended from his TV show during an unspecified investigation.

Me Too?

Should have had a fall guy

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Didn't he beat the hell out of his girlfriend in the 90s?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Coldforge posted:

Thanks again, Bears.

Amazing that trade still holds up so ridiculously well even though Foster went on to Aldon Smith his way out of the league.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Grittybeard posted:

He's nails, it's insane how good he looks.

I don't feel like we have a good chance to convert every 3rd and 17 like I do with Pat of course but I also feel like the Chiefs have some chance to win every week. Which I very much did not expect since he was coaching high school football a couple of months ago.

I've always liked Moore and I thought he had a chance to be a good backup in KC because he's never been afraid to throw it down the field. With KC's weapons it really works.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Cavauro posted:

i looked at clay travis' twitter because of his lamar jackson take and saw that he was on a crusade this morning to point out that if jermaine whitehead wasn't black he would be killed and banished from society. do not forget clay travis for douchebag of the year

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1191323742288433152

christ

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

He got cut first thing this morning

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mike Mayock 100% was a cracker and so is Dustin Fox

It's hilarious though that everyone is reacting to the word "cracker" instead of the violent threats

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Flikken posted:

He got cut first thing this morning

I know, that doesn't make that take any less awful

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's Clay Travis though, he's spouting a lovely, racist opinion every time his mouth opens.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Deplatform Clay Travis.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, but tie a noose around his neck first.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

He was a raging alcoholic so probably.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

It's Clay Travis though, he's spouting a lovely, racist opinion every time his mouth opens.

He realized it was less acceptable to be misogynist like he started his career these days but more acceptable to be openly racist and man has he really leaned into that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

After Kordell chat a while ago I just realized the top four MVP candidates this year are probably in some order Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson and Christian McCaffrey.

Three black quarterbacks and a white running back. All the barriers have been smashed. We are truly living in a post racial america.

Kalli posted:

Yeah, but tie a noose around his neck first.

Coopting the language of the right to own the Nazis.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

When he was on the sauce

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chichevache posted:

It's good to terrorize and kill nazis, very good.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chichevache posted:

When are you gonna get a blue line tattooed around your upper arm?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What the hell is a Clay Travis anyway?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

mastershakeman posted:

Chicagoans are trying to figure out if he's the biggest Chicago sports bust of all time when including the trading up to get him

Stacey king (bulls #6 pick over Shawn Kemp) and cam Barker(Hawks #3 ) are the other ideas so far

Oddly enough part of this reaction is the bears hadnt drafted top 3 in 40 years so the idea of having the super high guy be a bust isn't fathomable like it is for raiders , browns, chargers etc

I would say Jay Williams for the Bulls. #2 overall pick, played one year, and then got injured in a motorcycle accident and never played again. 2002 wasn't a great draft class though.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Think the Tennessee version of Barstool.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The skeptic in me believes that BB was just loving around and wasn't showing anything defensively in case he needs to play Lamar in the playoffs. Bizarre that he would line up his slow, extremely un-athletic front 7 over and over again to get shredded by Jackson when he's got one of the deepest secondaries in the league.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Don't bother to learn and enjoy your life the way it is. Nothing will be gained by learning anything about Clay Travis.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
^^^
:thumbsup:

Kalli posted:

Think the Tennessee version of Barstool.

Oh boy. I'd prefer not to.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

For Chicago busts dont forget about Kevin White, taken No. 7 overall but only had 25 receptions for 285 yards and 0 TDs.

Then again I'm not sure if someone with horrible injury luck counts. Hes a FA now, and I hope he can fashion some sort of a career in the NFL or XFL.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

SKULL.GIF posted:

When are you gonna get a blue line tattooed around your upper arm?

Literally never. That poo poo is trashy.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

OxySnake posted:

For Chicago busts dont forget about Kevin White, taken No. 7 overall but only had 25 receptions for 285 yards and 0 TDs.

Then again I'm not sure if someone with horrible injury luck counts. Hes a FA now, and I hope he can fashion some sort of a career in the NFL or XFL.

Or the CFL

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Preston Williams torn ACL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DeSean Jackson dead.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1191453612414771200