Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
He also got me a cup of water and I’m pretty sure he didn’t spit in it but I’m probably not going to drink it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

tardwrangler posted:

metamucil is your friend.
If you get pain relief avoid opiods. Capadex is good as it doesnt bind you up.
Anticonvulsants suck does weed still help?

I had a bunch of dental work done a few years ago and the pain killers had me bound up like crazy. Took me about an hour and a half to crap out what felt like a cinder block. Horror.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Just typing the word codeine turns my poo poo to splintery quartz

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

McSpergin posted:

Really? What did you do?
Pool has me rigid if true

Really. :hydrogen:

I was an IT help desk/desktop support bitch. Lots of password resets (you have to physically come down with your ID to the IT building if you fuckup your password). Particularly fun seeing the Federal Cops come in sheepishly asking for a new password cap in hand. Remotely installing software e.g. for a new Mass Spectrometer. Did a shitload of RAM upgrades, sometimes requiring wearing PPE and a dosimeter for my health. Hope you like SAP (I don't). The network is blindingly fast.

Alcohol is banned on-site, but you can still have BBQs and drink piss at the pool as it's technically off-site, being located just outside the 2 razor wire fences as it were.

The cafeteria sucks. Just drive to the Menai Marketplace, it's like 3 mins away.

It's like the ultimate gated community, over 1000 cunts work there. I loved working at ANSTO. Have fun!

:350:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

~Coxy posted:

Just remember not to lay on the bottom of the pool there.

Yeah nahh.

You're not allowed to swim in the pools with the sweet blue glow of Cherenkov radiation for security reasons I guess. :downs:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dare you to hock a loogie in it

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Blow posted:

Hope you like SAP (I don't). The network is blindingly fast.

I'll just be there on a 3 year contract at this point as a design engineer for their waste processing plant. Something to do with their SYNROC thing but beyond that I just know it's a process plant

The cafeteria sucks. Just drive to the Menai Marketplace, it's like 3 mins away.

I think I've been there, had some decent chicken from a place there

I still gotta find a place to live, preferably within 10 mins or so. Menai seems relatively good. It's so much cheaper out there too compared to Parramatta and the North beaches tbh

Going clay shooting this arvo with current work for our Xmas party kinda thing then going to some indian place in Terrey hills that's apparently one of the best indian restaurants in Sydney

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

If it doesn't chill out in a few days I'm gonna have to go to the doc which is a miserable proposition, I'm convinced its because I'm switching epilepsy pills and i'm on sooo many right now

You're using Proctosedyl right? You don't need a script for it anymore, you can buy it over the counter. It has anaesthetic and anti-inflammatory active ingredients in it.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

McSpergin posted:

I still gotta find a place to live, preferably within 10 mins or so. Menai seems relatively good. It's so much cheaper out there too compared to Parramatta and the North beaches tbh

Going clay shooting this arvo with current work for our Xmas party kinda thing then going to some indian place in Terrey hills that's apparently one of the best indian restaurants in Sydney

SYNROC? Might be to do with this? :hydrogen:

https://www.ansto.gov.au/news/new-global-first-of-a-kind-ansto-synroc-facility

I wasn't sure if maybe you were actually working at the Lucas Heights Tip (some days there is a bit of a rank smell from the tip), but your mention of SYNROC confirms you are on the good side of New Illawarra Rd.

When you do the safety induction, make sure when they bring out the Alpha, Beta, & Gamma sources and the geiger counter that you put your hand inbetween the Gamma and the geiger counter. Freaks 'em out. :lol:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

https://open.spotify.com/artist/1gqScLJ95gthFQ3TavIKSk?si=2D4f2ZXETSejBXdML_UWmw

I don't post here but I imagine some folks here are a fan of TISM, they're on Spotify now with a great 'about' section

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Spudd posted:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/1gqScLJ95gthFQ3TavIKSk?si=2D4f2ZXETSejBXdML_UWmw

I don't post here but I imagine some folks here are a fan of TISM, they're on Spotify now with a great 'about' section

You just posted here ...

TISM are Gods.

SYNROC --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg3ic_lKT7k

E: Cheers Spudd. Listening to TISM.

:350:

Blow fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 22, 2020

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I agree with the sentiment but also I think I am old and not with it anymore judging by my reaction to it

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Yep that's me, process and fabrication design engineering contractor and some fluid simulations they were looking at me doing seeing as I did both my bachelor's and master's theses on fluid simulations. No specifics but something to do with super high pressure gas transport?

P keen on that 15.4% super truth be told.

We went clay shooting for our belated Xmas party while our regional reps in WA and Tassie were in town. I shot 21/25 and have never fired a shotgun before (only rifles and pistols). Smashed it

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
How do you manage to miss 4 sales reps with a shotgun? Smh

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Shotties are piss easy it's like firing a bunch of rifles.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Just had to snip a joey out of the back fence, dumb fucker got his ankle caught between the guide wire and the top rung of the fence and looped it around its leg and snapped it. Poor loving idiot was dangling upside down screeching and his whole pack is just sitting there looking mad at me while I’m trying to get him out without him clawing the gently caress outta me.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Animals trapped in stuff is a real fuckin test every time. I remember cutting out a little bird that was stuck in chicken wire and it went apeshit biting my hand, and once I freed it it got eaten by a cat. Another time I found a little lamb tangled up in some junk and I leaned over afence to pull it out and didnt realise I was against both a live and ground wire and I got whalloped. The lamb was fine but i felt like i got hit by a car for a few days.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I’m really keen to get into wildlife care but they recommend you start small so a joined a lizard group to get info and they spend a lot of time talking about how to stop hawks immediately devouring your boys when you release them into the wild

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Before anyone asks; all lizards are boys and all birds are girls. Don’t ask me to explain this, I don’t know how

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
lol I forgot that I ended up storing my car in Belco over Fyshwick. Car got wrecked.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Watching two parcels race each other from melbourne. Ones express the other isn't as it contains hobby paint that can't be flown. Knowing my luck they'll both get delayed and arrive on Tuesday or something stupid

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

lol I forgot that I ended up storing my car in Belco over Fyshwick. Car got wrecked.

That sucks!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
TISM is on spotify now.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tirade posted:

My friend was sleeping in a shed at a car yard the evening the hail hit and he sent pictures of total destruction in the morning

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Spudd posted:

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

TISM is on spotify now.

The lack of TISM was a small part of the reason I just canceled my spotify premium account. I have everything of theirs uploaded to google play music anyway though so I'm not going back.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Caesar Saladin posted:

If it doesn't chill out in a few days I'm gonna have to go to the doc which is a miserable proposition, I'm convinced its because I'm switching epilepsy pills and i'm on sooo many right now

Non medical intervention: half to a whole glass of pear juice a day will loosen things up and make poops easier, thus butt pain less agonising. Lube butt up with butt cream. Proctosedyl looks better than anusol. Good luck!

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Just drink like 8 IPAs dude

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Isaac posted:

My friend was sleeping in a shed at a car yard the evening the hail hit and he sent pictures of total destruction in the morning

Sleeping in a shed during a hailstorm doesn't sound very restful. Was he really sleeping or staring at the roof with a baleful fury?

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

everything in my yard is covered in orange gunk water god drat poo poo is hosed right now.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

naeka posted:

everything in my yard is covered in orange gunk water god drat poo poo is hosed right now.

Same , but I imagine far less pleasent on your end

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Jestery posted:

Same , but I imagine far less pleasent on your end

yup we've had lane and even street closures and there's orange puddles all over in South east melbs. last night it was raining orange mud but so far today has been clearer and washed alot of it off. can't wait to get home and scrub my outdoor table and chairs.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

there's been a wheelbarrow down the road full of limes with a "free limes" sign and I was super polite and reserved and took a handful but I drove past and they are still largely untouched and I'm just gonna go grab a couple bags and if there's still a heap left tonight i'm gonna go clear it out

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

femcastra posted:

Non medical intervention: half to a whole glass of pear juice a day will loosen things up and make poops easier, thus butt pain less agonising. Lube butt up with butt cream. Proctosedyl looks better than anusol. Good luck!

Good advice. Proctosedyl works well but I'm gonna have to go to the doc tomorrow which tbh is a terribly uncomfortable proposition. I gotta be cursed or something.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

naeka posted:

so we've had fires, hailstones and dust storms what is heralding the arrival of the 4th horseman?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the 4th horseman is my painful swollen rear end in a top hat

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

coronavirus on the pale horse

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

or this guys b hole maybe

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah