Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
cody match was a turd and all battle royals are bad otherwise show whipped rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That was hands down the best ppv I've ever seen. From the pre show to the end I was into everything.

I'm still amazed at AEWs ability to have people cheat and the match still not be bad

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Vandar posted:

LIO RUSH

LIO RUSH!!!!!!!!!!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Spears is to be banished from the tippy top of the mountain. Lio Rush to replace him

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Remember when Christian got booed for eliminating Max Caster?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

Sting looked so loving good I couldn't believe it!

yeah thats why i regret it

favorite match of the evening is still deeb vs riho. perfectly wrestled, told the story in the ring in the time it was given, nothing felt wasted or overstayed its welcome in it. finish was logical but also super cool

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
thinking far ahead but i think Kstat will be next in line for da gold

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I have mixed feelings on Mark Henry signing as he seems like he’s kind of an rear end in a top hat and wwe rear end kisser, I definitely side with lio rush on their spat but I guess we’ll see

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

deeb vs riho was seriously so good and imo britt should study the hell out of deeb's end of that match

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mox looked like such a bad rear end and the Bucks looked like killers

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

still thinking about how massive those pops were for OC at the end there. I...I think you have to put the belt on him eventually. He's probably the most over guy in all of AEW, and that is really saying something.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Dimebags Brain posted:

Remember when Christian got booed for eliminating Max Caster?

Yes now I do but I was too busy remembering Christian getting booed for having the audacity to fight Jungle Boy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tarnop posted:

Yeah it feels like we've been reading tea leaves for a year trying to guess who is over with fans outside of SA

Everyone. Turns out the answer is everyone.

But seriously, it's really impressive that there wasn't a single person AEW's been trying to get over who flopped tonight

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

jungle boy being so over that he would have made christian heel if he won was really cool

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

Dimebags Brain posted:

Remember when Kenny murdered PAC with every one of his belts? What a cool loving match.

I could live to be 100 and I'll never forget that moment. Such top-shelf level heeling.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
eddie getting the biggest pop of his career :3:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Do it ironically posted:

I have mixed feelings on Mark Henry signing as he seems like he’s kind of an rear end in a top hat and wwe rear end kisser, I definitely side with lio rush on their spat but I guess we’ll see

i hope they'll work something out now that they're at the same place

(also idk too much about 'wwe rear end kisser' if he was willing to jump ship)

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Lazy like a Fox posted:

I could live to be 100 and I'll never forget that moment. Such top-shelf level heeling.

Match was amazing, all three of them are just great

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kirios posted:

still thinking about how massive those pops were for OC at the end there. I...I think you have to put the belt on him eventually. He's probably the most over guy in all of AEW, and that is really saying something.

Right after the PAC match I said OC would be AEW champ one day and history is proving me right

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
that was really great! 4.5 hrs and it honestly didn't feel like it at all.. maybe a bit closer to the end during the stampede but otherwise not one moment dragged. such a huge difference to watching something like raw which feels like 8 hrs and this didn't feel heavy in the slightest. very very enjoyable show. crowd was phenomenal as well.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
OC 1 will be after MJF 1

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

MorningMoon posted:

I'm over the moon for him. I had no idea who he was when he showed up in AEW and now I'm happy whenever he's on screen. What a year he's had.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jesus I can see the main event scene in 10 years from here

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

smarxist posted:

OC 1 will be after MJF 1

Ughhhhhh that sounds like an amazing feud I want it nooooooooooow

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

What if we kissed
In the Chair Dimension

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DuhSal posted:

that was really great! 4.5 hrs and it honestly didn't feel like it at all.. maybe a bit closer to the end during the stampede but otherwise not one moment dragged. such a huge difference to watching something like raw which feels like 8 hrs and this didn't feel heavy in the slightest. very very enjoyable show. crowd was phenomenal as well.

Reminds me of some of those Wrestle Kingdoms where the show would end and I would think,"Really? Already?" and then realize it had gone for like 6-7 hours :lol:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
what happened to ftr once one went into the elevator

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Going to the Chicago PPV is easy enough, I live here.

...St. Louis is likely a go as well. :woop:

Of course, I need to get tickets first.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

More like "Petty" Peter Avalon!

https://twitter.com/PAvalon/status/1399160600585019393?s=20

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

Kirios posted:

To this day I maintain that he should have beaten Cody for the TNT title.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

They really, really know how to tell long-term stories and build stars. Seeing the investment in Jungle Boy, OC, and Sammy pay off is awesome. Can’t even imagine what the culmination of the Kenny run is gonna be but it’s gonna be phenomenal, even if it isn’t the most gripping part of Dynamite week to week.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

flatluigi posted:

i hope they'll work something out now that they're at the same place

(also idk too much about 'wwe rear end kisser' if he was willing to jump ship)

That’s true and it’s weird because on podcasts and whatnot he came across as a lifer and said some dumb statements so yeah who knows

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Pinwiz11 posted:

Going to the Chicago PPV is easy enough, I live here.

...St. Louis is likely a go as well. :woop:

Of course, I need to get tickets first.

You've gotta go man I live in Portland and I'd go to anything that was on the West Coast right now.

(So maybe I'll be able to attend a Dynamite in two years. :( )

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Reminds me of some of those Wrestle Kingdoms where the show would end and I would think,"Really? Already?" and then realize it had gone for like 6-7 hours :lol:

This was better than any wrestle kingdom I've watched because it wasn't too long. The match quality and booking quality was even but the lengthy puts it over for me. If anyone asks me to sell them on aew I'm pointing to this show

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

motherbox posted:

They really, really know how to tell long-term stories and build stars. Seeing the investment in Jungle Boy, OC, and Sammy pay off is awesome. Can’t even imagine what the culmination of the Kenny run is gonna be but it’s gonna be phenomenal, even if it isn’t the most gripping part of Dynamite week to week.

Know what the best part of your statement is? Not a single person you referenced was in WWE at all! They're all organically grown and built by them and them alone (Kenny was more of a commodity, but still wasn't really too well known in the States)...that is how good AEW is.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
God, how am I meant to go to bed now?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

motherbox posted:

My guess has always been that Page takes it from Omega. He’s real hot and he and Kenny have a history, plus Page has to bury some ghosts with his first title shot being a wet fart

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Bucks teasing the Shield powerbomb on Mox owned

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

MorningMoon posted:

I love that the entire start of that match- even before the bell- was just Eddie and Jon running around the crowd and getting cheered whatever they did. Has to be an all time career highlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

My guess has always been that Page takes it from Omega. He’s real hot and he and Kenny have a history, plus Page has to bury some ghosts with his first title shot being a wet fart

I'm thinking over the next year we're gonna get Omega -> Page -> MJF -> OC.

And if that's the way they are going with this, I am 1000000000% here for that.