Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
worst thing about june
This poll is closed.
that god drat terrible glass animals song that 41 11.05%
only 30 days in which to trumo 75 20.22%
too hot 90 24.26%
amerikkka still exists 165 44.47%
Total: 243 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
Appetizers

Dips and Spreads

Pizza

Fish

Beef and Pork and Chicken (etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Sometimes I go downstairs and admire my dry goods

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

2DCAT posted:

Oh no... Nooooooooo

yes... hahaha... yesssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssss ssss s ssss ss ssssssssss sssss

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
This is the most fun art thing of all time

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Someday I will make an inspirational poster with big 50 lb bags of beans and flour and rice and it will say "you will get through all of this, and think of the money you saved!"

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

did the mouse do anything like this for Kelly Marie Tran?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

"All our dips and spreads are the same, they're so boring"

you want this dip

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/spring-glen-fresh-foods-5-lb-ham-salad/878SS42525.html

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

hmm getting there

closer

bingo

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

AxGrap posted:

I also send people home with teff flour, and different beans. My wife had work people over and they all got party favors from me to my wifes chagrin

You keep all that teff and beans in the dome?

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

You keep all that teff and beans in the dome?

I WISH

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

lol

quote:

This ham salad is made with chopped ham for the best taste and texture.

well what the gently caress else would it be made from? Giant slabs of ham? Micro-particle ham?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

well what the gently caress else would it be made from? Giant slabs of ham? Micro-particle ham?

you're about to go down a deep dark rabit hole

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

OK I've got to go watch a TV show apparently, it's got Sissy Spacek in it and weirdly she's very much older than she was in Carrie, maybe it's just Hollywood magic

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Plinkey posted:

you're about to go down a deep dark rabit hole

Yea well ham is unfortunately my enemy, apparently, though I harbor no ill will towards pork products. They just don't like me at all.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/AlecMacGillis/status/1531779354027560966

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

emfive posted:

OK I've got to go watch a TV show apparently, it's got Sissy Spacek in it and weirdly she's very much older than she was in Carrie, maybe it's just Hollywood magic

coal miner's daughter is great

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Your honor, I declare a re-do, no backsies

quote:

On Tuesday, a federal judge has denied a request by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to redo her failed lawsuit against The New York Times.

"The judge who presided over Sarah Palin’s libel case against The New York Times denied her request Tuesday for a new trial, saying she failed to introduce 'even a speck' of evidence necessary to prove actual malice by the newspaper," said the report. "U.S. District Judge Jed Rakoff made the assertion in a written decision as he rejected post-trial claims from Palin’s lawyers."

"Her attorneys had asked the judge to grant a new trial or disqualify himself as biased against her, citing several evidentiary rulings by Rakoff that they said were errors," said the report. "Those ranged from how the questioning of jurors occurred during jury selection, to how jurors were instructed when they asked questions during deliberations."

Rakoff rejected all of these claims, saying, “in actuality, none of these was erroneous, let alone a basis for granting Palin a new trial.”

Palin sued the Times in response to an editorial that alleged her rhetoric was partially responsible for the mass shooting in Tucson, Arizona that critically injured former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords. She claimed that the allegation was injurious to her reputation and her political career.

A jury rejected her claims in February, with the judge making clear she had failed to meet her burden of proof and he would have set aside the verdict even if the jury had ruled in her favor.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

These ais are stealing pists from honest posters!!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/PennLive/status/1531787675514159105

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kYFxFc_ZhE

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

emfive posted:

enjoy the stars

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lumpentroll posted:

enjoy the stars

Freckle either you're being extremely sarcastic or you've turned over a new leaf and are loving life and your fellow humans for a change

I hope it's the latter

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Made refried beans tonight! Boy I love bean chat, glad we're all still talking about beans.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
so apparently you can just buy a whole alligator

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/big-pops-whole-alligator-22-24-lb/872GATRWHL22.html

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

gator involved incident

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

AxGrap posted:

Made refried beans tonight! Boy I love bean chat, glad we're all still talking about beans.

one time I made refried beans and mexican rice from scratch, and it was tasty, but it took the majority of the day. I also made my own tortillas and did carnitas from scratch. Very good, but I've not done it since. Particularly since the recipe I had made like 20 servings of rice and beans and there were only 4 of us for dinner.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1531789322264772609

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

that would be perfect for your fryer

pull the trigger you know you want to

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Filthy Hans posted:

Freckle either you're being extremely sarcastic or you've turned over a new leaf and are loving life and your fellow humans for a change

I hope it's the latter

don’t touch my posts

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Substandard posted:

one time I made refried beans and mexican rice from scratch, and it was tasty, but it took the majority of the day. I also made my own tortillas and did carnitas from scratch. Very good, but I've not done it since. Particularly since the recipe I had made like 20 servings of rice and beans and there were only 4 of us for dinner.

Instant pot was a game changer for refried beans. I try freeze a bunch to keep it handy. Gotta keep regular!

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Hatebag posted:

These ais are stealing pists from honest posters!!

You need to start your own thread if you want to discuss the issues.

There is no reason to say that the thread is "insane" and "parrot[ing] 'he's right' at every tweet their daddy shits out." If you are so outraged that the thread is not following your lead, then you should not be posting there. It's like going to a forum where you disagree with the prevailing opinion, and the other people on the forum are posting their own ideas and not following yours. It's not a place to talk.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

VideoKid posted:

gator involved incident

coroner determined the bite marks in the victim's torso were probably self inflicted

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lumpentroll posted:

don’t touch my posts

what this poster said

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

one of these days I'll figure out what's going on in rightwingers' brains that made them hear "trans people just want to be able to use public restrooms like everyone else" and interpret it as "trans people want businesses to install special new restrooms for them"

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Substandard posted:

well at least you had plenty of leftovers

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

tacodaemon posted:

one of these days I'll figure out what's going on in rightwingers' brains that made them hear "trans people just want to be able to use public restrooms like everyone else" and interpret it as "trans people want businesses to install special new restrooms for them"

I hear "they want new special rights" out of a lot of real people's mouths and I also am at a loss to what they gently caress they even think they mean.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

PFC is Virgil Yexas

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
I was recently diagnosed with Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

AxGrap posted:

Instant pot was a game changer for refried beans. I try freeze a bunch to keep it handy. Gotta keep regular!

What's your instant pot refried bean recipe? Like this one: https://www.wellplated.com/instant-pot-refried-beans/ seems pretty easy but it contains no lard so I'm skeptical