Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Some dude in your YouTube comments said this, but I don't think keyblades go away when you die/aren't around them, unless you will them to. Off the top of my head, the only times a keyblade vanishes is the keyblade of heart in KH1, which makes sense, because it was comprised of the Princess' of Heart, and Terranort's keyblade at the end there, because...because shut up.

The battle with Roxas in KH2 (KH2+FM too), Sora actually uses that as a tactic.

Great LP Blackbelt Bobman. You had a way easier time with the first form of the Final Boss than I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

icesoldier posted:

This game is paced so oddly, as far as parceling out plot goes. A while back, I understood why I could never keep playing this game. You essentially have to "beat" it four times (make that five if the secret episode is laid out similarly) to get everything. But I went through one character's story, and even though I knew I was not even close to completing the game, I had seen the credits roll and thus I was mentally "done" with the game. I couldn't be bothered to keep going with the other characters.

...So what I'm saying is thanks for doing this, because I really wanted to see what happened in this game in relation to the rest of them. Now I can go play Dream Drop Distance in peace.

The pacing has always been really bad in KH games, I've mentioned this before but usually from a plot standpoint the Disney worlds are worthless. SE has gotten better at it over time but even in this game I'm struggling to think of anything that happened in a Disney film-inspired world that was noteworthy. There's the occasional mention of and/or encounter with Vanitas in the Disney worlds, but that's all I can think of and even with those the payoff happens in non-Disney places anyway.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 11, 2013

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I've had a shout out in an LP. My life is complete.

Friends don't let friends go full fan fiction.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, Aqua hanging around in the darkness for over ten years is definitely going to be a "timeless" thing. KH isn't going to have a 30-year-old crazy cosmic survivalist woman as a main character. Unfortunately.

BrightWing posted:

I've had a shout out in an LP. My life is complete.

Friends don't let friends go full fan fiction.

And I got a special mention too! Thanks! :3:

QuietMisdreavus
May 12, 2013

I'm fine. Nothing to worry about.

C-Euro posted:

The pacing has always been really bad in KH games, I've mentioned this before but usually from a plot standpoint the Disney worlds are worthless. SE has gotten better at it over time but even in this game I'm struggling to think of anything that happened in a Disney film-inspired world that was noteworthy.

Well, there's that too, but like you said, that's endemic to every KH game. I was specifically referring to playing the same timespan three times just to see it from the separate characters, each with their own credits roll, then having another morsel of plot and another credits roll, and you're still not done. The separation of the characters' stories made me put the game down without actually finishing it. It's the same reason I never played Riku's story in Chain of Memories; I beat the game, so I put it down, even with extra content to play.

AnotherGamer posted:

I generally preferred this game to 3D: while having to essentially beat the game 3 times normally and then doing whatever additional episodes are available can be tedious when it comes to pure volume, 3D essentially forces you to do every world twice in rapid succession to make sure you get bored of them that much faster.

As for the combat variety, I already detailed it earlier in the thread: the short version is that grinding Dream Eaters takes a loving eternity since you have no ways to speed it up, every enemy is worth the same amount of LP and many of the essential abilities require you to have the right DE to begin with which often means you need to grind rare materials to get any of the high-end ones and then spending an eternity grinding out LP for them to learn it so you can finally get Once More and Second Chance somewhere 20 hours into the postgame.

Right, I forgot about your comment. It doesn't bode well for my enjoyment of the game if I'm reading your thoughts correctly, but I'll still give it a shot. If all else fails, I'll put it down and wait for some inevitable KH3D LP to land.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yaaay I got a shoutout in a Kingdom Hearts LP my life is complete. :allears:

The last cutscene in the game always makes me :unsmith: because I'm a sap.

Now let's see what happens to all the various people our heros helped.

Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora all get to see their worlds destroyed by the Heartless and kidnaped by Maleficant.
Radiant Garden is pretty much turned into a wasteland, while Braig and Xehanort do their thing and unleash a universe threatening horde of monsters, while the rest of Ansem's aprenticies, Lea, and Isa are dragged into it thanks to becoming soulless mockeries of existance.
Kairi is thrown off to some backwater island world where things don't really go well for her.
Pete continues to be a dick.
Hercules ends up doing pretty well! Becomes a true hero, gets the girl, punches Hades in the face yadda yadda yadda.
Dunno what happens to Zack but concidering Sephiroth is involved, who is of course a jerk, ot probably doesn't end well for him.
Stitch goes to Hawaii and has fun there, so whatever.
Peter Pan just continues to dick around with Hook so nothing really changed.

Overall I'd say that the universe is a slightly worse place after our heroes efforts. Mostly because of one bad decision Aqua made.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Speaking of Ansem's lab, those labcoats aren't going to do poo poo against darkness guys. They're meant for protection against chemical spills and I doubt you're packing any of those in your hellscape experiments, unless it's a Labcoat +3 or some poo poo.

I thought about this after recording and only just remembered it now.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
There is a precedent for people with strong hearts not aging while in the realm of darkness, so Aqua looking the same in KH3 would make sense within the universe. Ansem the Wise brings it up in his report where he runs into Riku again. Riku's strong heart kept him from aging.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I'd like for Aqua to have aged or at least changed a little since BBS. I mean, Sora, Riku, and Kairi can grow a little, so why not Aqua?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Because hearts. Keyblade darkness Xehanort friendship light. Sora, Donald, and Goofy. Sports.

Archaotic
Aug 12, 2008

Gaseous Snake posted:

I'd like for Aqua to have aged or at least changed a little since BBS. I mean, Sora, Riku, and Kairi can grow a little, so why not Aqua?

Because that would require Square to render another character model for her. Pretty much solely that.

If she does come back in Kingdom Hearts 3, they'll need to give her a new character model to fit the new graphical style, so they'll probably age her up slightly.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Gologle posted:

Because hearts. Keyblade darkness Xehanort friendship light. Sora, Donald, and Goofy. Sports.

The entire plot of the KH series summarised, folks.

I was giggling like a madman while you were reading out usernames, Bobman. They always sound so doofy out loud.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Thanks for the shoutout, Bobman! :D I know I don't post here much, but I have been watching!

And man, that ending. What a downer. :smith: I mean, you knew everything had to go to poo poo, because otherwise the whole rest of the series wouldn't happen, but still.

Whatever you decide to LP next, I hope it's either Re:Chain or KH2. And someday someone is going to have to LP III as well, because I don't own any Sony systems anymore and I don't have the time or money to change that. :(

But I guess this means I can go play KH3D now. :D

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Thanks guys, I'm glad you all liked the LP.

I'm planning on doing Re:coded next , but Re:Chain is rather tempting, too...

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Play Re:chain and show the world the beauty of the All CP boost run.

Definitely much more interesting than Re:coded anyways, that game is criminally boring.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Re: Chain would be cool since it's on the ~1.5 HD Remix~

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Well if one of you would like to buy me a PS3 to use for it, I would be grateful :v: I borrowed my friend's to play HD 1.5 ReMIX and had to give it back already.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Re:coded is a fun game, it's just totally pointless in the grander scheme of things.

Edit: You horribly mangled my name, but I've come to find that that's the best part of my name.

Kinu Nishimura fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 12, 2013

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
He mangled more then one name but who cares I am looking forward to the secret episode I've been told it's been changed radically from the normal version.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Do Dream Drop Distance you nerd.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Thanks for the LP, Bobman, although once again a game I thought I would never experience first-hand is being released in English (or semi-released on a PS3).

If you count votes, I'd like to see Re:Coded LPed next :v:

Also, you pronounce "Szurumbur" more or less correct :)

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Nov 12, 2013

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Re: CoM is really fun, the sleights are a lot more fun to use than they were in the GBA version. Also some of them are really overpowered and it's cool to steamroll entire floors and bosses with them. The 3DS game is the only one I still know nothing about, but recording off a 3DS requires some modified 3DS hardware, and that costs some kind of money. Since you've done 358 I take it recording Re: Coded ain't no thang.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wait, hang on a second. Aqua heads to Radiant Garden where Xenahort is there and all the lights are out and the sky is murky purple, but when she shoots her armor back out it's intact and the sky is blue again?

The hell? Did she shoot him back in time or something?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Xehanort was presumably unconscious for hours.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
His Darkness was so strong that it called out the Darkness in the surrounding area which in turn fed Xehanort's own Darkness that allowed him to use his Darkness powers to fight Aqua so soon after he had just gotten beaten by Terra's Armour when he stole Terra's body using the powers of Darkness.

Darkness

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

cokerpilot posted:

He mangled more then one name but who cares I am looking forward to the secret episode I've been told it's been changed radically from the normal version.

To be fair, I have a hard time remembering how to pronounce mine (it's "RAH-hon-avis"). Even so, :syoon:

Great LP so far and I can't wait to see the Totally For Real Ending We Mean It This Time.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ok so I uploaded the Secret Episode and it was blocked due to copyright? I am confused as to why just this one video is in violation but, um, ok! Also, the full commentary version was rejected due to being too long? What the hell is up with YouTube tonight…?

EDIT: apparently my ability to upload videos longer than 15 minutes has been disabled because of a Content ID claim. Somehow this one video is different than the 40 other videos I've posted. Well anyway, I'll get back to you all about this because it's kinda bullshit.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 14, 2013

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Ok so I uploaded the Secret Episode and it was blocked due to copywright? I am confused as to why just this one video is in violation but, um, ok! Also, the full commentary version was rejected due to being too long? What the hell is up with YouTube tonight…?

EDIT: apparently my ability to upload videos longer than 15 minutes has been disabled because of a Content ID claim. Somehow this one video is different than the 40 other videos I've posted. Well anyway, I'll get back to you all about this because it's kinda bullshit.

They fixed the comments so they needed to gently caress something else up to make up for it.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Ok so I uploaded the Secret Episode and it was blocked due to copyright? I am confused as to why just this one video is in violation but, um, ok! Also, the full commentary version was rejected due to being too long? What the hell is up with YouTube tonight…?

Did you remember to link your G+ account and send a DNA sample to Google HQ?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Bobman forgot to read the new Terms and Conditions where you have to sign away your future children to Google.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Worst case scenario, you could try an alternate video host. Except the only one I can really suggest using is Dailymotion because decent video hosts that aren't Youtube are hard to find.

That is pretty dumb, though, agreed.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

So somehow Square Enix decided to put just the secret episode cutscenes in the automatic search thing that Youtube uses for content ID claims? Was it blocked while or immediately after processing or was it after?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I edited the video to obscure the part that it told me it identified, re-rendered it, and uploaded it again. And it still blocked it. I'm not really sure what to do now, this is ridiculous.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I edited the video to obscure the part that it told me it identified, re-rendered it, and uploaded it again. And it still blocked it. I'm not really sure what to do now, this is ridiculous.

I guess you have to use an alternate host unless you can work something out?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Screenshot LP. Do it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I hate to suggest this but try Dailymotion? Unlike your DS videos I doubt there'll be any problems there.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Have you tried uploading the video unlisted? I'm pretty sure that's meant to not cause as many problems.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Have you tried uploading the video unlisted? I'm pretty sure that's meant to not cause as many problems.

And it is a Secret Episode, after all. :v:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It was unlisted this past time as well, yeah. It's so weird. There are dozens of videos of the same thing on YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

HGH posted:

I hate to suggest this but try Dailymotion? Unlike your DS videos I doubt there'll be any problems there.

Yeah I think I'm gonna use Dailymotion as my mirror now. I'll get the video up in the next couple days, sorry about the delay everyone!

• Locked thread