Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
mag it's you isn't it

it's okay you can tell me :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Sandwolf, tell us your wisdommmmm

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
:allears:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quidnose posted:

Sandwolf, tell us your wisdommmmm

Kumba is town :\

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Kumba is town :\

That's not a bad thing to know imo. :shrug:

So who do we have results on so far? Kumba and me are town. Sandwolf is town.

Anything else?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

windshipper posted:

That's not a bad thing to know imo. :shrug:

So who do we have results on so far? Kumba and me are town. Sandwolf is town.

Anything else?

I killed Ernie and Merk (sorry merk) because I am Boone, two-shot night vig. Which means that scum had no kill nights 1, 3 AND 4 (unless they also killed Merk) so somebody has been stopping a lot of kills and maybe we have enough info with all this to figure out who the last scum is? (I assume one scum left)

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

I killed Ernie and Merk (sorry merk) because I am Boone, two-shot night vig. Which means that scum had no kill nights 1, 3 AND 4 (unless they also killed Merk) so somebody has been stopping a lot of kills and maybe we have enough info with all this to figure out who the last scum is? (I assume one scum left)

What night did merk die?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Ok, N3.

Got it.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Scum is likely either Magres or Quidnose - Assuming no godfather.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Hmmm

GUT SHOT!

##vote Quidnose

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I think the correct course of action today is to lynch Sandwolf to confirm his status as the cop and make sure he is not lying about all of this, especially with the awkward as gently caress way Opop self voted to end the day Sandwolf got a scum result on him.

With Sandwolf's flip, we get:

Wind, confirmed town
Kumba, confirmed town

Leaving Hal, Magres, and myself as unconfirmed. 1 NK leaves at least 1 confirmed town and 3 unconfirmed, which is nicer to work with in a LYLO situation than us blindly trusting the undead cop.

Also if someone is the doctor they should claim now and explain when, exactly, Sandwolf was protected, because in line with Hal's information about when he killed folks that's going to give us a shitton of information.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Quidnose posted:

I think the correct course of action today is to lynch Sandwolf to confirm his status as the cop and make sure he is not lying about all of this, especially with the awkward as gently caress way Opop self voted to end the day Sandwolf got a scum result on him.

With Sandwolf's flip, we get:

Wind, confirmed town
Kumba, confirmed town

Leaving Hal, Magres, and myself as unconfirmed. 1 NK leaves at least 1 confirmed town and 3 unconfirmed, which is nicer to work with in a LYLO situation than us blindly trusting the undead cop.

Also if someone is the doctor they should claim now and explain when, exactly, Sandwolf was protected, because in line with Hal's information about when he killed folks that's going to give us a shitton of information.

:laugh:

This is the worst plan ever. In addition to that, you sound like a scum who is desperate as HELL.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yes, I am desperate after one vote on me.

You don't think there is anything weird about the way Sandwolf claiming and Opop exiting went down? At all?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

I'd say giving him another day or two is a very good strategy. If there are still questions in that case, then we can consider it. I think lynching him right now is entirely loving retarded.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Let me put it this way:

If he wasn't a cop, he'd have been counter claimed after Opop went down - as that would mean that there was only one scum left (most likely).

I believe him to be the cop, however.

OP posted:

There will be town roles of doctor, cop, and vigilante.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Didn't realize we had an open setup because I don't read mafia game OPs. You're right, though, since we know there is a cop my plan is loving dumb.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Quidnose posted:

Didn't realize we had an open setup because I don't read mafia game OPs. You're right, though, since we know there is a cop my plan is loving dumb.

Ok, even if this is true and honest, then why the call to have the doctor claim? That's also insanely retarded. The doctor revealing themselves only gives the scum a chance to pick off another power role - and one who seems to have been effective so far, at that.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Anybody else here?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

windshipper posted:

Ok, even if this is true and honest, then why the call to have the doctor claim? That's also insanely retarded. The doctor revealing themselves only gives the scum a chance to pick off another power role - and one who seems to have been effective so far, at that.

If the doctor has protected people who are still alive and unconfirmed it basically clears those people (except for N3) but otherwise no need to claim I guess.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

If the doctor has protected people who are still alive and unconfirmed it basically clears those people (except for N3) but otherwise no need to claim I guess.

Oh, that's true I suppose.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Anyways! What do you think of Mssr. Quidnose?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I think he's a pretty solid guy and that wind shipper has a bee in his bonnet

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ernie jumps on Magres for a turbo, outright says he thinks I am town, and doesn't mention Hal at all that I can remember. Unless the Magres thing was a joke bus that got out of hand, I'd say Hal is our remaining scum. I'm gonna look at Ernie and Opop again one more time.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

God, I wish we knew if loving Slamburger killed Ernie. Because that is what looks like crap with Hal right now; with a vague self-aligned flip that's not an SK, he can get away with saying that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Ernie jumps on Magres for a turbo, outright says he thinks I am town, and doesn't mention Hal at all that I can remember. Unless the Magres thing was a joke bus that got out of hand, I'd say Hal is our remaining scum. I'm gonna look at Ernie and Opop again one more time.

But I shot Ernie???

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
In Hal vs Quid, I believe Hal

Volunteering a fakeclaim seems kinda crazy as the last scum, particularly before it's down to mylo/lylo. Also the flavor lines up and giving scum town power role flavored fake claims doesn't seem right to me.

(on a random sidenote that's not game related, is XyloJW's name mafia related at all? He's a D&D mod who I've never seen in tradgames so I'm guessing not, but it just occurred to me)

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Quidnose posted:

This is the most hilarious flailing scenario I have ever seen.

Magres posted:

In Hal vs Quid, I believe Hal

Volunteering a fakeclaim seems kinda crazy as the last scum, particularly before it's down to mylo/lylo. Also the flavor lines up and giving scum town power role flavored fake claims doesn't seem right to me.

(on a random sidenote that's not game related, is XyloJW's name mafia related at all? He's a D&D mod who I've never seen in tradgames so I'm guessing not, but it just occurred to me)

I know that she gave the scum reasonable fake claims because I asked her before I even joined the game if she had done that. She hadn't and so wrote some up.

I do believe Hal though, especially because OP states that there is a vigilante in the game and Hal has not been counterclaimed either.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

As a warning: flavor is very, very closely linked to alignment and role, so be careful and use your due diligence.

I actually asked her about the fakeclaims before I signed up because of this very line in the OP.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Would rather let you guys figure it out than be a red herring today.

##vote Quidnose

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

I think this'll be the second time I've seen you self-vote as scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

windshipper posted:

Yeah that was awful quick to give up and I can't see why any town would be discouraged in our position.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
##vote Quidnose

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

windshipper posted:

I think you're going to be disappointed.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah that was awful quick to give up and I can't see why any town would be discouraged in our position.

I can't wait to find out who the last scum is. Why aren't you voting me, Hal?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also, if you idiots gently caress this up on the last day, I will be pissed. This game has bloooownnnnnn.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Who is scum in your eyes, Quidnose?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

I can't wait to find out who the last scum is. Why aren't you voting me, Hal?

Because before today I would have been pretty sure it was Magres over you and I would rather end this today so I'm still thinking. Unless there is a godfather of course, but no one else really seems that scummy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

With:

Sandwolf: Cop
Hal: Town Vigilante
Windshipper: Cop Confirmed Town
Kumba: Cop Confirmed Town
Myself: Town

It has to be Magres.

Either you or Kumba are the doctor, because I am not the doctor.

So, mislynch me today, lynch Magres tomorrow, game over.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
poo poo the jig is up

CHEESE IT!

##abscond

(just kidding)

Congrats on the victory, town, good game. I should have realized this was unwinnable at dawn this morning, I wouldn't have drawn it out if I had - I forgot Wind was cleared and was hoping I could get Quid mislynched today, not get investigated tonight, and play hard for a mislynch tomorrow but it's impossible.

Gonna be honest, this is a kind of frustrating loss. You guys had a literally perfect N1 and scum could not catch a break, ever, so this was a really uphill battle. Five of ten townies dead, all VT, and of the remaining five of you three are the three power roles.

Thanks for the game though PM! You ran a good game and it was fun on the whole, and the first time I've actually felt like I played an okay scum, normally I'm completely outed by like D2 unless I do nothing but lurk super hard.

Also I'm going to tear my loving hair out if you're the doctor, Wind, we were between you and Merk for N1 and went for Merk.

E: Fixed the link to be better timed. Game's over, means I can edit poo poo right? :shrug:

Magres fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jul 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
My big blunder was definitely forgetting that Windshipper was cleared, if I had shot him last night and he were the doctor this would still be workable. I took a 'dear god please doctor be stupid' shot at Sandwolf because unless I popped the doc last night, even if Windshipper weren't already cleared then the game would have been unwinnable if I had killed a VT or Hal.

If Kumba's the doc I was just hosed though. Ugh this game was brutal

• Locked thread