Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dreddout posted:

What possible reason would someone need to attach a grip to a loving pistol, other than tacticool mallninja nonsense?

pistols? none. assault rifles or carbines? they reduce recoil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
NRA is a false flag operation to make gun owners look bad :smugdog:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mistle posted:

It's BATFE, because they expanded to include explosives, and ATFE leaves confusion with how to pronounce it, whereas BATFE doesn't.

"Eighty Effee? At fay?"

BATFELGBTQQIA

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

This justifies the violent left how exactly? Shooting congress people is bad okay?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

blugu64 posted:

This justifies the violent left how exactly? Shooting congress people is bad okay?

I don't know about that. Like, remember the biggest laugh line in "Mars Attacks" was that one demented old lady pointing and laughing because the aliens shot Congress? Shooting Congress can be funny, and we shouldn't dismiss that out of hand because laughter is the best medicine and pretty soon a lot of people won't have healthcare.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Gotta love the republicans still trying to figure out how the gently caress to respond to that congress guy catching a bullet.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

blugu64 posted:

ikanreed posted:

The right has always been violent morons. Now they're terrified of a left that's willing to fight back

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Shaocaholica posted:

NRA is a false flag operation to make gun owners look bad :smugdog:

Nah, they are just furiously engaging in the identity politics and culture war bullshit the right loves to blame on the left.

Happy to see the left finally freaked the gently caress out enough to start fighting back, though.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Guess what finally came in the mail. Yeah, membership date is the Fourth of July :911:

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
I question anything that describes "everyone has a long range person killing device on them at all times" as safety

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

blugu64 posted:

Guess what finally came in the mail. Yeah, membership date is the Fourth of July :911:

:drat: July 4 on the card looks :patriot: as gently caress
So, are you going to hound the leadership for not defending a LEGAL AND RESPONSIBLE FIREARMS OWNER in a police shooting, or are you going to ignore it and toe the line about liberals taking away your guns?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Not really sure I know the incident you're talking about? Already made plans to go to the annual convention next year :)

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Oh hey...

https://youtu.be/kSrM8kq12-g

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Article: NRA TV hosts warn ‘white families’ will be ‘tortured and killed’ if Black Lives Matter succeeds

quote:

Stinchfield began a segment on his show by noting that “race relations are strained here in America after eight years of Barack Obama,” although he conceded that they are “nowhere is near as bad as it is in South Africa where white families are being tortured and killed almost every day in racist violence.”

That said, Stinchfield’s guest, Chuck Holton, cautioned viewers to remain vigilant because Black Lives Matter activists could stoke enough animosity to inspire similar violence against white people in the United States.

At 2:40, the host adds, "It is very hard to get a firearm now in South Africa to protect yourself and many of these people being victimized need this kind of protection."

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It's not fascism find another buzzword to use thanks

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Sure it is. Per Orwell, "The word Fascism has now no meaning except in so far as it signifies "something not desirable"."

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Accretionist posted:

Article: NRA TV hosts warn ‘white families’ will be ‘tortured and killed’ if Black Lives Matter succeeds

At 2:40, the host adds, "It is very hard to get a firearm now in South Africa to protect yourself and many of these people being victimized need this kind of protection."

I'm absolutely sure that they would have been completely behind black people being armed for protection during apartheid.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Iirc you're not allowed to make guns. But what is the limit? Potato gun go or no go? Crossbow? Potato gun but like a grenade in there? Crossbow that shots bottle rockets?

I should be allowed to make a bazooka this is bullshit

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Iirc you're not allowed to make guns. But what is the limit? Potato gun go or no go? Crossbow? Potato gun but like a grenade in there? Crossbow that shots bottle rockets?

I should be allowed to make a bazooka this is bullshit

you're allowed to make guns. if you make like 500 guns and sell them all without filing taxes for it the government's going to want a word. they want $200 if you make a bazooka, unless you're white, in which case they want to confiscate your bazooka and break it down for miscegenating supplies as per sharia law.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 23, 2017

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Huh. Guess I know what this weekend's project will be

BRICKFACE
Apr 20, 2002

I BITE

blugu64 posted:

Not really sure I know the incident you're talking about? Already made plans to go to the annual convention next year :)

Philandro Castile

Proof in my mind the NRA doesn't give a poo poo about anything but selling a lot of shooters to scared white people

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

For the NRA to reform itself is impossible by design, lol at the 76-member board of directors.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Last night I drive behind a woman driving by a giant belligerent drunk man whose friend was already barely able to corral him stop her car, get out and dare him to hit her, stopping both lanes of traffic for about three minutes.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Conservative political pundit and National Rifle Association spokeswoman Dana Loesch took on The New York Times in a video posted by the NRA on Friday in which she says "we're coming for you."

"We're going to laser-focus on your so-called 'honest pursuit of truth.' In short, we're coming for you," Loesch said in the video. "Consider this a shot across your proverbial bow."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/345403-nra-spokesperson-to-nyt-were-coming-for-you

https://twitter.com/NRATV/status/89...-coming-for-you

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
I'm cumming for her, too. drat, I love an angry suburban mom

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd pass. She seems really eager to fist people and my penis and butthole are exit-only.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

blugu64 posted:

I want to do this on 4/20 now, but god drat the NRA does some cringeworthy poo poo.

Can I offer them a $100 bribe to stop being a GOP mouthpiece or something?

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 5, 2017

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

lol if you unironically support the NRA :downs:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I unironically support the NRA

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I would support the NRA if it was focused on lowering the price of guns and ammunition for gun owners, instead of trying to raise prices by whipping up paranoia to benefit the gun-and-ammo industry and their own organization.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
The NRA is also doing some idiotic balkanizing and stirring up dumb poo poo in competitive shooting matches that have been going on for literally more than a century.

Apparently they've been getting high off their own paranoia supply lately.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I would support the NRA if they were here in my country.
I wish 5 year olds around the country here could shoot themselves or family members.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Last time I looked at the membership perks and it was ... a sticker or something, and a subscription to American Rifleman ... and a guarantee your money will be well spent on some lunatic right-wing causes. No thanks. The least they could do is give me a subsidy toward my next gun purchase or some free ammo.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Blame this prick.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlon_Carter

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

donate to the second amendment foundation instead, they actually fund lawsuits and poo poo rather than just try to collect membership fees

https://www.saf.org

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I'm disappointed that the NRA didn't back up the guy who shot up the congressional baseball game. He was only exercising his second amendment rights and they make it seem like he's the bad guy.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Mistle posted:

There's a Georgia guy selling a grenade launcher(for legal, civilian use), if you pay for all the licenses, shipping, and at the superinflated price(because the ghost of Obama can still steal your guns :ninja: ), you can safely and freely defend your home and person.

Now we're cooking with gas.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

blugu64 posted:

I unironically support the NRA

got my 2017 life member card in the mail a couple of days ago

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Race relations are at an all-time low because a black guy was President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

ScrubLeague posted:

Race relations are at an all-time low because a black guy was President.

HOW DARE HE!
It's going to take decades of no education and stocking up on the essentials like barrels of gruel and bullets to fix this!

• Locked thread