Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Huh, thanks for bringing that to my attn, I'll look into it tomorrow morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gobias Ind. posted:

Is it the guys that played last night?

No, these were players who will play Sunday

spacejung posted:

Its been that way all year, dropping players you rostered last week kicks them a week ahead for waivers

Guess I never really noticed it before. It's not an urgent need, just trying to pick up some fill ins for the last bye week.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Huh, thanks for bringing that to my attn, I'll look into it tomorrow morning.

Awesome, thanks!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Starting 4 TEs today. I can't tell if my plans went right or wrong.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Okay I think I found it. Dropped players should now clear two days after they're dropped

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

can someone remind me how playoffs work in this league?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

pmchem posted:

can someone remind me how playoffs work in this league?

Yea I’m curious as well.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Short answer: Sort by points, if you're in the top 30 you're in

Long answer: Best record in each division gets a bye. Then the top scorer in each division gets a bye. Then the remaining 20 wildcard spots are total points regardless of division.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Short answer: Sort by points, if you're in the top 30 you're in

Long answer: Best record in each division gets a bye. Then the top scorer in each division gets a bye. Then the remaining 20 wildcard spots are total points regardless of division.

Is there a bracket you can link?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

pmchem posted:

Is there a bracket you can link?

Bracket? There's no bracket. You can view both individual division standings and combined standings on Fantrax though.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

Bracket? There's no bracket. You can view both individual division standings and combined standings on Fantrax though.

He mentioned playoff byes. That implies a playoff bracket, yes? How is first—third place determined at the end of all this?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

pmchem posted:

He mentioned playoff byes. That implies a playoff bracket, yes? How is first—third place determined at the end of all this?

Playoffs are just by total points. I forget the numbers but the X highest scores advance in each round. The byes just don't have to compete in week 14. Head to head doesn't matter.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

Playoffs are just by total points. I forget the numbers but the X highest scores advance in each round. The byes just don't have to compete in week 14. Head to head doesn't matter.

Yup. 20 wild card teams, top 10 move on and join the 10 bye teams. Top 10 of those move on to the finals. Most points in the finals wins

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I guess/think I had a bye this week since the guy I was playing had a zero?

Or am I missing something.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

I guess/think I had a bye this week since the guy I was playing had a zero?

Or am I missing something.

A couple people haven't set their lineup all year. He probably had a non-compliant roster.

Byes should be this week I think.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yep playoffs start now. I'm going to be setting things up... sometime today in between dealing with the fireworks show my life has become.

Edit:
Byes:

Death Division:
Team RCarr
Stay in your Delanie

Dracula Division:
Chem's Cylons
Team Chocolate Pancake

Frankenstein Division:
Team quarterroys
BIG D ENERGY

Phantom Bat Division:
Team Spacejung
Vitamin Enhanced Water Beverages

Queen Medusa Division:
Team GCFC
Team LEGO_Maniacs

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Dec 3, 2019

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Okay, playoffs should be all set up. Let me know if you see any fuckery.

NOTE: It made me enter the playoffs in head-to-head format. It is NOT head to head: Top 10 scores advance

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I made it! I hope this teaches you all a valuable lesson.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Holy cow, can't believe I actually made the playoffs. And with a bye. I'm shocked.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
Well, it turns out drafting Cam and Luck to be your QBs early this year was not the move to make. In light of that, I don't think 5-7 is all that bad - I started Luke Falk at QB one week for gently caress's sake.

Anyway, thanks for running Nerds; as ever, it was a blast. Back next year to make steaming hot July takes on who's gonna be dead by September.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My TE-TE-QB start to the draft actually worked! See y’all after my relaxing bye week, suckers!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Are rosters locked?

I have a round 1 playoffs bye but the website is telling me I can't make a claim because I'm "not in the playoffs"

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

Are rosters locked?

I have a round 1 playoffs bye but the website is telling me I can't make a claim because I'm "not in the playoffs"

yikes, I'm on it

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Try it now, I enabled non playoff teams to make claims and manually locked the teams not in the playoffs.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Try it now, I enabled non playoff teams to make claims and manually locked the teams not in the playoffs.

Works now, thanks.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Are the teams getting points the ones in the playoffs? I noticed there are 22 teams gaining points, but I thought the round had 20 so I am not sure if I am misread or misunderstanding something.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

Are the teams getting points the ones in the playoffs? I noticed there are 22 teams gaining points, but I thought the round had 20 so I am not sure if I am misread or misunderstanding something.

Whoops. Looks like I let Ceebz and Viet Campo in and they were out. Sorry Ceebz and VietCampo. I have to remove you from the playoffs.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Narrowly clinging to the backend of top 10 this morning. Hoping I can pull through for the next round.

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

My team really poo poo the parade this week. Need Alshon to blow up in a big way to move on.

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

B_sketchy posted:

My team really poo poo the parade this week. Need Alshon to blow up in a big way to move on.

Or get injured in the 1st quarter and put up 0. That's cool too.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Semifinals have been set. Please double check. Top 10 move on to finals

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How do we double check?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

How do we double check?

If it shows you in a head to head matchup (which it does for you, because you're up against me) then you're in.

The matchup doesn't actually matter, but the 10 matchups that show on the scoreboard are the 20 teams still alive.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

If it shows you in a head to head matchup (which it does for you, because you're up against me) then you're in.

The matchup doesn't actually matter, but the 10 matchups that show on the scoreboard are the 20 teams still alive.

Gotchya, thanks, and good luck!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Benched Crowder :sigh:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Gobias Ind. posted:

Same. But I mean he’s been putting up duds and was playing the ravens who have a solid defense.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So I assume everyone who drafted Lamar Jackson is making the finals.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Silly Burrito posted:

Sup

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

Yo

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

lol I essentially benched him for Njoku, who got scratched and I didn't see it in time because I was at a family Christmas party. Think I can advance even with the 0 from Njoku but I'm going to be salty if that's what costs me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Good luck to all you other finals makers!