Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
the main event was good and the Kenny interview was great

I have still not been convinced to watch Impact wrestling, but you get points for trying, Don Callis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

back to Stamford kid :smuggo:

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Callis is right, Matthews is a stooge.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Seth Rollins posted:

his hair as well

HEY that's that classic 'cleaner' look!!

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

this was a great impact special where they repeatedly buried impact

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhe3vSe-mmw

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It was actually kinda worth watching this poo poo just for full over the top heel Kenny.

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.

magiccarpet posted:

kenny omega is going to vtrigger yokozuna

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Heel Kenny is incredible and in terms of workrate he's BITW, but Mox is 2020 Wrestler of the Year IMO.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kenny is going to beat Endo and become the first ever simultaneous triple-crown global champion.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Kenny is INCREDIBLE as a gigantic douchebag, but this is really driving home how much better of a promo Mox is than him.

Mox for Wrestler of the Year and Best Promo

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It was an okay, rambly promo I guess. I lost my attention a few times.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

smh, saying Spider-Man 1 instead of Amazing Fantasy 15

he was referring to the Todd McFarlane Spider-Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

kenny omega, bigtiming douche that pisses off every single promotion could be a fun angle

a year from now, an international coalition unites to kill one smarmy rear end in a top hat

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Heel Kenny is incredible and in terms of workrate he's BITW, but Mox is 2020 Wrestler of the Year IMO.

Mox wrestler of 2020, Kenny gonna be 2021

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

HidaO-Win posted:

Mox for Wrestler of the Year and Best Promo

Eddie Kingston is the Best Promo for me

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

dromal phrenia posted:

kenny omega, bigtiming douche that pisses off every single promotion could be a fun angle

a year from now, an international coalition unites to kill one smarmy rear end in a top hat

Coalition to end Omegalomania

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That was quite good but the reason amounting to “just because” is kind of underwhelming

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Turns out TNA still mostly sucks.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Duke Pukem posted:

Eddie Kingston is the Best Promo for me

truth

mox is clearly the winner over omega for 2020, kenny wasn't a focal point of AEW and even the hangman story had more to do with hangman than kenny. Mox was front and center.

I can't really say who is 2020 wrestler of the year though, because there's probably a ton of great japanese and mexican wrestlers that I haven't been watching this year

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
don callis is a better promo than kenny omega

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

hell kenny rules

im leaving the typo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Reality Protester posted:

Don Callis has been a really good promo for over 20 years

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

StarkRavingMad posted:

Mox wrestler of 2020, Kenny gonna be 2021

Pretty reasonable take. Kenny will never be the all around package Mox is though.

Mox's AEW top run really showed what he could be, and the dude carried a fledgling promotion as the top guy through the most hosed up year for wrestling in decades and I almost feel like a lot of people are just taking it for granted because Mox isn't Kenny or Okada.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah dude, he's the fuckin Jackyl. They literally used to lower him down from the rafters on a big platform to cut promos during truth commission matches. Then he was Cyrus, and was the best heel authority figure in wrestling history.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

sportsgenius86 posted:

That was quite good but the reason amounting to “just because” is kind of underwhelming

I dunno, being a massive dick who acts all patronizing towards those rinky-dink promotions is some old-school heel champ poo poo, and it tends to work.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Yeah pretty comfortably. Good thing they gave Kenny a heel mouthpiece

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, Callis doing most of the talking while Kenny is being a prima donna on the sidelines seems like a pretty good mix.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cerebral Bore posted:

I dunno, being a massive dick who acts all patronizing towards those rinky-dink promotions is some old-school heel champ poo poo, and it tends to work.

The only question is who beats him; it's a tough situation because on one hand Hangman is probably the most logical choice but OTOH not having Mox get revenge makes Mox seem like a chump. That's literally what happened in WWE when he just...lost to AJ decisively after getting hosed out of the title.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Yeah dude, he's the fuckin Jackyl. They literally used to lower him down from the rafters on a big platform to cut promos during truth commission matches. Then he was Cyrus, and was the best heel authority figure in wrestling history.

Still impressed Vince thought a South African white supremacist paramilitary themed stable was a good idea in the late 90s

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The only question is who beats him; it's a tough situation because on one hand Hangman is probably the most logical choice but OTOH not having Mox get revenge makes Mox seem like a chump. That's literally what happened in WWE when he just...lost to AJ decisively after getting hosed out of the title.
Mox might not face him until after Kenny loses it, going by how long Mox had the title, if Kenny's reign is similar Mox is gonna probably get time off for paternity leave depending how far along Renee is

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It depends on how he loses. I think with a cage match Mox could plausibly lose since he can't go where he's been kayfabed to be strongest, on the outside.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SamuraiFoochs posted:

AEW likes doing slow burn stuff, so it's plausible that they don't have their rematch until quite a ways in the future in which case another loss wouldn't be that bad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

It depends on how he loses. I think with a cage match Mox could plausibly lose since he can't go where he's been kayfabed to be strongest, on the outside.

Actually this would be dumb and bad too b/c the entire point of the way Kenny won the title is he couldn't beat Mox straight up like a man like he crowed about so much. What you're suggesting literally defeats the purpose of Kenny's heel turn in the first place.

Cerebral Bore posted:

AEW likes doing slow burn stuff, so it's plausible that they don't have their rematch until quite a ways in the future in which case another loss wouldn't be that bad.

The problem with this is it makes no sense for Mox to have to wait so long since management kayfabe agrees Mox got hosed.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Mox can get revenge in ways that don’t result in him as champ. Definitely makes more sense in AEW’s life to make their next champion their under-30 babyface ace. It certainly fits with the idea that they’re considering year 2 the year for their next generation to truly break out.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Mox-as-Bugs-Bunny intensifies...

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Actually this would be dumb and bad too b/c the entire point of the way Kenny won the title is he couldn't beat Mox straight up like a man like he crowed about so much. What you're suggesting literally defeats the purpose of Kenny's heel turn in the first place.

Mox arguably broke the gentleman's agreement first, as far as the match itself.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Tony is pretty patient. I'd put down some money on Hangman losing to Omega his first time out, then Moxley regains, then whatever. Hangman has to beat Omega to get a title shot in late 2021? Lots of possibilities.

I think last week's match ended "Kenny is better in a pure match," because Kenny couldn't win without cheating. Obviously Kenny's more athletic and agile but Moxley's tough enough to take it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Also I know that AEW basically doesn't do them, but if they have a Mox/Omega rematch in the near future then it might actually be an appropriate time for some kind of gently caress finish where Kenny just barely escapes an irate Mox and then starts ducking him for all that he's worth.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

Mox arguably broke the gentleman's agreement first, as far as the match itself.

What is with this forum's incredible ability to be all "ACTUALLY that dude's not really the heel here"?

There is no ambiguity about the fact that Kenny is great. He's also undeniably a coward heel cheater.

Thanlis posted:

Tony is pretty patient. I'd put down some money on Hangman losing to Omega his first time out, then Moxley regains, then whatever. Hangman has to beat Omega to get a title shot in late 2021? Lots of possibilities.

I think last week's match ended "Kenny is better in a pure match," because Kenny couldn't win without cheating. Obviously Kenny's more athletic and agile but Moxley's tough enough to take it.

This I agree with though. And BTW we still don't know who attacked Mox and there is the hint that it could've been Hangman, so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What is with this forum's incredible ability to be all "ACTUALLY that dude's not really the heel here"?

There is no ambiguity about the fact that Kenny is great. He's also undeniably a coward heel cheater.

This I agree with though. And BTW we still don't know who attacked Mox and there is the hint that it could've been Hangman, so there's that.

I'm not denying that Kenny is the heel here.