Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wish the show was on at a better time but that was a nice show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

algebra testes posted:

Another great episode of AEW Rampage.

:yeah:

Incredible how great a show can be when you only include the good things and leave out the meh things.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
Fuego got a surprising amount of new poo poo in in the last half of that match I was actually kinda worried for miros HEEEEEEAT

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Cerebral Bore posted:

:yeah:

Incredible how great a show can be when you only include the good things and leave out the meh things.

if only we could leave out the shaq papa john's ads

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Elephant Ambush posted:

if only we could leave out the shaq papa john's ads

Better them than Applebee's

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

dromal phrenia posted:

it's so much better than normal corner punches! he was hitting fuego and i was thinking fuego would go out and just lay KO'd in the corner

both of them making it a strikes/shots focused match was really cool and very different from the match's first half and most of the other matches on the card. it's great to see the attention miro puts into matches that are basically "the same"

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Shard posted:

Just watch every match featuring the monster matanza cueto

i just want smash cuts of each swat, a collage of big muscle guys smacking flippy boys out of the air

I can't remember who it was, but I think it was in WWE, someone jumped at a big boy and just didn't affect him... at all. Like, crossbodied mark henry (or someone else who normally catches you) but he just stood there and didn't budge while an entire grown human man's body bounced off of him

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

fez_machine posted:

Sammy needs a program that's free of Jericho to really put him over as one of the 4 pillars. Miro will still be awesome and his reign was mostly smashing mid carders and below.

My brain agrees with you but my heart needs Miro to hold the belt. I’m not gonna be mad when it happens but I’ll be a little bummed.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
OL' SAM COLD GONNA DUMP THE BULGARIA BELT IN THE RIVER

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rampagethoughts

1) The Butcher and the Blade vs Lucha Bros. One thing I do love that AEW does is to front load with "here's why this match matters". B&B look good but are a little slow. Once they warm up though they look great. Lots of hefty damage and a great ability to be crash pads for the Lucha Bros. Butch especially is doing very well with the bruising power moves. Loved Blade tying Penta's mask. Nicely played fuckery at the end with Private Party getting involved, and Proud and Powerful chasing them off

Decent Kenny and Bryan package.

2) Bunny vs Anna Jay. Tay looks like she might just murder Bunny herself. Anna is coming along nicely as a killer. Very solid dominant offense. Bunny trying to re-injure the shoulder is nice psychology. QUICK 3 count on Bunny after this. Tay murders fools. Penelope takes people out with brass knuckles. Feud continues. Nice.

Hook package that also has Hobbs in it. Good stuff.

Matt Hardy goes after an indy wrestler, sorry, fan, dressed like Orange Cassidy. Jack Evans gives him a haircut. Cassidy takes his sweet time coming out. Taz says some mean poo poo about the dude.

Britt out. Signs Toney's death warrant by hugging him. Ruby Soho out. Looking cool as gently caress. Oh poo poo, Ruby throws some NASTY stuff at Britt. Both of them are going hard on this one. I like this.

Fuego is putting his mid range Hyundai on the line. Miro fucks. It's time for the main event.

3) Miro vs Fuego Del Sol. I love Miro's entrance so much. He's a conquering hero, a gladiatorial champion. He is going to murder mask boy, much as I love the lad. Fuego does the absolute best that a guy in his position could do. He's getting murdered, but he refuses to lie down. Wow, those double stomps on the neck look fantastic. This is a great match, not just a great squash. Miro murders him, but he had to work for it.

Post match keys in mouth Game Over. Sammy comes out to protect / avenge him. Sammy wants the title, awesome.

Good show. Show good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sammy vs. Miro is gonna be great and Miro is gonna somehow end up in possession of Sammy's Vlog.