Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Wait so was SpaceChem training me to code in Funge this whole time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.

dijon du jour posted:

Wait so was SpaceChem training me to code in Funge this whole time?
Yes, SpaceChem is pretty similar, but more friendly then the pure funge programs.
code:
64+"!dlroW ,olleH">:#,_@
This is the canonical Hello World! program, which prints "Hello World!" to the screen, its a bit hard to comprehend (thats a selling point of these obscure languages). It works by pushing the letters on the stack in reverse order, then pops them off to stdout. That looks a little obfuscated, but once the author starts using both axis of the programming space, this is what you get:
code:
#1#3#5#7#9#b#d#f; init ;a8+y00p>:00gg' -v   v        +1_:20p:1+*1-00g\-30p00g1+v
1              1               ^      +1_10p>:00g1-g'|-^  vp06:+g01p05:+g01p04:<
2              2v ; build lists ;  p0a0p09+1p08:+1p07:+g01<
3              3>01p11p>01g:20g/+11g:20g/+30g+g:' -!v
4123456789abcde4   >   ^          _v#p10:%g01+1g10<v_ ; identify symbol ; 021p:v
v17z'p16 ; main ; _^#!p11:%g01+1g11< vp+g11g05g12;  mark in lists ; $_21g1+21p:v
p     >1g:20g/+11g:20g/+30g+g' -v    >21g60g01g+p2 1g40g01g20g/+11gv ^!-gg00g12<
8     0       v>#               _v                ^      p+*g02/g02<
>1p51p^        0  > 60g01g+g51g40 g01g20g/+11g20v  >a0g+v
6  v< ^           ^g15g+g11g05g15<              g ^ $p0a<
p  ;^;^_#;<    |p15:%g01+1g15pg09g15!`0**g+*g02/<
1>:11p ^   >   >  51g90ggv 1<
7^%g01 +1g<|p15:%g01+1g15_1+^ v                                  <
z>01p#^_11^>:!v             11<               > ; long ; 2+71g\`!|
'^:%g01+1g10<$_ ; -> process symbol list ; :1-|                  > ; copy ; 078v
   ;        ^ ; <- go to next point ;p1<      > ; append ; $61g67              v
   > ; -> finished scan ; 61g!v   >ga1g^ v1pg0g19\g11:+1pg0g19\g10:g1bp1bp1ap19<
   ^               _'z71p1    v   1>    ;>+b1p#;51g90ggv1p1b+1g1b   <
                   ^-2g17p160<    b|p15:%g01+1g15      _51gb1g91g0gp^
 > ; backtrack ;a0g!#@_0#@}kp^    ^<                     >51g70gg91p51g1+70gga1v
 |!-z'g17 ; do long list <- ; _ ; -> do 1 list ; >51g61g-|vg1ag05p1b:gg07+2g15p<
^ ; <- scan again ;                                      <>+pb1g60g91g+pb1g40g9v
 > ; recurse! ; >01g40g11g+g01g40g11g+01g50g11g+v v9gg00g1bp+*g02/g02g1a+/g02g1<
                 v11g06g10g+g11g06g10+g11g05g10g< >1g:20g/+a1g:20g/+30g+p51g3+5v
                |>g+01g:20g/+11g:20g/+30g+g01g:2v^ p163 ;*HAX*;      p0a-1g0ap1<
 | p11:%g01+1g11] p10:%g01+1g10+g03+/g02:g11+/g0<
 >080gg91p180gga1p71g1-80gg:b1p0\50ga1g+p0b1g60g91g+p0b1g40g91g20g/+a1g20g/20g*v
                        v0ap0a-1:g0a17p17:-1g17p+g03+/g02:g1a+/g02:g19gg00g1bp+<
                        >61g80gg61g80g61g1+:61p71g-v
^                       ^                          _10g:*4*71g+1+0{{2u$$2-u}
This block of gibberish is a Sudoku solver (source).

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
"hmm, Ars Magica really isn't complicated enough, let's put some SpaceChem in it."

On another note, is there anyone here capable of 3d modelling and would like to collab on a mod? I'm working on something similar to Modular Turrets only with autonomous giant siege/novelty weapons and traps (giant hammers/pistons, fans, flame grills, axes... the mod's title is Creepers Must Die if that gives you any idea) and I can't do art to save my life.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Anyone know of a UI type mod that lets me, for example, put a lava bucket on my hot bar, and if I place a source block with it, it'll automatically swap in another lava bucket if I have one in my inventory?

Inventory Tweaks sort of says it does something like that, just wondering if there's anything else out there I missed.

If it could also keep me from tossing lava buckets when I try to pick up a source block and my inventory is full that would be even better. I'm moving a lot of lava in my game and I keep vaporizing buckets. :qq:

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

xzzy posted:

Anyone know of a UI type mod that lets me, for example, put a lava bucket on my hot bar, and if I place a source block with it, it'll automatically swap in another lava bucket if I have one in my inventory?

Inventory Tweaks sort of says it does something like that, just wondering if there's anything else out there I missed.

If it could also keep me from tossing lava buckets when I try to pick up a source block and my inventory is full that would be even better. I'm moving a lot of lava in my game and I keep vaporizing buckets. :qq:

The fluivac from TE can shoot lava from a tank in your inventory. Also, mekanism tanks have a bucket mode.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
There's also the Diamond Buckets mod that adds a bunch of buckets which can carry multiple blocks of lava at once.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

bigperm posted:

The fluivac from TE can shoot lava from a tank in your inventory. Also, mekanism tanks have a bucket mode.

:eyepop:

How is this the first time I've heard of this. This is amazing.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Anyone know if there's a way to get a psi program back out of a bullet and into program form to fiddle with, if I deleted it from the programmer to work on something else already?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

http://i.imgur.com/x0aLFzL.gifv

i really like this mod

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Magic Hiccups.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Hey, I know! Baby's First Space Race needs an item that players can craft from virtually nothing that can send them back to the tutorial dimension. Hmm, well, let's look this up. Okay then, time to write code for an item, a texture, tie it all up with assets, names, blablabla. Oh yes, and the crafting recipes. Okay, let's take it for a spin! What could possibly go wrong?

Well, other than the alpha channel screwing up on the texture the first time and using the wrong file name when I made the texture, the code all worked perfectly fine the first time.

I tried to make the item look like a wooden rattle with a rocket on the end, but it just looks like a dong. That's what I screwed up. Big time.

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

Ship it!

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Redacted it because it was oh so wrong.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
The magical saga of BFSR development is 90% of the reason why I read this thread.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Hey, I know! Baby's First Space Race needs an item that players can craft from virtually nothing that can send them back to the tutorial dimension. Hmm, well, let's look this up. Okay then, time to write code for an item, a texture, tie it all up with assets, names, blablabla. Oh yes, and the crafting recipes. Okay, let's take it for a spin! What could possibly go wrong?

Well, other than the alpha channel screwing up on the texture the first time and using the wrong file name when I made the texture, the code all worked perfectly fine the first time.

I tried to make the item look like a wooden rattle with a rocket on the end, but it just looks like a dong. That's what I screwed up. Big time.

Maybe :nws:?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
whats nsfw about a rocket ship :colbert:

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

I mean, it doesn't look thaaat much like a dong to most people. However, I was about to post on the thread about how awesome I was and post a picture, and then I thought, "WWGD? (What Would Goons Do?)" I remembered the rule that goons can be approximated by the program.
code:
while True:
  dongs
And there it was. A dong.

I was already sent a much better one. I was trying to make it look earth tone because the ingredients for it are either 2 sand, 2 dirt, or 2 gravel on top of each other. Then it came out... flesh colored.

So I have a more serious problem actually. My modified Lockdown is causing me some trouble with loading up the tutorial dimension in new games. So if you recall, I'm trying to have the player start in the tutorial dimension, and there's a spot where they can go to the Overworld according to the settings they specified. This was generally working in more simple cases, but the tutorial world copy that's loading in now goes completely nuts.

The player should start in a little nursery room with light blue and yellow painted walls, across from a nurse NPC with a baby bottle and an assault rifle. Now the room's walls have all turned into signs, and one of the walls out across the road looks like it's molten copper. It's like all the block IDs went nuts. The inventory is corrupt, and the game usually crashes a few seconds later due to an index being out of range for some block--usually from Galacticraft. I don't think it's that mod's fault though.

I went and did a trial test again of my Lockdown changes using The Nether, and everything there works perfectly. I verified that with this procedure:

1. Disable Lockdown.
2. Start a new game with a superflat world.
3. Portal into The Nether.
4. Mark up The Nether a bit so I can be certain in a new game that it's mine.
5. Quit out of Minecraft while still in The Nether.
6. Copy the save to the Lockdown template.
7. Delete from the template version the region folder, and the DIM1 folder.
8. Enable Lockdown to use my template, as well as recognize my new setting that lets user-specified settings take over.
9. Start up Minecraft.
10. Create a new world with a distinct terrain generation. I've been using the Realistic World Generator.
11. Start the game.

I will start in The Nether with the world there like it was in my original game. When I go through the portal, I indeed show up underground in a new world. Remember that the original save was superflat.

The tutorial dimension is in an RFTools dimension. It's DIM2, in particular. I created it in a superflat world with all the RFTools toys. All of that, however, should have been moved into DIM2--included the creative dimension builder so it's perpetually operational.

So with this setup, everything just started going to hell. I have no idea why. An original save is fine. I can try to just slap this all up in the BFSR Beta is somebody just wants to peck at it. There is some other odd behavior, like the starting inventory mod apparently still doing stuff despite the fact I thought I deleted it. Herobrine?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

trip report: the 1.8 mod Intangible has motivated me to build a villager sex dungeon, so that i may harvest their children for their souls

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I guess that's a better use out of them than the usual harvest their children for emeralds (Tinker's Construct) and sacrificial lambs (Blood Magic).

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Sage Grimm posted:

I guess that's a better use out of them than the usual harvest their children for emeralds (Tinker's Construct) and sacrificial lambs (Blood Magic).

they slowly and agonizingly die without moving when release, sans soul, from their cage of bone

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

it's far far worse is what I'm saying here

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

they slowly and agonizingly die without moving when release, sans soul, from their cage of bone

Don't worry. The soul gets forcibly implanted in a pig person. It doesn't go to waste.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Sage Grimm posted:

A player on a server I'm on introduced me to the mod today. "Hey phondeux, come check this out!"

Yeah ... gonna have nightmares about blocks growing spider legs and wandering off.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Update on this:

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

So I have a more serious problem actually. My modified Lockdown is causing me some trouble with loading up the tutorial dimension in new games. So if you recall, I'm trying to have the player start in the tutorial dimension, and there's a spot where they can go to the Overworld according to the settings they specified. This was generally working in more simple cases, but the tutorial world copy that's loading in now goes completely nuts.
I was able to stay in the game long enough to verify that the IDs of at least the few blocks I could check before a crash had the same IDs as the original save. It's just that somehow they're getting shifted around. In my case, I was able to check that the Extra Utilities colored oaks at ID 854 were turning into CustomNPC signs, ID 854. So somehow when loading the save into a new world, Minecraft is moving around these IDs. Does anybody know the internals enough in 1.7.10 to tell me what is going on with this, and how I might be able to prevent it? I mean, I'm not above writing code to get around this. I've already written part of the code that is making some of this possible in the first place.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

There is some other odd behavior, like the starting inventory mod apparently still doing stuff despite the fact I thought I deleted it. Herobrine?

Rocko, Maybe whilst you are doing that maybe add a /sethome and /home command so that when you return to the overworld you dont have to randomly wander to find your base as you appeared in a different location.

oh and you have to add a new slab type block .

W S W
W W W

W = Wood, S = Sand

Sandpit

and when you add more next to each other they expand into a nice BIG sandpit

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Feb 15, 2016

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Update on this:

I was able to stay in the game long enough to verify that the IDs of at least the few blocks I could check before a crash had the same IDs as the original save. It's just that somehow they're getting shifted around. In my case, I was able to check that the Extra Utilities colored oaks at ID 854 were turning into CustomNPC signs, ID 854. So somehow when loading the save into a new world, Minecraft is moving around these IDs. Does anybody know the internals enough in 1.7.10 to tell me what is going on with this, and how I might be able to prevent it? I mean, I'm not above writing code to get around this. I've already written part of the code that is making some of this possible in the first place.

FML rewrites the IDs to match the data saved in the world since sometime in the 1.7 cycle, which usually isn't a problem. If the pre-set data doesn't have this block map though, it may not match if mods have been changed since saving the world. (Or after connecting to servers that were started before, because that also changes them to match the server)

All this is in the main level.dat, which is also where the overworld seed is, so you'll probably need to figure out some way to mess with that if you want the overworld to be fully random.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

fondue posted:

A player on a server I'm on introduced me to the mod today. "Hey phondeux, come check this out!"

Yeah ... gonna have nightmares about blocks growing spider legs and wandering off.

what mod is that? my son would love that.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

a very disturbing part of Intangible

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

fondue posted:

That might make Grief Prevention a pain in the proverbial.

Someone casts that on your ME Drive and it walks out the base on its own meaning they can then grab said ME Drive and walk off with your base.

or someone makes Spawn get up and walk around

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

TheresaJayne posted:

That might make Grief Prevention a pain in the proverbial.

Someone casts that on your ME Drive and it walks out the base on its own meaning they can then grab said ME Drive and walk off with your base.

or someone makes Spawn get up and walk around

I imagine that it only works on vanilla blocks. Spawn protection is a trickier business and I couldn't tell you if the mod author thought of that or not.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Kobata posted:

FML rewrites the IDs to match the data saved in the world since sometime in the 1.7 cycle, which usually isn't a problem. If the pre-set data doesn't have this block map though, it may not match if mods have been changed since saving the world. (Or after connecting to servers that were started before, because that also changes them to match the server)

All this is in the main level.dat, which is also where the overworld seed is, so you'll probably need to figure out some way to mess with that if you want the overworld to be fully random.
Thanks. This gave me a thread to pull on. I haven't figured out how I can transfer the data quite yet though. I just know what I want is in level.data under the FML compound group. I can't figure out how to use the Forge API to load the previous level.data, retrieve that information, and then shove it into the new one. What I was doing to allow user-specified terrain generation to work was save a fresh level.dat with their own settings. However, it looks like it doesn't save the FML category, nor could it since the structure I pass in would not have all the information.

Edit: So I just blew a night trying to scrape the FML compound group out of the template level.dat, and I cram it into the new one right before the game loads it for real. However, something in Forge comes in and pees on it, and I lose all the changes. I was able to step through in a debugger while viewing the NBT file. I inserted a special integer to see that my changes persisted. I can see it going in there during my code, but something then comes in and screws up everything. I am trying to ask on the Forge forums what is up with this, but I don't really expect much help. It isn't like I'm asking how to write a MMORPG, nor how to make a block or something. This is goofy internal shenanigans. Maybe I'll go on #CoFH tomorrow and get lucky.

Rocko Bonaparte fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Feb 15, 2016

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I installed it for my son. Went out with the wife and left his nan to look after him, came back and he had some sort of horse and cart from the roman times as well as a bazooka that shoots food.

So he was killing himself laughing as he was running down rabbits and doing drive by's on the rest.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Haven't been into minecraft for a while. Want to get back into it mainly for the exploration/mining of it, but my main need, before I get back into it, is a mod that adds weapon or makes combat a bit less monotonous. I haven't updated in forever, and looking at the way mods work, it seems a whole lot different than the last time I played around in it.

So is there any that anyone would recommend? Might likely need some sort of small guide for how installing mods works nowadays, too. :kiddo:

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Meskhenet posted:

I installed it for my son. Went out with the wife and left his nan to look after him, came back and he had some sort of horse and cart from the roman times as well as a bazooka that shoots food.

So he was killing himself laughing as he was running down rabbits and doing drive by's on the rest.

Your kid is a little Commodus in the making.

BTW do you want to be in the BFSR Dad Bar?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Your kid is a little Commodus in the making.

BTW do you want to be in the BFSR Dad Bar?

Sure i can be in the dad bar :)

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Meskhenet posted:

Sure i can be in the dad bar :)

For completeness, what Minecraft skin are you using? Or failing that, what is your in-game name? Apparently, I can look it up from that. Or are you just Steve'in it up?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I just found out that the lava for your blue crystal liquid crap doesn't have to be a source block, it can be flowing lava

gently caress

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

For completeness, what Minecraft skin are you using? Or failing that, what is your in-game name? Apparently, I can look it up from that. Or are you just Steve'in it up?

Yeah. how do i change my skin >< lol (haha just googled it. So many terrible ones, but nothing bad enough.

And i tried to do the bee happy pack again. Is it just me or is it a confusing mess?

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 16, 2016

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Meskhenet posted:

Yeah. how do i change my skin >< lol (haha just googled it. So many terrible ones, but nothing bad enough.

And i tried to do the bee happy pack again. Is it just me or is it a confusing mess?

A few sites have an option to apply the skin right then and there. You'll have to log into your Mojang account to finish it off.

Here's an online editor I use sometimes that has the option under the "Apply" button up on top.
http://minecraft.novaskin.me/

This one does it from an "Upload to Minecraft" button when selecting the skin:
http://www.minecraftskins.com/

I have no idea if naughty stuff is happening behind the scenes though. Hopefully somebody chimes in if these sites have a terrible reputation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Ciaphas posted:

I just found out that the lava for your blue crystal liquid crap doesn't have to be a source block, it can be flowing lava

gently caress

Yep. It's way better to throw it into flowing lava and stop wasting buckets and buckets because you have to make a TON of glasswares and blue gems. Like, holy poo poo you'll need a lot.